Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 87 of 87
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos looks as eager as ever and the smell and promise of pie. On the way in he looks over to his druid friend and says with a large grin on his face, "So do we need to order a slice for the kitten?"
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    "Free pie? Now thats a offer I won't pass up on." He says as he follows Ellenor into the inn. Then he sits down, watching as Philleas beginns to count the gold. "Free pie and a pile of gold just for some sweet-talk to a old bureaucratic geezer... reminds me again why I've become a adventurer!" he thinks as a smile slowly forms on his face.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    After savouring the toffleberry flavour for a few moments quietly, Elle addresses the group.

    "Well gentlemen, I for one am keen to get on with the job." Gesturing to the coffer whilst she has another bite of pie, she continues. "If that's only half of our payment, then I'd very much like to see the other half. It sounds like we'll be sleeping rough, so I'd like to buy a few supplies, but I'll be ready to leave shortly. Does anyone object to leaving today?"
    Last edited by Akiata; 2008-01-23 at 06:24 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Pusing open the creaky door, the smell of toffleberries is nearly stout enough to topple even the most stalwart of dwarves. But, its a smell that brings a smile to anyone's face.

    The inside of the inn is that that one could expect from any inn you amy find these days. The high, vaulted ceiling is supported with large beams that look more like whole trees. Chandeliers dangle from the beams, each with only a few, small candles that give a warm ambience to the large room that is spread out before.

    It's fairly evident that the inn is not accustomed to visitors at this time of the day, as you can see that most of the tables have their chairs turned upside down, obviously to make it easier to clean. The only table that is set properly has a burly, short man with a burly short beard covering his chin. From this distance, you can make out what looks like a toffleberry stuck in the middle of the thick, black mess of his beard. The man looks up for a moment with a mouth full of pie, " Be wiff you in a moment", though it doesn't sound that clear, and he continues to devulge in the now half-slice of pie set before him.

    From behind a half door, you can hear the clanging of a pan and the crash of a dish before a lithe girl emerges. Her eyes light up as she spots the group, and more at the sight of the large cat next to Khamisi. She quickly runs her fingers through dark hair, and pulls it back quickly as she moves through the door and passed the man at the table. "See fhat toffleferries fue Fizzy?"

    Her eyes cut the comment in two as she finishes tying her hair back and wiping her hands across her apron that looks like it s nearly covered in flour. Ripping the apron off in one motion, she moves to a table closest to the group and begins taking the chairs down, "Afternoon. Care for a takard, or a pint, or maybe even a pitcher of water?" Her eyes dart across each of you as she manages a smile that shows the stress she carries under her eyes from years of serving. Before you can even think about helping her with the chairs, you can see she has them all set and ready for each of you. She steps back, with small smile, eagerly awaiting a command.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Philleas

    Giving a puff to his pipe as he counts gold coin after gold coin onto the table, the wizard responds to the girl. "I'll have a tankard of your finest ale." Then he turns back to his counting of the coins, before quickly raising his head again. "What am I saying. Scratch that, a bottle of one of your finer wines please. Something in a good year, maybe a halfling brand. They have a nice sweetness to them I find. Oh, and keep the toffleberry pie coming if you'd please." he says with a smile almost sweet enough to make you forget his appearance and..smell...

    A small squeaking erupts on his shoulder. "Hmm? Oh, umm, a bowl of nuts, unsalted if you would, and a small saucer of milk too. Maybe some cheese if you have it. Telly can be a bit of a pig after smelling gold."

    Continuing to count coin after coin into neat columns of ten on the table, Fogg replies to the Elf. "Hmm, leaving today? Well...I suppose we could forgo the traditional night of revelry and such. Just leave with a slight uncertainty to the step. Yes, I think that could be managed. I wouldn't mind taking a moment to stock up on necessities either. Don't want to run short on tobac mid-trip afterall."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm...can I get a concrete number on the gold coins here? Or is it definitely 150 a person?
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan enjoys his slice of pie as he watches his new friends. Philleas, the de-facto leader of the group carefully...very carefully... counting the gold coins. Everyone else eating their pie and drinking their wine.

    Excuse me my dear. Canaan says to the serving lady. A pitcher of your water would quench my thirst quite nicely he says, before turning back to the group

    I must agree that forgoeing our night of fun in favour of getting on with the mission would be a wise decision. I enjoy a good meal and a soft bed as much as the next person, but I believe you'll agree that this mission is more important than that. And I know more than one of you is looking forward to the other half of that coffer!!

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    As the waitress comes to the table Cosmo waits untill Philleas and Canaan have spoken before he orders. "Well hello there... Lizzy, isn't it? Lizzy, I'd like to order some good elven wine. Maybe something well aged if that'd be possible... oh, and if you'd feel like joining us later, feel free to do so. Perhaps you could use a little break from work?" He says, winking as he mentions the break from work, followed up by a somewhat flirtatious smile.

