Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 87
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi Kgosi

    "And although this may not be as important to my... associates, here, what is the area like? Is it a large wood? Is it a jungle? Is it hot, cold? Is there anything we need to be wary of?" asks Khamisi, in a way that is somehow vaguely insulting, though the overall impression is that he honestly doesn't believe he's being difficult. Also notable, is the fact that he is still standing.

    [[OOC: Sorry about that... I'll be better....]]
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Addressing the questions as they pop up:

    The chancellor looks you over carefully after you ask, Ellenor, but you can see him shake off whatever it was on his mind before he responds curtly, "If we knew who the rebels were, miss, we wouldn't bother with an 'unofficial' investigation."

    He turns to you Pilleas, as the next question comes, "First, and foremost, you are NOT a representative of the King. We will provide transportation...rather, a cart and a mule, to make travel somewhat easier on you." He moves back to his desk and begins scribbling something on a large parchment, "Please, take this," he says as he folds the parchment and seals the back with purple wax,"This should get you out of any...trouble you may get yourselves in."

    Listening toy ou speak, Canaan, the chancellor sneers slightly, "I meant that the King hopes these rebellion, in whatever capacity, is the work of some other nation or group fo people, and not his own." He mumbles something under his breath as he puts the wax and parchment away* and turns to Cosmo as he begins.

    The Chancellor chew on the words for a moment, "I think we can make some arrangements for you." As he speaks, he sits in his chair and disappears behind the desk for a moment, bent over and making a lot of noise. In a few seconds, his head pops back up from behind the desk and you can see him counting each of you, "Six. Alright." He nods to himself and bends over once more. When returns to an upright position, he brings up a small gold coffer, "This is half of each of your earnings. In fact, the coffer may produce a few extra coins to help along the way." His face contorts and shifts, but the closer you look, you can tell it's...a smile, though crude and unformed. His hands relax around the coffer for an awkward moment, and he slowly pushes it forward on the desk with a strange look of deceit in his eyes.

    Khamsi's words brings him back, and his eyebrows arch on his forehead suddenly. He turns back to the map and stands briskly. Moving quickly to the wall, he points to the area where you can see strange squiggled lines around a dot labeled Tooj-Reh. He looks back at you with the same arched eyebrows, "These lines mean a jungle terrain." Again he mumbles something under his breath as reaches for the same red book to lift the map away once more.

    Turning back to the group once more, "Now, are there any more questions, or can I return to my work?", his words dripping with sarcasm and a hint of annoyance.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Mr. Fogg

    As soon as the Lockbox is set on the desk and let go of by the Chancellor, Philleas is quickly back up on his feet and striding forward to take a hold of it, Quickly opening it up to take a look at what exactly they're looking forward to.

    A smile on his face is illuminated by his pipe's reflected glow off the numerous gold coins and he closes it, tucking it under his arm.

    "There is one other thing actually. You don't happen to have a smaller, more portable map than yonder book, do you? Can't risk getting lost you know."
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-01-10 at 01:08 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos eyes Fogg's pocketing of the payment wondering who nominated him group accountant but figures as long as he gets his share then he doesn't care who takes up that roll. He nods his agreement at the wizards request for a map. He'd wound up lost one too many times to not appreciate a clearly drawn out objective. Karos also start wondering himself who this group of rebels might be, but after a while of no constructive ideas he resigns himself to another job making another paycheck.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-01-10 at 02:19 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    His eyes followed the chancellor closely when he brought up the gold coffer and are now fixated on the coffer itself. His expression turns into a wide smile as Philleas tucks it under his arm. "Its probably full of gold... no, stuffed with gold!"
    Then he remembers that he probably should at least say something to the chancellor. His eyes still fixated on the coffer, he says "Thank you... for... considering... masses of gold... err, I meant I thank you for your wise consideration of our risks.", at least managing to snap out of it for a few secounds before he goes back to fantasize about the masses of gold again.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan watches the others go crazy over the coffer, and is certainly glad to see happieness it seems to bring them. However to Canaan, money is a means to an end. He has spent his formative years honing the powers of his mind. He is not beholden to the trappings that require money, though he does grudgenly admit his dependancy on it for food, and shelter, and at least a certain amount of clothing!

    Thank you, good Chancellor, for responding to all our questions in kind. I am confident we will be able to assist you in these matters discreetly, and efficiently.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    A look of shock, turning to puzzlement passes over her face as the Chancellor stares and then shrugs it off. "Does he recognise me? Did I say something stupid? Surely he doesn't think...?"

    She's left to ponder the possibilities for a moment, but when the gold comes out (and Philleas snatches it up), it grabs her full attention.

    "Ugh, that illusionist is vile... and that Chancellor is condesending and more than a little creepy, what am I even doing here...?" She glances breifly at the large doors they entered through, but then, slowly, turns back.

    "Though it would seem that the coin is decent, not to mention legitimate. Makes for a nice change. And staying out of the city for a time would be a smart move..."

    "Very well, let's get a map of the area and get going."

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi Kgosi

    "No, I have no more questions. Though I do wonder what it is that it's so important for you to do." says Khamisi, before turning to his companions. "Shall we be off? The sooner we leave this... tomb, the better."
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    Turning towards the rough man, Philleas smiles. "My, are you this cheerful all the time Mister ah...I don't believe I caught your name."

    Telemicus the rat takes a moment to sort've glare at the cheetah with his beady black eyes.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi

    "Khamisi Kgosi. I am merely... uncomfortable... in here.

    Kwesi stares back at Telemicus, and bares her fanges ever so slightly. Sensing this, Khamisi looks down. "Down, Kwesi."
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    The chancellor doesn't seem to even acknowledge the conversation going on a roudn him at the moment. His eyes dart about, as if looking for soemthing on the back wall. With a spark of inspiration, he turns back to the bookshelf and reaches for a book close to the red book he had been using.

    Pulling from the shelf, he flips through it quickly, until finally stopping on a page that seems outof place with the rest of teh book. he pulls forth the folded paper, and sets the dusty book down on shi desk.

    Carefully, he opens the paper, and unfolds they four part crease revealing an old map

    "Well, it's not finished yet. Shaeffer has not returned in some time pen the remaining cities, but this should do you well for now. Should you come across another cartographer, they may be able to fill in the holes left behind by that....gnome...Here, it is yours." He folds the paper again and hands it across the table towards you Philleas.

    =-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    [ooc] This where we should probably start flushing out backstories in the OOC thread/PMs. Regardless, a map is produced~![/ooc]

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    "Thank you most kindly sir. I'm sure you'll find out work on this job most satisfactory." Fog says, looking over the map, nodding in it's satisfaction that it'll do, and pocketing it. Then with a slight bow, he swivels around and begins to head out of the room with his usual slight swagger, almost wit the slight suggestion that if the group doesn't follow to closely they might see that coffer again once he turns around the next corner.

    Telemicus meanwhile has uttered a slight squeak and moves close to his master's ear, nattering all sort's of things into it about the nasty nasty giant dire kitty. Philleas of course only receives the feelings of anger, annoyance and fearful instincts.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos follows the wizard out the door wondering how everyone else will take to someone who looks like Fogg does obviously taking the lead in matters. It never matters to Karos who is in charge as long as he doesn't have to do it himself. He looks around the others he will be travelling with a shrugs to himself thinking he could probably have worse for a leader.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Only after emitting an audible "Tut!" does Elle turn and follow the others out the door.

    "Here we go then," she thinks to herself.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    As Philleas heads out of the room he follows closely behind him, so as not to let the gold get out of his sight. "Better to watch that coffer closely. Wait now... didn't Philleas specialize in illusions?" He reaches out to tap at the coffer under philleas arm with his finger.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Party Leader Fogg

    Suddenly, almost causing those such as Cosmo, Elle and Karos to bump into him, the wizard stops and turns around.

    "Oye oye, careful you lot, give a bit of space will you. Just making sure but somebody grab that letter eh? Nonofficial we may be but I'll sleep alot better at night knowing I'm not going to be charged for trespassing or some similar crime. I get enough of that just staying around the city, don't be needing it at some far savage corner of the kingdom eh?" He says before once again turning on his heel and continuing out.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan quietly follows the group out of the chancellors room, looking back at the old man one last time.
    Last edited by greenstave; 2008-01-14 at 07:06 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Heading out into the castle, you can note a few of the servants tending to what looks like a gala of some sort. That, or the king just likes to eat a roasted pgi in the middle of the day for the heck of it. the smells of breads, fruits, and various meats waft through the castle and pluck at your senses as you make your back to the gates. You can tell eyes are following you as you walk, and looking about, you can see the occasional servant who stops his/her work to ogle you.

    Outside of the castle, the sun is high in the sky, and the day seems to have shifted towards evening some. The faint sound of a hammer striking an anvil can be heard, though it is drowned out by a cart that is making its way towards the group hauled by a elderly mule. the man towing the donkey looks to be near exhaustion as he stops close to you,

    "You...the...one's...taking this...damned donkey?" The man's heavy accent is muffled by gasps for air as he wipes sweat from his brow and looks at the donkey with a begrudged face. Looking over hsi shoulder at the donkey, you can almost make out a slight, curious smile on its lips. That is, of course, IF donkeys could smile.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    "Well, if you're the one who's going to give it I'll hardly be one to look a gift-horse in the mouth...gift-mule...gift-donkey...oh bother it all. Yes, we'll be taking that, thank you very much." Philleas says to the man, sitting down on the back of the cart, setting the coffer beside him and leaning back. His rat familiar climbs down his master's arm and crawls onto the top of the money box, sniffing the air and peaking about, having half a mind to filch some small bit of the food being prepared inside.

    "So, we got the job, huzzah and congratulations all around. What say we make the first purchase with our funds a round of good meal and drink at some classy tavern and decide how we are to approach this auspicious task set upon us." the wizard says in a tone that makes it seem as if he cares very little about actually completing the task and more about spending the now recieved gold on good times.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    I am afraid I do not drink. Dulls the mind don't you know. But a good meal might be just the thing. If we are heading to a jungle filled with rebels and wild animals, I would much prefer to fill up on chicken and pig, rather than the first jungle cat to attack us.

    He looks over at Khamisi and Kwesi and with a wink continues

    I don't imagine our feline companion fancies that idea much, either.

    A sad attempt at humour, Canaan has never been one to crack jokes with ease, and those that make it out, often make others question his intent, though it is never ill. The finer nuances of social skills are often lost to him.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    "Well if our friend 'ere doesn't drink, I'll have his his share. And I guess a meal would go over well too, I haven't eaten in awhile," Karos tries to think what he ate yesterday but continues to draw a blank.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi Kgosi

    "Actually, I'm not certain what Kwesi would think of jungle cat. I've never had it myself. Though I do believe stocking up may be a good idea. says Khamisi. "Now... a more immediate problem..."

    Khamisi walks over to the donkey, and his hand snaps out and grabs the donkey by it's lower jaw, dragging it until the it's facing Khamisi.

    "Now, I know your kind. The most stubborn beasts I've met. But you... you will cooperate. You will do what I tell you to. You won't do anything along the lines of kicking any of our friends here, won't you now?

    Handle Animal - (1d20+9)[27]

    "I thought so. Very good." says Khamisi, releasing the donkey.
    Last edited by bingo_bob; 2008-01-15 at 08:41 PM.
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Still clearly feeling socially awkward, uncomfortable, Elle adjusts the longbow across her shoulder and steps forward to speak...

    "Perhaps it would be... prudent, to see just how much gold we have, before we come up with clever ways to spend it?" She says in a slightly annoying "I'm-a-bit-smarter-than-you" tone.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Phil

    "And what better way to figure out than to count it at some nice quite tavern with agreeable food." Fogg says in a definately annoying 'I'll-still-get-my-way' tone of voice. However after a moment of smiling and puffing on the remains of his pipe, he seems to relent. "Alright, alright, none of this now eh? Here, take a look for yourselves, plenty of gold for a little merry-making before hand." He says, picking Telemicus up by the scruff of his neck, an indignant squeak coming from the rat, and opening the chest to reveal roughly 900 gold coins in the coffer.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    Having listened to the in his opinion quite favorable suggestion so far, he decided to speak up now. "I could not agree more. Theres plenty to go around, time to have some fun. I could use a drink and a good meal now."

