Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: The Corruption

Azgrim d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:48/59; AC: 20, t 10, ff 20

As the warforged continues to move away from him, Azgrim realizes he has no opportunity for attack, thus only one option remains: the test of mettle. "FIENDS!" he roars. "I am Azgrim d'Kundarak! Face me alone or know shame!" The dwarf looks at Alokor and grins. "If this works let him come to me! Do nothing!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fighter's Challenge: +1 morale bonus to my Will Saves and Attack/Damage; duration 6 rds.
    Shield Block: AC bonus from shield is +1 vs. Warforged opponent (AC21).
    Bulwark of Defense: all of my threatened squares count as difficult terrain for opponents.
    Test of Mettle: {PHBII, p26} All enemies within 100' (with Int 5+ and CR 2+) must make Will DC 14 or attack me in preference of other targets. If attacked by someone other than me, the test of mettle ends for that target.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Another arrow flies by Gander just as the halfling tumbles away to the second car. Gander gets to the end of the car, merely 10 feet from the door to inside the second car. Gawair cuts into his dwarf opponent as the two clash, but the dwarf who had buried himself in his own mistake earlier, now looking for new prey, approaches Gawair from behind to flank him and buries his axe in Gawair's back. (15 damage.)

Surge's blast lights up the third car for a moment and the dwarf almost collapses from the shock, staring wide-eyed and not expecting that kind of blast. The dwarf mutters something in his race's language and leaps off the rail, taking his chances with the ground.

The warforged wheels around with another arm to bull rush Alokor back out of the way, seemingly ignoring Azgrim's challenge. (Strength check: 27)
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2008-02-09 at 11:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Rolls to see whether or not I make the proper checks:
    Spoiler
    Show

15 damage is equivalent to two rolls make the following check.

(1d20+8)[19](27)
    (1d20+8)[10](18)

Resisting an involuntary change is a check of 25.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

"Keep running!" He roared, hoping that the darn halfling just kept going and did not turn back.

The moon was in him and he couldn't stop it. "No, no, no, no!" Each word sounding more and more a bark as his form expanded, twisted, and convulsed. He had been warned that this might happen, that the beast inside him would react and fight in the face of battle, but he had not expected to get caught up here.

His bones cracked, and his flesh thrashed. Hair, dark brown hair sprouted all over his body, growing on his face, his hands, and everywhere in-between. His tail sprouted out with enough force that it ripped straight through his cotton pants. His nose and face kept etched forth with a number of pops.

His back arched and let loose a wolf-ish howl. The animal inside him just wanted to get out of here, outnumbered, he really had no quarrel with these guys.

((Not sure on the layout on what I can do. I still have a move action left; however, I'm not sure what is happening and where everyone is. One dwarf is directly in front of me, another dwarf is behind me [flanking]. There are boxes all around here. Can I move (taking the attack of opportunity in doing so.) ... Grr I really need a map here. @__@;; ))

OOC: Tra

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

((You're unfortunately surrounded. You could try a tumble check or even a jump or climb check to get on top of the boxes (taking AoO's on the latter two options of course.), but otherwise you better hope for some reinforcements or some very good rolls.))

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Surge

Surge watches the dwarf fall with an odd sense of detachment.

Hmm, at the speed that we are currently travelling the dwarf will probably die on impact, but then again I have never qualified the strength of dwarven bones...

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check to see if he hears Gawair howling, I failed the last four, so why not fail this one too?

Listen - (1d20)[14]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkantra View Post
    Surge

Surge watches the dwarf fall with an odd sense of detachment.

Hmm, at the speed that we are currently travelling the dwarf will probably die on impact, but then again I have never qualified the strength of dwarven bones...

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check to see if he hears Gawair howling, I failed the last four, so why not fail this one too?

[roll0]
    Surge hears the howling, and it's not far at all. Could it be more reinforcements for the enemies?

((Actually, the lightning rail usually travels at about 30 mph. Pretty easy to survive with a few bruises. Especially when you have a CMW handy.))

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

((ooc: Would you allow an intimidation check to scare them off as a move action? If one dwarf jumped off the train after being zapped, I'm sure that having a werewolf transform in their very minds [keeping in mind that this continent is were-animal paranoid] >__>;;))

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren finally finishes reloading his weapons.

(Dammit, this takes far too long... anyway, what's the dwarf up to? Better take a look.)

Back in buisines, Darren looks up and searches for the warforged.

He sees him trudge toward where Sindra is hiding, apparently ignoring the others for the moment.

(Hrm. Better do my part to take the thing out.)

Taking a deep breath and aiming carefully, Darren squeezes of another pair of bolts at the living construct.

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

10. - Top - End - #130

Surge

The howl was... disconcerting, Surge had never heard anything like that. It was a feral and fearful cry, one that he was sure heralded a new enemy. Surge charges his axe with energy again and rounds the corner of the crates ready to swing at whatever new threat had arrived, only to come face to face with too surprised dwarves and a creature of legend.

"Fascinating..." his eyes glow even brighter as he steps up and slashes at one of the distracted dwarves. He didn't even care what they did anymore, he only wanted them out of the way so that he could inspect and investigate this new development.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving around the crates and attacking the dwarf that's flanking the werewolf.

Attack - (1d20+10)[21] PA for 1
    Damage - (1d12+7)[18]
    SG - (4d6)[14]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WillWolf View Post
    ((ooc: Would you allow an intimidation check to scare them off as a move action? If one dwarf jumped off the train after being zapped, I'm sure that having a werewolf transform in their very minds [keeping in mind that this continent is were-animal paranoid] >__>;;))
    ((Sure, intimidation check is fine, though the only reason the first dwarf fled was that he had 5 hp left.))

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

((ooc: This is still apart of my old action, sooo this is not in reaction to seeing Surge come through.))

Gawair decided that the easiest thing to do was to scare them off. He grew as menacing as possible and howled again, trying to look as vicious as possible.

Intimidation check: (1d20+7)[10](17)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Feeling an arrow zip past his head Gander tumbles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble(1d20+9)[14]
    for the safe haven of the door and hunches down next to it trying to stay as small as possible.

Rushing to use the wand on himself he jabs it just below his eye "Ow! Shanderthwip Glasrath Gneee!" These words sound more like Goblin swears than magic but the wand (hopefully) lights up
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Magic Device: Wand DC: 20 (1d20+10)[12]

Spoiler
    Show
    Gander is now on Partial Defense +3 Dodge AC (Tumble), and has a 20% miss chance vs ranged weapons due to the Entropic Warding. More concerned with flying arrows than Howling werecreatures Gander tries to spot the archer (30' Darkvision)
    Listen vs Howl (1d20+3)[7]
    Spot vs Archer [roll1d20+1[/roll]

(On the off chance that I heard the Howl)
    "First Horses, now someone brings their dog to the party? I hope it belongs to the conductor and not the dwarves. Ooo, I need to remember that tree near those rocks, that way I can come back this way sometime and check out if the dwarfs dead so I can liberate his gear. How the heck those guys got on the train I want to know. Probably a wizard..."
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Still to go this turn
    Spoiler
    Show

Azgrim, Alokor, enemies

One of Darren's bolts hits the warforged, though it doesn't seem to do as much damage as before. The other clangs harmlessly off its armor plating while Sindra, fearing for his life, tries to hobble his way towards the other end of the car. (The warforged has noticed you this time, so you don't get sneak attack unless you go to flank it.)

Surge once again lands a solid hit, lighting up the car so he gets a clear view of the beast surrounded by the two dwarves. This one looks pretty badly beaten now, though he's still standing. The two dwarves look on in shock at the beast before them, but stand their ground nontheless and while one swings his axe at the wolf-creature before him, the other tries in vain (failed tumble check) so he slashes at Surge again, burying deep in a tender spot in Surge. (One miss. One critical hit. Er... how much HP does Surge have left?)

Gander's wand unfortunately fails to activate as he stands right outside the door to the second car and can see the dwarves, the werewolf, and Surge fight for their lives, but he can't see on top of the crates. Even with his warlock-enhanced vision, there just appears to be darkness on top of the crates.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2008-02-11 at 01:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren had aimed at the weak spots in his targets armour, but since the hulking warrior-construct moved, he didn't quite manage to actually hit them.

One bolt glanced off harmlessly, the other did hit the edge of an armoured plate, losing most of it's power scraping along it before hitting a soft part.

(*sigh* I hate moving targets... now what, Sindra doesn't have much room left to flee into. Think dammit, think!)

Lycar

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alokor is thrown back 10 feet as the warforged continues its rampage seemingly unabated, its armor spikes piercing deeply into Alokor's armor. (17 damage)

17. - Top - End - #137

Surge

Surge was utterly entranced by the werewolf. In the intricate blend of wolf and human he could see the strength of its form, and he knew why such things were feared by the fleshlings. In his excitement he forgot about the dwarves, the mystery archer and his mission and stood with his weapon barely on guard.

Magnificent, I must find a way to collect a blood sample, some hair, maybe even a tooth! Aleolis will be as thrilled as I am, the properties of this creature could be researched for decades, maybe even longer--

CRUNK

Surge's body failed, the magic that gave him life threatened to be extinguished for a moment before flaring him back into consciousness with a message of massive damage. A huge gap had been creased into his side by the injured dwarf, one that had crumpled his armor and nearly caused him to go inert. Keeping one hand on his axe he reached down to touch his belt. Most of the damage from the attack folded back outwards, metal and wood rearranging themselves to mold his chasis back into a workable shape.

"Let us finish this dwarf, I have research to conduct."

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to activate the Healing Belt, and I'm using 2 charges.

Healing - (3d8)[17]
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-02-15 at 11:24 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Azgrim d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:48/59; AC: 20, t 10, ff 20

With an irritated snort, and an ear-shattering yell, the knight charges the warforged, warhammer readied to strike. "ENOUGH OF THIS!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fighter's Challenge: +1 morale bonus to my Will Saves and Attack/Damage; duration 4 rds.
    Shield Block: AC bonus from shield is +1 vs. Warforged opponent (AC21).
    Bulwark of Defense: all of my threatened squares count as difficult terrain for opponents.
    Charging Attack: (1d20+11)[22]
    Crit?: (1d20+11)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]
    EDIT (from OOC):
    Quote Originally Posted by GimliFett View Post
    I need action point for attack roll!
    Action Point: (1d20+11)[22]
    See OOC post, it just copied roll0 from this post. So add 6 to my roll; total 28.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-02-18 at 11:38 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

HP = 21 / 38
    Strength = 22 from bull's strength potion

Alokor coughs up a bit of blood after recollecting himself, but raises his sword in response to Azgrim's challenge.

"Damn House Cannith," he grumbles. "Face the steel of Karrnath!" he yells as he throws himself at the pseudo-construct.

Spoiler
    Show

Power attack -3/+6
    (1d20+9)[20] for a charging attack
    I'm so action pointing this again
    (1d6)[1] on top of the attack
    Assuming a hit, I deal the thing (2d6+16)[18] damage
    Mmm Power Attack.

You realize that I just rolled three 1s on three d6s in a row.
    Last edited by Kevka Palazzo; 2008-02-18 at 09:28 PM.

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Villainous Monsters, providing a list of worthy opponents for use in any OGL game: monsters with PC levels

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Both Azgrim and Alokor charge into the warforged and bury the steel into its thick armor. It reaches back and does another of its slams, as if swatting rather large flies behind it, this time trying to throw back Alokor.

Spoiler
    Show

Strength check: 24

The dwarf tries to finish off Surge with an axe strike, but it grazes off the warforged's armor. "Lemme through ye daft tin can!" He yells in desperation.

The other dwarf decides that the odds are now very much against him and tries to run away, provoking an attack of opportunity from the werewolf.

The archer, wherever he is, appears to be holding his action.

(This is the third listen check, which everyone made) A loud whirring fills the air along with the sounds of vague cackling laughter, along with the smell of smoke. Even in the darkness, those outside can make out a strange-looking airship with a column of smoke trailing behind it speeding ahead of the train to the front car.

(Top of the round.)
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2008-02-20 at 12:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

[b]Gawair:[/rollv]

He growled at the dwarf. Swiping both his sword and his claws at the escaping dwarf. That would show him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[6](10)
    Bastard Sword Damage: (1d10+5)[9](14)
    (1d20-1)[7](6)
    Claw damage: (1d4+5)[1](6)

But his concern was the dwarf now attacking the warforged companion. His carniverous brain worked in overtime trying to figure a way out of it, and the first thing to do was to leave no witnesses of the transformation. The running dwarf would be less of a problem than the dwarf in front of him *not to mention easier to hit* He swung his sword with both hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[18](26)
    (1d10+9)[3](12)

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darren

(Great... the two can't contain the warforged. Better do something to slow it down a bit.)

Time is of the essence, so Darren decides to just drop one of his crossbows. Then he reaches behind him, into his enchanted backpack.

While the backpack's magic makes, whatever you are fishing for, just happen to be on top of the pile, it still takes precious seconds to get it out. Seconds the warforged uses to get perilously close to their charge.

Finally, Darren manages to ready the tanglefoot bag.

"I sure hope you don't mind me glueing up your gears too much..."

And tosses the bag at the warforged (aiming for the legs).

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2008-02-21 at 01:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Gander---

Looking at the missfired wand.

"Damn that Artificer! Works every time my $**^#!"

Gander grabs the handle to the door and swings it open.

Upon seeing the brutes bearing down on the conductor he screams in a high pitched yelp and fires off a bolt of arcane energy at the nearest

"Yeow! Surge! Surge! They're trying to kill the conductor"

Gander then turns back thinking to run the other way and sees a wolfman standing between himself and Surge.

"Ahhh! They ate whoshisname! Gawair! Oh poor manling what a bad way to go!"

Spoiler
    Show
    closest enemy (I can't see the map you laid out. My connection filter doesn't let me veiw it )
    Att: (Ranged Touch): (1d20+7)[20]
    Dmg: (1d6)[1]
    (+1 Att & Dmg if within 30')

Edit:ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the confusion I was trying to get to the other car lol. Damn my workplace for not letting me see the map!!
    P.S. If a sneak attack would apply to my eldritch blast... well here's the roll for you to apply or ignore.
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    Also I edited my text a bit to make more sense.
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-02-24 at 07:56 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Once again, the heavy spiked arm buries into Alokor, dealing 11 damage. When he does so, however, the tanglefoot bag gums up his legs, making it difficult for him to continue his relentless pursuit.

((Dustyme: Gander is actually on the other side of the car, next to the door leading to the second car (where the conductor is), so he wouldn't know about the warforged yet. Also, there's one enemy left, but Gawair in werewolf form is in the way (unless you consider the werewolf an enemy now), so apply any necessary penalty for firing through a person if you're looking to hit the remaining dwarf.))

When Gander opens the door to safety, so to speak, he sees the conductor being flanked by several large, brutish humanoids in fierce combat. Belaean is brandishing a longsword and seems to be holding his own, but the humanoids brandish wicked looking daggers.

The dwarf falls dead from the werewolf's claws, now there's nothing standing in between Surge and the werewolf before him.

25. - Top - End - #145

Surge

Why do fleshlings always panic so?

Surge lowers his voice to a metallic hiss.

"Gander, get in there and help the conductor!" he slowly lowers his axe and holds a hand out towards the werewolf "If you can understand me, I'm not your enemy, your enemies are in that car there, and that man is your ally," he points to the conductor car, "We need to help him, and master Sindra but first, don't be alarmed."

Surge gestures quickly and four glowing lights of swirling color appear above his head to sweep through the darkness above the crates, in an attempt to spy the hidden archer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting dancing lights to illuminate the darkness above the crates
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-02-24 at 10:33 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

As soon as the lights move above the crates, they vanish, as if eclipsed by a greater darkness. In response, an arrow flies from where the lights vanished into Surge. (9 damage.)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Gawair:

Now he was in a tricky situation. He wanted survival, there was no change in his opinion on that one, but in order to survive he needed to keep a low profile ... on a train filled with enemies and friends. ... and friends who would think he was enemies.

But he had one thing to his advantage: confusion. Gawair belted off toward the second cart after being spoken to after the warforged had spoke to him. Apparently his identity was safe so far, and he planned to keep it that way. He didn't even acknowledge the warforged after knowing that the identity was indeed safe.

The archer must go, where the lights disappeared, he intended to circle around him and attack the archer; however, he was badly wounded and survival mattered a whole lot more than whether or not this sniper knew who he was.

He mumbled the command phrase: "Sheaperd's Sword" for a significant amount of renewal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to get out of the general vicinity of Surge and the entrapped boxes. Standard action: Two charges of healing belt: (3d8)[3][2][3](8).

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Go ahead and reroll those heals, Gawair. From now on, unless anyone has any objections, I'm instituting the following houserule:

For all healing spells and items, reroll any dice that turn up less than half of that die.))

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You are my hero. For a fighter-type he has a low HP score; however, that has to do with the LA more than anything else. Obviously I'll take the first one that meets your criteria of at least getting 12 (from top to bottom) I get, but this way I don't have to double post.

(3d8)[1][4][8](13)
    (3d8)[2][3][6](11)
    (3d8)[1][8][1](10)

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show
    Surge tries to figure out what he knows about this strange beast...

Knowledge Arcana - (1d20+8)[14]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show