New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deathtrap

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Deathtrap

Shadow Dragon

The Dragon takes a short look at the human on the ground, then dismisses the body from his mind. Climbing over the corpse, he gets a closer look at the kobold. "Thank you for the help.", he says, rubbing at the lumps at his head, under which might possibly be a concussion. He eyes up the short, scaley creature, perhaps in the same way he would one of the smaller sewer rats that wouldn't hiss at him before being eaten swiftly.

Fortunately, the ring he was given made sure he was not very hungry...

Hmm... Cute. "I am not quite sure what is going on. Perhaps you could tell me?", he asks while pulling the scroll out of his gloves, "I could not read this at all."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a good spot roll you can spot the attacker, well hidden in the shadows.

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    you cannot see from your current position, the dragon blocks your view.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    The figure laughs as your charge on him, then a wall of hands rises between you two, grabbing you and stopping your movement.

Ulgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "nonesense" says the one with the dagger "The damn vampire has got to run out of them at some point, then he points at one of the undead.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Looks what I found out" he says in draconic, then says "Change" to the paper, and it all turns into draconic.
    "You jest need to command it in your language and it will change itself. it works for anything that is part of the maze.
    "In total, grab as many keys as possible and run for you life. 1 key will get you and all your friends to level two, 3 keys will get you out alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire? You wanna give me a quick explanation of whats going on here? Ulfgar asks, swinging his axe yet again.

Spoiler
    Show

attack 1: (1d20+18)[28]
    damage 1: (1d10)[3]+(2d6+7)[10]

attack 2: (1d20+13)[17]
    damage 2: (1d10)[2]+(2d6+7)[10]

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

Spoting his nemesis, Ansen yells at him:

"I see you! Come out and fight like a man!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge and attack.

Attack - (1d20+19)[32]
    Damage - (1d12+10)[11]

If charge not possible, cast Shield of faith, granting him +4 deflection bonus to AC, lasting 12 minutes, and move as close as possible.

Spell failure - (1d100)[13]
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #65

Shadow Dragon

The dragon looks curiously over the paper once more, and takes stock of the pictures of the key holders. He looks back up at Tiktik, "There are nine keys, but you do not have any of them. If you accompany me, we may set an ambush for the key holders that make it to the second part of the maze, and collect five keys so we may both leave. If the others in this maze are as easily dispatched as this human, it should be a very simple hunt, yes?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

With a shrug to his strange partner, he points to the dragon's back and then holds up three fingers as if to signal timing for them to coordinate their attacks. If the lycan seems to understand, Phynder will count down with his fingers,

and then he will draw his mace and unleash a blast of energy at the dragon's back if (and only if) he sees the lycan moving in for an attack also.

If the lycan makes no move towards the dragon, Phynder once again shrugs at him, his face saying,

"So, what now?"

If an attack is triggered:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eldritch blast, Vitrolic blast essence

Ranged Touch attack - (1d20+15)[18] (additional +1 if within 30')
    Damage - (8d6)[31] (additional +1 if within 30', not using charge from Warlock's Scepter. Acid damage, no SR)
    Piercer Cloak - (1d6)[4] (additional damage if I am considerd attacking from higher ground)

If the attack misses, and I am within 30' use a swift action to use Ranged Recall to make another attack at -5.

Ranged Recall Attack - (1d20+10)[26] (additional +1 if within 30')
    Damage - (8d6)[36] (additional +1 if within 30', not using charge from Warlock's Scepter. Acid damage, no SR)
    Piercer Cloak - (1d6)[3] (additional damage if I am considerd attacking from higher ground)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

Cael tries to break free with Broddie's help.

Spoiler
    Show

How exactly should I break free?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "One of the bunch is a vampire that raises zombies that look jest like him" say the man with an incredible speed as both of you drop yet another undead, the caster is getting into trouble.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why should I? I am no man." says a voice, as you get a few daggers stuck in you while you charge, dealing you 22 damage, while hitting target you see she is actually a girl, and cant be over fifteen.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I wish." says the kobold "Very few here are as dumb or as weak as this human. but its worth a shot."

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see the lycan changing gloves, then he runs with no sound to the dragon, striking him down with weird magical glow, at the same time your magic hits the lizard, but he jest turns to you and STARE at you. you can see blood dripping from his jaws, as his scales quickly turn gray.

Fort save please.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its auto-brake. it only stops your charge, nothing more. very low power spell.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-01-14 at 08:23 AM.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"What's a kid like you doing here? You should be home, holding your mother's skirt."

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack, with two points of power attack.

Attack 1 - (1d20+15)[34]
    Damage 1 - (1d12+14)[24]

Attack 2 - (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage 2 - (1d12+14)[19]
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude Save - (1d20+8)[11]

For bookkeeping purposes, did the first attack hit and apparently had no effect? Or was the first a miss, and the Ranged Recall attack hit and apparently had no effect? Only asking as Ranged Recall can only be used 3/day.

Also, did the lycan's attack seem to harm the dragon/lizard-thing at all?

Spellcraft - (1d20+9)[21] (To possibly determine the effect from the lycan's gloves)

Will post with next actions depending on the results of the Fort save.

11. - Top - End - #71

Shadow Dragon

"Then let's go." commands the dragon as he turns around and walks over the humans corpses and through his door. He does not slow down his pace at first for the slower kobold, but stops occasionally to let him catch up. He does not mind taking a slower, more leasurely pace, secure in the thought he and his companion are the first to explore the area behind the doors.

"What has brought you down here, my friend?", he asks of Tiktik. "I know I was captured, caged, then sent here. I believe they had some statement as to 'why', but I could not understand what they said. Did they treat you any differently? Do you know why they do this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Exploring the second area in semi-random fashion, unless the kobold has some suggestion as to the final door out.
    Spot - (1d20+15)[19]
    Listen - (1d20+15)[23]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The kid takes the hits, but don't show any emotion. moves quickly back, far faster hen you can. then throws two dagger at you, one hits for 15 damage, and the other goes right next to your ear.

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    I never said they have no effect. but only the recoil hit.

In any way, your failed throw led to some unpleasnt side-effect, like taking 11 damage and being knocked backwords. (20 ft, you are now prone.)

The gloves are some anti-dragon magic effect, you can be sure what it does, but the dragon's blood lits it up.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The kobold says "Well, I killed a few of their people, they didn't seem to like that. humans hate things that hurt humans, or anything that human own."
    He looks to the sides and says in a whisper "I figured out how to know the final doors, but I'll have to see them first."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO, if possible when she leaves the threatened square.

Attack - (1d20+17)[21]
    Damage - (1d12+10)[14]

I'm guessing she is now out of reach for standard move-attack combo, so once again charge and attack. If she can be reached in a single move action, you roll full atack for me. Once again, two points of power attack, in any case.

Attack - (1d20+17)[30]
    Damage - (1d12+14)[26]

Also, after the attack is finished, Ansen will try to appraise the condition she is in. Is she looking very hurt, any signs of heavy breathing, the likes. I'm guessing Heal check would be most appropriate for this, if any, so I'll roll on Heal.

Heal - (1d20+10)[12]

If she is looking very hurt, Ansen will try to make her surrender and tell her he will let her go with her life, IF she gives him all the potions she has on her person. If she has no potions, half of her daggers that are left to her instead. Diplomacy, since he means it.

Diplomacy - (1d20+16)[26]

If she has, however, wihdrawnwhich I doubt, since she attacked in the same turn, but just to be sure I cowered all the possibilities), cast Shield of faith, +4 to AC, 12 minutes, move as close as possible.

Spell failure - (1d100)[52]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

Cael continues his march towards the figure. "ROAR", Broddie seems to a agree with the sentiment.

Spoiler
    Show

Broddie:
    Attack: (1d20+17)[26], extra +2 if charge is possible.
    Damage: (3d5+15)[24]
    In case of crit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirm: (1d20+17)[23]
    Damage:
    (3d5+15)[20]
    (3d5+15)[22]

Cael:
    Claw: (1d20+16)[36], extra +2 if charge is possible.
    Damage: (1d6+10)[12]
    Improved grad starting a grapple if a claw hits:
    Grapple check: (1d20+20)[23] (+9 str, +4 size)
    In case of crit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirm: (1d20+16)[33]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[15]

Last edited by Powerfamiliar; 2008-01-14 at 02:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Shadow Dragon

"Then let's finish exploring so we may exit quickly when we're ready.", the dragon says, stopping beside the kobold. "Perhaps you should ride me so we can search at a faster pace?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Will begin moving at 90ft movement speed when/if the kobold hops on and continue as before. He'll stop if he see's any kind of door, of if the kobold urges him to stop.

Hopefully, he's making spot checks too.
    Spot - (1d20+15)[18]
    Listen - (1d20+15)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

[ooc] Ok, the way you said "he just turns and stares", I thought it had no effect. Having been knocked down, did I fall from the ceiling? [/ooc]

Not bothering to get up, 5 images of the warlock point his mace at the dragon and unleash a slightly more powerful blast of energy at the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Vitriolic Blast, Swift Action to use 1 charge from Warlock's Scepter
    Ranged Touch - (1d20+16)[31] (point blank bonus included)
    Acid Damage - (9d6)[31] (no SR)

Continuation Damage - (2d6)[5] (continuous damage from last round)

If attack misses, use Ranged Recall to make another attack at -5
    Ranged Touch - (1d20+11)[31] (point blank bonus included)
    Acid Damage - (9d6)[27] (no SR)

As his energy flies at the beast, he gets to his feet and asks the lycan, somewhat annoyedly,

"That certainly doesnt look like a red dragon to me. I didnt think they came in grey..."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Ulfgar heads towards the caster, taking out a zombie that is attacking him.

Spoiler
    Show

attack: (1d20+18)[19]
    damage: (1d10)[1]+(2d6+7)[16]

Go Tigers!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    the AoO missed, but the charge hit.
    Unfortunatly she is still fine to fight, and keeps fighting like crazy, tossing a mass of shurikens at you dealing a total of 32 damage.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wizard falls down from the mass of attacks, dying or dead. but not before he manages to strike you down with a spell.

Will save please. you take 23 damage and you are slowed unless you make a DC 25 will save, then you will take only 11 damage, ant no slow

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    With him on your back you move alot quicker.
    After a while he screams you to look out.
    Take 22 damage. reflex 20 for half.

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You don't say?" he says in a sadistic voice as the dragon's scales turn yellow, he shoots you both with some sort of lightning bolt.
    Reflex save please.

((ooc: don't you LOVE the weird monsters I dig up for you?))

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    And another zombie is down, seems a little too easy.
    Then you get struck at your back, taking 13 damage. nasty zombies.
    The caster fireballs the area. you might want a reflex save. 84 damage. DC 18 for half.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

(dont forget, the spell have a chance to fail effecting me due to magical Shunt.)

Ref: (1d20+3)[9]

if i dont make it, then i use Magical Shunt's other effect. a DC 20+immortal level (28) concentration check to delay the effects. its a full round action, so i'll take only a 5 foot step toward the wizard this turn.

Concentration check: (1d20+17)[19]

dang. well, there went my luck with the rollers.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-01-15 at 05:55 AM.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Why did you do that? maybe you misunderstood it?
    The concentration check is to remove the shunt's effect for a rorund.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

Cael gives the mage a few more thwacks to make sure it's dead, and keeps using his blindsense to make sure no one else is near. He will then go back to his regular human form, pull out a wand and use it on himself twice, before putting it away. Once healed and assured no one is nearby he will order Broddie to stand guard while he searches the corpse. Once that is finished he will check out the passage where the caster was hiding behind the illusory wall, if it seems to be a dead end he will continues the way he was heading originally.

Spoiler
    Show

Will save: (1d20+20)[33]
    used to charges of wand of lesser vigor, healing 30 hp, takes about 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Powerfamiliar; 2008-01-15 at 07:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex Save - (1d20+10)[12]

Waiting to see how this "round" falls out before deciding actions for next time.

23. - Top - End - #83

Shadow Dragon

The dragon puts his claws out and slides across the floor on them as he attempts to stop. He cringes as he is hit by something, and makes a few steps forward afterwards to make sure he isn't standing at the same spot. He looks over to his bleeding shoulder and licks the wound while it closes.

Once it closes, he presses on at the same pace, keeping an additional eye out for any more traps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save (1d20 11=27)

Spot - (1d20+15)[32]
    Listen - (1d20+15)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"You fight well. Who taught you that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, full attack.

Attack 1 - (1d20+17)[19]
    Damage 1 - (1d12+10)[22]

Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[24]
    Damage 2 - (1d12+10)[19]

In case any of them is a critical:

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1 - (1d20+17)[31]
    Damage 1 - (1d12+10)[15]

Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage 2 - (1d12+10)[19]

[ooc]Once again I'll ask you what have I gotten myself into? She is still looking fine after all that mauling? Jesus, 'tis not normal! Also, I hope you haven't forgotten the CON damage. If any of the above hits hits her she has lost six points of constitution, which is a major drop.[/ooc]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Why did you do that? maybe you misunderstood it?
    The concentration check is to remove the shunt's effect for a rorund.
    my mistake, i read the ability wrong.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

ALL: I am sorry, but posting will be slowed for awhile as my computer got wasted.

Cale:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other then his robe and spellbook he has nothing. please wait for game continue for others to chatch up.

Phynder:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A ball of lightning strikes you, dealing 24 damage. next round?

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: who says she is effected by that?))
    In any way, this time you miss both. but she does not attack at all, standing defence.

mf11-take action.

shadow dragon-please stand by.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Ulfgar backs up to the caster, standing to his right, and attacks any zombie that trys to attack the caster or himself.

Spoiler
    Show

attack: (1d20+18)[36]
    damage: (1d10)[2]+(2d6+7)[18]

Go Tigers!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Grimacing with the pain of the electricity, the warlock tries to gauge the effectiveness of his and the lycan's attacks.

[ooc] Does the rainbow dragon appear to be hurt by the lycan's claws? Is it reacting to the acid on it? Was the lycan caught in the electricity blast? Is the dragon attacking the lycan with it's claws and whatnot? [/ooc]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

COMPUTER OFFICIALLY FIXED!

Phynder:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As said, you were BOTH struck by lightning, but the dragon appears to be effected by the lycan's claws.

Ulfgar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    another hit, but the time there is no kill, the zombie reacts in an unusual matter and makes a wierd face at you, attempting a strike yet misses.

Ansen, action?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got some very exotic opponents to fight you, so dont think that con damage will get you by everything.

shadow dragon and cale-jest one more round by phynder, ulfgar and ansen.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-01-19 at 02:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]Wasn't really expecting that, but was still hoping for it [/ooc]

Seeing his opponent stand guard, Ansen also stands his guard and asks the girl:

"Why have you stoped? You were doing more than well. What's stoping you now?"

Total defense, wait for her reaction. I think this is mostly useless, but I'll try both knowledge checks to see if she is anything other than human.

K. religion - (1d20+6)[18]
    K. arcana - (1d20+6)[14]

Also, spot check to spot anything unusual on her.

Spot - (1d20+5)[9]