Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 87
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    The castle walls loom overhead as you approach with the strange parchment soaking up the perspiration of your hand. The letter, plucked from the long list of jobs available on the Adventurerís Needed sign, seemed like a good ideaÖ.at the time. Though, with the guards noticing you, a lump grows in the back of your throat.

    You produce the paper, allowing the guards to read over it quickly, and are ushered to a small entry room before a large door with several intricate carvings displaying, what looks like, the anointment of a god-king. The door itself speaks for the enormity of the castle, and all of the money the king has accrued since his famous inauguration. You find a seat on a plush chair and reread the add:

    Needed Immediately!
    Adventurerís to embark on a mission of Royal Importance. Please report to Castle Emery Midday on the 3rd day of Linetti. Pays handsomely.

    Vague, but interesting. Your own thoughts of King Emery roll through your head, as well as the promise of being paid, as several other inquirers begin to enter the room (other PC's).

    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=
    Other Info: OOC Thread

    Map
    Last edited by tape_measure; 2008-01-12 at 10:10 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Trying not to appear alarmed that the guards are all getting a good look at her, and hoping none of them recognise her from some of her previous exploits, Elle tries to compose herself and looks around the small entry room...

    "I'll wager my right hand they have plenty of tasty loot-ables in this place!" she plots to herself.

    She pauses to consider the striking carvings, wondering who the god-king depicted could be, before her attention is drawn to the enormous door and the rather comfortable chair...

    Talking mostly to herself she says, "pays handsomely, eh? Yep, by the state of this place, I reckon that'd be about right!"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi Kgosi

    The guards pay little attention to Khamisi as he approaches the door, instead focusing on the large, spotted cat by his side, though his incredible height, and dark skin do warrant a stare. Calmly, without a word, he presents the paper to the guard, and walks through the door.

    As he walks in, he hears the room's current inhabitant talking to herself.

    "Perhaps, perhaps not," he says in reply to her statement. "It could be that all the wealth is tied up in this opulent waste."

    With only a single, condescending glance at the chairs, he leans up against the wall, trying to avoid looking at the prideful carving opposite him.
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    As he walks towards the guard he shows him the letter, telling the Guard "I'm here for the job." with a whimsical smile on his face.

    Now heading into the room, he sits down onto one of the chairs, placing his helmet and his quite stuffed backback next to him before he takes a look around.

    So far being distracted with the probably quite expensive carvings, it's just now that he notices what must be the other applicants.
    "Hmmm, a elf and a huge dark skinned man... and... " as his eyes move downwards from Khamisi, he cannot help but blurt out the last part "Now thats what I call a kitty!"

    As he realizes that he said the last part out loud, he stammers "Uh... I meant to say thats quite a nice pet... cat... tiger... that you have there." as he stares at Khamisi's Animal Companion.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos walks boldly up to the guards and presents his letter. The guard looks skeptically at the unkempt dwarf but Karos ignores him quite used to it. He nods his head and walks in without waiting for word to proceed.

    He enters the room at just the right time to hear the blonde human backpedal from his comment, so with a grin on his face he finds a seat.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan walks up to the guards, hands over his notice, and then continues past them, without even waiting for their approval. He observes the carvings, and can't help but think of the arrogance of King Emery envisioning himself a god.

    As he enters the room he peers around at everyone gathered. Some he recognizes. Some he has even adventured with. Others he does not know. He gives a nod, and quietly goes and takes his seat.

    This should be entertaining, at the very least. He calmly says as he sits.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi

    In response to Cosmo's surprise, Khamisi calmly looks up.

    "The word you are looking for would be 'cheetah'." he says.

    He then bends down, and gives Kwesi a scratch behind the ears. She purrs softly, closing her eyes.
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    Pipe in his mouth, hands stuck in his pockets, Fogg slowly approached the castle with a slow, leisurely saunter. At the site of the guards, the pipe travels slowly from one corner of his mouth to the other, and produces the required paper. After emptying the ashes of his pipe on the ground with a quick flick and tap, he takes the paper back, pocketing it, and proceeds into the palace. His very presence, old, worn clothes, long hair and beard both tangled and greasy, nails long and slightly yellow, seem to almost be a drain on the temple like appearance of the interior. And the smell...Well, safe to say those guards probably wrinkled their noses from behind their faceguards.