    As he notices the ongoing conversation about leaving he turns to the group with a look of slight confusion on his face "Ummm, what where you just talking ab.. never mind, got it - this whole burning forests business. Yeah, I'd be ok with leaving today. I'll also have to get a few supplies, but then I'd be ready."

    Then he turns to Canaan and bends a little bit forward over the table as he speaks to him with a low voice "You know, its not so much the other half of the coffer, but the "additional expenses costs" that make it worth all the hard work." smiling mischievously.
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-01-24 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Had to retype some stuff.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos continues grinning from the moment Phileas told the waitress to keep the toflleberry pies coming til well into his third or fourth slice. After his fourth slice he slows down long enough to hear the conversation around him and comments, "I'm fit to leave today." He also motion to the waitress and asks for ale, leaving the wine to the finer folks, and he also motions for another slice of pie.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-01-23 at 07:34 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan delicately finishes off his second peice of pie. Watching him eat, you can clearly tell this is a man who likes to look professional at all times. He would not allow a single crumb to fall on his attire.

    "Well everyone" he says as he puts down his fork and pushes his empty plate away "I think it's about time we hit the road. We have a long way to travel, and we aren't going to get there quickly waddling away as we will. Ugh, so much pie!"

    He takes a last sip of water, and pushes his chair out, standing. He then sits back down quickly, his face turning beet red.

    "If that's alright with everyone, of course? Perhaps there is some more planning we should do before we head out?" He darts his head, looking around the table at everyone.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Filleas Phogg

    "Hang on there a second, I think some people want to get rid of some of this wonderful gold we've just received before leaving." Fogg says, and begins to slide ten columns of gold to each person, including himself, each column containing ten coins. The rest he sweeps back into the coffer with a toffleberry stained hand and closes it. "I personally don't have anything I need, so I'll just stick around here and take care of the bill when it comes. Then when everyone's back we can all set of to fame fortune, or at the very least some more gold."
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    "Yes - I'd still have to make some purchases. Shouldn't take me more than, uh, a half hour I guess? So I'll be back shortly." He says as he gets up. "Oh and... Philleas, while I'm already out shopping, should I get you some tobacco?"

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Producing a small hankerchief, Elle delicately dabs at the corners of her mouth, now that she's finished her slice.

    "Very well, I'll grab some supplies, and meet you all back here before we set out. Shouldn't be longer than an hour."

    She gathers her things and leaves the Inn. Vaguely cognizant of the possibility of there being no gold and no Philleas when she returns, once outside she quickens her step.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elle would like to purchase: Trail rations (10), a tent, sunrods (5), and waterskins (5), which she'll put in the back of the cart. I make that to be 35 gp worth, and I went ahead and deducted 5 silver for the toffleberry - can amend if necessary.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Dr. Phil

    "Hmm? Oh yes, plum near forgot abut that with these toffleberry pies. I was nearly about to trade one addiction for another. Just a good solid brand if you would Cosmo, nothing too fancy or too cheap." He says as he pours himself another glass of wine.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatars

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos sits at the table and finishes his last piece of pie, although he considered for a while asked for another. He waits around while the others set out for supplies, always being one to favor travelling light himself. He decides to waste the time getting to know the man whose taken charge. "So..you dun this kinda work before?" he asks Phileas while small traces of what was left of the pie dribble down his chin.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    One Hour Later....

    The noon sun begins it's decent into the evening sky as the group reconvenes outside of the inn after all inside finished their respective plates and paid in full to Lizzy. The streets are a bustle with merchants and commoners milling about, and the words of a rumor is easily heard to anyone who may be paying attention; Dun Murl has been revived and the Dwarven King has returned. Obviously a big to-do for those talking about it*.

    The road awaits just beyond the Southern Gate of Vorgyth, beyond it adventure and gods know what else. Looking at the map, Tooj-reh should be no more than a three day travel, barring any interruptions** or any unforeseen events that only the road holds. The cantankerous donkey brays loudly, drawing some attention from the passers-by, signaling his intent.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    [ooc]

    DM Notes:

    * - Feel free to continue the IC chatter between Phil and Karos, I just wanted to move this along so it does go sour. Also, if anyone wishes to engage the rumors, please feel free. I don't want to railroad you into the story just yet

    **- I think I mentioned this before, butI'm unsure on the time I told you. If I haven't, or if I had mentioned a different amount, shoot me a PM or let me know in the OOC. Sorry...been awhile....

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos is very interested in the rumors of he return of the Dwarven King since he was raised without a clan and with little knowledge of dwarven society. If he hears any rumors of that nature he will strike up conversation to learn what he can.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if I need to roll a gather info but here it is anyway
    Gather Inormation:(1d20-1)[10]
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Elle will wander over to hear more tell of the Dwarf King, and listen closely to Karos' conversation.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    He rummages his many pockets, before he pulls out a package of tobacco. "By the way, heres your tobacco phil." he says as he hands the package over. "So, everbodys talking about that dwarven king... never heard about him, you've got a idea whats so special about that guy?"

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    [ooc] Since there is enough interest...if you are not intrested, please skip [/ooc]

    ......A louder voice can be heard amongst the group of gossiping, " I tell you the truth, Rimbar Steelaxe has relinquished the hold on Dun Murl! I'm coming from Sin Rael myself, and I thought the same as the rest fo you...until i saw it with my own eyes. Rimbar and a scraggly group of adventuring types have set up a encampment outide of the old gates. There are dwarves of all types migrating back to the Citadel of One."
    ......"What did the fight off? I thought the old mines were long barren and cursed?" Another voice chimes in above the rest.
    ......"From what I heard, some tpye of demon and a priest of dark powers. I never saw any of this, but most of those I spoke to all stated the same thing, 'a beast from the depths of the abyss itself.' Soemthing that started with an 'A'*"

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    [ooc, again] * - Anyone with at least 3 ranks of Know: religion/demonology can take a stab at this. Please PM results.
    Last edited by tape_measure; 2008-02-14 at 11:26 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    Once the voice is finished, Elle muses quietly to Karos as they make their way back to the group.

    "Sounds like old Rimbar has his work cut out for him. But you know what they say - while the cat's away the mice will play! This would be a lucrative time to be in the Citadel of One my friend."

    Once they've returned to the party Elle puts her hands on her hips expectantly and says, "Well? Shall we get on with this gentlemen?" as if she'd been waiting all this time.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Karos feels almost in a trance as he listens to the tale of the dwarf King, his finger lingering on his father's ax. It takes him a few moments to snap back to reality and his gives an approving grunt in response to Elle's question, not yet ready to trust his own voice.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan listens to bits of the story of the Dwarven King as he passes buy. He has spent much of his life honing his skills of the mind with a little adventuring mixed in. In all that time, he has never found himself with so much gold in his purse.

    He walks through the street vendors looking to see any goods that might be of interest to him.

    He meets up with Karos and Elle as they are heading back. "Interesting story about the king. Perhaps once we have completed our charge, we can see if the rumours are true. We may learn a lot spending some time there, especially you, Karos.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground
     
    tape_measure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ky

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    You can see Phileas get lost in a thought before turning toward your attention, " Well, I've never heard of this dwarven savior story, but there a few out there to get confused with. Dwarven History is riddled with heroes who manage godly acts. Id have to see it in person before claiming this R-I-M-B-A-R is a 'hero'." Phileas' words are slow and concise, and manage to bring a sense of reality with them that washes off the gossip. His quick fingers dig into the pouch of tobacco just obtained for him, and his pipe packed and to his lips before the words are even finished.

    Khamisi watches the exchange and only shakes his head at Phileas, "We could make that trek once her have found out what's behind these...umm..." His eye dart around quickly as he poorly tries to cover his words, "You know....problem. If these rumors are true, Rimbar may be in use of adventurers such as ourselves. That, and I'm interested to see what will become of the haunted Dun Murl. That place has been untouched for decades now...." His eyes fade away and a hand lifts to the head of Kwesi to give her an involuntary scratch. The cat's head tilts and settles into this leg and you can see the content in her eyes, too.

    Phileas puffs on teh pipe for a moment, seemingly gathering his words together, "Mayhaps we should...." His words leave a sense wanting on anyone listening; as if there was something more to them.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Canaan

    Canaan picks up on Phileas' meaning. "I agree Phileas. Let us get a move on. There will be time for tales of hero's and Dwarven kings when our job is done.

    Canaan looks at the group, waiting for someone to make the first move for the Southern Gate, and their journey.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Ellenor

    With a wry grin, Elle nimbly hops up on the cart, and makes herself comfortable. She pops her pack in the back, wraps her cloak about her, and lays her bow across her lap.

    When she is quite finished, she looks up in the general direction of Karos and Cosmo, and says with that same grin, "lead on, gents."

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Karos

    Not one for taking the lead Karos sets up on the side of the wagon and follows along as they set off on their way.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And your looking at your claws and your looking at your fangs and your thinking Your thinking to yourself I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Eye of the Sun (IC)

    Cosmo

    "Now that looks pretty comfortable... I hope you don't mind if I dump some of my stuff in here, its quite heavy." He says as he takes a loudly clanking bag out of his backpack and puts it into the cart.

    Spoiler
    Show
    All the Alcohol, the 100 ft. rope, 5 of 10 trail rations, the bedroll,the canvas and the sledge.

    As he is finished, he says "Alright then! I'm ready to go. Perhaps we should take up some marching order. You never know what we may encounter on those roads and there are plenty of rebels out there. They might confuse us with the kings troops." Then he trys to get everyone to get into their position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •