New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

frown Ocean & Flame I (CLOSED...=()

The two companions Ocean and Flame sat at their newest campsite just outside the small town of Harbor, next to the sea. Ocean looked into the fire fiddling with a small piece of grass. Flame lay comfortably at his side, her black pelt stirred in the wind and her big fire colored eyes were wide staring deep into the dephs of the campfire's embers. They were of course alone, with absolutely nothing to do. They had been camping in different campsites for awhile all around the outskirts of Harbor. There was simply nothing to do in these parts, no quests to be done, no interesting people to meet.

Flame looked up at Ocean even though he had no idea what she was saying she meowed, "What are we going to do with ourselves?"

Ocean decided to acknowledge the meow even attempting to understand what she was trying to tell him "Don't worry cat..." he said stroking her silky black fur.
    Last edited by XxAmplisaxX; 2008-04-21 at 11:25 AM. Reason: change of title
    Amazing avvie done by thecrimsonmage!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...77/Katrina.png
    this is my character Katarina created by: RtBt =) tyvm!!!

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)

Bored of waiting for the first person to post, al'Tayara Hastana will enter the town of Harbour, thinly disguising a bump.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Ah. I believe I was the first person. Apologies.))

Shaimric is, in that case, almost at the campsite. He canters along the shoreline on his steed, a majestic white creature, when he spots the light of the campfire.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Reconstructing the fourth wall, the venerable Warblade will leave the inn, heading down to the beach near the sea, lying down on the cool, damp sand.

Ahh, this is the life. 'Tis a shame the other races lack both the culture and the life to enjoy such moments.

al'Tayara puts up his/her spear, taking off his/her armour to greater enjoy the tranquility of the moment. S/he does not see O&F's campsite yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shaimric trots up towards the campfire, calming his horse as it gives a little whinny. As Ocean and Flame come into view, the Aasimar gives a smile.
    Hail there, good traveler, he calls out, addressing Ocean, You couldn't tell me which town I've just come to pass?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk staggers out of the nearby inn with his lute in hand. He pushes his hair out of his face and walks over to the ocean, propping his instrument against a rock. He dips his hands in the water and presses them to his face. "Oh, man..."

He doesn't seem to see the camp site or any of the others near the beach.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack Swallows walks down a path and drinks some rum. Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me!
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Ocean looks up at the new arrival standing abruptly,

You have come to pass the small town of Harbor sir. May I inquire as to your name? he addresses Shaimric

Flame still lay comfortably in her nest of sand, but at the arrival of the Aasimar she looks up uncomfortably at the horse.
    Last edited by XxAmplisaxX; 2008-01-05 at 08:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

al'Tayara looks over at Dirk, who seems drunk for some reason. S/he spits in disgust.

Why must the younger races choose to squander their lives on such things as this so called "booze"? If one is to consume alcohol, at least have the decency to not get inebriated with it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk picks up his lute and looks over at al'Tayara. "Hey! I dunno what you're on about. I am quite ebriated, thank you very much. I just happen to have a headache and wanted to get some fresh air." He strums a chord and grins. "And who are you, good sir...er...or madam...to berate strangers about their drinking habits?" He raises his eyebrows.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

From seemingly nowhere, a rather stone-faced, crimson-skinned man steps towards the fire.
    "Apparently, someone who cares about health. Do you have any idea what that stuff will do to you in the desert? Kill you faster, thats what."
    Jette Steele firmly address the drunk, and starts off towards the beach.
    "I've always wanted to test an ocean's sands - see what they felt like..."

@V: What are you talking about? EastAisa has ALWAYS been the enemy!
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-01-05 at 10:06 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

al'Tayara was out of earshot, but oh well. And Thanatos, we're not at the camp yet.

Well, to you I guess I'm just another elf in a thousand. However, if you were an elf yourserlf, or per chance a disciple of the Nine, I would be important, but as it stands. . . just another elf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk begins to tune his instrument and nods absentmindedly. "I see. Well, I'm glad I'm not a disciple of these Nine fellows, then. Then I might actually have to kneel before you to pay my respects or something like that. I'm not too good at that kind of stuff." He laughs. "I am half-elf, though. Maybe that counts for something?" He looks over towards the newcomer. "Maybe that's so, but it doesn't like we're in the desert. Besides, from my personal experience, staying in a town like this for too long without drinking is like to kill you out of boredom."
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-05 at 10:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

You're a . . . half elf?

One can see the look of disgust in al'Tayara's eyes.

'Tis a shame that you are half of that human race, or we could have been good friends. And I would not by any means demand one to kneel before. Your respect, however, I do require.

al'Tayara looks around, spotting a fire in the distance.

I doth wonder what that flame is. . . ?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"Most people are inclined to call fire 'warm' and I'm inclined to say its 'cold' here." Jette flips off-handidly and sarcastically. "Fires towards the beach anyway." he resigns himself as he makes for the fire at a brisk pace.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by XxAmplisaxX View Post
    Ocean looks up at the new arrival standing abruptly,

You have come to pass the small town of Harbor sir. May I inquire as to your name? he addresses Shaimric

Flame still lay comfortably in her nest of sand, but at the arrival of the Aasimar she looks up uncomfortably at the horse.
    I am known as Shaimric Icemeil, the Aasimar replies, proudly, as he steps up closer to the fire.

Now he's illuminated by the flames, things about his appearance should be noted. For starters, his long silvery-white hair seems to reflect much of the light. Also, thanks to his celestial bloodline, he has a handsome face, with bright eyes, strong cheekbones and a pleasant smile. As for his clothing, he's wearing a sturdy-looking metal breastplate under a flowing blue cloak, as well as matching boots with blue trim. At his side, he holds a fine shield, and in his other hand a shortsword, lowered in a manner so as not to offend.

As for his mount, it's a fine beast. Strong, white, with a deep black mane and a harsh glare.

It's currently staring down Flame. Apparently, it's not a fan of cats.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

al'Tayara notices that Dirk fell asleep half way through his/her speech, and sighs.

Is it really so hard to listen for a few minutes?

al'Tayara, curious, heads in the direction of the fire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk looks up. "Well, I kinda lost interest at the 'respect' part. Good speech, though." He grins. "Aww, don't look at me like that. I was just joking. Besides, you kinda did insult my race. Just a bit. Y'know. Not that I take it personally, though. Purebreeds are always treated better than mutts." He sighs. "Anyway, this conversation doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. I might as well check out that fire as well. I'd hate to think that I might be missing some sort of party." He laughs, hefts his lute over his shoulder, and ambles off towards the campsite, whistling.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

I apologize to you, my friend, but it doth anger me so when I see one who could have been pure, tainted with the blood of those. . . those. . . humans.

You do, however, hold my pity for being one amongst these "mutts", although I wouldn't hesitate to call most species that.

al'Tayara continues heading to the fire. Yes, s/he is a bit of an elitist snob.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hearing al'Tayara approaching, Shaimric turns to see who else has stumbled across the campsite other than himself.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"In my society, sir or madam, Hlaf-bloods such as myself and our drunken friend here are said to be "twice-blessed" Everyone has faults. Everyone has advantages." the Commander offers off-handidly without breaking stride or even looking at the Warblade in question.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The aged elf looks apalled.

Twice-Blessed? Cursed is the word I would use. Why would one ruin perfectly good elf blood with the blood of those mongrel humans?

They reach the campsite, and al'Tayara looks sheepishly around.

I apologize greatly if we are disturbing anything. Do you require us to leave?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

"Why ruin perfectly good humans with pointy ears, I say?" He rubs one of his own ears. "They look ridiculous. No offense intended, of course." He flashes a grin and flicks his hair out of his face again. "But really, why do you hate the round eared folk so? I understand most elves are aloof and cold and all that, but you seem particularly bigoted. No offense intended, once again." He smiles and stops as they reach the camp. "Well...hello everyone."
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-06 at 07:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Who are you guys?says Jack Swallows to the group bickering about half-blooded elfs and humans. Oh, and have you seen my ship? I seem to have misplaced it.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Aloof and cold you say? Bigoted you say? Disgraceful. You have shamed yourself in front of all present. It is clear that these humans have corrupted you with their ideas.
    If I only a were a priest, I could offer you some atonement for you sins.
    'Tis truely a shame when one would choose human blood over the noble elves.

al'Tayara, hoping nobody minds, will sit down, propping up his/her spear to support his/her head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Flame looks up at all of the new arrivals. After the long silence it was surprising to see so many new arrivals. She stood and shrunk back hissing fiercely. Her back was arched and her back hairs were bristling, in attempts to make herself look bigger. The biggest threat to her was the horse.

Ocean looked amused at the feline, I am Ocean Asche and my companion here is Flame. he gestured over at the frightened cat.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings to you, Ms. Asche. I trust we're not interupting anything here?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk bows deeply. "Good evening, my lady. I am the mildly famous, or at least I like to think I am, bard known as Dirk, though some prefer to call me Smiley. I trust our presence is not a burden to you and your feline companion? It is a cold night, and we would only like to share your fire." He smiles and reaches down to pet the cat while glancing back at the elf. "Corrupted? If by 'corrupted' you mean 'brought up ,' then yes. 'Tis a shame I never had an elven parental figure in my life then, I suppose. Too bad my elven father skipped out on town before I was even born. Mayhap then I wouldn't have been 'corrupted.'"
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-06 at 09:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The elf takes this comment as if it was Internet level serious business.

Perhaps. . . 'Tis truly a shame. However, we seem to have gotten off to a fairly bad start, and when that happens, it is best to start over.

The war spear blade smiles politely and says.

Greetings. My name is al'Tayara Hastana. How do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette calmly ignores the exchange between Dirk and Hastana, instead approaching Asche.
    "My name Is Jette of the Steele clan, Hasin-Gorix-Steele Tribe. I've been wandering for a long time, I was wondering if you would be kind enough to share the warmth of your fire."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me