Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Age of Worms (Team Bard)

Team Bard:
    Bran Lloyd, Chaotic Good Human Bard.
    Corpsewaker Korishp, Lawful Neutral Illumian Necromancer
    Dest Corliast, Chaotic Good Elven Rogue
    Leon Arden,Lawful Neutral Human Psychic Warrior
    Inniel Shoaleye,Chaotic Good Halfling Barbarian.
    Ari Rosegate, Lawful Good Elven Binder.

You are all in Diamond Lake. Your reasons varies, but you are all in the Tavern of Old Song.

The Ale is Free today, and the Beds are only 1gp a night. Hot water is running here, because of a naturally accuring steam vent that goes into one of the water towers.

Corpsewaker
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have learned of an anchient Tomb near here, many old secretes roam it's halls Rumor has it that something 'evil' witch usally means 'necromatic and misunderstood' has been happening. Your Cabal wanted you to check it out, it's in a place called the Whispering Carn but your unsure where such a place is.

Dest
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have an old map your Grandfather left to you, It speaks of a place full of good loot, A place called the whispering Carn, the internals of the place are not shown on the map but just how to get there

Leon
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have found out that a place in this Town called 'The Whispering Carn' has many weapons that could enhance your natural abilitys.

Inniel
    Spoiler
    Show
    You were approched by two elderly peaple, but after talking to them for just a moment or two you find they are frantic, they lost their child a year ago and they just want closer, they know she used to play near a forbbien old tomb, it is said to be haunted. and Has long been looted, if you could bring their childs blanket back to them they would try to reward them. At the very least they would be glad for the good deed.

Ari
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have come into the town and as soon as you get there you feel as tho there might be a powerful Vesige here known as 'The Whispering One' your not sure if you can bind it or not, but you know it has many powers that could be useful to you. As far as you know tho, even the greatest binders have lost it's symbol.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Worms (Team Bard)

My Response:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inniel sips from his ale and looks directly toward the frantic couple. "If you're serious about this, I can help you. My services cost 5 silver pieces per day plus expenses, if I'm successful. I can head out as soon as I get preparations done. Please stay in town, in case I need to find you." He extends a hand for the couple to shake.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Korish looks around the room, the dim light slightly illuminated around his table by the glowing sigils spinning gently around his head, he radiates a faint smell of death mixed with that of books and libraries, when he had first entered Korish had drawn a chorus of stares, but now that he had been sitting in the corner sipping at the water he requested for awhile, only the occasional glance greeted him. As he considered the craftsmen ship of the cup and of the carving with the taverns name on it, Korish looked around at his fellow patrons, trying to decide what course he should take next. He had contacted a few sources on this "Whispering Carn" but so far nothing of import had come up, just the usual stories of dark evils and of twisting corridors and dungeons that never end, the stuff of bards tales. Korish sighed and returned to sipping at his water.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #4

Dest:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boredom, even when free ale tries its hardest to counteract it, is a powerful thing, and so it was that Dest Corliast unfurled a patch of ratty parchment, given to him by his grandfather when his . . . adventurous. . . nature was mentioned to the family. Let the boy make something good out of that spirit, fill up the treasury a little. Not quite, Grand-father. Ah, well, he'd be filling up some small, peasant-pocket shaped treasuries. Or, maybe, his own soon-to-be impoverished accounts. His eyes, staring boredly at the map, found his idle musings and dreams of finding wealth not quite so sarcastic, a moment later; this map wasn't an cheap fake his grandpa had been conned into, at all. "Well, I'll be damned," Dest says, looking at the map, "This isn't made up after all, it's just not from Elven lands. The carn looks like it's right around here. Maybe I did get some luck, after all."

The patrons in for the alcoholic long-haul would've noticed only a slight change in what had, that night, been a fixture of the bar. The elf in the corner sat down his pipe, when it was emptied, and instead of ordering another fill, stood and a pair of his empty ale mugs together, half-way between a refined noble making a toast with a spoon on his wineglass and a dwarf demanding a refill. "Anyone in here tired of sitting around and drinkking? he asked, loudly. "I'll buy an ale for any man willing to follow me to the Whispering Carn, for gold, glory, and grand adventure." The comment about buying ale got a few laughs, on a night when the ale was free, but, otherwise, no interest was shown, at first. . .

5. - Top - End - #5

Tialat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is the "forbidden tomb" and the "Wisphering Carn" the same place.

