Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deathtrap

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deathtrap

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you quickly come into conclusion you best team-up, and jest in time, some sort of humanoid machine brakes out of one of the walls, quickly followed by another one.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the shadows you lurk, but the humans do not seem to follow.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Call me girl, call me wind, I care little" says the girl, her tune makes her statement sound very real.
    The only thing you understand about the items is that they look expensive, and both are charged with positive energy, and lots of it. (I rolled the needed dice for you.)

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature does not answer, but he seem to start following you with a calm (wrote clam by mistake :P) pace.
    While your track was very good the creature's own prints seem to make quite a disturbance by ashing the entire area, you can tell that at least 5 creatures went through the area, but the paths split and rejoin quite often, as mazes do.
    The creature notes "Ya know? this maze is not stable. I am pretty sure the walls don't stay still in here."

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Noting the dragon's shift to black, and the lycan's lack of attempts to actually harm the dargon, Phyndar decides on a new strategy. He once again relies on his Eldritch Blast, but this time he causes the Blast to jump from the Dragon to the Lycan.

Attack 1 on Dragon

Ranged Touch - (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage - (8d6+1)[34]

If attack missed, use Ranged Recall to attack again.

Ranged Touch - (1d20+16)[18]
    Damage - (8d6+1)[33]

Eldritch Chain, second attack on Lycan

Ranged Touch - (1d20+16)[32]
    Damage - (8d6+1)[27]

If attack missed, use Ranged Recall to attack again.

Ranged Touch - (1d20+16)[34]
    Damage - (8d6+1)[33]

Yelling out in mock surprise, Phynder pleads with the Lycan

"Black dragon's have some affinity for acid, it is doing something to my attacks, kill it quickly!"

Bluff - (1d20+13)[15]

Edit - If initial attank missed the dragon, there is no chain to the secondary target, and he would not have made the claim about the attack or tried the bluff check.

Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-01-30 at 04:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Ulfgar moves to stand next to the caster (so as to be out of the area of effect of any fireballs or other AoE spells) and readies an action to attack any of the machines that gets into one of his threated squares.

Spoiler
    Show

if an attack is triggered:
    attack: (1d20+18)[28]
    damage: (1d10)[4]+(2d6+7)[12]
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-01-30 at 07:31 PM.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

"Arghh, just how in the hells am I supposed to find anyone in this place, if the maze keeps changing!" he tries to calm down. "Well we at least know about 5 have been through here, given the amount of time that has elapsed since this thin began they can't be very far." He turns to the fiery creature. "Do you have any means of finding others? Seemed to find me easily enough while invisible."

Unless something peculiar happens Cael will try to follow any specific set of tracks for as long as he can.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"Very well. I don't wish to start the fight again. If you prefer thusly, I can oblige. Wind indeed sounds like a good choice. Matches your speed. Now... this items look like they are expensive, but they radiate the aura that I'm not too fond of. You want any of them, they're yours. As for now, my other question still stands? Do you know where could we go from here? This maze is unknown to me, but perhaps you already familiarized yourself with it."

Spoiler
    Show
    If Wind picks any of the items Ansen won't try to stop her. If she however doesn't, he will put them in backpack and tow them along, in case any traps could be triggered with them. He will let Wind lead the way, but will be vary of her. Roll Sense motive at +5 every so often.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You bastard!" screams the lycan as he stabs the dragon's eye off. then he backs away from him, clearly unsure who to attack.
    The dragon on the other hand seems to be focused on the lycan, but the new claws of his now golden form misses.

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, this sucks." the mage mutters as he draws out a shortsword "These badgers are immune to magic."
    Nobody seem to make the first move.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Heatvision" mutters the creature as you look around. "In any case I think we jest need to walk around and we will eventually reach somewhere.
    As that is said you hear some weird metalic voice coming from the floor.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Actually I think I got the hang of it" she says, the focuses for a moment and you see the maze around you change "Its all in our heads. the path changes according to what will be most entertaining for the crowd, and what you most rather avoid. but If you don't know it it wont change when you are looking."

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

Can I get an idea on whether either or both of my attacks hit? And maybe how injured each of the combatants looks?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Silly me.
    The dragon has dodged both strikes, but the lycan took the first.

Your lycan "ally" is in bad shape, the dragon, hard to tell as he keep changing shapes.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

"Seems like walking around won't be necessary." Cael and Broddie take defensive positions, and try to move out of the way of the incoming voice.

Spoiler
    Show

Just waiting until the source of the voice gets closer.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"Most interestig indeed. So you're saying that we can change this maze according to our wishes? Or does this only work for the king and the crowd, making our lives harder?"

At that, he tries concentrating and chaning the walls according to his wishes.

I want to find a way to second level. Show me a way to second level.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

"Immune to magic? great. So what exactly are they anyway?" Ulfgar asks, switching his axe for his bow.

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    The noise comes closer any second, and you start hearing it from the walls too. by you assumption it will reach you in a few seconds.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Actually, it does anything we hope that will not happen" says wind, "So you might want to keep these thought off your head."
    You can see a wall moving, revealing some sort of machine that loots like a large troll. wind responds by "damn, messed up that one."

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Beats me" says the mage "I only see an anti-magic aura surrounding their body."
    The dagger dude is also depressed, saying "You don't think these two breath by any chance do you? my powders will have no effect."
    The machines remain still, examining you.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

As I mentioned in my post, if the attacks completely missed the dragon, then there is no chain attack to the lycan.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"Remind me to let you operate this thing from now on. What now, attack this thing?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting for Wind to take action, ready action to charge if she moves to engage the machine in combat. Pehaps K.(arcana) check to see if I know anything about it?

[roll=K.(arcana)]1d20+6[/roll]

EDIT: I'm not sure what's the problem with roll. If it was even useful, roll it instead of me.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2008-02-02 at 07:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    Correction-it SHOULD not happen. but it did. or in other words, the dragon really did something to your blast. he got some interesting class levels.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The machine appears to be some sort of golem, the entire mechanic part is there jest for show. (huzza for nat. 20.)

Winds says "I have no clue what IS that thing anyway. what do you think?" The machine does not move an inch.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

Cael turns to Broddie and the fire creature. "I assume you all heard that, but it seems something big and metallic is about to run into us." Unsure about what exactly is coming towards them, Cael simply waits, Broddie grips his axe ready fro battle.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shadow Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

Patiently waiting to spring his trap, the dragon sits within the stone. Having only one direction of sense in the downward direction was slightly frustrating, and half a minute of no activity in his small field was enough to drive him crazy.

Perhaps this ring is not the ultimate boon I had thought it was. Better save it for more dire situations... Or quicker traps.

"Is there any activity?"

"None that I can tell."

With that answer, the dragon pops out from the stone and begins padding back over to the hole he say the humans from and looks about. It seems they left... They may not have recognized me."

Turning away, he heads back down the hallway and begins breaking more of the floors, waiting again to see something interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Ulfgar nocks an arrow, drawing his bow back, before addressing the odd creatures. "What and who are you, and why are you here?" He readies to release the arrow at any sign of hostility.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"It appears to be some sort of golem. I don't know how much you know of them, but they are not excatly the easiest opponet to beat. Pehaps we should look for another way around?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]How big does this golem look? Medium, large?[/ooc]

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I'm late, I'm kina sick.

Cael
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Tnx, forgot to mention I'm deaf." says the creature following you, as a mechanical snake burst out of the floor, its big, really big. it's head is at the same hight as yours yet his body goes deeper then the hole he made.
    The mechanical beast attempts to spit acid at you, but misses.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite quickly you see a room that appears to have no doors, yet there is plenty of things tossed on the floor.

Ulfgar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are the guardians" they answer, this time weapons start to unfold in them, these guys are heavily armed.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't think we can, this maze will follow us around" answers wind.
    That "troll" is a large creature, as stated before.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

"you said they were immune to magic. Does that include the magic of my weapons, or just the magic that you summon?" Ulfgar whispers to the wizard at his side. He turns back to these "guardians" "Guardians of what, if I may ask? You may be getting ready to attack us because your guarding something we have no interest in, and that would be quite unfortunate for both sides." Ulfgar keeps his bow nocked and aimed at the one who has been speaking, still ready to loose an arrow if provoked.

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #142

Shadow Dragon

Curious about the messy room, the dragon shortly considers jumping down. There was one key nobody had, and a room like this just might have it. Breaking open the floor a bit more, he beckons the kobold onto his back and glides down into the room to give it a thorough search.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search - (1d20+15)[29]

Spot - (1d20+15)[19]
    Listen - (1d20+15)[34]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Cael

"Destroy this thing!" orders Cael at Broddie, as he begins to cast a spell. Both Broddie and Cael grow stronger and tougher, and their faces become boar like. Broddie then swings away at the metallic creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Bite of the wereboar, sharing it with Broddie. (+4 Str, +6 Con, +8 nat armor (replacing the +5 from barksin), a bite attack, and blindfight.

Broddie charges is possible, if not normal attack:
    Attack: (1d20+18)[31], extra +2 if charge is possible.
    Damage: (3d6+16)[29]
    In case of crit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirm: (1d20+18)[26], extra +2 if charge is possible.
    Damage:
    (3d6+16)[25]
    (3d6+16)[29]

Stats:
    Cael: AC: 28, HP: 110+36 temp from +6 con.
    Broddie: AC: 36 (-2 of charging), HP: 154 +30 temp from +6 con.
    Last edited by Powerfamiliar; 2008-02-05 at 11:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Ansen

"Perhaps we could just sneak by it then. I'm really not in the mood for fighting it. You know anything about traps? Perhaps there is something that springs him into life, like a block of floor when walked on. If you could find it we could perhaps just sneak by it."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Phynder

Spoiler
    Show

[ooc] Riiiiight, a color changing dragon with class levels that can deflect/redirect eldritch blasts that miss their intended target. /eyeroll [/ooc]

Perturbed at the current turn of events, the warlock offers a friendly wave to the Lycan,

"You're on your own with this one pal, I signed on for a Red dragon"

Moving back the direction they came through, he moves through the door and closes it behind him.

First action will be to use Walk Unseen, then get back up to the cieling and get far away from that ruckus, then I will begin applying my wand of Lesser Vigor judiciously until healed, or disturbed.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems like my post from yesterday did not show up.
    wierd.

Anyway.

Ulfgar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No clue actually." says the mage, "I jest know my spells are useless."
    The guardians don't speek any more, but begins to humm, not sure why or how.

Shadow Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    you quickly find that under the piles of junk you can see the rainbow key, but some sort of cage is around it, you could open it with ease.
    There is some inscription of that cage.

Besides that you find 2 magic scrolls, a sword and some arrows, everything else is clearly junk.

Ansen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I assume we could." says wind, but the moment you turn away it starts moving after you. still taking no hostile action.

Phynder
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, this beast is mostly made of WOTC class levels. only edited 2 class abilities for him and everything else is books, and the edited abilities are also minor edits. I can tell you his info after game end.

The lycan responds before you get out "Damn you! help me here!"
    I will assume you don't care right?

In that case you hear the fight going on, and after awhile the lycan gets to where you are, but seem to fail to detect you this time, but he is looking.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Well thats great. Hmm...think we could either run or stall a bit more? my wounds are healing, but not quite fast enough Ulfgar says, glacing down at his still scraped up body. Give me about a minute and a half though, and i'll be good as new and we can kill these things.

Go Tigers!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

((Cael was skipped ))

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Powerfamiliar View Post
    ((Cael was skipped ))
    ((whoopsiee!))

Spoiler
    Show

Broddie charges, only to be blocked by another snake that shoots himself off the wall, stopping him at his place, and forcing in 22 damage.

As a third snake comes up from a wall behind you the firey creature gives it some well-aimed kicks. saying "Clockwork hydra. haven't seen one for eons. wonder where he found it?"

30. - Top - End - #150

Shadow Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

Not seeing much value in anything else but the key, he leaves it up to Tiktik to see if the items are worth dragging along. He eyes the rainbow key's cage suspiciously, once more thwarted by his lack of reading skills. He waves a paw and calls the kobold over, pointing to the inscription, "What do you make of this friend?"
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2008-02-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.