New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Cormyr (Mask Hand)

A select group of Thieves and Assassins sent to find and help the cleric/adventure Tunaster Dranik, by Drasek (your Leader and Head Cleric). You are doing this not just on a whim, but because your Head Cleric was told through a dream that the guild would find great favor with Mask (the cleric's Patron, and guilds only honnored god, whom you all serve and pray to) if they would do this. You are not to comprimise yourself, your guild, nor your God on the holy journey.

After hiring a merchant ship, you and your companions cross the Dragonmere from Westgate (where your Guild is located) to the town of Marsember, not twenty miles away from Whenneo, the town Drasek was told Dranik would be in. You finally arrive in Whenneo and after two day's of searching the local taverns and talking up the towns fold you find this on a message board on the local temple of Tyr...

To Those of Strong Arm, Keen Mind, and Curiosty, Salutations.
    See the Man in the Blue at Wyvern Watch Inn before the 23rd if you wish to hear a peculiar riddle, and willing to take a commision to uncover it's answer.

-T.D.

You now find yourself at that very Inn looking across the bar to a weathered old man in blue he doesn't seem to have noticed your group as they walked in. He seemed more intrested in making patterns with his finger on the table. You all walk up, and wait until he notices you. Eyeing you wearly he nods to the seats surrouding the area. As you all sit, the silence between you stretchs, and it soon becomes clear that the cleric will not be the one to break it.

((00C-> Ok guys, talk him down learn some stuff, and then we'll head back to your room from where we will hopefully get more fully in the excitment.))

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr (Mask Hand)

Harry Spinner

Harry stands a few inches short of 6 feet tell, with long black hair that he keeps tied back with a small piece of brown cord. His build is sturdy, but by no means muscular. His features are rather plain, and he likes to keep it that way so that he can more easily disappear into a crowd when he needs to. A small nose sits below two green eyes that are always scanning his surroundings for a mark, an escape route, or anything else that might be useful.

He wears a grey suit of leather armor, studded with black metal that has been worn so that all of the shine is gone. A longsword hangs easily at his right hip in a dark brown scabbard. On his back hangs a simple looking haversack, that sits easily on his shoulders, he barely seems to notice the weight of the thing. Tied to the backpack is a light crossbow on one side, and a case of bolts on the other. On his left forearm, a wooden buckler that shows signs of having been put to good use is tied.

Upon receiving the instructions from Drasek, Harry made a special trip into the city to make a small purchase. When he showed up at the docks, a somewhat different man than you are used to stands before you.

Gone is the long black hair, and in it's place is a smart cut mop of blond. A circlet of silver now sits on his brow and keeps the bangs out of his eyes. Those piercing green eyes still stare out of his face, but now they sit atop a bit of a large nose that shows signs of having been broken. His equipment still appears the same, but his studded leather is now a more common brown, with shining metal studs. The must notable change, however is the prominant symbol of the goddess of merchants hanging around his neck on a leather cord. At the suspicious glares he receives upon approaching the group, his hands move through what appear to be fixing of the hair, scratching various places and gear checking to any casual observer, but that identify him as one of your guild to those trained in such things.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 10 on the disguise check, 28 total.

"Oi, what're you all starin at? Let's get shoved off already."

A casual smile accompanies his greeting and he moves past the group onto the gangway. Along the way, he tells you all to call him Henry and that he is a follower of Wuakeen if anybody asks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting across from the table, Harry clears his throat and breaks the somewhat uneasy silence,

"So, we hear you've got a riddle...."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shariin Jeran

Shariin sat slouched at the side of the table keeping a sharp eye on the man in blue on the other side. He was content to let his companions do the talking for now, he'd be the first to admit that he wasn't the best man with words, but he was ready to look intimidating if the situation called for it.

Meanwhile he took in their surroundings, noting anything of interest, the exits and anyone in the bar that might be paying an interest to their little meeting.

His shield and sword were leaning against his pack on the floor next to his chair ready to be grabbed if he needed to.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

James Apollon

A man who stands a close to equal to his companion Harry, looks more of a local than a adventurer here. For his armor hiding under his white and blouse and brown overcoat. James is a quiet man, he is a bit uneasy of the city and it's shady pub. The city reminds him of his childhood in the orphanage. As he sits down he squints in pain of in wounds of his childhood. He is not at home, the noises and large amount of people, makes James uneasy. As his blue eye adapt to the lighting of the pub. James waits for one of his more charismatic companions to confront the old man.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Martin Kayclsey

Martin is a fairly tall young man, who looks more like an uninteresting mercenary than a cleric of Mask. He too wears worn studded leather amour, with a worn buckler on his arm, and the well worn hilt of what would appear to be a serviceable longsword. Appearances can be deceiving however, especially when a cleric of Mask is involved, and attached to the unassuming hilt is a blade forged of the highest grade steel by a master sword smith.

Usually graceful and lithe, Martin is obviously hampered slightly by the well stocked backpack and crossbow attached to the side. He waits patiently as Harry disappears, and remains quiet as he returns, save for an amused shake of the head and a softly muttered "Wuakeen! Interesting choice..."

At the Inn, Martin gladly dispenses with his backpack and moves his blade into a more comfortable position before sitting down. He waits for Harry to speak and then pipes up himself.

"....and we be willing to hear more about this commission to uncover its answer."
    Last edited by Ruik; 2007-12-30 at 10:09 PM.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

- I still worship you TSO

Spoiler
    Show

*wanders out whistling All Along the Watchtower cover*

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Yes. Yes, well, I do have some sort of riddle, and the means to pay for it's solution.

Pausing, the older man glances around, when he visably relaxes he continues.

Well ya see, 'bout a tenday ago, I went to the newly built Mystra Temple located just out of town, up the foot hills a ways. As Mystra is my patron, 'nd I part of 'er traveling clergy, I felt it my duty to see to the new temple 'nd my fellow priest. I was actually shocked that in all my traveling I hadn't heard the news before it was finished. I was still more suprised at the welcome I got when I arrived. As a practicing Cleric I asked to see the inner temple 'nd holy ground but they denied me my rights of being a cleric of Mystra! I showed them me holy symbol and even put on a small light show to show my athenticity, but still they refused. When I asked more forcefully they throw'd me out 'nd chased me away with arrows 'nd steel at me back. With out me goddess help they surely would have caught me and I wouldn't be here to talk to ya. I'm just wondering how me, a priest in good standing with the organization can not have heard of this church and it's high lady, Lady Arthas! I say somthing fishy is a'foot.

So what I'm asking ya is this, Can ya find me the reason for there suspicous acts? I would be in ya debt. Not to mention light in the pockets after the sum I'll offer ya. But, while your seeking this temples mysterious, I'll be seeking the closest Temple of the Lady to help with me search. But see, I'm sure to be missing somthing, go ahead, ask your questions.

Any person that is concious and within listening distance knows from the man's accent that he was either raised in the south west or by dwarves.

7. - Top - End - #7

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Martin Kayclsey

Martin leans back in his chair thoughtfully for a moment before speaking.

"You have caught my attention rightly enough, though I cannot speak for all here."

He takes a brief moment to look around the table, knowing that none had the intention of rejecting the offer. He focuses once more on Tunaster and continues.

"How much do you know about this Lady Arthas? Is she a cleric of repute, or has she simply turned up as mysteriously as this temple of hers?"
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

9. - Top - End - #9

James Apollon
    James who was been quietly listening to the old man talk his story. Has been thinking about the problem at hand and of his journey that mask trusteed to him.
    I don't speak for my companions but I will see what I can do. Just out of curiosity do you hail from the southwest
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Smiling at the adventures agreement, Dranik continues.

Yes, quiet mysterious. 'Er and 'er temple just popped up outa no wheres. If she does excist then she is to be of some power, to control the entire temple. I have been out of contact with the organization for over half a year, so... But I doubt that she could raise from unknown to a temple leader in that amount of time.

Looking around, the cleric places both hands on the table and half stands.

Aye, sir. From the coast near the pirate isle. If that's all then I'll give you your first instalement and leave you to your buffing.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry Spinner

Harry is a bit curious at some of this man's tale. He listens as his companions ask their questions and then pipes up,

"You mentioned that you were out of contact with your organisation for half a year, was there some sort of falling out? I would hate to dig into the workings of a temple to the Lady of Mysteries for the wrong reasons. Can you provide us with some sort of proof of your good faith."

Harry watches Dranik carefully, hoping something in the man's demeanor will give more insight into his intentions.

Sense Motive - (1d20+5)[8]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Aye, Sir, half a year. 'Course there was no falling out. I was just out spreading the word of the the Lady. It's not unusual for the traveling clergy not to be in touch with the main church.

Diarmuid - He seems to be in a hurry, but also is telling the truth. He seems worried, but hopeful.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry

Nodding along with the man, Harry follows up with another couple of questions.

"I suppose that sounds reasonable enough. I am versed in the doings of the church of Wuakeen, but one never can be sure how the workings of the Lady of Mysteries will be."

He offers a smile to diffuse the man's anxiety.

Bluff - (1d20+10)[11]

"I think it is highly likely we will assist you in this, as it does seem quite strange. You mentioned a sum, but did not name the figure. What would be the reward for uncovering this mystery, and how much would you be willing to part with as a token of good measure? And going along with the bargain...how would we get back in contact with you once we have the information? You seem eager to be away from this place and I would hate for us to reach an agreement we could not keep. My lady would not be pleased with such a bargain."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Yes, Yes. Well I plan on going to the Tower of Mysterey, in Saerloon. The sum I am prepared to give ya is 1,000 gold pieces now and 3,000 gold pieces once you have found the culprits behind the ladies heritics. I am fairly certain that I can be teleported back here, so I can get back here in 7 days. But If I can't it will be closer to two tendays before I return. Therefore, I am perpared to give you a letter, that marked with my arcane mark will refund you for the last three thousand. Of course you will probably have to submit to a Dicern Lies spell. I do hope that will cover your plaintives.

Pausing he looks around the table, much more at ease than when he begain. Growling in his accent he continues.

Do we have an Acord?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry

Harry does not even bother trying to hide his reaction to the sums mentioned. His eyebrows raise and his eyes widen at the prospect of 4000 gold to split amongst his group. He plays his gaze to each of the others, the obvious question on his mind. As he does so, he seemingly picks some dirt from under a nail and then wipes an invisible speck off his right collar.

[Thief Signs]"Deal or no?"[/Thief Signs]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silence

A normal looking man of no striking detail walked out from the back room hooded and clad in dark blacks and grays. Wiping of a dagger on his breeches, The man known as "Silence" resheathed the newly cleaned dagger and moved past one of the other patrons chuckling. His eyes, one black and one blue, both scan the room and take note of how many people are present as well as locations in respect to his friends.
    He ran the outer edge of his gloved thumb down his black goatee and nodded to a random patron. His frame, while not thick and hulking, was equipped for travel.
    The change jingling in his pocket felt rather light of late and Silence took note of it as he slid up behind Harry and James. Listening to the man in blue tell his story, Silence took note of a few key things.

Clerics....Mystra....New Temple....Mysteries.... then...4000 gold pieces in no hushed tone from the blue man.

From behind James and Harry came a voice like a dead body being dragged through leaves.

"I'm in."
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2008-01-02 at 08:12 PM.

Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nodding in a simple way, Turnaster slides over a folded, wax sealed paper. Beside the seal you can see a magical mark glowing through the paper itself. He sits back down and throws a coin pouch across the table landing right infront of Harry.

Hope that helps with your investagation. Mystra's Magic guide your way.

With a nod he does finally get up and walk to the back of the inn, swaggering through the disapaiting crowd and up the dimmed stairs in the corner.

((00C-> Ok guys, now you can do what you wish, or speed foward to 100 yards from the temple gates [at a time of your own device]. Whatever is you choice, decide in the OOC))

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silence

He watches the man leave and then walks along with his group. Using his peripheral vision to make sure no one is paying them any attention. The man known as Silence grabs his own throat, and leans over to his allies. Clearing his throat quietly, he attempts to speak. The sound is a little more than gravel rocks falling down a slate roof.

" Four Thousand gold for visiting a church and sniffing around? Something is amiss." He looks to them, allowing them to finish his thoughts without speaking much more.

Silence's hand slides down to his belt, as it always did when he was nervous and he relaxed, feeling the hilts of his short sword and dagger.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry

Merely nodding to his silent companion, Harry walks over the to proprietor of the establishment and asks for 2 rooms for Henry Stillwater and his companions, the group will be staying in town for a few days trying to secure some goods to bring back to Suzail.

Handing the man the necessary coin, he leads the small group upstairs to their rooms.

"Aye, there's likely something amiss here. But we wouldnt even be here if the Rogue did not have some interest. How do we want to play this one boys? Case the joint and find the best place to sneak in and check it out, or go in the front door pretending to be lookin for the Lady of Mysteries' blessings and see what Tymora has in store for us? Either way, I think we should spend a little time in the taverns and see what the public opinion is of this new temple."

Dropping off his pack near one of the beds, Harry moves towards the window to see what kind of vantage point his new headquarters affords him. He shrugs at the fairly innocuous street out front and moves away from the portal.

"Maybe a couple of you go set up a secondary shop at another inn, pretend to be some adventurers with coin to spend. People love to talk to adventurers. Maybe Shaarin, Martin, and James go do that, then hit the south and west parts of town for information. In the meantime Silence and I will go north and east. Meet back here in a few hours to swap stories and figure out how to crack this egg?"

20. - Top - End - #20

James Apollon

We should find some kinda cover once we get into the temple, but not sure what or who. Or if somethings amisted we shouldn't be caught to far in are cover

James takes a seat of a chair. The pain is shown on his face.

Hhh maybe I could use the cover of a old wizard with my back James chuckles to him self.

After Harry says to set up a second place

Well my boy's shall we get out of their hair than, we better find another Inn before the thieves come round James chuckles to himself quietly

Man I crack myself up some times
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shariin

Shariin follows the group upstairs, taking the rear and making sure they're not followed.

When they get to the room Harry leads them to he dumps his pack on the ground and lies his shield against the wall.

After James mentions his cover idea he says

"Well you're gonna need a bodyguard with a back like that in a place like the one were going to. I saw another bar on the way into town, looks like a likely sort of place to trawl for information. Called the "Orc's Axe" if I remember correctly, definately my sort of place"

Shariin grins widely, he scar on his cheek making it seem even wider.

"Lets leave these two to do what they do best then"

Shariin winks in the direction of the rogues.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ((00C-> So who's going where?))

23. - Top - End - #23

(OCC not sure about martin but Shariin, and me are going to the other side of town. And Silence and harry stay here)
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ((00C-> I take it the group of three are going to the temple. So who's going to the temple, that will be where martin goes.))

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Martin Kayclsey

Martin follows the exchange between Shariin and James closely before speaking up.

"Well bodyguard, confidant, whatever - it makes little difference. As long as Shariin and I show a little deference, we can let others draw their own conclusions. I would say it is about time for us to be moving."

So saying he stands up and begins collecting his gear.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The next day Martin, Sharrin, and James head for the temple up the hill and away from town. After walking for a little more than half and hour, they see a clearing ahead that makes a circle that ends on the otherside with the entrance to a building two stories high, with walls surrounding it and a grand entrance in the middle. Presumably this is the temple that you have heard so much about.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((00C- Make your spot checks and what not to see what you can see then from there it's up to you to wait and get the watch patrols or go for a more foward approach))

The next day Silence and Harry go about the local tavern and temples to gather information and harvest a little here and a little there. Silence sticks to intimadation while Harry chats up the local bar maids or pays off an old drunkard.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((00C- Make your gather information/intimadation checks, and I'll tell you what you have overheard/beat up/ swindled out of the crowds. ))

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry

Gather Information - (1d20+3)[19]

28. - Top - End - #28

James Apollon
    Disguise to look like a classic wizard take 20 before we left Disguise check total 24
    spot
    (1d20+6)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Martin Kayclsey

Spot - (1d20+3)[21]
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silence

THe man labeled "Silence" sat on the edge of his bed and waited for the others to leave the room on their way to their half of the plan. Tucking his own backpack and travel goods into the room, he looks over his shoulder to Harry and swallows hard, feeling his scarred neck stretch a bit as he tried to work his injured voicebox.

"Good plan. Split us up. What if they are in need of our skills? More importantly, What if someone accidentally falls into my blades in the taverns and we need our meat shields?" Silence smirked at Harry and finished storing his travel gear. He turned and checked for his weapons, then moved to the door.

(fast forward to the info gathering in the taverns.)

gather Information - (1d20+0)[2]

knowledge Local - (1d20+2)[7]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, but usually i do not post on the weekends. Sat and Sunday are usually my gone days from digital world. So i will play catch up, unless we're likei nthe middle of combat or whatever.