    Deciding that now would be a good time to spread some of his wisdom around, he continues "Sometimes, you work hard and then it's important to enjoy life for a while, enjoy your gains - you know what I mean." After a short pause for dramatic effect he continues "Then there are other times where you didn't really work hard, but suddenly your pokets are full of gold. And its just as important to celebrate those times! Also, it's a matter of no small importance to appease the god of luck, or we may never find ourselves in such a lucky situation again."

    He pauses again, but not for dramatic purposes this time, or so it seems - in fact he looks rather thoughtful. Then his face brightens up."By the way... could it be that I did not introduce myself? Anyways, my name is Cosmo and I'm a cleric of the laughing rogue, also known as Olidammara. Alright then - so how about we go and find ourselves a nice tavern?"
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-01-16 at 01:50 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Cosmo my new friend, that is an excellent idea.

    He looks around the group and then at Ellenor, recognizing her lacking social skills as similar to his own, he makes a partial, awkward bow and motions in front of him

    After you, good lady.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Donkey

    The burrow snaps its head back from you Khamisi like child that had been scolded too often, and with a snort and quick trot its hooves, it looks to be understanding and willing to comply with the request, though none too happy about it.

    And, if by divine force, the group sets out into the city of Vorgyth and all of its sights and sounds that lies therein. With the wagon in tow, the sounds, howeever, are a bit muted and anyone with a lick of sense regarding machinery can tell that the wheels of the wagon have long since been greased. Never the less, the motley crew of impromptu adventurer's make their way through the city towards a pillar of smoke billowing from a large chimney of an even larger older-looking home. Logic being as it is, it looked like the right track to follow. Luckily, this aged house just so happens to be an inn. Or at least, one is to believe that, what with a sign barely hanging above the road says: Lady Rathemon's Room N' Board

    Looking over the house, with a quick glance, you can see the home was once a fancy estate to Vorgyth. Those paying careful attention can see that homes around it, too, were once of great repute. But time being the bearer of delapitation, the neighborhood has fallen some.

    Before thoughts of turning away can really sink in, sounds from inside grab your attention. A muffled voice can heard saying, "Blast it all, Lizzy! That's almost a perfect pie! Why can'tcha make somethin' like dat fer me every once in awhile?!" Again, as if theg ods themselves were intervening, the smell of freshly baked toffleberry pie wafts through the cracked windows.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Disarmed by Canaan's courtesy, it occurs to Elle, as they walk to the inn, that perhaps she ought to try using some of her own good graces. "Besides," she thinks, as the waft of the pie drifts tantalizingly by, "I always as a sucker for toffleberries."

    "Well Gents, what would you all say to some pie? My treat?"

    Knowing that she can trust at least Philleas to follow, she proceeds inside without waiting for an answer and orders up the pie, a jug of beer, and a pitcher of wine.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Say 5 sp or so?

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas Fogg

    "I'll give an aye to that." He says with pleasant cheer, scooping his rat onto his shoulder, tapping the remaining ashes from his pipe and then walking into the common room of the inn with the coffer. Taking care to pick a table with enough room for them all, he begins to fill his pipe once more, lighting it with a ember carefully plucked from the common room's hearth, and then begins to physically count the gold while awaiting the other's to get comfortable and the food to arrive.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    bingo_bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Khamisi Kgosi

    "That... that is a plan I will go along with quite happily..." says Khamisi, his eyes closed to better focus on the scent. He inhales one last time, and then follows Phileas indoors.
    Last edited by bingo_bob; 2008-01-16 at 05:44 PM.
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

    Proud owner of a Gorbatar

    Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."


    Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •