New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: In the Land of the Prince.

"Singor Bell, exactly on time. Thank you for joining us. Well it is a miserable day, let us eat, drink and plot in the most famous of the City's restaurants though," she speaks in a charmingly conspiritorial tone, "I have a few secret places I think are better.

It is nice to see a renaissance man in history, the divide between archaeology and history is so false to my lay eyes. But before I get sidetracked into my own curiosity I have news for you news that should be bringing you into these parts of town more often. However,"
    she smiles, "I refuse to share it without lunch.

Antipasto, the artichoke, cheese and olive is divine, prosecco or shall we stick with what we've got?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell nearly snarls at Vox when she abbreviates his name to Bell, but after clenching his fists several times, he takes several more deep breaths and then forces a smile. When the waiter returns he'll order a light cheese and fruit appetizer.

Oh great. News that will bring me across town more often. Tinkerbell sighs and forces another smile, trying to be patient while he waits for the guts of the meeting to commence.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Cortex Flash - Consillium IT Support

Flash smiles politely, "I am a bit famished, if you would be so kind as to order for me, madame? I am sure once I frequent here more often, dare I say it, I might be ordering for you." He winks as he takes a sip of his drink and sits back in his seat.
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-01-20 at 02:29 PM.

Signature by Sneak.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron looks at the menu another minute "The artichoke, cheese, and olives sounds like an excellent idea, and I would love some prosecco. Don't know why I didn't think of it myself." Sure hope the herald's grabbing the check. "I'm eager to hear your news, but I can't say I'm disappointed to be eating first." He drums his fingers on the table. Looking around at the other diners in the establishment. Wondering at how out of place he is in a locale such as this.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

When Flash, having failed to endear himself to Tinkerbell at the first meeting, continues to act cocky, Tinkerbell shakes his head in disgust and turns away to watch any passing pedestrians.

Oiy, who does this guy think he is? Has the power gone to his head or was he already that way before he awaken?
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

TInkerbell

Eventually bored with just sitting and watching the sleepers walk to and fro, he turns to Chaeron and queries, "How is the wine?" After glancing around again, he then asks, "Are you new to the city as well? Did you manage to find a place to live near here?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron sips the wine and nods approvingly "The wine is good. I recommend it." He sets down the glass, and looks to Tinkerbell, folding his hands on the table. "Not new, no. This is where I was born and raised, albeit self-raised. This is a little embarrassing actually, but I've only ever even left Anaxanev three times, and all of those times were after I awakened." He glances after a woman in a short skirt "I do have a place, though it's not near here. It's in a much less... Hmm... Presentable part of the city. It's not much. But it's a roof and four walls." He turns his attention back to his wine glass, picking it up "You're all foreigners, aren't you? What are your impressions of our grand city." He smirks blatantly, and sips his wine.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell nods at Chaeron as he speaks. With a glance at the short skirt, Tinkerbell adds, "I live on the far side of town which is, I can assure you, much less presentable." Putting his attention back on Chaeron, he says, "I am from this region, just not this particular city."

Tinkerbell twists looking around at the city and says, "I'm from a much smaller town. A place with a real community feel, where you know everyone. This city is... vast. Impersonal. Crowded. The interaction of the water and the city is very unique, but isn't to my liking. The waters become polluted and fouled by its interaction with so many people."

Ah yes, I remember the lake back home. Swimming, fishing, relaxing.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Chaeron

Chaeron finishes off his glass of wine, lifting his glass and nodding at the waiter for a refill. "This city is overpopulated and sinking, that's true. I can't say I know much about 'real community feel.'" He smiles lightly, the waiter pouring his drink "No family, few friends. I 'know' lots of people, though. The city seems smaller, depending on who you know."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell shrugs his thin bony shoulders ands simply says, "Perhaps."