New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Statue Shatters (Eberron Round-Robin IC Chapter 1)

While it certainly didn't make any sort of sense to him Havon had some sort of gut feeling that he should that he should be visiting The Bronze Buckler. He wasn't sure why, the shop didn't seem too particularly special compared to many of the other repair shops in the district, the only thing that seem to stood out for him was that it was a bit more people visiting today. Either way he knew that a warforged was the owner of the shop so at the very least could get information about where he could find the warforged he had seen in the vision.

Havon calmly entered through the front door of the shop but quickly stops a feet in front of the door when he sees the two warforged and a human that seemed to be different somehow but Havon couldn't put his finger on it.

"Afternoon" Havon says calmly to the three. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but have I met any of you before?" He says trying his best to sound normal when he realizes that this people seem very familiar to those seem within his vision.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

The artificer finishes gathering his gear just as the newcomer enters.

"Not that I can recall, Sir.

You do look familiar, though. Have you ever purchased something from me before? I'm afraid that I'm going to be closing the shop a bit early today."
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-11 at 08:52 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    [color=Green]
    "Mirror, you will come with us, won't you? You were in the vision too, so this certainly must involve your fate."
    "I have not place to be, nor anywhere to call home anymore, so I really have no reason not to."

4. - Top - End - #34

"Excellent. Well, I'm ready. Lets be off!

Sir, I am deeply sorry, but I must ask you to leave. I must close my shop now."
    Assuming everyone complies, he'll lock the door behind him and start heading towards Breland Spire and Morgrave University.
    The Tangled Web

5. - Top - End - #35

Just after the owner of the Silver Buckler asks for his guests to leave, Celvic barges in, acclaiming "Gentlemen, we have been appointed our duties!"

He stands in the door way for a moment studying the assembled crowd inside the shop. "Ah good," he says, "I see most of us have already been guided here."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

interesting Rarinn says

7. - Top - End - #37

The tiny shop is obviously getting very crowded now. The owner looks perplexed as Celvic bursts in. "Olladra's Bloody Nose!

Celvic! I'm glad to see you but I'm afraid that we were just about to leave."
    He has a pleading tone to his voice but when Celvic starts rambling about how everyone was guided here, the warforged just sighs and says, "Alright, fine. But if we are going to use my shop at a base of operations, can we at least move to the back room where there is more space?

I assume your friend is somehow involved in all this?"
    He says the last part while looking at the stranger who came in with Celvic. He seems to have forgotten about Haven for the moment.

The warforged opens up a door to the back room, where he keeps much of the raw materials he needs for crafting. There are crates available for people to sit on, and enough room that people aren't jamming elbows into eachother's ribs... or metal plating, as the case may be. "Come in here, and we'll discuss our duties and appointed course of action. Why don't you start by telling us who your friend is, and then explain what duties you think we've been appointed?"
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-11 at 10:35 PM.
    The Tangled Web

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    The closest my creator ever came to naming me was telling me that I was the Fifth out of a batch of 40 exact same models.

But even before Thronehold, we began to acquire names, either from other human soldiers who we fought with, or selected ourselves. I've never found a name that I particularly felt attached to, so I've never taken one. Anytime a signature was needed, I would draw my Ghulra."
    Jo listens, nodding. Well, I wonder if some name wouldn't do. I suppose... the name "Friend" would be inoffensive? Maybe a bit optimistic, but it's served so far.

Jo follows the crowd into the back room. He moves near Celvic as the others enter, touching him on the back of the arm to get his attention. He speaks loud enough for everyone to hear him as everyone gathers there.
    I assume you and these others are here for the same reason I am. I don't know about the rest of you, but has anyone else considered this might be a trap?

Jo is of average height, with long black hair and sharp features for a human. His eyes are a blue bordering on purple, and he wears the travel-stained clothes of a tracker.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    I assume you and these others are here for the same reason I am. I don't know about the rest of you, but has anyone else considered this might be a trap?

"That may well be," Celvic replies loudly. "But I know that Dol Dorm will give the strength to overcome to those who are right before the Sovereigns. Besides, if some unknown force seeks my life, I would rather confront it than hide and wait for its next attempt. As it stands, this vision is our only lead to that unknown foe."
    Last edited by Mantid; 2008-01-12 at 02:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

"The thing which concerns me is why I would get some sort of vision like this. I'm just a sword for hire, from what I've heard this all seems a little different than your normal expedition and I'm wondering what I would have to do with this." Havon says taking a seat at one of the boxes. "It also doesn't help that I don't understand what any of it was supposed to mean except for me trying to find the people in this room."

11. - Top - End - #41

Looking around the room, the store-owner comes to an odd conclusion. "There are six of us here. There were seven people in the vision.

If only chance was so benevolent as to let the people from the vision come together as easily as this little group seems to have. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"
    Apparently, he hasn't made the connection yet.

Turning to Havon he says "So, are you from around these parts, Sir Mercenary?" as casually as if they had just met at a local coffee shop, rather than under circumstances of world-shattering importance.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-13 at 08:16 AM.
    The Tangled Web

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Jo turns away from the group for a moment, looking through the door to the front of the shop. He turns back.

Havon says taking a seat at one of the boxes. "It also doesn't help that I don't understand what any of it was supposed to mean except for me trying to find the people in this room."
    Maybe. I was about to go check out the fountain in front of Morgrave. That was where we were using the shards of the crystal, remember. I suggest that be where we go next. Whoever, or whatever, is trying to get us together left us only that other clue.
    So who's coming with me?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Kobold

Mirror really didn't understand much, but he knew he didn't want to become separated from the other warforged. Too many of these flesh beings to make separation comfortable. Mirror looks over at the owner of the Bronze Buckler and directs his question to him alone.

"Are we going?"

14. - Top - End - #44

The shop owner shrugs his shoulders... A very human gesture to come from a construct. "I'm waiting for Celvic to introduce his friend and explain what duties he thinks we've been appointed to do. I think afterwards, we will head to the fountain. Of course, I could be mistaken."
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-14 at 08:41 AM.
    The Tangled Web

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Rarinn frowns at Fifth I am Rarinn he declares

16. - Top - End - #46

"Its a pleasure to make your aquaintence Mr. Rarinn. What brings you to my shop?"
    The Tangled Web

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Jo hides a smile at the warforged's question, remembering his own curiosity exploring the customs of Sharn and the rest of the world. The tracker senses the shop owner is much less intuitive than even an average Kalashtar, his thinking being methodical and logical without the ability to take intuitive leaps. Jo translates for the Warforged (both "..." and Mirror, if Mirror needs it).

Friend, I think Rarin is here for the same reason we all are. The vision. Celvic, a servant of the Sovreign Host, believes they sent the vision, and if I understand him, he wants to gather the peices together. Rarin is his companion, and I believe he also had the vision, as well all these others have had. As for duties, Celvic means to say that we have a duty to the Sovreigns to follow their vision and collect the shards of crystal. While we could ignore it, I think we might as well seek them out. If the vision did come from the demon wastes, it could mean death... er, un-making and inertness, for us all.

Jo watches the Warforged's reactions, even as he hears his own voice saying the things he's just said. He thinks fast, while speaking. This is insane, and too bold a trap for my enemies to try for no reason. I must get to the bottom of this, find out why they want me looking for a Shard... these humans, elves and warforged are caught up in all this somehow. All the more reason not to let them out of my sight!
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

The shop owner listens to Jonatar quietly, for a change. "Well, I certainly don't want to die.

So, whats our first step? The fountain, yes? Shall we be off then?"
    The Tangled Web

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. The fountain is where I saw the final battle happen, but with visions I think we may see the fountain as a clue of some sort.
    Jo'Natar scouts out the way for the rest of the party. He takes glances back for the ones he's met before ("..." and Celvic), as well as keeping an eye out for the ones he's just met.

When he gets to the Bridge/walkway, etc. leading to the fountain, he's still on his guard.

ooc: preparing to create his mindblade, and looking from shadow to shadow for attackers of any sort.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

The shop owner followed along after stowing his everbright lantern in his pack and locking up his shop. It was a long journey from the district of Granite Walls in Lower Central all the way to the University District in Upper Menthis. And it seemed even longer with the warforged talking the entire way, to anyone who would listen. He talked about everything from the weather, to magical theory, to philosophical debate, to whether the hippogriff or the pegasus, or some other beast would win the Race of Eight Winds this year.

"Personally, I'm betting on the Gargoyle this year. Its going to be an exciting race!" he comments, mostly to himself. He appears to be ready to begin a long-winded explanation of why the Gargoyle is going to win, when he notices that Jonatar has slowed down at the last bridge to the fountain. He quiets down and waits to see what will happen.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-15 at 04:13 PM.
    The Tangled Web

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The top Breland Spire holds a wonderful Commons for Morgrave University, a large park that adds a wonderfully contrasting touch of nature to the industry of the city all around it. In the elbow of the L-shaped park resides a beautiful fountain that streams sprays of water day and night. Professors and students alike visit the area to study, relax, socialize and even seek inspiration that the setting may provide. The fountain is deserted today, save for one small figure. A gnome stands there waiting and sees the group standing on the far side of the bridge. Noticing Jo'Natar's hesitation, he gestures impatiently for all to come near.

As everyone gathers around (with nothing leaping from the shadows or from under the bridge to attack Jo'Natar), the gnome begins to speak. "Took you long enough; a bit high strung aren't you, kalashtar?" he says, quite clearly in a snit. "One, two...there's only six. There's supposed to be a seventh. Bah, no bother. If he's not here, that's his problem. Anyways, down to business," he blusters on, barreling over any attempts to get a word in edge-wise. "You're all here because of that event that just took place and are all involved in a vision that showed the salvation of the world or some such. I work for Marrix d'Cannith, and he saw a vision that involved the six of you. He saw this place, rightly assumed you would congregate here, and sent me to gather you. He knows about the shattered statue and has a job for you. I can't tell you much more, but he has all of the details." With this he pulls a furled scroll out of his pocket. "This is a particular Teleport spell that will take us all to the meeting place he has in mind. Does anyone have any objections, questions, or other such nonsense before we go?"
    Meh, I have nothing clever to say here.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Jo'Natar takes a good look at the Gnome, at what he's wearing and any items he has on him. A gnome working for House Cannith? Perhaps also an agent of the Dreaming Dark, setting out to slay a Kalashtar and other mortals who might stand in their way.
    In particular, Jo was surprised that the gnome knew he was Kalashtar, something Jo took pains to disguise. This vision had already laid bare his true nature to these others, and the idea that House Cannith could eaves drop was alarming at least. However, the more likely reason was some ability to tell one quori spirit by another: a dreaming dark agent! Jo promised himself the gnome would die first if a trap was sprung.

Actually, why don't you toss us the scroll? If you are who you say you are, you've no tricks up your sleeve to hide. If the scroll passes the test, we'll go from there.

When/If the gnome passes the test, Jo catches the scroll and hands it to the warforged. He whispers so the rest of the group can hear him Friend, can you discern the true make of this scroll? Where does it send us? Can any of you also scan this, to tell us about this scroll?
    Last edited by fireinthedust; 2008-01-15 at 08:55 PM.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

If the gnome complies, the warforged will be very surprised, but he will examine the scroll to the best of his ability to verify its purpose.

"Even if I can confirm that its a teleportation scroll, that still don't give me a destination. That is determined by the caster."
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-16 at 08:34 AM.
    The Tangled Web

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

"This seems a tad bit convenient for me." Havon quickly whispers to Jo'Natar after he is finished talking to the Gnome. "I've heard talk that many more people than just us saw some sort of vision here in Sharn. I'm sure anyone could had a similar vision to be able to take advantage of us and get their hands on these artifacts. I think we might be best off trying to handle this ourselves."

Havon also carefully watches and listens to gnome to try and determine his true intentions.

Sense Motive Check(1d20+9): (1d20+9)[11]

25. - Top - End - #55

Kobold

(OOC: Sorry all, backtracking a bit. Hopefully it won't change much.)

As the group prepared to leave the shop, Mirror donned his hat and thought about the human disguise he'd worn many times under the streets of Sharn. Once the illusion coalesced around him, Mirror waited for the others to be ready.

Once the others were ready, he followed, but stayed close the the other warforged. He will saying nothing and try to avoid bringing attention to himself. As the group approaches the gnome at the fountain he will continue to keep to himself.

When the scroll is mentioned however, he intently listens to the arguments of his companions before responding. "Why can't the gnome just tell us where the scroll goes?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rolling his eyes in irritation, the gnome responds. "Look, I don't have the time, patience or pay to deal with these kinds of accusations and suspicions. The spell will take us to his warehouse and workroom. I can't tell you where it is because I don't even know where it is, which is why we're Teleporting. Lord Marrix likes his privacy. Suffice it to say that it's in Sharn, but that's as specific as I can be.

And I think I'll keep this to myself, thank you. I've used it several times before and the last thing my day needs is some novice to get it wrong and send us into the Cogs, or on the underside of Skyway."

Havon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As best as you can tell, his motives seem to be genuine and free of duplicity, though he clearly wants the task over and done with as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Xian; 2008-01-16 at 12:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Kobold

"If this Marrix is really concerned with the fate of the world, then perhaps it is he who should come to us rather than send someone else. Pardon my sounding so bold, but if we let you take us to an unknown location, we suddenly lose our advantage and you gain one. I can't see why we would agree to negotiate from a lesser position."

Just when you thought Mirror had made up his mind, he offered a counter-argument to his own suggestion.

"On the other hand, it's no secret between us that the visions brought us here. If there were some other purpose, it seems as though it should be more readily apparent."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

It looks like you are a little short on trust Gnome Rarinn says

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Oh yes, that makes perfect sense. The HEAD of House Cannith come to the commoners instead of the other way around. Maybe King Boranel should be summoned to his subjects as well," grumbles the gnome in exasperation at this suggested defiance of propriety.

((Sense Motive Check. DC 3 - Success detects sarcasm thick enough to clog the fountain. Failure begins contemplation on where to go to send the summons from.))

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"You're one to talk, elf. I've never had such difficulty with a summons before, and my patience has run out. You're going, willingly or not." With that, he unfurls the scroll. Some sort of spell must have been on the scroll itself, as it spreads out to a 5x5 sheet on the ground in front of him, weighted on each corner, much larger than the original size would have indicated. With it occupying the space in front of him, he begins to chant and gesture.