    Sitting down on last plush chair, probably instantly soiling it from the dirt of his robe, there is a small squeek as he pulls out some tobacco and begins filling the bowl of his pipe. Sitting on his shoulder, almost veiled by the length of his hair, is a brown rat that is looking nervously at the cheetah. Taking a moment from stuffing his pipe to pet the creature, he starts to speak to the others gathered, even as his eyes remain on his pipe. " 'Ello chaps. All here for the job I reckon eh? Well, wouldn't say adventurers if they only needed one now would it? Philleas Fogg is my name, magic the game, all that sort. Specialized in illusions back at the University, like half the campus of course. Fully qualified wizard I assure you. " He says, though in a bored tone, as if stuffing his pipe seems more important to him than introducing himself.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    Noticing that the southener's feline seems to be under his control, the young cleric calms down and takes a closer look at the carvings again - but just for a few secounds, then he notices a familiar face. "As well as a fully qualified drunkard. Philleas! Nice to see you here." he says, pleasantly surprised to see the wizard. "I would never have expected to see you here. How comes you are actually applying for a job?"

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas

    "A very good question, one I asked myself thoroughly on the way here, specially after those looks the guards at the front give you. However the answer is rather unavoidable I'm afraid. Simple answer is making illusions of dancing animals in the townsquare doesn't pay very well, and when the occasional strong willed person points out that it's all magic, well, having vegetables thrown at you doesn't starve a person, but it doesn't pay for booze either. So I thought it'd try some legit work."
    He explains, taking a tinderstick from a pouch at his side and striking the flame up against the arm of the chair, before putting the pipe to his lips and lighting the tobacco inside it with a couple of puffs. "What brings a cleric of the laughing rogue here though?"
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    "Oh well..." he beginns and scratches his head for a moment. "I guess you could say I am here by the will of olidammara and in a way thats the truth... I tossed a choin to ask the laughing rogue if it would be a good idea to take this job or not, and as you can see... here I am, led by the divine guidiance of the laughing one."

    Digging around in his pockets he then produces a rather shiny gold piece. "Also, this is my last piece of gold." Playing with the coin in his hand, he continues. "No idea wonder where the rest of my gold went. Sure, I remember spending the one or other piece on drinks but... Ah, anways! If this gig pays as well it said on the add, I should be just fine."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    "Hmmm, well I've always been a bit more stingier with my money to get quite that destitute..."
    He replies, the smoke from his pipe beginning to smell up the waiting area.

    "Hmmm, can't say I know any of the rest of you lot. And you with the enormously large cat with the razor sharp teeth that is currently purring like a kitten, maybe tell me whether my familiar has any need to be afraid of your...friend?" he says, as the rat gives another squeak before trying to hide in his master's hair once again.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Intrigued by the grace of the big cat, Elle had yet to look up to inspect the more recent visitors. It is plain to see that with her delicate Elven features, well kept leathers, and fine silvery hair woven into intricate braids, Elle takes no small amount of pride in her appearance. So it is that, as she stares at this ragged, dishevelled (alleged) magician, her countenance clearly tells of growing shock and dismay. And the appearence of a rat about his person is all too much apparently, for she is affected by a noticable shiver of disgust, and is forced to look away.

    Steeling herself, she looks up once more and responds: "My name is Ellenor CarnesÓr and I am pretty new here in town. I used to work in, uh... security," she pauses briefly to clear her throat, "however, I'm looking for a change, so I figured why not give adventuring a shot? The pay certainly sounds right."

    "Although the company..."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos quite enjoys seeing the delicate elf squirm at the sight of the rat. He moves his way toward the wizard and extends his hand, "The name is Karos, does the pet have a name?"
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Good day everyone. Canaan says after the exchange of conversation about the cat. I am Canaan. I have made a career of adventuring however since my last party....disbanded, let's say, I have been in need of new work. I must admit, I am looking forward to being in the service of a king, rather than wealthy merchants and other sorts.

    Canaan has an air of superiority about him, yet he interrupts the conversation as if he were the unpopular kid trying to hang out in the wrong crowd. He remains seated in his chair, back straight, however you notice he uses his hands a lot when he speaks.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    "He's a familiar, not a pet, big difference, the main one being that he can feel insulted and such. His name is Telemicus and usually he isn't such a cowardly git, but alas, animal instincts you know. Even magically bonded creatures can't seem to resist them at times." Fogg replies, smoke coming out of his mouth as he talks, shaking the extended hand with his own in a rather firm sturdy grip. This close the faint strange smell of spell components can be smelt in the mixture of body odor, sour liquor and tobacco smoke that surrounds the wizard.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos lets out a laugh at the wizard's remarks, "The other diffrence is the damned things probly smarter than me." Karos notes the firm handshake and decides that, while unconventional, Philleas is someone he will look forward to working with.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    The large, carved door creaks and moans as it slowly opens as Karos retracts his hand from the greeting. A small, elderly man steps out, dressed in stately uniform, and stands as tall as he can, his nose pointed towards the ceiling. "The Chancellor will see you." he says as pushes the door back further until you hear a *click* within the frame. Once he has secured the door, the man steps to the side and motions his hand for you all to step onto the room.

    Through the doorway, you can see a dimly lit room with a large desk postioned in the middle lit mostly by the rays of sunlight coming through large windows on the right. Seated at the desk is a human man with his head lowered as he scribbles into a large ledger book nearly the size of a dwarf. Looking about the room, from outside of it, you can see large bookshelves containig books upon books of all sizes and colors. You can see that the room hasn't been dusted for some time, and the smell of old books is strong enough to waft from the room with the door open.

    The elderly man stands tall next to the door with his arm still extend, and with a nod of his head, he calmly repaqts, "Please enter."

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan stands up and looks over the gathered group. Well gentlemen...and lady he adds with a slight bow, Let's see what fate awaits us.

    With that he pulls a bright green crystal out of his pocket, and clutching it in his left hand, heads past the enderly man and into the room. He heads straight over to the giant bookshelf and begins scanning the titles and covers. He takes a few quick glances at the man seated and scribing. He attempts to read what the man is writting.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    The Fogg Man...aka Philleas Fogg

    "Alright, time to get a job." He says quietly, getting up and repositioning his backpack before walking into the room, The embers from his pipe giving his face a fiery glow in the darkness of the room and adding to the slight sparkle in his eye at seeing all those books. Only a slight sparkle, odds are they were mostly old financial records of the kingdom.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos makes his way into the room quietly with little regard for the books. His father taught him barely enough to read and write and definitly didn't pass on a love of literature. Karos relaxes up against one of the bookshelves and runs his hand along the haft of his fathers axe for reassurance.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Still not entirely convinced about associating with such people, Elle takes a moment to gather up her things, before following at a distance into the large room to hear what might be on offer here.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    He quickly lifts his backpack on his back, takes his helm into his hand and follows the old man. While he usually would be more or less aware of his surroundings at the moment he is so busy with the thoughts racing trough his head that he doesn't pay much attention to the books or the old man. "Security? That can't be good. What if she was sent from the dictatorship? Then again, they never saw me personally, so no reason to worry I guess. Hmmm... altough they might have caught and questioned one of the rebels by now. Then they might very well be looking for me... better to stay on my toes for now." Now finally noticing the man looking at the book, he trys to refocus at the task at hand.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi Kgosi

    Khamisi walks into the room, Kwesi at his side, and it is apparent from his expression that he dislikes the stagnant smell of the books. He bends his head, pinches the bridge of his nose for a moment, and then looks up.

    Why must I do this to myself...
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Perusing the books you find strange titles such as: "Y/E - 1435" ; "Y/E 1436"; "Y/E 1437"; etc. The closer to the man you get, though, the slower he writes until he finally stops to look at you above small spectacles that were barely visible from the doorway. An salt n' pepper colored eyebrow arches, and the man sets his feather pen down lightly, "Please have a seat young man." His eyes soften slightly as he looks to group and motions for you to do the same, though, as you look around you see no chairs, or sitting furniture of the ilk.

