Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, right. Spell resistance.
    (1d20+9)[3](12)
    Last edited by Skelengar; 2008-01-04 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, here's the order of initiative;
    Simhadrin
    Turivar
    Di'thuung
    Thixis
    Szivar
    Marilith
    Willow

And now for the rest of the attacks.
    --

As all of Simhadrin's attacks strike Turivar lashes at the beast with his chains, and all but one strike true, through and around the demon's vicious weapons. Di'thuung's spell surrounds the creature in axiomatic energy but the very essence of the creature manages to overcome the energies leaving it unharmed and with a grin on her face. Thixis likewise attempts to beat his energy into the mind of the beast but fails, with a similar deep, cold fizzling noise that echoes through your minds. As Szivar strikes the beast with a flurry of blades the marilith parries and deflects most of the blows with her flesh, leaving only the first strike to strike true and cause a small amount of nearly black blood to dribble out.
    The marilith roars and hisses, unleashing a terrible flurry of blows against everyone. She swings her flaming sword at Simhadrin, slicing across his chest burning flesh and spilling blood. Using the same arch of her swing slashes into Szivar and Turivar. The slash just barely misses any vulnerable parts of her flesh, leaving her unharmed. The sword likewise barely misses Turivar, clattering harmlessly against his chain-covered body. Taking the energy from the failed blow she swings again at Turivar but again it just clatters against his chains.
    She slashes with another arm holding an axe at Willow, striking hard, through the plate and into the grey wood, the blade sinking deep. She thrusts again at Szivar with a spear held in another arm, but it thrusts through the open air inches to her left. With a longsword in one of her lower arms she swings again at Willow, but misses him by a mile. She swings yet another time with another longsword at Turivar and drive her weapon deep into a painful nerve in his shoulder, nearly dislocating his arm.
    She swings her black scimitar at Simhadrin again and slashes across his upper arm, blood spattering on the ground behind him. And at the last instant of the vicious flurry, she swings her tail at Turivar, but fails to strike hard enough to deal damage or wrap around his body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage dealt(remember, none of this is including DR or resistances);
    Simhadrin - 17 slashing, 1 fire, 1 Con, another 17 slashing.
    Szivar - Nada.
    Willow - 9 slashing.
    Turivar - 22 slashing

Willow swings twice at the beast but the marilith, despite her flurry of slashes parries or deflects either blow. She roars and hisses yet again, the cry echoing across the gore-soaked battlefield.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-04 at 07:49 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the Maralith's display of combat prowess, Skelengar floats up out of reach of the Maralith.

I hate it when that happens. Well, can't let that deter me.

Skelengar attempts to force his way into the Maralith's mind and crush its will.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skelengar casts Psychic Crush. DC is 26.

CL check=(1d20+9)[21]
    Damage if it succeeds at its will save=(3d6)[8]

Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Turivar

Turivar howls again in pain as the sword punches into his shoulder, but the wound seems to close almost instantly as one of the growths on his body shrivel away, leaving only internal damage for him to deal with later. Furious that the demon had selected him as the focus of her strikes, he backed up again to the maximum of his range and lashes out again.

Spoiler
    Show
    I mentioned that I went to my maximum range (which we agreed, with Dancing Chain, was 20ft,) so how is it that the Marilith got three seperate weapon attacks, plus the Tail Slap, against me? Either way, I'm retreating again to 20ft with my move, using a Swift action to turn one of my growths (five left now) into (2d6+9)[15] healing, and regeneration helps take care of the rest, leaving us with some subdual damage and a very irate Kyton.

Another Dancing Chain series:
    Attacks: (1d20+22)[25], (1d20+18)[25], (1d20+18)[28], (1d20+18)[26]
    Damages: (2d4+13)[17], (2d4+9)[13], (2d4+9)[16], (2d4+9)[17]

Edit: by my calculations, I just completely negated the attack (DR5, 15 healing, and Regen. 2)
    Last edited by Raven T.; 2008-01-04 at 09:20 PM.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

With a triumphant grin on her black face Szivar continues striking.
    Spoiler
    Show

I keep up Dodge and Combat Expertise bonuses to AC the way they were last turn.
    Primary Hand:
    1. (1d20+19)[28]
    2. (1d20+19)[25]
    3. (1d20+14)[33]
    4. (1d20+9)[27]

Off-hand:
    1. (1d20+19)[29]
    2. (1d20+14)[27]

Damage:
    Primary Hand:
    1. (1d6+11)[12]
    2. (1d6+11)[13]
    3. (1d6+11)[16]
    4. (1d6+11)[16]

Off-Hand
    1. (1d6+11)[13]
    2. (1d6+11)[12]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the third Primary attack was a natural 19
    Critical confirmation roll: (1d20+14)[32]
    Critical extra damage (in case of success): (1d6)[1]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone post their actions for this round in whatever order, but the next could everyone please post in their initiative order? It's a little easier on my imagination and decisions for actions.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Di'thuung grimaces as he watches his spell have no effect against the marilith. But he quickly launches into casting again. Then running into the fray.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Divine Power and moving up to the marilith.
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

9. - Top - End - #69

Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... sorry about that Raven, I forgot about that little detail. Let's just say she got it in before you moved or something like that, just for the sake of ease.

As Simhadrin strikes with a flurry of blades all his own the first strike of his primary scimitar is deflected off of the thick skin of her arm, the second hits the same spot and slashes open the weakened flesh but she flinches and move her arm to block it with her spear which suddenly crackles with electricity.
    Simhadrin's other hand seems to be a little luckier, she tries to block or deflect each blow with his off-hand scimitar but each of them strikes true, one blow of which manages to tear her arm open, causing it to bleed. The marilith screeches in agony.
    The chains all swing at the beast but she manages to wrap the chains around her weapons and fling them off before they can hit her. She lets out an insult in Abyssal(those of you who speak it know it's something a little too filthy to be uttered on these boards) to insult him with a smirk on her face.
    The marilith slashes out at Di'thuung as he rushes through her weapons range and barely manages to sink his sword into his flesh, the flaming sword not burning his flesh, but letting blood as it drags through his skin.
    Thixis yet again tries beating something into the demon's mind and the psychic echo of a fizzle rings throughout everyone's mind within range, a grin still on the creature's face.
    Szivar slashes many times and gets in one blow with each hand, the first actually slicing deep and painfully into her lower-torso. The second slashes across another one of her arms. She hisses as black blood spills from her.
    The marilith begins moving her arms and tail and unleashes an onslaught of blows from her many weapons. The energy of the blow she struck against Di'thuung rebounds and swings back down on him at an angle across the chest, hitting hard and slashing over his fresh wound.
    She swings again with the same sword with great strength and speed at Simhadrin, slashing up his arm and letting even more blood and searing flesh. A third strike, she takes the momentum of the blow and strikes Willow, but fails to hit anything but his protective armor. She reflexively strikes again at the fiendish treant but the momentum is so skewed now it strikes with even less strength than the last blow.
    She swings her off-hand and one of her lower arms at Szivar with a dark metal axe and a black-iron longsword, still wet with Turivar's blood. The axe sinks into her shoulder with a sickening metallic -cling- and the sword rips across her stomach, spattering blood across the already bloody ground.
    She lifts her spear up high and thrusts it down at Di'thuung, as the blade impacts through his armor arcs of electricity lash out against his armor and skin but are harmless due to his natural resistance.
    She swings her last black longsword at Willow but to her obvious frustration it simply clatters against his metal plating.
    She makes something of a stunt with her black scimitar and actually hurls it at Turivar, but it hits his armor and bounces off harmlessly to the ground.
    In a final act of rage she swings her massive tail at Willow, slamming hard against his body and actually causing his body to shudder from the impact, and she begins to wrap it around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Damage dealt:
    Simhadrin: 24 slashing, 1 Con
    Di'thuung: 19 slashing, 1 Con, another 22 slashing another 1 Con, 13 piercing(also some fire and electricity damage, but none of that can overcome your natural resistances)
    Szivar: 11 slashing, another 13 slashing
    Turivar: None.
    Willow: 22 bludgeoning and make a grapple check.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check:(1d20+29)[32]
    If grappled attempt to pin opponent:(1d20+29)[32], then attempt to move the grapple(to provoke attacks of opportunity):(1d20+24)[42]
    If not grappled two swings with the sword (no power attack this time), first swing: to hit(1d20+26)[34], damage(6d6+29)[40]. Second swing: to hit(1d20+21)[38], damage(6d6+29)[56]
    I'm not wearing any pants.

12. - Top - End - #72

Shifting his stance slightly, Simhadrin takes on a more defensive looking posture, but he continues to whirl, and twirl, his blades flashing and slashing.

Spoiler
    Show

During Round 3

Full Attack Fighting Defensively, which grants me a +4 to AC for being a Dervish (instead of +2, Elaborate Parry is the class feat) while taking -4 on attack rolls. Designating Marilith for my Dodge.

This makes my AC = 36

Primary attacks
    (1d20+24)[30]
    (1d20+19)[31]
    (1d20+14)[19]

Damage Primary:
    (3d6+19)[31]
    (3d6+19)[30]

Secondary attacks
    (1d20+22)[37]
    (1d20+17)[22]

Damage Secondary
    (1d6+17)[20]
    (1d6+17)[18]

Damage Rend:
    (1d6+9)[14]

Total Damage before DR: 115
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-01-06 at 05:55 PM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Turivar

A little frustrated that his chains failed to hit, he redoubles his attack, watching the serpentine demon for any signs of her next attack.

And he planned on saving that scimitar as a trophy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Dancing Chain series:

Attacks: (1d20+22)[27], (1d20+18)[34], (1d20+18)[27], (1d20+18)[28]

Damage: (2d4+13)[18], (2d4+9)[12], (2d4+9)[12], (2d4+9)[15]

Will not pick up the scimitar the marilith threw at him until after combat is over, but will claim it, even if she comes back to grab it.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

S-o-d-a, Soda

14. - Top - End - #74

Letting out a pained grunt as the marilith's weapons rip at him, Di'thuung sends his own fluury of attack its way. Back to the Abyss with you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack: (1d20+30)[41], (1d20+25)[26], (1d20+20)[33], (1d20+15)[30], (1d20+10)[17], (1d20+5)[12]

Damage: [roll]1d8+11+2d6[/roll], [roll]1d8+11+2d6[/roll], [roll]1d8+11+2d6[/roll], [roll]1d8+11+2d6[/roll], [roll]1d8+11+2d6[/roll], [roll]1d8+11+2d6[/roll]

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for damage:
    (1d8+11)[17](2d6)[9]
    (1d8+11)[18](2d6)[4]
    (1d8+11)[14](2d6)[5]
    (1d8+11)[16](2d6)[10]
    (1d8+11)[13](2d6)[7]
    (1d8+11)[15](2d6)[10]

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn. Well, third time's the charm.

One last time, he atempts to force his way into the Maralith's subconsious.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to try death urge again, augumented by the same amount.

DC=29 (24 +1 from psionatrix + 4 from augmentation)
    duration= 3 rounds (1+2 from augmentation)

(1d20+9)[27]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

[In responce to Willow's grapple]
    The marilith wraps it's black coils around the grey, leafless treant and tries crushing him and is immediately slammed into the ground by Willow's mass and strength it hisses in rage at him and is powerless as she is dragged across the ground trying her hardest to pull him off but failing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone gets an AoO.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-07 at 05:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Szivar makes an attempt to tumble past the Marilith in order to strike her from the back and distract her.

Spoiler
    Show

I make a tumble check to get on the other side of the marilith and flank her. I go through her square. (DC 25 according to SRD)
    Tumble check: (1d20+20)[33]

Attack roll (no full attack, keeping up defensive fighting as before but with flanking bonus):
    (1d20+21)[39]

Damage:
    (1d6+11)[12]
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-01-07 at 08:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Saw AoO too late. Here goes:
    Attack roll:
    (1d20+19)[27]

(1d6+11)[16]

Is the tumble check still even necessary to flank her?

However I move into the appropriate direction to flank the marilith. If I need the tumble check, it should be enough.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-01-07 at 12:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

As the demonic snake woman is shoved backward, Simhadrin sees an opportunity to attack.

Spoiler
    Show

+2 for bane weapon +2 for flanking (1d20+26=43)

IC went down this morning :P

(3d6+14)[25]
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I benefit from flanking at this distance? I am in melee, but it's a long reach. If I do, add the bonus to the attack roll and let me know, please.

Attack: (1d20+22)[32]
    Damage: (2d4+13)[17]

S-o-d-a, Soda

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    how am I getting an AoO, if I'm floating out of reach?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I am controlling the movement and did specifically state that I was aiming to provoke AoOs it would probably depend on how far out of reach you were floating, but it seems reasonable if you were in close-ish. Though as I am not the DM this is pure speculation on my part...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I probably should have been clearer; Everyone who can reach it gets an AoO.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Seeing the demon's vulnerable position, Di'thuung sends his mace careening towards her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I didn't even see that,

Attack: (1d20+30)[36]
    Damage: (1d8+11)[15]+(2d6)[4]
    Last edited by Ellas Aramond; 2008-01-08 at 08:50 PM.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone's weapon manages to strikes the vulnerable back and sides of the demon as she hisses and screams in pain. It tries her very hardest to throw herself off of Willow. After several seconds of struggling she unclenches her tail from the treant and escaped his grasp. Her dark blood dribbles from her from all the places she's been wounded.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"I take it the lady does not"*deep breath*"want to dance?" Willow quips with a smirk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two more sword swings, with no power attack.
    First swing: to hit (1d20+26)[31], damage (6d6+29)[49]
    Second swing: to hit (1d20+21)[22], damage (6d6+29)[56]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap, I basically forgot the round before the AoO. Though technically the grapple happened before it all.... I'll add more appropriate actions.

Thixis focuses his mind superbly and passes through the demons magical and mental resistances with equal strength of mind. It's eyes widen slightly and jaw drops and she simply leaves herself open to attack.
    Willows powerful attack sinks deeply into her torso and the grievous pain it causes to flow through her seems to give her a dark thrill, as she's mentally willing and ready to die.
    The second blow strikes true and she lets out a howl of pain as she receives her death wish and is slashed grievously from where her tail and torso meet to her shoulder and she falls back hard from the impact of the blow. Suddenly when her breathing stops all the wounds explode with it's dark blood as her bones and muscles melt and all that leaks out smokes with black, acrid smog like nothing you've ever seen or smelt. In but an instant all that remains is a pool of red, smoking fluid, a bubbling empty sack of ragged, black flesh and six weapons.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-09 at 04:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

As she notices that the marilith's corpse is lying on the ground lifeless, Szivar relaxes her muscles throughout her whole body and starts examining the Marilith for any weapons or items that might be of use to her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search check: (1d20+5)[21]

If search checks should be done in a new initiative order here's an initiative check:
    (1d20+5)[17]

If this should be done in fight's initiative order, i'm sorry for posting out of the order

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Searching through the muck that once was a marilith, six weapons are easily found lying around it in plain sight. Three large longswords, one of which is made of higher quality than the other two and is recognizable as the one that was alight in the battle. The rest of the weapons include an axe, a spear and a scimitar. The axe appears to be made of a different metal than the rest of the black iron weaponry.
    Searching throughout the rest of the folds of rotten black skin, Szivar detects a statue of black stone, a mask featuring the face of an unholy figure, a necklace with a goat's skull on it and a human-leather pouch.
    The white stone that was floating around her head is now lying in the black goo that was her blood, still managing to shine brighter than it should.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-09 at 08:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show