Homebrews:

Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Korish was deep in thought when the Elven man sitting in another corner of the tavern yelled out, but Korish was distracted and filed it off as a disagreement of some sort, however after the words spoken sank in Korish's eyebrows jerked up in surprise, and turned his head toward the elf. Korish got up and walked over the elven man's table. {In Common} did you say the Whispering Carn? I've been searching all over town for clues as to its whereabouts, and now you're offering to pay someone to join you there, ahh Irony. Well I'll take the job gladly, if you don't mind of course

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to put the language used in {} and then the words in a color, for Common I'll use blue, for Draconic, I'll use red, and for Illumian I'll use purple or green, I hope thats ok

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leon Arden

IC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leon sits sprawled at a table in the corner of the Tavern of Old song, content to relax a soak up the atmosphere of the common room. After a week of traveling, it was refreshing to rest up before he began making into ‘The Whispering Carn’ that he had heard so much about.

With his clothes as clean as they had been for sometime, his armor sitting upstairs instead of weighing across his shoulders, a warm bath behind him and a mug of free ale in front of him, the last thing the youth was expecting was an elfish man to stand up and call for adventurers to join him in an expedition to the very place Leon wanted to go.

Able to appreciate the humor of the moment, Leon laughs along with a few of the other patrons, and gives the elf a salute with his ale mug. Content for the moment to watch the scene play out, Leon’s smile slides from his face slightly when he sees the curious man with the glowing signals about his head move to join the elf.

Realising that there was more than a curious level of interest in the Carn for both of the exotic individuals, and therefore a greater than even chance he would encounter the both of them in any case, he excuses himself and walks to the table in time to hear the strange human speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    did you say the Whispering Carn? I've been searching all over town for clues as to its whereabouts, and now you're offering to pay someone to join you there, ahh Irony. Well I'll take the job gladly, if you don't mind of course
    He moves to join the table and sits down, a serious expression on his face.

"I do not know about pay, but if you are both as interested in The Whispering Carn as I am, then I think it would be remise of us not to introduce ourselves. At the very least, it may well save… Misunderstandings… In the future. My name is Leon."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I’m going to roll with teal for speech. Sorry also for taking so long to post
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

- I still worship you TSO

Spoiler
    Show

*wanders out whistling All Along the Watchtower cover*

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

8. - Top - End - #8

"I'll take any assistance, gladly. Welcome, both of you. From what I've heard, it's not the sort of place one's wanting to go to alone," he said. "My name's Dest C-- Dest. My skills lie in entry, elven fencing, and stealth. Any skills added to the adventure are greatly useful, I'm sure," he says, cheerily. Although not normally one for such good humour, Dest felt fortune smile on him as two people in the same tavern not only sought adventure, but in the specific place he had a map guiding them to.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Dest seems like an indigo man to me.
    Last edited by VeisuItaTyhjyys; 2007-12-23 at 12:05 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

{In Common} So you're a rogue? Among my peoples Cabals, Rogues are very common, because we don't have armies or numbers like many do, stealth and the ability to strike from the shadows is important. Well I'm a wizard, a Necromancer to be more specific. My name is Corpsewaker Korish. then, turning to the new arrival Korish says {In Common} what of you Leon, what are your skills then? After asking this Korish hopes that his newfound friends will react well to the revelation of his chosen field of work, many people outside his cabal, including other Illumians, were disgusted by this revelation, and he hoped these would be different. Though he had been warned that many people outside the Cabal had a different take on the art of Undeath, it was still galled him that anyone could be so shortsighted.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Inniel
    Spoiler
    Show
    They give a pleading look "Please sir, we are poor, we have lost our child, please assist us, when you come back perhaps with proof we can pay you 2 gold, that is our life savings!"

OOC Everyone else is doing alright.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

11. - Top - End - #11

Ari

Just as Dest made his call for those searching for the Whispering Cairn, a short figure walked into the tavern. The figure's race and even gender were obscured by a massive and shining suit of full-plate armour, helmet on and visor down. A lonsword hung from it's side. Several people turned to stare, but the figure ignored them. It listened intently to Dest, Korish, and Leon talk, then moved over to them and sat down.
    "My name is Ari. This 'Whispering Cairn' intrigues me. May I accompany you?" it said, without removing the helmet or lifting the visor.
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2007-12-23 at 11:58 AM.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Korish had just finished asking his question, and slipped into deep thought, when the door opened and the tall Elven man entered, but again Korish payed him no heed. However as the figure began to walk with a distinctive "clunk clunk" of heavy armor, it seemed to him as if the figure were walking straight toward their small gathering. With this thought Korish turned around just in time to see the tall metal-encased figure standing next to them, begin to speak. While the man spoke, Korish studied the man. Korish had seen many kinds of people in his somewhat brief travels, but truly he had rarely seen someone so heavily armored, save for the Paladins of course. With this thought, disgust welled up inside him, and he briefly considered telling the figure to go get lost in a swamp. However pragmatism and reason quickly asserted themselves in his mind and he realized that any help would be welcome if the stories he had heard of the Carn proved true, and his allies might not be too welcome to his harsh attitude. So when the figure stopped speaking Korish merely said {In Common} Well I don't know, I don't see any problem with it, but tell me Ari, what is your profession? what aid do you bring to the group? satisfied that he would learn the truth about this armored figure soon enough, Korish relaxed, and wondered if he would get an answer from Leon as well, for truly he had not had a chance to hear what he had to say when this armored man had walked up to them.

13. - Top - End - #13

My Response to the couple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Consider me at your disposal." I drop 5 cp on the table as a tip, gather my things, and head out to whatever address they gave me.

Homebrews:

14. - Top - End - #14

"From what I've seen of magic, a wizard will be a great boon to us, Corspewaker. Or should I call you Korish?" A brief look of confusion crosses Dest's face, as he thinks he picks up an elven accent on the armoured man's voice. A knight? he thinks, worriedly, but lets it go without showing his dismay. He'd picked up one skill, at least, of the elven courts. "If your skill in battle is even half what it looks to be from that armour, we could certainly use your aid, friend," he said to Ari.

15. - Top - End - #15

Ari

Ari does not react to Dest's compliment, but to Korish's question he replies "I am a Paladin of Corellon Larethian." He opens his visor, showing a blue-eyed elven face, and reaches inside, pulling his holy symbol, the cresent moon of Corellon Larethian, out on a thin steel chain. He lets it drop, but it sits strangely, due to the chain coming out of the visor, rather than being around the neck. Obviously annoyed at this, he takes it and puts it back inside.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

So he IS a Paladin Korish thought to himself and under his breath he says {In Illumian} Damn Holy Men, always mussing things up for me His face changes to a sort of leering frown, and with a sneer in his voice he asks, a tad harshly {In Common} So what is YOUR interest in the Carn, oh NOBLE elf?

17. - Top - End - #17

Note: From hereon Grey is for describing actions, Green is for describing speech, and Black is for describing crunch.

Dest: You feel a tap on your elbow, and notice the Halfling mercenary named Inniel that has been hanging around the Inn recently. Greetings Dest. I heard you mentioning the Whispering Carn, and, as it turns out, I've just been hired to do a job there. Considered that our goals seem to be the same at the moment, I wouldn't mind traveling with you and your new companions for the moment.

Homebrews:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leon Arden

Leon takes a moment to consider Korish's question. As he is about to speak however, he is interrupted by the arrival of Ari. He listens with interest to what he has to say, as well as the venom in Korish's reaction to the news that he is a paladin.

As soon as Inniel introduces himself however, Leon sits back with a bemused expression on his face. "Well there is certainly far more interest in the Carn than I expected to find. I think it is well that we have had this opportunity to encounter each other in such a pleasant atmosphere first."

He adjusts himself to a more comfortable position before continuing. "In answer to your question Korish, I make my living by hiring out my sword, though I am not currently under contract. My interest in the Carn is somewhat... personal..."
    Last edited by Ruik; 2007-12-23 at 08:00 PM.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Korish, still staring daggers at the Ari, turns when he hears Leon speak, his mood visibly lightening at the change of hands, and says {In Common} Indeed? well if what I've heard of this place is true then any extra sword or axe will be useful, regardless of their purpose and with this last he looks sharply at Ari, attempting to make it clear that he would not let his dislike of the others methods affect the effectiveness of their potential group, even if Ari would.

20. - Top - End - #20

Inniel sighs, and cracks his knuckles.I'm glad you're all on board. I try to travel light, so I've got what I need to go. I've met Dest so far, but if any of you're interested: my name's Inniel, and I'm a blade for hire. Not much else to say, I suppose, other than I get the job done and am not averse to sharing a cheap ale and a hearty chuckle once things are finished.
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2007-12-23 at 09:35 PM.

Homebrews:

21. - Top - End - #21

"Of course, it would be senseless to try it seperately," Dest said to Innieal, "Welcome aboard."

"Well met," Dest told Ari in the elvish tongue. "Corellon's freedom upon your feet," he added; it was an old, traditional blessing of the elven court. "Swords and spells will both be useful to us, Korish, I'm certain," Dest said, "I've heard the carn is quite a dangerous place." Dest had heard no such thing, actually; he was just assuming dungeons, on the whole, were dangerous places.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bran

Sitting at the bar, as he has done many times before. Bran tries to overhear as many conversations as he can, trying to pickout which conversation will prove the most interesting/profitable. The past few days there hasn't been much to listen to, but there was a lot of talk about the "Whispering Carn."

Sounds spooky, thought Bran. Might make for an interesting song...

...if I can play this right, they might let me tag along. It's all in the timing though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Checks to see if Bran can figure out what the Whispering Carn is.

Knowledge: History - (1d20+5)[17]
    Gather Information - (1d20+3)[11]
    Bardic Knowledge - (1d20+2)[6]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Tarvern Seems to start to bore ((you guys can head to the cairn anytime you are ready))

Bran
    Spoiler
    Show
    You seem to remeber something about a 'Whispering Cairn' that was around thease parts, mostly looted, but peaple still find things there from time to time.

24. - Top - End - #24

Ari

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsewalker Korish
    So what is YOUR interest in the Carn, oh NOBLE elf?
    "My interests are my own. You might have known them, had you been more respectful. In fact, if you wish to work with me, rather than be arrested by me for necromancy, you will keep a civil tongue in your head," Ari says, leaning across the table to make his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dest
    "Well met," Dest told Ari in the elvish tongue. "Corellon's freedom upon your feet," he added; it was an old, traditional blessing of the elven court.
    At this, Ari leans back into his seat, and the scowl leaves his face. "And on yours, friend."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that speech, Lord A. Ari isn't normally this anal, it's just savnok's influence.

25. - Top - End - #25

Inniel leans over to Dest and whispers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've seen paladins have conversations with necromancers before, I think it'd be wise to get these two in range of something it'd be productive to fight before we're explaining what happened to the local authorities.

Homebrews:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Korish listens in disgust to Ari's response, and is once again appalled by the sheer self righteousness Paladins seem to carry about them, paying no heed to the whispers of his fellows Korish says {In Common} ARREST me for necromancy will you? well under who's authority will you "arrest" me, for truly I have broken no laws nor done any wrong, though the nature of my art may DISPLEASE you GOOD SIR, I could say the same of you, but at least I will try to keep a level head for the good of this excursion and our fellows as a whole, can you do the same, or have Paladins suddenly stopped caring for the well being of their allies, Necromancer or not? With that in mind, perhaps we should be off, I am ready as soon as everyone else is, all of my spells are prepared today and I have nothing to pack, and the sooner we get this over with the sooner we can leave any UNDESIRABLE company behind. Korish speaks this last bit as, yet again, he stares poison and daggers at Ari

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry back, But Korish doesn't like being disrespected, especially when someone treats necromancy like a vile and terrible thing (even if it is, he thinks of it more as a tool to better society and himself than anything truly evil, and while he knows most people don't feel the same, he still gets peeved about it)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2007-12-26 at 05:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leon Arden

Sensing that things might be getting out of hand, Leon places his cup down on the table and leans back giving a satisfied sigh before addressing the group gathered around the table. "I have all my belongings packed in my room, so it will take me but a few minutes to don my armour. Shall we meet outside the tavern in say ten minutes?"

Assuming no one objects, Leon makes his way to his room, takes off his sword belt and puts on his armour, re buckling his weapon over the top and shifting his shoulders around to even out the weight. Once satisfied, he grabs his backpack, takes the room key back to the inn keeper, and makes his way outside.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Sounds good.Inniel leans back in his chair.Now, Korlish and Ari, I take it? As much fun as this has been, I'm a mercenary and I'm on the clock. If you're serious about making it to the Whispering Carn with this impromptu expedition, you might want to put this lover's quarrel aside before you end up married.Inniel stands, puts on his backpack, and makes his way outside.

Homebrews:

29. - Top - End - #29

Dest can't help but snicker and Inniel's comments, but quickly regains his typcially elven composure. "I've never cared much for the undead or for intricacies of a legal system," Dest says, "So I didn't make a career in either. Similarly, neither of you wanted to spend painful hours of burnt hair and stuck thumbs trying to figure out how to get around traps, so you didn't end up in my line of work. Let's all leave everyone else to their preferences and be glad we were allowed to go our own way, shall we? We can meet outside in ten minutes, and if anyone else would like to come, they're welcome along the way." The last bit was said more loudly, to attrack more attention.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

(( I may or may not be on tommorow so I thought i'd post before I goto bed disregard this till it applies ))

You travel through some light wooded area to the Cairn

Spoiler
    Show
    Natural Light Illuminates a long hallway extending north into darkness. A faint breeze brings with it whispers that sound like sighing breath. It must be a trick of the wind but the effect is almost life-like. The walls have horizonal Bands of decepivly simple geometric patterns to about waist level. Some places have startling detail while others seem to be worn away by time and hacked at by weapons. Purple and Mustard flaks of anchient pant still cling at places on the walls. and a thin coat of dust is on the floor. Down the darkened hall an intersecon crosses to go east west or north. As you enter this entersection the wind picks up and a chorus of almost human sounds raise up from the darkened hall.

East
    Spoiler
    Show
    This hall extends 15 feet to a pile of rubble with a small blanket and the skeleington of a human child.

West
    Spoiler
    Show
    This hall extends about 40 feet at the end of it is what seems to be a Arcane circle on a platform. and a Large collapse at the end of the hall disallows you to continue. but the circle remains.

Northern
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three Wolves Stand here Growling at you (Please wait for me...)