Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deathtrap

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deathtrap

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Not having any other decent options for dealing with a dragon, the warlock again turns to his Eldritch Blast and considers having the blast follow through and strike the lycan as well, but decides against that course of action for now. His scepter raises, and he draws from its power once again, uneasy with using so much so soon, but better alive and drained than full of energy and dead...

2nd round of 1st blast's continuation damage (2d6)[6]
    1st round of 2nd blast's continuation damage (2d6)[7]

Ranged Touch - (1d20+16)[28]
    Damage - (9d6)[25] (+1 from Point Blank)

Again, if the attack misses I will use Ranged Recall. I'm assuming the initial blast hit the second time with no need for using the Ranged Recall ability again.

Ranged Touch - (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage - (9d6)[30]

Currently at 71/99 HP assuming this is now the third round. Lesser Vigor still active healing 2 points thus far, and energy resistance accounted for 5 of the 25 electricity damage.

Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-01-19 at 03:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the odd reaction, Uflgar calls out to the others "I've found someone who isn't undead!" before slicing into him again.

Spoiler
    Show

attack 1: (1d20+18)[23]
    damage 1: (1d10)[3]+(2d6+7)[14]

attack 2: (1d20+13)[19]
    damage 2: (1d10)[7]+(2d6+7)[14]
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-01-20 at 11:04 AM.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry for the delay, let the bloodsports continue!

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately you only have a minute before you run into another. this time some sort of fire-ortinated creature. having a humanoid shape yet coal black skin and hair of flame he is something you have never seen before. he didn't seem to notice you yet. (range-55 ft.)

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some wandering around leads you to a simple thought-you are going in circles, and there is not a turn or a path you have yet to take. you are missing something in here.

Uflgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Nice job!" calls the dagger user, as he takes yet another zombie down. and the mage replies by fireballing the entire area.
    damage 62, DC 22 for half.
    You own attacks proves useless, and the mage is slain by some ray casted by that (not?) undead.

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    At yet another change of colors he goes to red,using his breath of fire to strike you both for 37 damage. a DC 20 ref save can make it 18.
    On the other hand you manage to strike yet again (original shot), and your lycan ally seems to be more interested in keeping alive then striking the dragon, his attacks are highly defensive.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, but these checks will provide nothing. you could get info from bardic knowledge, but you don't have it.
    However you mange to notice a simple fact, many wounds but no blood.
    In any way she responds "I rather fight on the defensive side." as she prepares her weapons into another storm of blades that might be thrown on you. but you cant figure where are all these daggers and shurikens are coming from, only that this time she holds at each hand a dagger and 4 shurikens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

Shhh Cael motions to Broddie as he casts a spell, and suddenly they both vanish. As soon as he vanishes Cael begins to cast a second spell, Broddie just waits near his master.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Greater Invisibility Shared with Broddie.On his next turn Cael will begins to cast Summon monster 5, using a 4th level slot thanks to ring of the beast. He will summon (1d3)[3] Brown Bears if there is space, or 1 single polar bear if not.

Broddie is redying a standard action to use Cometary Collision if the monster attempts to charge either himself or his master.

Broddie Attack if necessary: (1d20+20)[28] (+2 from charge, +2 from invisible, opponent gets no dex to AC). Damage: (3d6+17)[30] (+4 from collision).

In case of crit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+20)[40]
    Damage: (3d6+17)[26]
    Damage: (3d6+17)[26]

Cometary Collision: You can ready a standard action to use this feat when an opponent charges you or any other target. At any point during your opponent’s charge, you can charge him. In place of the normal charge benefits, you gain +2 on your attack roll and +4 on your damage roll. Your foe loses the benefits of charging (but not the penalties) but can still attack you. If the target charged someone else, he can choose to instead attack you. You take the standard –2 penalty to AC for charging.

If you cannot move at least 10 feet or cannot charge due to terrain or other factors, you do not gain this feat’s benefit. In either case, you

Cael: Greater Invisible, AC: 25, HP: 110
    Broddie: Greater Invisible, AC: 33 (-2 if he charges), HP: 154
    Last edited by Powerfamiliar; 2008-01-22 at 09:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex Save DC 20 - (1d20+10)[13]
    Energy Resistance negates 5 Fire damage.

Is the dragon attacking the lycan in melee and shooting breath weapons every round?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shadow Dragon

Growling softly, the dragon once more slows down his pace, this time to take a more thorough look at what he was wondering by. He bucks the riding kobold, signaling him to dismount. "We appear to have missed something; Help me search so we may continue."

Spoiler
    Show
    Having the Kobold Aid Another; Subtract 2 if he rolls less then 10
    Search - (1d20+17)[30]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

noticing his attacks failing to do anything, Ulfgar addresses the dagger weilder. What were you planning on doing now that we've found this vampire huh? it doesn't seem like were hurting it that badly!" he asks, before slashing at it once again.

Spoiler
    Show

reflex save: (1d20+3)[13]

attack 1: (1d20+18)[31]
    damage 1: (1d10)[2]+(2d6+7)[11]

attack 2: (1d20+13)[20]
    damage 2: (1d10)[2]+(2d6+7)[11]

can i get a brief description of where everyone is in relation to each other? I was under the impression that i was next to the spellcaster, putting me out of the area of his fireballs. Also, knowing where the dagger weilder and vamp are would help to set up flanking and such. thanks.

Go Tigers!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

Spoiler
    Show
    Keeping up the Full defense, while talking to her.

"He wasn't very diplomatic. Would you perhaps care more for an allie?" With that, he gestures at dead paladin. "I still have some healing magic, we can share it beetwen us. And beetwen your fighting abilities and my magic we would get much further together, rather than alone. What say you?"

Diplomacy - (1d20+16)[36]
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Cale
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before you manage to reach him he says "I know you are there. I can feel your heat.
    keep charging?

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, he uses breath on you both, as stated before.
    In any way the dragon now shifts to black. action?

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    A reasonable check reveals that in many places the floor is brakeable, each is marked with a small, yet different carving.

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show

You are the center or the area.
    Dagger dude is 10 ft. west
    Vampire next to you east.
    Mage 50 ft. north.
    You came from south.

In any way, the dagger dude says "simple." as the tosses some bag at the vampire. a golden dust burst out, and the vampire react badly, and unable to stop your blows, even as they do nearly nothing.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What can you do for me?" she asks, clearly thinking about your offer, yet not too keen to agree, she maintains her full combat preparation. "Your healing is little to nothing for me, I am unliving, not living, not dead, not undead."

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael
    Cael finishes his invisibility spell, but doesn't begins his new one, instead speaking to the creature. "And I can just see you the old fashioned way. I believe you are also keyless, or are you just part of this maze?" Broddie remains ready to charge in case of aggression.

Spoiler
    Show

Neither Cale or Broddie were attempting to charge. Broddie has a readied action in case the creature charges to charge back, thanks to his feat, but wasn't going to charge in any other situation.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

"So he can't do anything, but that doesn't mean we can. Unless you have an ace or two up your sleeve then I suggest we get out of here.

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, we can kill it, jest need to make sure it wont kill us first, and that dust should do the trick." says the dagger dude, then he takes out another bag "And this dust will remove his defenses." he adds as he tosses it as well.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Keyless indeed. but that can be fixed once I meet someone who has one." says the creature "Besides, the maze is quite weird, I didn't figure it all out yet but this area we are in cannot be much bigger then a 300 square ft."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

"I haven't had much time to inspect the maze, had a bit of an illusionist problem." Cael laughs as does Broddie. " Sadly he was also keyless. You on the other hand seem a lot more...civil. 300 ft? hmm, how big do you imagine this whole maze to be?"

Spoiler
    Show

Cael has now relaxed his guard, but Broddie is still ready to use Cometary collision.
    Last edited by Powerfamiliar; 2008-01-24 at 03:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

Spoiler
    Show
    "You are an interesting creature indeed, that much I saw. Perhaps we can talk about that when we get out of this maze. I think you will agree with me that together we stand better chances then separated. You have already proven your worth as a fighter to me, and I hope I have done the same. Apart from that, I have magic left that could benefit both of us, together or only one of us at a time. I hope that makes a erason good enought for you. Healing is not the only thing I can do."

Another diplomacy, if needed, thou I think that previous check was bound to be good enought to say something. Also, keeping the Full defense up the whole time.

Diplomacy - (1d20+16)[31]
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Ulfgar smiles as the dust hits the vampire. Well now, if thats the case, then lets put this bloodsucker back in the ground. Though I hope you have a stake or something, cause i left all mine at home unfortunately.

Spoiler
    Show

Ulfgar unleashes a full attack on the vampire.
    attack 1: (1d20+18)[19]
    damage 1:(1d10)[4]+(2d6+7)[14]
    attack 2: (1d20+13)[17]
    damage 2: (1d10)[1]+(2d6+7)[14]

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #106

Shadow Dragon

After short hesitation, the dragon begins bashing at the breakable floors until creating a space great enough for his head. He takes a quick look down, and if nothing of interest is spotted, moves on to the next floor and does the same.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack is +19, Damage is 1d8+7, and strength is +7 for all floor-breaking actions. Spot is +15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    "At least twenty times that size." says the creature, suddenly a hole opens in the roof, and you can see a purple draconic face looking at you. "This explains some things" adds the firey creature you are talking to.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While you seem to be no use to me..." says the girl "You can do no harm as an ally, and fighting you is a useless waste of resources. I'll work with you, for now." then she puts half of her weapons away.

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    This set of attacks seems to be more effective then the last. however the vampire does manage to raise acounterattack, dealing you 52(!!) damage with his hand, enchanted by some unholy power.
    A swift cut from the dagger dude and a ray from the caster takes down the creature of darkness. and the dagger dude asks "Now what?" aiming his dagger at you.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a few attempt you encounter an intresting event. a coal-black humanoid with hair of flame is standing there, talking to another human and some big ape is standing next to him. they seem to notice you.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-01-26 at 02:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Shadow Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

The shadow dragon pulls his head away from the hole he had made, seeing no match between the humans there and the few on the paper. He turns to Tiktik, "There are three humans down there, and one of them is very big and covered in hair. I do not think any of them have keys, but they may know I have one. We should head forward some and prepare."

The small dragon takes a quick leap over the small hole, indicating for the kobold to follow. He heads down the passage for one hundred feet before turning around to Tiktik. "I will hide here in the stone, how shall you hide?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Shall use Ring of Meld into Stone to hide provided the kobold has some means to hide as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

Cael stares back at the head as long as it doesn't move, and notifies Broddie of its presence, while taking a defensive stance. He then speaks to the fiery creature: "Do...do yo u see this?" he will add "though the roof." if it seems the fiery creature doesn't. If the head, and the body surely to follow, moves trough the hole Cael will warn it to stand back, hes never been particularly brave around dragons, even if this one might have a key.
    Last edited by Powerfamiliar; 2008-01-26 at 06:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"Well, I guess I'll just have to prove my worth to you as we go. Mind telling me your name so I know with who I got the pleasure to work with? I'm Ansen. And I'm interested what you did to get yourself here. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to get the key from that corpse."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ansen will take 20(total result 21) on Search check to examine the corpse of the paladin. If he doesn't find anything he'll ask the girl to do the same. He will then heal himself.

Cure critical wounds - (4d8+12)[23]
    Spell failure - (1d100)[82]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

King_of_GRiffins I did not quite understand what you were doing.

anyway, update tomorrow, waiting for the other 2 for a little time.

22. - Top - End - #112

Spoiler
    Show
    The dragon is heading down the hall 100 feet, and hiding in the wall as long as Tiktik also has a means to hide. If Tiktik does not, he'll take a moment longer to think, and then give TikTik an order before changing or resuming his own action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

King_of_GRiffins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    so you do NOT go down there right? you stay at your level?

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    King_of_GRiffins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    so you do NOT go down there right? you stay at your level?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that is correct. He does not go down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, waiting fair enough.

*white key changes hands* echoes the message in your heads. quickly followed by several others *Black key changes hands* *Yellow key changes hands* *Blue key changes hands*
    You hear the voice of the king "Now with over half the keys in the hands of competitors the contest will really improve.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    After your quick movement the kobold notes "I can't cast that spell again brother. but I got my tricks." then he casts a spell that turns him invisible.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature notes "This was certainly a dragon, not sure what kind.", as the head goes away

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My name?" she asks "I have no need for such."

While looting the body you find the white key and claim it to yourself. except that he has an amulet, his sword and his incredibly heavy armor. nothing else is visible.
    The girl does not seem to find anything as well.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Ulfgar sits leans on his axe. Well, I see three things that can happen. 1, we can all go our seperate ways. Not sure what you killed the vampire for, but i just happened to stumble on the fight and really have no claim in the spoils. This would be neither a big advantage or disadvantage for you. We could go ahead and duke it out here, which would drain us all of resources, and be a very large disadvantage for us. Or we could join up and look for these damn keys together. Three people make it out of here, and we just happen to have three people here. That seems like the best course of action to me.

((Boomwolf, i'm assuming everytime i post and u respond is 1 round? or if there is more (or less) time between each post, could you let me know so i can heal accordingly? its hard to keep up with my fast healing during downtime like this, as its not measured in rounds. Thanks))

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

((A post is normally 1 round, I will notify otherwise.))

PLAYERS! wake up! actions please!

28. - Top - End - #118

Shadow Dragon

Spoiler
    Show
    The Shadow Dragon stays dead still within the stone, however unnecessary it was to do so. He watches, and waits to see if either of the humanoids he spotted decide to follow after him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

More than little surprised, Ansen looks at his new ally and asks her:

"You have no name? Then, how do you know when you're being reffered to? More importantly, how am I supposed to call you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pick up amulet and sword, trying to appraise them.

Appraise - (1d20+1)[7]
    Appraise - (1d20+1)[16]

"Any particular direction where we should go now? I haven't had a chance to explore much before I was attacked by you two."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

"Well that was odd. Seemed like on of the key holders to me." As the keys begin to change hand. "Ha!, it seems combat is taking place all over right now." He stays quiet thinking for a moment. "..well I see no reason for hostilities between us. I'll be off to hunt one of the key holders. if you wish to join I'm sure finding 2 keys as a team could be easier than one by yourself, If not well good luck hunting." Cael keeps moving forward, still wary of the creature. This time his will actively try and track whoever went through this passage last.

Spoiler
    Show

Track: (1d20+21)[41]