    The returns the pen to the vial of ink on the desk and continues writing for just a moment more before laying the pen down and closing the book. With inspecting eyes, he looks each of you over carefully, arching eyebrows and squinting his nose at some of you. He takes a long swallow and leans back in his over stuffed chair, "I take it you are here for the job query that was posted, yes?" His hands come together at the finger tips as he waits only seconds for a retort before standing and turning around to the wall behind him.

    You see his hand reach for a large red book on the back bookcase, and as he tilts the book, a map lowers itself into the center of the wall. He turns back to the group and adjusts his spectacles, "As some of you may know, King Emery's kingdom is vast." He turns back to the map on the wall and points to several kingdoms that are outlines in a thinly-dashed, blue line*. "others of you may have never even heard of King Emerey and his excellent leadership skills. A shame really...." His voice trails at the end of the sentence as his finger settles on, what looks like a jungle area. "In recent weeks, there have been several reports of forrest fires popping up, seemingly for nowhere. We have inquired the locals for an explanation, in hopes of something small, like vandalism. Unfortunately, the King fears that there may be a third party of rebels that are inspiring, or even lighting the fires themselves."

    He pauses for a moment to look around at the group to make sure everyone is paying attention. "This is where you come in. The king is request that adventures...NOT the King's own....for WHATever reason....to investigate the fires." His eyes rolls quickly and you can see his obvious discontent with the matter. He manages to control his ire, though, and looks to each of you quickly, "Any questions? His beady eyes dart back forth over the top of the spectacles, almost piercing you. He stands with his weight on one hip and his lips perched together as a testament to his anxious nature.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Somewhat irritated at the Chancellor's condecending demenour, Elle quickly becomes intrigued when the map is lowered, and steps forward to take a good look. After studying it, and waiting for the man to finish, she decides to ask a question.

    Trying to appear confident and forthright, Ellenor pipes up, but her voice squeaks as she does so - betraying some slight nervousness at what might be stupid questions.

    "Rebels? Who are they, and why are they rebelling against the King's rule?"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Phil Fogg

    At the Chancellor's invitation to sit, Philleas takes no time in acccepting it, sitting cross-legged on the middle of the floor, smoking his pipe and easily looking back at the man's harsh gaze and tone with his own careless air. The professors at the University had been worse than that when he'd been late for class afterall. Listening carefully to the man's words while appearing engrossed in smoking his pipe, His thoughts muse over the words. He almost smiles at Ellenor's question, before adding his own thoughts to the conversation. "Since we are being hired for this task, instead of it going to the great King's retainers, how much assistance and help can we expect from royal sources? Moreover, what assurance do we have that, while investigating these saboteurs, that we aren't mistakenly arrested by the forces in the area as the pyros ourselves, eh?"
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos decides to let those more suited for the intellectual matters ask and answer questions, but he listens intently so as not to miss anything. He grins slightly at Ellenor question, thinking that what we would hear is definitely only the kings side of the story but decides not to say anything.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    "Chancellor. My colleagues have posed some very good question, which I am anxious to hear the responses to. Further to those, I must ask another. You mentioned a "third" party of rebels. Are there two other parties the King is already aware of?

    Canaan stood while listening to the chancellor, and only now take a seat beside Philleas. All the while, Canaan keeps his eyes firmly fixed on the chancellor, awaiting his responses.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    "Very well - of course I have heard about King Emery. And not just about his vast kingdom, his wisdom, but also about his extraordinary generosity and his refined taste in art.. - altough I should also mention, if you excuse my boldness, that not even the greatest king would be able to keep his kingdom together without solid administrative personnel.

    What I would like to ask you is the following. As you, as well as King Emery, are surely aware in your vast wisdom, this investigation might be quite dangerous, especially if there really is a group of rebels. While it is, of course, our job to take that risk I think all of us would like to know how much down payment the kingdom will pay us up front for this dangerous mission?"
    While he spoke he was making wide gestures with his hands to underline his speech and kept a straight face, trying to look as serious as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just in case I'll have to do a roll for this... not really sure if that would be diplo or bluff, so I'll just roll for both.

    Diplomacy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+8)[16]
    Bluff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff - (1d20+3)[21]
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-01-05 at 02:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •