New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: In the Land of the Prince.

Cortex Flash - Consillium IT Support

"Well, much like the Consillium's Council... if someone doesn't show up to represent themselves, they must either send someone in their place to vote for them, or their vote is simply discounted. I believe, like the Senior Council... we should have a monthly meeting to bring up things we need to vote on... and if pressings matters arise, we can call together an emergency meeting of us. We should all have preparations in such cases that we don't think we can make it to a meeting.

"If someone is absent, and they have not assigned anyone to sit in proxy for them... then there would only be a voting of those assembled. If, say for instance, Tinkerbell missed our monthly meeting. If he also didn't assign a proxy, then when we voted on an issue, his vote would simply not count. If myself and Phosphorous agreed on a certain point, and put on votes on an issue, yet Chaeron voted against us... then majority would rule in favor and mine and Phosphorous's decision.

"I see no reason to give any sort of special attention outside of that. I also don't think we need either this... representative for the Cabal. We are all representatives of the Cabal and, as Senior members, we are capable making temporary decisions until such that time a formal meeting can be called. Also, I see no reason for a 5th member. The fifth chair of our Senior Council should be an invisible seat. We cast a vote among our lessers, and then the majority ruling of that vote, will decide how the invisible seat votes."

Signature by Sneak.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

"Ah, you mistake my meaning. I no more desire a 5th member of our council than you do. The point I was trying to make is that if we were to allow the other members of our cabal to elect a constant substitute councilor, then we might find our decision making power contested by the rest of the cabal." He sits back, steepling his fingers "I agree with your proposal, however. It is simple, and unobtrusive. I only can hope that we shall never find an emergency situation wherein one or more of us is unaccounted for."
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

"No more then I do, Chaeron, no more then I. However, that's where we come down to all... and we must trust eachother. Not trust eachother to do what's politically correct, or what is financially correct... but what is right. To steal a proverb of a late mentor of mine... we must do what is right, not what is easy."

He smiles slightly.

Signature by Sneak.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell sways his head side to side as if sloshing something around inside it and then says, "I like the idea of a proxy, but I am opposed to allowing this body to vote without either. What is to stop this body from holding an impromptu meeting and voting on some critical issue when one of the issue's opponents is known to unavailable to and unable to designate a proxy."

"I suggest that only at regularly scheduled meetings, with absentee members, should a 2-1 vote be allowed to pass. I further suggest that at any impromptu meetings, the 3 vote majority is needed, even if only 3 members are present."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-14 at 03:57 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron sighs thoughtfully "Flash stated, and I agree with him, that we must learn to trust one another." He pauses a second "At least until that time, however, your idea is acceptable to me." He slumps back in his chair, hoping they can all soon come to an agreement.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Flash scratches his jaw as he one-handedly types on his computer, listening as the others speak. As Chaeron speaks, he lets out a sigh, "Well... while I am, reluctant to this... I am comforted that someone is willing to revisit on the subject. I believe we have covered a lot of ground... allow me to recap. Let us put all this to a vote. If you will turn your attention to the display on the wall, this is what we are voting on."

Cabal Name: The Variorum Project
    Sigil: Atlantean Rune for the #4

Senior Council: 4 Members of the Cabal. As represented by the original founders. Council Members may elect proxy's to sit in their seat in their absence. Unless due to permanent absence , and the lack of a standing scion to your chair... new Council Members may be voted in at a majority vote of the remaining Council.

Note: An invisible fifth chair exists, who's vote is cast in the majority outcome of a cabal-wide vote. No real person holds this position, and no influence may be cast from this seat.

Agenda of Meetings: Monthly Meetings shall be stated arranged and scheduled at least 1 Month in advance of each meeting. Meaning, that the time and place of the next meeting will be announced at the end of each meeting. Old Business shall be conducted at the beginning of each scheduled meeting, followed by Current Internal Affairs, followed by New Business.

At all regularly scheduled meetings, a majority vote of the Senior Council (3/5) shall be the ruling of each piece of business. If a Council Member misses a regularly schedule meeting, a majority vote is still counted as a decision.

At all emergency meetings, every voting must be cast, as if at a regularly scheduled meeting, with all Council Members in attendance. Even if a Council Member is absent from the proceedings, it must be acted as if they are there, and their vote is in opposition.

Note: Emergency Meetings may be called, and arranged within 1 day of announcement.

Important Note: If a Senior Member is not present for a meeting; either due to disability, unspecified reasons, or other pressing matters. They have the option to elect a proxy to sit in their seat, and cast their vote for them however the proxy sees fit.

Flash coughs slightly into his fist, "You'll have to excuse the crudeness of it, usually I'm pretty decent with my presentations. I'll make it much more respectable looking after we have everything set. Unless I'm missing anything here... let's put it to a vote. Everyone in favor of everything listed here?"

Flash raises his hand.

Signature by Sneak.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron promptly raises his hand. "I'm in favor of ending closing this topic and moving on, I see nothing in this outline that cannot be ironed out at a later time, if found to be unsatisfactory."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Before raising his hand, Tinkerbell says, "I am in favor of what you have printed there, but I wonder if we shouldn't attempt a first draft of guidelines regard what sort of things should be brought before this body."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

White Phosphorus - Keeper of Secrets

Sighing at being interrupted again, and dismissively raises his hand for a moment, then goes back to typing.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

"Phosphorous, and I, also believe that it's getting time cut this meeting short. We have several things on our agenda for the evening already." He smiles as he lowers his hand, "Looks like we have a full majority for the implementing of these provisions. As, well... a majority vote to put this meeting to a close for the day."

He smiles as he reaches into his robes and pulls out two black business cards and hands them to Tinkerbell and Chaeron. They read:

Comic Consillium
    Where every wizard has his day!

"You will find the address to our local branch on there, and on the back you will find my Consillium cell-phone number, and my email address for anything you might wish to contact me about. Please do not hesitate to call me if you need anything, as I am available to either of you if you would like warding placed on your dwellings and/or sanctums, as well as anything else I can offer you.

"Also, do not forget we have a meeting with the Lady Herald at 2:00pm, at Florians. Best to not be late."
    He smiles as he begins packing up his gear, and taking off of his robes to reveal a rather blank outfit of black denim jeans, and a simple black buttonup shirt over a white-t. "Always gotta look my best for the bigwigs." He comments as he stuffs the robes into a backpack he's wearing along with his gear.

He looks around to see if there is anything else that is needed of him.
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-01-14 at 07:55 PM.

Signature by Sneak.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron glances at the card as he stands. He puts it in his pocket as he bends down to pick up his sidepack, and sling it onto his shoulder. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you gentlemen. I'm interested to see how this pans out. If I need anything, I'll be in touch. See you tomorrow." Chaeron nods at his fellows, and starts for the door. Heading for the exit and his bicycle.
    Last edited by Premsyl; 2008-01-14 at 08:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

When the meeting suddenly ends, Tinkerbell is at a loss for a few moments and then inquires, "Obviously we could discuss the scope of our domain at the next meeting, but I should think that we should at least decide when, and perhaps where, our next meeting is before adjourning."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Flash looks towards Tinkerbell, "I am currently in negotiations for a building here in town... once I have hammered out the details, I will let you know. Everything should be arranged by tomorrow, before our meeting. I will let you know then."
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-01-15 at 12:00 PM.

Signature by Sneak.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell raises an eyebrow at that and then says, "Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought we were supposed to be equals, when did The Variorum Project direct you to make those arrangements? It would seem you are just going off and doing what you wish without consulting us."

Tinkerbell stands up, seeing as everyone else seem to be standing and he doesn't like to look up. He then adds, "Even if we all agree on that location, which we have not, I would expect that you'd need input regarding our schedules. How else will the meeting be scheduled?"

Seeing everyone still inching towards the door, Tinkerbell then suggests, in a slightly louder voice, "I really think we should remain and finish the discussion and hash out more of these details before you take complete control over The Variorum Project. You need to put the interests of this cabal above those of your mundane business dealings."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Flash stops in his tracks as Tinkerbell talks, and he tilts his head slightly looking at the wall before looking back over his shoulder towards the man. Slowly he turns around and plants his feet a little bit, "I would... expect a little gratitude here, Tinkerbell. I am going through immense financial annoyance to set usu p with a secure and proper place for our meetings. I have pre-arranged several different schedule calenders for us, which may vote on after tomorrows meeting with the Herald... and what I seem to be getting in return... is suspcion."

He stuffs his hands into his jean pockets, "First, I'll thank you to keep your thoughts of my... mundane business dealings, to yourself, and what you think of my sympathic connection to this cabal to yourself as well. I have demonstrated nothing but blossoming devotion to this organization... while you have offered nothing but obstacles and hesitance. Allow me to be blunt... if you don't like the things I propose... give an alternative, because during our entire meeting here, you have offered nothing, and instead interjected innuendo of distrust.

"I'm not here to grasp yours reigns, and tell you what to do. I am helping us get on our road of greatness... and I would hope that, like Chaeron here, you would provide me with an inch of help and thanks. Now... this meeting has been adjourned due to a majority vote, and I have several... mundane business things to get to. If you perchance have something more constructive to add tomorrow at our meeting following the one with the Herald... then you may bring it up then."

With a tight-thin lipped look, Flash walks over to a second door that leads out of the room and lifts his hand, while chanting something soft under his breathe... and rhythmic chanting that builds up as he slows draws hand down through the air, cutting what looks like hole into the very reality of what was there*. Nothing but blackness exists on the other side as Flash gestures for Phosphorous to go through first, and then looks towards the others, "Until tomorrow." He bows and then walks through the spatial rift, which after a few moments, seals up with a faint hiss of displaced air.

----------

Casting Rote Spell: Portal
    To: Intimate Location
    Success Needed: 1
    Dice Pool: 3 + 0 + 3 = 6
    Dice Penalty -2
    *See OOC Thread for Rolls.
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-01-15 at 12:14 PM.

Signature by Sneak.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Phos sighs as he unplugs his keyboard while the two men discuss their differences. The keyboard is rolled back up, the computer stashed, and the leather tote is hoisted over his shoulder. He walks towards Flash and towards the rift, and pauses for a moment and speaks without turning to look at Tinkerbell. "Remember Tink, you don't know us, nor what we do. You merely know that we are expending our personal resources -- financial, time, and most importantly personal obscurity -- so this group as a whole can prosper and have a place where it is safe for us to conduct our business. We risk much, and you risk nothing. Some form of gratitude would be appropriate at a time like this." His voice cuts through the air like a knife, annoyance evident in his words. With that, he walks through the rift and disappears.
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-01-15 at 01:38 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Once those Flash and Phosphorus have disappeared, Tinkerbell gives a howl of anger and smashes his fist down on the chair.

"That self centered egotistic ... Argh!"

Tinkerbell howls again and clenches his fists looking for something to hit. "Did he not pay attention? I offered quite a few suggestions, most designed to protect us. Can he not see that? Then he just up and leaves after claiming we voted to do so when, in fact, no one voted on that matter at all. He simply mentioned it, but we never brought it forward for a vote."

Then Phosphorus' words come back to him... "Ah, that... geek. Who is he to ignore the whole proceeding and then chide me for not appreciating the things they did that I didn't want them to do? No one asked them to risk anything. We had just decided not to go and take actions on behalf of the cabal and then what is the first thing they do? Before the meeting is even finished, I might add? They go and attempt to buy a building for the cabal?"

