New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    Oh, hello Flame. How was your night? Do you want any berries? I still have some left over.
    Flame begins to purr very well thankyou... she grimaces at the berries and looks at the rocks Whats with the rocks?

We're getting on the move, are we? Shaimric queries, standing and beginning to put his luggage up onto his mount, are we headed anywhere specific? Or just setting off in whichever direction and seeing what we come across?
    Ocean moves towards Shaimric I think we should get a map from someone in town, of course unless someone already has a map? Mine is quite out of date He looks at Flame worry in his eyes. He looks up at Jack
    Amazing avvie done by thecrimsonmage!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...77/Katrina.png
    this is my character Katarina created by: RtBt =) tyvm!!!

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think I'd have travelled this far without a map, Shaimric replies, patting a pocket on his pack, which is currently sat on his horse.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

I had an Idea... If I got a jar, filled it with berries, and put some small rocks in there, the rocks would squash the berries while we walk making some jam. I've never actually tried it, but it should work.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    I had an Idea... If I got a jar, filled it with berries, and put some small rocks in there, the rocks would squash the berries while we walk making some jam. I've never actually tried it, but it should work.
    Flame even though she didn't like anything with berrys replied I guess if you like rock flavored berries. she padded over to Shaimric and made a figure 8 around his legs several times before settling down between them.

I guess we should get one I will do it. Will someone here watch Flame? She seems to be acting strange he looks at Jack dismissively knowing that Flame will be well occupied "talking" to Flame

Spoiler
    Show

Mmm-hmmm. Oh, so typical. Ooo, I'm a man. Ooo, I have a peni$. Ooo, I have to win money to exert my power over women.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just joking, I never really liked Berries, I was going to use the jar and berries and rocks to throw at things that get in my way.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mirage smiled and stood from where she had been kneeling in front of Dirk. She stretched and looked around, watching her companions as they discussed what to do next. She wasn't quite sure what to make of her companions yet, though they were a curious bunch. Ocean seemed to exude a gentle kindness. Flame was, well...Flame. Jette seemed like many of the desert people she had met - harsh, as was needed to survive, but with a softer edge that displayed a good heart underneath. al'Tayara was haughty and proud, but that was a trait of his upbringing, and not altogether bad. Jack was...well, she wasn't sure what to make of Jack yet. Shaimric seemed to pour goodness from his very pores, and she liked him immediately. And Dirk was...a bard, through and through. He probably womanizes with the best of them, leaving a trail of broken hearts and weeping ladies everywhere he's been. Mirage was startled at her own bitterness in her thoughts, and was a bit disturbed that she should feel so strongly about it. She also felt a slight tugging sensation, unlike anything she had felt before... Forcing the feeling down, she decided to explore it later, when there was time.

((I'm all for moving forward - just tell me when.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk smirks at Jack's comment to Flame. "No offense, but who are you talking to? Talking to yourself is a time honored tradition of crazy and who am I to mess with it, but it seems like you actually think you're talking to someone else. Just curious, is all. And as for the berries, well...I'm not really sure how effective throwing berries at an orc would be, as I don't know many berry allergic orcs...but then again, I don't know many orcs at all, either. They often tend to be more interested in eating me than conversing." He shrugs with another smile. "Well. Do we have any idea where it is we're actually going, or shall we just wonder around a bit in the vain hope of some deity taking pity on our poor lost souls and giving us a little push in the right direction? Because if it's the latter, I must warn you, I don't think most deities are altogether too fond of me."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh I'm talking to... Jack stopped, talking to a cat would be more crazy then talking to yourself. I'm practicing my improvison skills for Diplomacy, who knows what the Ork would do for a berry?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you want your own map, Ocean, then by all means get going - I'll look after Flame here.
    Shaimric looks down with a smile at the cat as she weaves between his legs, before attempting to pick her up and move her away from his horse, who is watching Flame with a look of annoyance.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Flame looked angrily at the horse. She hissed under her breath, you stupid beast she lashed her tail angrily and curled up in Jack's lap for the time being.

((everyone read this part... its significant))

Ocean nodded his thanks to Shaimric and went towards the town. The sun was nearly to the center of the sky and he knew it would be in everyone's best interest if he got back before noon. He went into the square searching for the store. He spotted it quickly, Harbor's square being a small area as well as the entire town. He walked over to the store and quickly moved inside. He went over to the store assistant. She looked up at him Can I help you? she asked in a soft voice. Ocean cleared his throatyeah i uh... need a map the store assistant nodded oh thats easy... She went behind the counter and looked around. She stood back up well thats odd... she said furrowing her brow. what? it seems... that we ran out... I bet we have more in the back come on. she said. Ocean thought this strange because store owners or assistants usually didn't take customers to the back. Ocean shrugged dismissively she was probably just new to the job. She walked over to a stack of crates and blew the dust off of the top of one of them and read on the top of it. It written in scraggly ink read MAPS. She attempted to pry it open without much luck. Ocean stifled a laugh and opened it for her thanks she said in her abnormally soft voice. She looked through the box. There was one map left down at the bottom. aha! she exclaimed excitedly. great Ocean said sharing her enthusiasm so how much do I owe? Its cool Ill cover it. I need to remind my father to order some more maps So... your father is the store owner? Ocean said realizing it was a very stupid thing to say. The assistant giggled yeah my name is Maria Jameston She looked around at the crates to make sure there were not new deliveries or something of that sort. Ocean was preoccupied looking at one specific crate. He looked at Maria to make sure she wasn't watching him and opened the crate. It had a small box in it. Curious he picked out the small silver and gold box with a large diamond in the center and buried it in the inside pocket of his cloak. Ocean wasn't usually one to steal, but it was suspicious seeing as this object was much more valuable than the store itself. Why would Mr. Jameston buy something so valuable when he could've rebuilt the store and made it nicer and bigger. Maria turned back to Ocean who had hurriedly closed the crate door before she could see him. yep that was definitely the last one. here you go! she handed him the map. are you sure you don't want me to pay for this? Maria shook her headits fine sir... we can put up with a few losses now go. Ocean nodded and quickly made his way out of the store. He breathed a sigh of relief when he finally got out of Harbor. He pulled out the box and looked at it curiously. There was an elven inscription on the top but he couldn't read nor understand elven. He was sure Mirage or al'Tayara could tell him. He shouted a greeting as he reached the campsite.

al'Tayara or Mirage
    Spoiler
    Show
    The writing in elven on the box reads: One of seven shall live in the shadow of the rising sun.

Flame looked up and meowed happily, welcome back!
    she padded over to her friend and circled his leg looking up at the box curiously. Ocean patted Flame's head fondly and went over to the fire and sat down looking for a place to open it. guys come here and look at this.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Dirk glances up. "Well, now." He walks up to Ocean and peers at the ornate box. He whistles. "That looks to be worth a tidy fortune." His eyes gleam. "I wonder what's inside."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

((Cause I can, al'Tayara will no longer be andrgoynous. She is now a woman.))

al'Tayara finishes packing up her gear, explaining to whoever had the jam that to make a proper jam, sugar would be needed, and a lot more berries.

al'Tayara sees Ocean enter the camp.

What's that? More importantly, why would you own such a crude box? I don't get it. If you humans are going to make something, make it right.

al'Tayara sees the writing on the [box? map?] and mutters under her breath

One of seven shall live in the shadow of the rising sun.

In elven, then repeats it in Common so everybody else understands.

At least you had good choice in language.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Ocean looks at al'Tayara bewildered are you sure thats what it says?

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

"No, she somehow must've misread something written in her own native tongue that she has probably spoken for a span of time longer than both of our life spans put together." He rolls his eyes. "This is clearly a prophecy of some sort that'll end up being related to our quest. I'm a bard, we knows these things. Oh, and by the way, I call one of the seven not living in the shadow of the rising sun."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

al'Tayara is about to something, but Dirk talks first.

That is precisely my point! Disgraceful, doubting my ability to read my own native tongue. . .

al'Tayara is livid with rage, and she's practically quivering wtih [is impotence the right word?]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe there are seven Dwarves?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

"Living in "The shadow of the Sun" can't be all bad, can it?" Jette asks no-one in particular in Elvish as he finishes clearing up the camp and killing the fire.
    "Alright, camp is broken! Lazy jerks who didn't help me. Lets head out!"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

18. - Top - End - #138

Mirage shudders a little at the ominous-sounding words. "In the shadow of the sun? Perpetual darkness? How awful." She quickly gets over the creepy feeling it gives her and flashes a dazzling smile at her companions. "Let's move!"
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shaimric ponders over the prophecy in the box before he mounts up.
    Actually, there's no point in my riding, if none of the rest of you have a steed to travel on. I could take some of your packs to put on Whisper instead, and walk with you.
    It seems a good idea that they should utilise his mount, though Whisper is not so keen to be a packhorse. Nonetheless, Shaimric drops back off and offers to put any of the heavier luggage on the horse before they finally go on their way.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Jette laughs heartily.
    "You all carry way too much stuff!" He proclaims aloud as he takes a sip from his (also disguised) waterskin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I do have a complete mental inventory of Jette's possesions. They are:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bag of Holding
    Belt Pouch
    Ring of Sustinance
    Water Skin
    Decanter of Endless Water
    Elbow Blade
    4 x Scimitars
    Buckler
    2 days trails rations
    2 trails bars
    Food scraps from around camp
    Studded Leather Armor

I haven't, however, decided magic levels on blades and armor, yet.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I was intending for my journey to be something more than a daytrip, hence why I bought such a lot with me... so I have my reasons.
    Shaimric replies in a gentle, light-hearted manner, with not even a hint of spite.
    Last edited by Baeleck; 2008-01-22 at 02:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Thank you for the offer, Shaimric. But I carry all I need in here." Mirage indicates the pouch she wears at her hip, which looks like a coin pouch. But the group has watched her pull a tea kettle and bedroll out of it, among other things, and then seen them replaced.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Question Re: Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)

al'Tayara is thankful for the offer.

Thank you very much, Sir. . . Shaimric, was it?

al'Tarara will put her bags on the packhorse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Ocean feeling a bit put down ((sorry i couldn't resist putting that in there lets just say thats his facial expression right at the moment)). He was always one to make sure everything was in correct order. Living in Harbor all those years among people who were used to his, "Are your sure" attitude were all fine with it. So he was confused. Flame looked up at Ocean with her beautiful eyes. Ocean could detect a hint of sympathy in those eyes. He shook it off.

Flame padded over to Jack's side, ((gasp my colors aren't working ill just use quotes sorry for the inconvenience)) "So do you know any of them?" she meowed.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Any of who? I think I figured it out, in the shadow of the sun, it means one of the seven are dead. And in that box must be a soul or something from one of the seven?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

26. - Top - End - #146

((I forgot I have Communicate with Animals at will as a racial trait - ooops. 'Sok, Jack can have the kitty all to himself. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Ocean & Flame I (mods could you move this to structured games plz?)

((its cool... HEY!!! my colors are working again! im so happY!!!... anyway diva... it could be a language you are working on you just havent practiced much with it yet))

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

((Sounds good to me. Hey, where are my adventuring buddies? No one seems to be posting - did I scare them off? ))
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC> I'm here, just waiting for Amplisa to kick the plot into a "foward" motion.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    OOC> I'm here, just waiting for Amplisa to kick the plot into a "foward" motion.
    Same here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show