Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 180 of 180
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    The cornugon crawls up the many high shelves of his shop as he searches for items which you've asked for, and finally comes back down with two small objects which he sets down on the desk in front of you; a tiny eye-ball sized orange sphere etched with runes and a bronze ring in the shape of a snake devouring it's own tail and set with a tiny red gem in the snake's eye with a tiny red sigil glowing above it. "These two might be of use to you... the stone, orbits your head like a moon and increases the level at which you..... well, you seem to manifest, don't you? And the ring simply does the task of overcoming resistance to magic. The ring costs twenty five thousand gold... and the stone is forty thousand."
    But as you're wearing the third eye of expose, you can tell that you've just been lied to.

    OOC: You guys can still talk y'know, don't let my conversation with Skelengar stop you.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TheMeanDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Ice Fields of Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    "I am not interested in using any of the weapons, but I suspect they would fetch a fair price among the soldiers of the army. They could be useful in combating the demons." Simhadrin says.

    "I must say, though, that I am disappointed at the impulsiveness of your decision, Szivar."
    Who is TheMeanDM?

    [Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.



    Head Executioner for House Kato

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    "Impulsiveness... it lays in my blood...", Szivar grins. "You haven't gotten to know me yet. Take it. I don't need it. Unfortunately I have no information on the value of these gems or the necklace, but I'm sure we can make an even share."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately for you, I know when I am being lied to. Let's try this again, and if you lie again, you will die."

    Intimidate (1d20+22)[34]
    Last edited by Skelengar; 2008-02-12 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelengar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately for you, I know when I am being lied to. Let's try this again, and if you lie again, you will die."

    Intimidate [roll0]
    He narrows his empty sockets instinctively as though there were still eyes in them. "Tell me I'm lying all you want and I may admit my lie, but threaten me in my own shop and you may regret it... The ring's twenty thousand, the stone's thirty." He clicks his claw on the desk as if impatient.


    OOC: Also tell me if this is going to slow for your tastes. Honestly, I'm making alot of this up on the spot and only have a basic layout until later on.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-02-12 at 09:47 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll take the stone."
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    He grins and holds out a claw to receive your gold, covered in patches of skin, "Excellent..."
    --
    Pretty obvious what it is, right?
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-02-13 at 07:30 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TheMeanDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Ice Fields of Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Simhadrin catches the stone as Szivar throws it.

    "Thank you. I believe that being a main combatant, as was demonstrated earlier today, that I would benefit from it." he releases the stone to fly around his head.

    "Let us go into the city and see about finding a place for these other things, then, shall we?"
    Who is TheMeanDM?

    [Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.



    Head Executioner for House Kato

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    "It was a pleasure doing business with you, in the loosest sense of the definition. I assure you that if this Ioun Stone does not do what you say it does, I will be back. Skelengar sets the stone around his head. As he leaves, he makes a mental note never to shop at this particular shop again.
    --
    It's an Orange Ioun Stone.



    Skelengar returns to the group and sees them preparing to go into the city to sell the treasures that they had hidden from him. "Did you honestly intend to keep that hidden from me and split the gold without me? I thought we were a team." He laughs. He then takes off his Third Eye and shows it to them. "Anyway, it seems I have arrived just in time. Don't do any business in this city without this. You will probably be ripped off."
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Szivar presents the two long blades on each of her hands to Simhadrin: "These aren't made for opening locks or healing either. But as I said, I don't need it. My light clothing might be telling the opposite, but in fact I am quite able to avoid injury. However I agree, let's head to town."

    As Skelengar returns Szivar greets him with a wicked grin: "I never said anything about that, my friend. I was slightly amused by your rushed disappearance. Besides, I promised you that joining us would be worth your while.", she holds up the pouch with the money: "We first need to find out the value of the stones anyway before we can evenly share. And we would have likely came across your way that time the latest."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Skelengar takes off his hood so that Szivar can see that he shares her amusement. He quickly dons his hood once again and gets back to buisness. "If you plan to have these items appraised, either have one of us do the appraisal, or make use of this Third Eye of Expose. Had it not been for this, this orange ioun stone now floating around my head woud have cost me 10,000 gp more than it should have. I won't be going back to that particular shop. The shopkeeper is probably angry about the death threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Szivar smirks. "Unless the shopkeepers here happen to belong to Sethok's forces, I would agree with you there, Master Skelengar. We needa trustable appraise."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TheMeanDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Ice Fields of Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    "Let us go find someone then." Simhadrin says, agreeing with Szivar.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

    [Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.



    Head Executioner for House Kato

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you guys know, tell me when you're all done with what have you. When you are you'll be taking off for the Blood War.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since there seems to be no one disagreeing I'd say we go out find a trustable appraiser. I would look between Sethok's men first since my trust in them grew with the weapon identification
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since there seems to be no one disagreeing I'd say we go out find a trustable appraiser. I would look between Sethok's men first since my trust in them grew with the weapon identification
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I'll just assume you go to the same guys.
    --
    You go to the group of devilish scholars and mages, one of them recognizes you and looks at you, folding his wings down over the back of his robes. "Welcome back, have you another item that needs identification?"
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Szivar bows politely but briefly: "Infact I need to have the material value of these items appraised. If you could help on that matter or otherwise point me to someone able to help, I would be thankful."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am fully capable... Simply hand me what valuables you need appraised." He holds out a red claw from under his robes.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you." Szivar opens the pouch and picks out the blood rubies, silver necklace as well as the statue and the mask to the devil. She points to the weapons:
    "Information about the value of these magical weapons would also be of use,"
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    The devil takes a small crystal lens from his robes and puts it to his eye. After several minutes of examining each item he returns them to the bag and returns them. "The statue of the putrid demon might fetch you two-thousand gold... The... mask... likely seventeen hundred. The necklace is most definitely thirteen hundred. And..." He takes the gem from his eye. "Each of the red gems are one hundred."
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, where the hell is everyone?
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been waiting for you and threeshades to finish up. I asked the same question on the ooc boards, perhaps we should continue this discussion there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TheMeanDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Ice Fields of Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    ooc: still here, just waiting for the trading to be done with :)

    Simhadrin isn't much for...commerce...
    Who is TheMeanDM?

    [Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.



    Head Executioner for House Kato

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    ((Sorry for having gone. My attention can quickly jump from one thing to the other leaving everything related to the first thing abandoned. In this case one thing is roleplaying and the other is Warhammer))

    Spoiler
    Show
    Szivar searches the devil's eyes for hints of untruth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive check: (1d20+15)[23]
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    You look into the devils eyes and strangely from a creature such as he, you don't detect any lies. It is also not likely he has lied... or he would have offered to buy them. Obviously things other than gold are on this baatezu's mind.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Again, thank you for your help." Szivar says bowing before turning around and returning to her companions.


    As Szivar returns to the party she does not wait for them to ask: "According to the scholar this statue is the most valuable, we should ex pect two thousand gold pieces for it. The mask should get us another a thousand and seven hundred, the necklace should be worth one thousand and three hundred. The blood rubies are about a hundred each."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    "That's good to know. Now I don't know about you guys, but I would like to get down to buisness as soon as possible, so I sugest we sell those, and then if anyone wants to buy something they can use my third eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, what the **** is going on? Seriously, is this campaign even still alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TheMeanDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Ice Fields of Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Well, Skel...it's just you and me now (and Krimm, of course).

    Threeshades has ditched us, as did the others.

    Which is too bad, because I was hoping to get "into" this game.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

    [Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.



    Head Executioner for House Kato

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Skelengar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Infernal Dictum IC

    Same. What do we do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

    Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

    So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •