New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Heroes

1. - Top - End - #961
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Anti-Heroes

Happy birthday!

Great comic
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

2. - Top - End - #962
    Orc in the Playground

happy birthday dude!

And I know what you mean about dodgy mice, i had to replace mine the other day, and these new fangled wireless optical things feel realy weird...

but for those who actualy care i was quoting Inquisitor Toff (i think that was his name) from Dawn of War, but meh, it dosn't have Anti-heroes in so thats tha last i'll menton it here

and for those causing the ever growing arsenal, guns are for sissys! *hides from responding fire*
    Bearer of the purple cloak of the church of link's hat

Fan comics I read
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #963
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Jeez, be patient!

Posting the same thing over and over is NOT going to make the comic appear any faster. It will be posted when it's posted.

I know, that was an accident. My internet was being really slow at posting, and I pressed the button submit too many times. I'm trying to delete it, but it's simply not working.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Cloak View Post
    happy birthday dude!

And I know what you mean about dodgy mice, i had to replace mine the other day, and these new fangled wireless optical things feel realy weird...
    I prefer corded mice myself, I hate it when they run out of power or lose their signal (oddly console controlllers never seem to have htis problem )
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2008-02-19 at 08:35 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

5. - Top - End - #965
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's fine.

Happy birthday Zarah!
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

*snaps fingers* *several attrative women, cigars and booze apper to Zarah*

CEL-E-BRATE GOOD TIME COME ON!

Can't wait for the next comic though.

Or these little writing things you say you're going to make. They sound strange.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lionpawheart View Post
    I know, that was an accident. My internet was being really slow at posting, and I pressed the button submit too many times. I'm trying to delete it, but it's simply not working.
    Hit 'edit post.' Above the box with the post is another box that allows you to delete the post.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey, I guess I've never posted in here, so I just need to say that this is the best webcomic I've ever seen, maybe except for OoTS.

but for those who actualy care i was quoting Inquisitor Toff (i think that was his name) from Dawn of War, but meh, it dosn't have Anti-heroes in so thats tha last i'll menton it here
    Actually I think it's Inquisitor Toth, but I didn't get it. What a shame.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Zarah! Hope you go to bed like this

9. - Top - End - #969
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Alright, I think you guys can hold the spam for a little while.

Update! I have Adobe Illustrator working on this computer, but I just... can't draw with it. The mouse I'm using is just plain bad, so it takes me hours to get anything done. And even then, I'm not satisfied with it. However, I'm willing to make a proposition.

I am willing to update with a few extra tidbits of information, like writing, maybe some small drawings, or other things to help build fill out the rest of the world, or provide a little background. That kind of stuff. I'll probably do that throughout the week rather than spend all my time trying to get things looking right with this crappy mouse, so you'll at least have something to read. Besides, maybe it'll help with developing crackpot theories as well.

However, I've decided that I'll be starting tomorrow. I'm taking today off because it's my birthday (yay!). So if you could kindly not shoot me with the ever-growing arsenal in this thread, that'd be cool.

Dont get me started on crappy mouse. I bought one that was called "Speed"...dunno what was in my mind...Had to re-plug it in every time I started my computer just so it would work, and it jumped all over the place...Drawing with it almost pushed me to strangle myself with the cord...

I got a new X7 now (my precious!) and life cant be better...and my old Speed is resting in a box, as a crude reminder of what could have been my doom...

Anyway, Happy Birthday ! Take your time! We can...*twitch*...wait...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

10. - Top - End - #970
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

happy birthday!
    Help keep my dragons alive!

and the rest at
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/33306

11. - Top - End - #971
    Orc in the Playground

...Besides, maybe it'll help with developing crackpot theories as well. ...
    Guild of Crackpot Theorists, to arms! No mercy to the logical!

Oh, and happy birthday.
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Happy Birthday !!!

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Happy birthday! ^^

14. - Top - End - #974
    Dwarf in the Playground

grrr... birthday's should be made illegal.

*eyes the still heavily armed mob*

err... what I meant to say was, er... that birthdays should be illegal for anyone who doesn't appreciate your work

Happy Birthday!
    Well THAT changes the equation considerably, I haven't worked out all the math yet, but I can estimate the answer as, "You're Screwed".
    ::Bubbles by Me::

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy birthday to our favourite goat!

A little late, but better late than not at all I always say.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

It's a poor man who blames his tools! *remembers the spammo-mob* Uh ... Unless that man is named Zarah, heh heh ...

Happy birthday!

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh ... can't stop shaking ... so cold ... I'm going through Anti-Heroes withdrawal ... so very cold ...

*Curls up in corner*

*Starts shaking*

*Screams at the sight of baby goat crawling across the ceiling*

18. - Top - End - #978

Happy Birthday!

Someone get that goat a cigar! (they just love their tobacco)
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-02-20 at 01:54 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #979

Yay, birthdays!
    Happy birthday Zarah
    Im having my own Birthday in about a week (24 February, funny enough the day gender bender week is over) so i can put myself in your situation(huh?).
    Oh..and great comic by the way.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkantra View Post
    Happy Birthday!

Someone get that goat a cigar! (they just love their tobacco)
    Goats typically chew metal cans, so I'm sure they'd far prefer chewing tobacco

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Goats typically chew metal cans, so I'm sure they'd far prefer chewing tobacco
    I worked at a tourist attraction for one summer that had a goat as part of the staff. That thing was awesome, it would eat lit cigarettes out of peoples hands and at least once a day it would pick someone on staff and but their hip until they'd grab it's horns and have a pushing match.

To summarize, goats rule.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982

Quote Originally Posted by Darkantra View Post
    To summarize, goats rule.
    Excellent. You'll be spared during the revolution.

Anyway, thanks for the "happy birthday"s! And I actually do have something for you guys today. It's not really anything special, but I'm still working on a kind of side-project at the moment. I'll see if I can get that started sometime soon too. But for now, enjoy this behind the scenes look:

anti-HEROES - Behind the Evil

Okay, so we're nearing 50 issues, which really isn't that much as far as webcomics go, but hey, I can't leave you guys without anything for a week. So here's some pieces of trivia you might find interesting.

• Most of the character names are ones that I simply thought up off the top of my head, and planned on changing them shortly after. I never really got around to it, so they stuck. In fact, the only character of the main group I actually thought out beforehand was Keriss, which turned out to be a ripoff of a certain forummer. However, her original name was "Kariss", but I didn't want two characters in the same group with names that started with "ka," so I changed it a bit. And speaking of names, Aldran was originally intended to be a much different character, bearing the name "Dorian the Magnificent," but claiming that it was only "one of [his] many titles."
    • Originally, I had planned a short arc in which Aldran (then considered to me as "Dorian") would explain to the others who he was, using horribly cliched lines, such as, "I am no one, and yet I am everyone. I see all, I know all, and yet I should not exist." Over the course of the story, there would be more and more nods toward his character, but never outright saying who he was. Eventually, I would have dropped enough clues for the fans to realize that he was actually the campaign's DM in disguise. I still like this idea, but I came up with enough of a story that I could no longer use him the way I had planned, so I changed him into Aldran, and into a real character.
    • Keriss originally wasn't supposed to show up until much later in the story, when the main characters were about to arrive in Northhaven. She was also going to be a guy, but still be friends with Aldran. However, I figured I could use another female in the party, so I changed her. I also realized that I would need some conflict much earlier on before they left the ruins, since the good guys were already on the run, so I rewrote some things for her to appear earlier. Around the same time, I wanted to really screw with my fans' heads, and I believe I did quite successfully by making her Aldran's love interest. There is a detailed backstory between them, but I'll be sharing that later.
    • Kaalinor's appearance is based directly off a ghost depicted in the 3.5 Monster Manual. The only real difference is his lack of hair, and that he doesn't have a staff. Frank is similarly based off the other ghost in the same picture.
    • The ghost Frank was only supposed to appear for a few issues. The cleric dwarf would turn him, causing Kaal to freak out and attack in full swing during the confrontation. Things didn't work out exactly how I had planned it, and somehow Frank ended up as a regular, now appearing in a total of 13 issues. Writing for him and Kaal is always fun to do, anyway.
    • The "Heroes" of this campaign (Andil and Laldera) came from my first comic project that I tried making before Anti-Heroes. In fact, the party in the first issue of AH is made up entirely of the characters from that first comic, minus the original rogue, now replaced by Lana. I initially wanted them to be recurring characters, but when I wrote in Xavier's death at the hands of Aldran, I figured it might be better to deal with just two "heroes" running in fear from the bad guys. The yet-to-be-named dwarven cleric was only supposed to appear for the "ambush" arc, and he would die then. But I decided that the good-guys could use a cleric, so he left with Andil and Laldera and should be reappearing with them later on. I've yet to decide if I'll be adding any more to their little party over the course of the comic.
    • Speaking of Andil, there was supposed to be a recurring joke of people making fun of him for being an Elven Fighter. It first appeared in my original comic, but never made the transition to Anti-Heroes. I do plan on bringing it back someday.
    • For those who were wondering how Lana's breasts got bigger, Vampires get a +4 charisma bonus. So there you go.
    • To this date, Lana has only ever cast one spell, Magic Missile. Everything else she's done has either been without magic, or a Vampiric special ability. She has also yet to use many of her other abilities.
    • Since I'm sure everyone is wondering, Lana is a Rogue/Wizard, Kaalinor is a Wizard as well, Keriss is a Ranger, Andil is a Fighter, and Laldera is a Sorceress. As you probably know already, Aldran is a Cleric/Wizard, and he is indeed epic-level, but the exact details will remain hidden for now. So yes, the main party has 3 Wizards, which I never really intended at the beginning, but it somehow just... happened anyway. In fact, expect to see a lot of spellcasters as the story progresses.
    • "The Many Faces of Lana," issue #12 is to date, my favorite issue. Lana's other costumes turned out so perfectly, that I felt bad for having only used them that once, especially her "masquerade" get-up. I think it's the high-heeled boots.

That's all I can think of for now, so I hope you enjoyed it, and finally I'll leave you guys with this little tidbit. Thanks for bearing with the lack of comics.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

That's some pretty neat insight into the story, I especially think "Aldran is the DM" or more properly "Dorian the Magnificent is the DM" would have been absolutely awesome, but having an entirely self-referential world is also great, breaking the fourth wall, whilst an often humourous gimmick, loses it's sparkle in areas like that.

Also, do I spy a website in the making? That would be the second webcomic from these forums to spawn it's own dedicated site I believe, the first being Remember.

24. - Top - End - #984

Anyway, thanks for the "happy birthday"s!
    You're welcome.

Wha?
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

25. - Top - End - #985

I don't get it either
    Cool website http://www.indolents.com/news

26. - Top - End - #986
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, I'm pretty certain that the first website spinoff was Legendary. http://legendary.comicgenesis.com/

Great work Zarah! :)
    Kalen the Kobold Paladin by Sneak ; Avatar by Shirwill Jack. (Thanks!)

27. - Top - End - #987

Excellent. You'll be spared during the revolution.
    It is true my fellow ape-people! Their ability to eat anything and everything shows their superiority.

I'm perfectly fine with a lack of updates, that was interesting information, and of course the banter is always fun.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzin View Post
    I don't get it either
    Cool website http://www.indolents.com/news
    Indolents is a site Zarah occasionally rants on. It is linked to in the "i" in his sig. The prefix for the address of the tit-bit he gave us is "ah", Anti-Heroes, so it is logical to assume that there will be an Anti-Heroes site or page there. It may be the case that Zarah will even move the hosting from the current host (reachable by the "z" in his sig).

29. - Top - End - #989

Now we know a bit of what is moving around in a goats mind...
    Good update Zarah, always intresting to know some back information.

30. - Top - End - #990

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet! I love this comic, and I have been very disheartened by the recent lack of updates.

Keris Rain: Your signature worked. I had to click because I would have felt bad about letting your little hatchling die.