New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

Szivar stares back at the devil with an impassive countenance: "I am sorry about how this has to happen.", she explain in an as indifferent tone. "This is nothing personal. It's this world itself that diminishes my ability to trust anyone. And I think I'm not the only one feeling this way.", she glances over to Willow. "After all we are sentient beings and it is experience that teaches us."
    "I think I did not yet introduce myself. I am Szivar. Also known as the Burning Heart."
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-01-21 at 06:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Simhadrin nods at Sethok and then heads down into the camp, seeking those devils who would most likely present themselves as scouts. While seeking, he keeps an ear open for any gossip/information that may prove interesting.

Spoiler
    Show

my worst stat :P

(1d20-1)[15]

Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing Simhadrin's attempts at inquiry, Skelengar decides he might as well start up some inquiry himself. After all, that's pretty much what he's there for.

Spoiler
    Show
    I manifest read thoughts, and make a gather information check.

gather information (1d20+12)[5](17)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Willow follows along after Simhadrin and Thixis, keeping his sword in hand and his senses keen for trouble.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Willow also trying to figure out what's going on? i.e. Does he need to make a Gather Information check?
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    He is pretty much focused on making sure nothing jumps out and slaughters us, so I'm thinking no.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen as you walk through the legions of devils, all wearing sigils of Mephistopheles and a majority showing some sort of symbolic flame.
    --
    Szivar watches as several diabolical arcanists inspect and cast spells over the magical weaponry and items. They inform you of their magical properties.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sending a PM to tell you what they are, Threeshades.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-26 at 10:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

After absorbing what information he could, Simhadrin finds his way back to where Sethok is.

"May I ask, Fifth Hand Sethok, what your plans are for tomorrow? he smiles, wryly "I am certain that you would shed no tears should the Maladominaar...fail...in their duties. However, I am also quite certain that Lord Bel would not be very...forgiving...were the forces under his 'watch' defeated, and parts of his realm lost to the demons. Therefore, I will ask a question. What may we, the Dictum, do to help bring about victory and further your reputation as a worthy commander?"
    He pauses a moment, allowing this to sink in. "Because if we are here merely to observe the battle and serve as referee between your forces and those of the Maladominaar, then I am...puzzled...at our presence here."
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-01-28 at 10:17 PM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Sethok gives another unnerving stare to Simhadrin and then gives him an even more unnerving smirk. "Surely you do not think we'll plow headlong into the forces of Maladominaar?" He laughs with sick, twisted glee, "Such a thing would make a tanar'ri seem subtle... Our enemies on the battlefield are the demons. Once they are dead, then we shall lend a hand to doing what the demons couldn't to Maladominaar. I won't allow myself to become the ruler of a foolish, failing army, and if you were the spawn of Baator, you would know that..." With his last retort he belches black smoke from his mouth and nostrils.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

Di'thuung

"If lord Dispater wanted a referee, then I greatly doubt that he would have sent us." The half-fiend says as he strides up to the pair. He had been listening in, and the deep frown on his face gave away that he did not like what he was hearing. "Our mission here is to aid the Serpentine Order, in whatever their plans be. No more, no less." His right hand clenches and unclenches as he says each line.

"Although," he turns to the Fifth Hand, still wearing the frown, "My companion asks a valid question. What are your plans; and what would you have my team do when the time comes?"
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

11. - Top - End - #131

Simhadrin's red eyes flash briefly with anger, and his lips purse slightly together.

"I do not know what you think, Sethok." Simhadrin says, dropping the respectful title. "You may have been foolish enough to plow headlong into the Maladominaar. Then again, you may not have been. That is why I asked of your plans.

He levels his four red eyes at the devil, and his tone grows icy."You are right about one thing, Sethok." again dropping the formal title of respect.
    "I am not a spawn of Baator, but rather a native of Gwlad gan pell prydferth A distinct difference, to be certain." he says flatly.

"Now answer the question. What do you wish we, the Infernal Dictum, to do for you."

Spoiler
    Show

gwlad gan pell prydferth = land of far beauty

it's bastardized welsh, which I'm using for the "native" tongue of people that were native to baator *before* the devils came

Also: Designation Sethok with my Dodge

Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Szivar rejoins with the group not saying anything so she doesn't interrupt the conversation, but drags the assortment of weapons from the marilith behind herself with ostentation, the Ioun stone circles around her while she holds the black mask in her free hand.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skelengar returns from his inquery.

"Pehaps a few charms or suggestions would do the trick. It would be interesting if the Maladominaar were to turn on each other once the battle is over. I would not be surprised if the Maladominaar were planning something similar. Skelengar chuckles.
    "As for my inquiries, I was unable to find out anything worthwhile, unless anyone here cares about the battle tactics of our allies and enemies. On that note, does anyone have cold iron?

Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Sethok keeps his burning gaze firmly on Simhadrin and says rather boldly, which is only appropriate for someone in his position, "I would not taunt someone with such insults, such as 'forgetting' their title on the battlefield when they command the armies of Cania... Nomad..." He snorts more black smoke from his nostrils and mouth.
    "Best mind your superiors..." He turns to the rest of the group and speaks loudly and clearly in his booming voice, "I trust you'll know a little respect!?"
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-01-30 at 07:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skelengar is not fazed. "I assure you, Fifth Hand Sethok, we know our place. I am sure it was an accident on my friend's part. Now, about the matter of turning the Malodominaar against each other once the battle is over... If you wish, I can become invisible, and plant suggestions in their key units. It would be unlikely to wipe them out, but it would certainly look bad from Lord Bel's perspective.

16. - Top - End - #136

"Being an outsider, Di'thuung speaks up, agreeing with Skelengar, " He does not know our ways. So I must apologize for his ignorance. But we should focus on important matters: What can my team do to aid your cause?"
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Willow

"Yes... how might,"*deep breath*"we help you... to serve our master?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

"This and only this... Obey my orders and follow me in this battle... There is good reason I am the Fifth Hand... For now there is little to do but wait. If you wish, you can browse the streets of Darkspine for whatever you may."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Szivar who kept herself decently in the background now steps forward. She bows to Sethok respectfully:
    "Of course we shall, Fifth Hand.", she slowly gets back up and turns to the rest of the group. Lowering her voice she speaks to them: "I know I am not good with people, but this was impressive. However you might want to know more about our newly acquired collection from that Tanar'ri."

20. - Top - End - #140

Wordlessly, Simhadrin withdraws with his companions.

Once outside, he says to Szivar "Yes, I am rather intrigued by what we acquired."
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Annoyed that he had not been granted leave execute his plan, Skelngar joins the group.

"Make this quick. I would like to buy something that will allow me to bypass spell resistance more easily."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Szivar first points to the collection of blades the Marilith was carrying. Some of them magic, while others profane but of unusual materials.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to do this one OOC because I don't know how to say +4 wounding, flaming greatsword in in-game terms:
    - +4 wounding, flaming greatsword
    - +1 keen adamantine greataxe
    - +2 shocking burst spear
    - 2 masterwork black iron greatswords
    - masterwork black iron greatscimitar
    All these are for use by a medium size character. (we don't get -2 penalties of using off-size weapons according to Krimm)

She then holds up the necklace: "These beads are removable. If you throw one of them it discharges in a fiery explosion. The sethok's arcanists said it's a quite strong version of its kind."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Necklace of fireballs type VII

Then she moves on to the black mask and the onyx statue: "The statue depicts Graz'zt. Both of these things are nonmagical though. The mask was puzzling even Sethok's most learned scholars, as to what it is supposed to depict."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Okay, I'll be off then." He dons his Crystal Mask of Dread and turns to a nearby weak looking devil. "Tell me where I can find a shop of magic items, and don't you dare try anything."

Spoiler
    Show
    intimidate check: (1d20+32)[15](47)
    Last edited by Skelengar; 2008-02-04 at 03:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

The devil which Thixis looks simply looks back looking slightly freaked out. "Uh... In town, few magic shop's'n 'ere..."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you." Skelengar heads off to a magic shop. When he gets there, he puts on his third eye of expose and tells the shopkeeper, "I'm looking for something that can allow me to overcome spell resistance more easily. Do you have anything like that?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Szivar watches as the slightly impatient psion heads off, with a mischievous smile.
    Now to what we've found in the Marilith's pouch."
    she opens the pouch revealing thousands of gold pieces, three red gemstones and a necklace with a goat skull pendant.
    "6,073 gold pieces, three blood rubies and a silver necklace."

27. - Top - End - #147

"And what of the stone, that she had around her head." Simhadrin says off-handedly as he fingers the edge on the great scimitar. "Did the arcanists have any information on that?"
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Szivar points to the Ioun Stone floating around her. "As our impatient companion already found out, this Ioun stone helps healing wounds."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

For Skelengar only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The horned devil of a shopkeep sits behind a strange desk which seems both organic and artificial, bits of both iron and flesh in it's structure. The shopkeep himself appears to be covered in patches of flesh sewn to his own flesh, skin much unlike his own. In places of eyes he has glowing white sigils in front of empty sockets which seem to allow him to see thing normal eyes can't.
    "Overcome resistance to magic?" His forked tongue licks his lips as he speaks the infernal tongue. "I may have things such as that, how much coin have you to your name?"

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Money is not an issue, but do not take that as an excuse to overcharge me."
    Last edited by Skelengar; 2008-02-11 at 08:53 AM.