New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)

If anyone is looking at the sky, they will notice a small, dark, winged shape fly overhead, rather quickly. It is accompanied by a small puff of wind that gently caresses the group and stirs the embers in the fire a bit. It also rustles the leaves of a nearby tree, and a beautiful elven girl steps out from the shadows. She approaches the group, running forward a few steps, then seeming to gather her wits, steps lightly and walks at a more relaxed pace. She moves like a cat, lithe and graceful, and her feet make no sound as they touch the ground. Her eyes, a strange brassy color, catch the light of the fire and glint, seemingly full of mischief, mystery, and excitement.

"Mirage, Mirage Sungazer. May I join you, please?"
    Last edited by Diva De; 2008-01-07 at 10:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow. So many people. Shaimric looks around at the various new arrivals, taking an immediate liking to the warblade.
    My... where is everybody coming from? It's rather strange, having such a variety of individuals turn up all at once...
    The paladin suspects divine intervention is to blame.

Moving up to his mount, he leads the horse away from Flame to prevent a scene, before removing some of his luggage from the horse and pulls out some dried meat from the main pack. Moving over to the fire and politely taking a seat, he begins to eat, offering his rations around to anyone who might want it.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, no ones listening to me. Hey look! a pillow! Jack Swallows points at a rock and goes to sleep.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk smiles and nods at the warblade. "Too true. Well met, al'Tayara, and may our conversations in the future be more light and fluffy as opposed to their current nature. Perhaps you would wish to discuss bunnies with me sometime?" He grins and turns at the arrival of the newcomer. "Greetings, my fair elven lady. I am known as Dirk. And I don't see why you can't join us. Unless you've got the pox, that is." He grins again. "I jest, I jest. Anyway, welcome. It seems that we've got ourselves a lovely little gathering going. All we need now is some booze and some music. At least we've got one of the two. Can't always have everything in life." He sighs dramatically, sits down on the ground and begins tuning his lute. He seems to be concentrating mainly on his instrument, but he does look up when Jack speaks and smiles. "I see our seafaring friend here appears to like alcohol even more than I do. I hope his pillow is comfortable, at the least." He then turns back to his work.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-07 at 10:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Mirage eyes the slumbering form of Jack with a mixture of curiousity and disgust. "How can he just lie there when there are obviously interesting people right in front of him? Drunken sot." She gently nudges him with her foot, then shrugs and curtsies in front of Dirk. "Charmed." Mirage makes her way around the fire, peering at everyone, seeming to study their faces. She strokes Shaimric's horse on the nose as she passes ((hopefully he's friendly)), and stops in front of Ocean. "What brings you here? Adventure? Fame? Fortune? Or nowhere else to go? I hear it's generally one of those."

((I'm gonna use a different color for text from now on - mine's a little hard to read.))
    Last edited by Diva De; 2008-01-08 at 11:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

In all honesty, the horse is rather a moody beast, and so pulls his head away, giving a whinny and a stamping of his front hooves, conveying his annoyance. Shaimric hushes him from by the fire, where he's currently boiling up a pot of thick, smooth, creamy stew.

You'll have to excuse him, he's not the most friendly of beasts... the Aasimar says, as an apology.

7. - Top - End - #37

"Not a problem at all. I get that reaction sometimes." ((Could it have something to do with the fact that she's a dragon?))
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shaimric gives a bit of a nod in reply, looking back to the stew, before bringing it off the heat and setting it down just at his feet.

It must be said that he's a decent cook. And the aroma of the food is already wafting around in the air - a delicious smell.

Would you care for some? he asks, ladling some out into a bowl.

9. - Top - End - #39

The aroma from the stew makes Mirage's mouth water. She leans over the pot to inhale deeply. "I would love some, thank you. What is in this?"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Potato, onion, cauliflower, wild mushrooms, and a little bit of cheese to give it that thickness.
    He gestures to the space beside him as he begins to spoon out a second portion for himself.
    Come, sit. I would much like to hear of who you are and how you came to be here.

11. - Top - End - #41

Mirage sits and sips carefully at the hot stew. "Me? Um, I come from a desert land, so there have never been many people around for me to meet. It gave me plenty of time to study languages, which I hope will help me now. I can speak 21! Do you speak any other languages?"

((I can provide a list if needed. I don't want to be accused of "happening" to know every language we come across.))
    Last edited by Diva De; 2008-01-08 at 12:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shaimric lifts his bowl up to his lips and takes a tentative sip, careful not to burn himself.
    Aside fro common? Celestial... though that's more a by-product of my heritage, Elven and some Sylvan. I'm not sure whether I'd actually be able to memorise any more... let along nineteen more!
    He seems genuinely astounded at how she can cope with such an array of different tongues.

13. - Top - End - #43

"Let's see, there's Common, of course. And I speak Elven, Celestial, and Sylvan too! Then there are Gnomish, Dwarven, and Halfling. Oh, and Ssamath - that's what the Drow speak. Then Minotaur, Goblin, Giant, Orcish, Ogre, and Kobold. And Undercommon, Infernal, Abyssal, Ignan, and Auran. I also speak Draconic and Aragrakh, even though it's a dead language. You can find some interesting reads in it!" Mirage counts on her fingers as she speaks, much like a child would. "Languages are what brings the world together. I think they are great. One day, I want to speak and read every language, and help others to communicate. That's the first step to peace, I think." Here she sighs, then continues sipping on her stew.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk whistles as he eavesdrops on their conversation. "Quite a lot of tongues, indeed. You've got a lot of talking to do, then!" He laughs, finishes tuning the lute, and starts to play some quiet music.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette calmly sits with his back to the fire, running his fingers through the sand, making mental notes on the differeance between beach-sand and desert-sand.
    the beach stuff was - softer, wetter, and slightly more pleasent, though, it, too would probably be an irratnat if it got into one;s boots, not to mention it wasprobably an expert at gumming up armor.

Jette's armor looks exxtraodrinarly in-place around the fire, the softer, red light illuminating previously unseen tribal designs adorning it, the most prominant of which is an eye set in a sun, under tent of two scimitars which meet at the tip.
    This same symbol is present on the small buckler he has attached to his left arm.

Upon Sungazer's claim to come from the desert, Jette's ears perk up and he leans foward.
    [Draconic]"Would you happen toknow the fate of the Hashin-Gorix-Steele Tribe?"[/Draconic]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Ocean obviously quiet and reserved zoning out into space from time to time just sat there barely talking. As for flame she would talk if she could but she really couldn't so there was really no point when no one could tell what she said even the various tonged elf. I find it interesting that we all meet here today with nothing to do Flame just purred. She was quite comfortable in her nest of sand now that the horse was quiet. But she had to stand and stretch her aching limbs so she moved to Mirage and curled up next to her.
    Amazing avvie done by thecrimsonmage!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...77/Katrina.png
    this is my character Katarina created by: RtBt =) tyvm!!!

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

17. - Top - End - #47

Mirage stroked Flame almost absentmindedly. She perked up a bit at Jette's inquiry, though the name did not immediately ring a bell.

[Draconic]"Do they serve a dragon? I know something of the wyrms of the desert, but aside from that, I hear only faint tellings."[/Draconic]

Listening to Dirk's music, Mirage pets Flame in time to the music. After a few moments, she looks towards him.

"Are there words to this? If not, may I?"

((Sneak, what's the music like? Upbeat, gentle, slow?))
    Last edited by Diva De; 2008-01-09 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

[Draconic] "I'm afraid not. We were a nomad tribe, our only needs were ours. There was no need for us to serve a dragon, in fact, there was many a time we tested our blades against one."[/Draconic]
    Jet responds simply, feeling dejected.

"Mr. Asche, correct?"
    he asks of their host. "May I ask what brings you to this part of the world?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

19. - Top - End - #49

[Draconic]"I hope only beasts of deserving nature! Not all dragons are to be slain merely because of the fact of their being!"[/Draconic] Mirage blurts this out suddenly, then visibly calms herself. [Draconic]"I apologize. I...lost someone dear to me in a raid by nomads. They were not of your tribe, however. I heard of a band of nomads attacked by a blue dragon a short time ago. Many were slain, but a few survived, including a woman named Marnel. Do you know of her?"[/Draconic]
    Last edited by Diva De; 2008-01-09 at 10:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by XxAmplisaxX View Post
    Ocean obviously quiet and reserved zoning out into space from time to time just sat there barely talking. As for flame she would talk if she could but she really couldn't so there was really no point when no one could tell what she said even the various tonged elf. I find it interesting that we all meet here today with nothing to do Flame just purred. She was quite comfortable in her nest of sand now that the horse was quiet. But she had to stand and stretch her aching limbs so she moved to Mirage and curled up next to her.
    Ah, now I wouldn't say 'nothing to do', good sir. I am headed southwards myself, to the Outlands.
    Shaimric sips up the last of his stew, now feeling much better after his already arduous trip so far.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

[Draconic] "As I'm sure you know, in such dire survival straits as the desert, "deserving" could simply be denying a tribe access to water or food. We fought only for the good of the tribe, only when we could win, and only as a last resort. Well - obviously, we resorted to violence before subjecting ourselves to Draconic Servitude. But, as alwyas, there are times when Diplomacy fails."[/Draconic] Jette explains - somewhat reluctantly - to the linguist
    [Draconic] "on to further sad news, I know not of this Marnel you speak. My tribe was sacked by human adveturers holding onto a secret of some sort that one of our Apprentice-Level Sword-dancers was unfortunate enough to gaze upon." [/Draconic]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

22. - Top - End - #52

[Draconic]"Ah, these were not your people then. The attack of which I speak was on a group of humans and elves who had formed a clan. Kindly folk, the turned away none who had need. I am sorry to hear of another attack against your people."[/Draconic]

Turning to Shaimric, Mirage bowed her head to him. "My thanks for the delicious fare." Taking the bowl, she muttered a word of magic and circled her hand above the rim. Using the firelight to look inside, she nodded, satisfied with her results, and handed the now-clean bowl back to him.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

(This doesn't feel like a silly game, or a structured game, or really even part of town, but more like a play by post. Is that what this is? Or what is the premise here so that I know where this ought be placed.)
    Last edited by Alarra; 2008-01-10 at 09:59 AM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    (This doesn't feel like a silly game, or a structured game, or really even part of town, but more like a play by post. Is that what this is? Or what is the premise here so that I know where this ought be placed.)
    (( Yeah, I think it's pretty much a PbP game. Amplisa just didn't know where to put it, I guess, so she put it in SMBG. It should probably be moved to one of the Ongoing Games sections. ))

Quote Originally Posted by DivaDe21 View Post
    ((Sneak, what's the music like? Upbeat, gentle, slow?))
    (( Soft, gentle, and fairly quiet. ))

Dirk looks up at Mirage. "No. Feel free." He smiles slightly and glances at Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by XxAmplisaxX View Post
    I find it interesting that we all meet here today with nothing to do
    "It surely must be fate. Now our only course of action is to travel together, go slay a dragon, and loot its hoard of amassed treasure. Trust me. I'm a bard, I know these things." He laughs and keeps playing.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yep, agreeing with Sneak here. Probably should be in whatever section he said. ))

al'Tayara laughs at Dirk's comments, coming out as a tad snide, though it is genuine.

Yes, and while we're at it, we should obtain a rather cheesy name for the group. Mayhaps the "Handsome Elf and Co.?" The Cloudy Night guild? The 7-in-1 guild? The Order of the Branch?

al'Tayara clearly thinks this is funny, but is, as the rules of plot demand, taking this suggest earnestly. After all, s/he is out on a journey, why not go with others? (even if they are simpering non-elven baboons. )
    Last edited by Shas aia Toriia; 2008-01-10 at 05:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Ocean laughs at all of the things being mentioned to him...

Yes, and while we're at it, we should obtain a rather cheesy name for the group. Mayhaps the "Handsome Elf and Co.?" The Cloudy Night guild? The 7-in-1 guild? The Order of the Branch?
    Handsome Elf and Co.? what kind of species of elf are you? Ive heard elves to be intellegent but not haughty

"It surely must be fate. Now our only course of action is to travel together, go slay a dragon, and loot its hoard of amassed treasure. Trust me. I'm a bard, I know these things."
    I suppose so... But since I came across Flame nothing prophetic had ever happened

Ah, now I wouldn't say 'nothing to do', good sir. I am headed southwards myself, to the Outlands.
    That sounds interesting what in the world would bring you south to the Outlands?
    Last edited by XxAmplisaxX; 2008-01-10 at 06:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oh, that was actually a reference to "On the Origin of PCs"))

al'Tayara leans against his/her spear, enjoying the odd half-human's music, even if it wasn't elven, it was still. . .mediocre.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

The music slowly wakes Jack Swallows up, who seems invunrlerble to hangovers.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Flame now seemed in a daze. Not from Mirage's petting, but from the music that seemed to echo around them. Which was strange on the account of the fact they were in a totally open area near a seashore.

Thats beautiful! she purred. Standing on all fours her whiskers twitching.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

[QUOTE=Shas'aia Toriia;3772731]
    [\QUOTE]

"Wouldn't we need a handsome elf?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me