New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Modern-Medieval?

Had a humorous idea I had to share(partly cuz I'm bored). There's this wizard who's dabbling in strange arcane arts, and he accidentally sends a group of adventurers(or a noble and his party, or other such group) into the future, and they have to figure out how to get back. Think 'Just Visiting', if you've ever seen it. Alternatively, you could have the wizard send someone else accidentally, and have the party trying to chase him down. In which case, they would have to come up with some sort of cover, so they don't get in trouble. My thought were that they could cover as a rock band... inspired by 'screaming blood fury great ice-breaker at parties', of course. Drummer, of course. Thoughts? This could be much expanded on...
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Undead- er, undying gratitude to linklele for the avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Modern-Medieval?

This could be fun, but constant bluff and disguise checks are a bit annoying. The fighter would likely give everyone away almost right away.

They might blend in even better as dedicated Ren Faire people. "Oh look, they're staying in character!"
    Proud initiate ref for the Arena!
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

In fact, I think it would be rather humorous if they first appeared during a renfaire, so at first they didn't really notice being sent into the future.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That would be rather humorous. Then the see the Automobile. Mebbe they mistake it as an evil, flesh-eating construct?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature (mine was on an airship)

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

I now have an apprentice wizard!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    1st point: You summoned that? Wow, you magnificent b*stard son of a munchkin. Are you accepting apprentice applications?