New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)

Mirage awakens to the sound of Flame meowing in her ear. She smiles, groggy, and wipes the last vestiges of sleep from her eyes. She strokes the cat as she smoothes her hair, though she doesn't really need to. Strangely, she doesn't look like she spent the night sleeping on the ground. She releases her hair from the pins, and it falls in cascading, chocolate waves down her back to her waist. Pulling back the sides so her face can be free, she smiles at her companions as she stretches. "Good morning. Anyone for tea?" Mirage stuffs her bedroll into her pouch, then immediately pulls out a tea kettle, a bag of leaves, sugar, honey, and a lemon. She also pulls out a canteen and pours this into the tea kettle, then sets it by the remains of the previous night's fire. Frowning, she looks at the ashes. She turns her back to the group so they cannot see what she is doing, and suddenly the fire springs back to life. Humming softly, she walks away, hips swaying. She leans against the tree al'Tayara slept in and gazes out at the sea, breathing deeply to take in the fresh sea breeze. She smiles and greets Jack and Dirk with a light kiss on the cheek.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

When Jette awakens, he sits by the fire in solmn meditation. As Mirage rises and offers tea, he nods his assent, and continues such meditations.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Tea? I guess I'll have some.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

It may be noted that Shaimric isn't around camp at the moment, though his horse is still there, huddled up and sleeping.

In the morning light, they may be able to see the figure of Shaimric along the beach a little way, facing out to sea and knelt on one knee, head down.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

5. - Top - End - #95

Mirage studies the kneeling form of Shaimric for a few moments until the tea kettle starts to whistle. Hurrying over to it, she pulls some large mugs from her pouch. She lifts the tea kettle from the fire, seemingly unaffected by the flames and extreme heat and begins pouring cups. She hands one to Jette and one to Jack, then pours one for herself, placing the kettle near the fire should someone else decide they want some. She adds liberal amounts of honey and sugar to hers, and smiles as she deeply inhales the aroma.

((The others might notice she takes delight in simple things, like a small child experiencing them for the first time.))
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk smiles weakly and greets everyone that's around. He declines the offer of tea, sits down on a smooth looking rock and puts a hand to his forehead with a groan. "That was a bad idea." He shakes his head and raises his eyes, looking out across the horizon.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-15 at 12:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

It doesn't take Shaimric long to notice people are finally up and about, and so he returns from the shore, stepping along gracefully and seeming peaceful.

Good morning, everyone. How did we all sleep? he asks politely as he takes a seat on his bedroll and faces in towards the fire.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk turns. "Not well. I guess I'll never learn that staying up for a few more hours to play and drink is a bad idea." He smiles ruefully and rubs his eyes.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, you should have stayed here with the rest of us. You wouldn't have been lured into drinking so much then, would you?
    Shaimric gives a small, light-hearted chuckle as he watches the flames of the fire.
    Not that I drink very often myself.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette takes the tea and takes a long, slow sip.
    "Thank you, Mirage." he says, finally coming out of his meditations.
    "I hope you slept well?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

al'Tayara returns with several rabbits and berries, dropping them by the fire while s/he begins to skin them. They should be fully cooked within the hour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

You stayed up to drink? I should have done that. Jack looks through his pockets and brings out a rum bottle. Everlasting rum, It refills itself, anyone want some?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

13. - Top - End - #103

Mirage shakes her head and declines Jack's offer. "Not at the moment, thank you." She glances towards Jette through dark lashes when he asks how she slept. "My dreams were...not comforting. They rarely are recently. I wonder if it's just bad memories or an omen of things to come." Mirage realizes she is brooding and shakes it off with a smile. She turns to Dirk and says, "I know an old method of relieving headaches through massage...may I?"
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Swallos looks at his tea and decides to drink it.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, you're probably right. And Jack, trust me—you're glad you didn't. Thanks for the offer of rum, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass one that. For now. There's always tomorrow, though." Dirk laughs and turns to Mirage. He grins weakly again. "Oh, sure. I'm all for letting pretty girls touch me."
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-16 at 10:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

al'Tayara finishes cooking the wild rabbits, stuffs them with the berries, and gives a small portion to everybody, atop a large wet leaf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shaimric takes his rabbit with a polite nod of thanks to al'Tayara, and begins to eat.

His mount, now noticing the presence of people awakening, gets up onto her feet shakily, giving a soft yet clearly irritated whinny.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette takes his berry-filled rabbit with a muttered "Thank you" in Elvish before he begins consumption, alternating methodically shewed mouth fulls with long, slow sips of tea.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Swallows eats his portion of the rabit and takes some of the berries out for later.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

20. - Top - End - #110

Mirage gladly accepts her portion and sets it to the side for a moment. She steps over to Dirk kneels in front of him. "This works just as well from behind, but I prefer to look at you while I'm doing it." Her words are said in total innocence, but still sound suggestive. Mirage reaches up and gently places her fingers on Dirk's temples. Staring into his eyes, she smiles softly and begins rubbing in a circular motion. "Tell me how that feels."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I can understand that." He grins and closes his eyes. "That feels...nice." He pauses for a moment and then speaks again. Well, nicer, anyway. I still do have a pounding headache, although I must admit that there is rather less of a pounding feeling involved now and more of a slightly uncomfortable but undeniably gentler tapping feeling." He chuckles slightly and then falls silent again.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette calmly finished his rabbit and berries, and perhps to the surprise of some of the others, consumed the leaf it was served on as well, before turning to the one who called himself "Dirk".

"So, if you can find the time to talk through your idiocy-induced headache, Mr. Bard, whats the next step in the Grand Adeventure?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Shaimric sits and eats, he takes the time to regard his companions. Ocean seemed a very pleasant person, allowing them all to camp out, but in search of something more than just a quiet life near Harbor. Then there is Dirk -Shaimric certainly hasn't taken an immediate liking ho him, not most for his general, less respectful demeanor. Not like al'Tayara. Shaimric has a great deal of respect for the elf already, along with Jette... though the latter seems to have an arrogance about him - a spitefulness. Not that it can't be expected from the highborn. That Swallows fellow... Shaimric hasn't had much to do with him, but has still noticed his happy-go-lucky attitude. And finally, Mirage, a lovely woman - helpful, kind, talkative, and of course, the great linguist.

He relaxes back, ruminating, as he munches on his rabbit.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    Not like al'Tayara. Shaimric has a great deal of respect for the elf already, along with Jette... though the latter seems to have an arrogance about him - a spitefulness. Not that it can't be expected from the highborn.
    ((Good to see at least the character concept is coming through. ))

al'Tayara begins taking in the peaceful tranquility of the fire, the multitude of patters it takes, but the simaltaneous destruction it can cause.

((But can we start up a plot now? It would appear as though we've done a whole lot of nothing so far))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk's eyes snap open when he hears Jette speaking to him. "You say 'idiocy' almost like it's a bad thing." He laughs again. "Anyway, as for our grand quest...well, I haven't got much. I must admit, I do not spend the majority of my time looking for adventure, so I'm not exactly up-to-date on this town's current evil creature status. I'm sure something will crop up, though. Maybe an ogre or too." He smiles. "They always do. My Bard's Handbook says that you should always look for work in taverns or inns, and I would suggest that we go back to that tavern in town and ask around a bit to see if we can find anything, but I do believe the bartender has taken an irrational dislike to me. I told him I would pay for my drink with the gift of music, but didn't seem to be very appreciative of the arts." He sighs dramatically. "I guess you can't always please everyone all the time." He pauses for a moment. "Anyone else have any ideas? I'm all ears. Well, actually, very little of me is ears, but the ears I do have work fairly well."
    Last edited by Sneak; 2008-01-19 at 10:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Flame appears to have taken a liking for all of them. Jette seemed pretty down to earth. A likeable fellow. al'Tayara was interesting, very wise and independant. But Flame was a bit touchy about his prejudices. Shaimric was nice, she enjoyed his company very much. He was a bit strange and she didnt like his horse at all. She liked Jack Swallows very well. Maybe it was the fact that he was the only one in the group that made her like him so much, but everyone seemed to think he was drunk and talking to himself. She had always been very close to Ocean but that was a no-brainer since he had cared for her since she was just a kitten. Flame enjoyed Dirk's music and he was likable but a bit distant from everyone else. Mirage was different from all of them. Flame really cared for Mirage. She was lovely and kind and sweet. But also Flame sensed that she was different in another way that seperated her from the rest of them. Flame just couldnt understand what it was that made her different. Flame padded over to al'Tayara taking a bite out of the rabbit. This rabbit is delicious! she meowed then padding over to Jack and sitting next to him. Good Morning! she cheerfully purred.

Meanwhile Ocean became aware that Flame was growing restless. Meowing and eating other's food instead of the mouse she caught for herself. When shall we set off? he asked watching Flame and she moved to lay in Shaimric's lap but staring at Jack as if she expected him to reply to her meow
    Amazing avvie done by thecrimsonmage!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...77/Katrina.png
    this is my character Katarina created by: RtBt =) tyvm!!!

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hello Flame. How was your night? Do you want any berries? I still have some left over.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette smiles and takes to his feet, checking the scimitars on each hip and jutting over his shoulders before flexing his elbow.
    This last act caused a short, curved blade to spring out into a fighting-ready position.
    "My gear is good and the sands are lain before my feet. Lets get a move on, break camp, people!"
    With this declaration (apparently in response to Ocean), he slides the elbow blade back into its concealed location and makes to clear the area for signs of their prescene, paying special atteention to any discarded food, where he burns to unusable or probably contaminated bits, and stores non-perishables in a bag at his waist which has been designed to blend into his armor.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

We're getting on the move, are we? Shaimric queries, standing and beginning to put his luggage up onto his mount, are we headed anywhere specific? Or just setting off in whichever direction and seeing what we come across?

The idea of some sort of adventure holds no particular merit to Shaimric, but he might as well tag along, even if he was intending to head southwards. He thinks he could use a little more experience in fighting before going to the Outlands and helping repel the orcish and goblin invaders.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess we have to get going. Swallows stands up and puts a couple rocks in his pocket. Anyone have a jar?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.