Why? Why does this have to happen to me. Tinkerbell collapses to his hands and knees and just stares at the ground. Why was I thrown in with these... these Mysteriumiacs? Now I'm stuck. No way out. *sigh*
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-15 at 02:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron had, of course, stuck around when Tinkerbell and Flash began their conversation. He had decided not to interject his own opinion, however. And he still remains at the end of it. Frowning, he leans up against the door jamb. "I will agree with you on their egotism. And I'm not exactly sure how Phosphorous counts as a whole member of our cabal when it seems as if he and Flash share the same opinions most of the time... Honestly, Tinkerbell, I don't know any other Arrow mages who like to deliberate as much as you do. I'm ready to go home, which helped inspire my cooperation. I agree with many of Flash's ideas, but all of it could use work. And work we shall. I don't want to think that the two of them have an individual agenda, but let's be careful shall we?" He sighs, standing up straight from his leaning position, and adjusts the shoulder strap on his sidepack. "I have no intention of letting any individual, or even a couple of individuals lead this cabal exclusively. We must both remain vigilant. I will do what I think is right, no matter what. I hope you will do the same." He is quiet for a moment, contemplating, then says, "I don't know man... Like I said, we'll be careful. You didn't have anything else to ask of me, did you?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell looks up from his depressive collapse to find Chaeron still there. He struggle to his feet, regaining his composure and nods at Chaeron's soothing words. Almost smiling Tinkerbell, adds, "I do not like deliberation, but I do not have it in me to just lay down and be rolled over by them. I must fight for what I believe and what I want."

Tinkerbell nods and says, "I also agreed with most of the ideas, of course some of them were my own, so... But, in anycase, I wanted to hammer out some protections for the members before the package was agreed upon. I didn't want to take the chance that they would stifle further debate on the subject claiming 'it had been agreed upon'."

Tinkerbell sighs and says with a smile, "I move to adjourn the meeting." He then raises his hand and says, "Be safe."

Assuming Chaeron either agrees to adjourn, or leaves(in which case Tink is the majority vote), Tinkerbell will leave as well. Tinkerbell walks home, taking a wide arc through the city, staying on streets with lots of traffic and avoiding dark alley.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron raises his own hand with a small smile. "Meeting adjourned. It was nice meeting you, Tinkerbell. Until tomorrow." He turns, and leaves. Heading for his bicycle, and peddling off into some of the worst parts of town.
    Last edited by Premsyl; 2008-01-16 at 02:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

The day has dawned misty and chill, Mestr is invisble to the north and the Lido hovers ghostly to the south. At two o'clock in the Piazza Grande and the square is bustling. The sacrament of the temple of Khonsu-Tohut is ongoing, the insane chants of the priests waver at the edge of hearing distorting the brain toward cultic ecstasy. Across the square the bells of the Kroneum ring, their sonorous tones floating along the baroque cloisters surrounding shops and government buildings as people stream out of the pronaos.

Dressed in a white wool tunic dress, four inch heels with a white patent leather clutch and ravishing fuchsia overcoat the woman you know as Vox Populi exits the temple, removing a sheer headscarf as she kisses goodbye three other women. Smiling she stalks her way across the piazza towards those of you here early. Bidding you a good afternoon she kisses you on both cheeks.

”Hello, I do hope all is going well. Come sit inside, Janurary is always horrid isn't it. We're just lucky there's no Alta Aqua today.” She leads you to a table inside, simply nodding at the doorman and crosses her legs elegantly as she takes a table by a window with five seats, one of a noticably larger size than the others. Sitting in the beautifully rococo and c-respondingly uncomfortable chair with no apparent effort she catches a waiters eye as he passes. ”A macchiato thank you Carlo and” she looks over, ”for you?”

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron is just rolling up on a red bicycle when Vox exits the temple. He locks his bike up against a light post and walks over to her, and any others. He smiles at the traditional greetings, and follows Vox inside. He takes a seat at the table facing away from the window, setting down the same black sidepack you saw yesterday. He doesn't even look like he changed clothes. His hair is damp suggesting a recent shower. Looking up at the waiter "Ah, um. Ice Water with Lemon."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Flash and Phosphorous seem to have already found a place at the table Vox chooses, having arrived early for the meeting. Flash stands gracefully as Vox approaches and gives her a customary greeting, while he's dressed in little more modern attire then the other day. A simple pair of straight legged black denim pants, with a rather tight-fit black-t displaying a pair of stick figures talking in 1's and 0's. A black-red tie is rung haphazardly around his neck, as he keeps an open dark green long-sleeved shirt over it all.

He smiles politely to his fellow cabal mates as he sees them. He holds up his own glass indicating he already had his drink with a polite and silent smile.

Signature by Sneak.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

"You continue to impress with your initiavtive Signor Flashy. Signor Chaeron, you look like you have been working, I'm sure your dedication is an example to us all." The drinks arrive with perfect innocuous servility. "Grazie Carlo. I do appologise for being delayed service at Phoibe's altar cannot be rushed.

Well we aren't all here so I'll save my good news and we can save the shop talk. Do take some time to look over the menus."
    She sips her drink as the drizzle starts to patter on the stones of the square and the orchestra resume their playing with Paganini's Quartet No. 4. "Have any of you come here before? It really is an institution though becoming so popular with tourists. The price of living in a globalised world I suppose."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Phos is quiet as usual, but instead of tapping furiously on a touchpad or keypad, he merely sits idly dragging the stylus around on the tablet computer of his while a glass of green fluid sits eight inches from his left hand. "Huh... US Market is down thirty-two and six-fifteenths. May have to keep an eye on a few items and make some moves, Flash." He double ticks something, and another window pops open on the screen. "Ouch... durable goods is down. That may be why." His voice is still as subdued as yesterday, but the 'forget everyone else' edge is gone. Clearly, he was distracted and had a deadline to meet. Picking up the bright green-liquid glass, he takes a sip and holds the glass up in front of his eyes. "They gotta work on their mix." He says slightly drily, setting the glass down in its exact spot as before. Unlike his friend, his attire is more formal, though relaxed compared to yesterday. A navy undershirt peeks through a casual sportcoat thrown over and a pair of black khaki's rest on his legs.
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-01-18 at 10:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Flash merely humbly bows his head at Vox's praise and smiles subduely as he looks towards Phosphorous, "Run bots five through nine, they can monitor thr progression and get us out if anything goes to far downhill. For now, we are at a meeting, Phos." He rolls his eyes slightly and takes a sip of his own drink and looks towards Vox, "As you know, I only came to this city roughly a month ago. So, I am afraid I have yet to have a chance and frequent any of the local fineries."

He smiles slightly and contents himself on listening as he looks towards the temple with an odd look before looking back to Vox.

Signature by Sneak.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

After a long restless night, Tinkerbell rises early to stroll around the city, trying to keep his finger a the pulse of the city. Around noon, he has something to eat and then begins the long walk to Florians. The exercise does him good and give him time to think and work off some of his excess energy.

When he arrives at Florians, he gets the feeling his is late, though his watch shows 2pm exactly. All the same, his continues on his path, going over to the table with the rest of the cabal and the sharply dressed Herald. Tinkerbell smiles at the large chair, sits down, and says in his deep rumbly voice, "Good afternoon". Tinkerbell admires Vox's shoes for a moment wondering how she walks in those on the brick streets without killing herself.

When the waiter pops around, Tinkerbell orders, "Cafe au lait" hopeful they will fulfill his order without taking offense.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron receives his water, squeezing the lemon into it. Frowning at a seed that drops to the bottom of his glass. He looks up and smiles at Vox. "You can tell, huh? A friend and I have been looking closely into certain aspects of local history... Really uninteresting so far, but who knows what one will find with enough digging?" He peruses the menu, still smiling. I know all to well the cost of living in today's world. He says without looking up. "This is my first time here. I don't spend much time in this part of town, you see. What's good here?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Muttering something about procreation and meetings, and their direct interaction, he taps a few items on the display and half-throws half-sets the tablet PC on the table, irritation at having to deal with others clearly evident. Sighing, he picks up his drink and pulls on it hard, downing at least a full mouthful before setting it back down, boredom on his face. He liked teleconferences... he could surf the web at the same time as talk. Or chat... yeah. That was nice too. Looking down at his left hand, a titanium spinner-ring sits on his ring finger and he idly spins it, thoughts of a time long-past being brought to the forefront of his mind. A picture of his now-dead wife comes unbidden into his mind, and he scowls again as the pangs of the past come forward to the present. Clenching his fist, he picks up the drink again and takes another pull.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

As Tinkerbell waits for his coffee, he crosses his legs, putting his right foot up on his left knee. The then leans back slightly closing his eyes and enjoys the warmth of the sun on his face. He smiles slightly as he takes deep breaths and waits for Vox to get on with it.

What kind of a meeting can we have here? We are not really free to discuss anything or be ourselves with all these sleepers around.