New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoils of War

1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Spoils of War

(Yeah, I couldn't find egg prices, even in the Draconomicon--although paging through the PDF version is harder than the dead-trees one--I need to get that back from Audrey sometime!)

(And would Desc consider taking the egg as his full "share" of the treasure, but "buying" the bag of flames from the group? It's only like 3k. And I think it's an awesome idea to use that for incubation. It was totally not intended.)
    Last edited by Argante; 2008-01-20 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Wrong name, gaaah!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

(Does the egg even fit inside the Bag of Flames?

I suppose that's an option - that the eggs count for the entiriety of our shares, and whichever items Desc and I want come out of Marco's payment.)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

(Okay, presuming the 7000 for each egg, the per person share is 18573 gold (and 3 silver). This does not include the reward from Marco.

Removing the eggs from the calculations (and thus Ilya and Desc from the pool), the remaining members gets 24360.

Any thoughts?)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

<OOC>Yeah, I've been kind of baffled at how to put a price on a living sentient creature. The Lords of Madness book actually does that, though. Mind flayers tend to buy slaves at CR^2 * 100gp. The largest dragons are CR 5 at birth. Smaller ones tend to be CR 3. So, if I were an Illithid, I'd price a CR 4 creature at 1600gp.
    But, if we're going to go that far, we should go all the way. What's the value of Cerwyn's land? And is 75000gp being taken out for whoever takes the robe of the archmagi?

Obviously, that's taking it to the point of absurdity. All I want the egg for is a plot device; the bag too. Come next adventure, Desc won't have a dragon familiar or companion or anything. He'll just have a dragon sitting at home that he talks about. And the gold is actually more valuable to me so I can continue to play a character who comes from a rich family.

So Desc would be willing to mail the bag of flames back to whoever wants it after the dragon hatches, and just keep the hatchling and his payment from Marco.
    </OOC>
    Last edited by Desc; 2008-01-21 at 11:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

(Perhaps, but I was also basing my prices on Hippogriff and Griffon eggs, which don't follow that pricing method (which are 2000 and 3500, respectively)

As for Cerwyn's lands - I wasn't about to try and price that. I was going to allow Ramzebek use his share to purchase it from whomever. Since land is not usually thought of as part of treasure, it was not counted. To be fair, if Ramzebek hadn't expressed interest in it, would we even consider trying to price it? I wouldn't. Thus, it will go unpriced, but he will still use his treasure to pay whatever he needs to.

As for the Robe of the Archmagi - its sale price is included. I figured that once I could get some consensus on the shares, the items themselves could be divied. All except the gems and eggs were priced at the 60% sale price (for example, if I wanted the Censer, I would deduct 1500 from my share). That just seems the fairest way to divide this stuff. If you want more treasure than your share allows, then you have to pay for it out of your pocket (ie Marco's reward or your stash). Given that the Robe will be more than one's share - there may be an investment opportunity, since there is probably a quest to redeem it. Several people buy a "share" of the robe, in the hopes that the quest to redeem it turns up more treasure.

Desc - I understand your point, which is why I made those two figures (one with the eggs and one without.) I am just attempting to find some way to divy everything up equally with a method that we all can agree on.)
    Last edited by IlyaFalath; 2008-01-22 at 05:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

So what I'm taking from this is:

--Desc takes egg and Bag of Flames, realizing that the rest of the party sees egg as a commodity and not a person, and that they won't be persuaded otherwise

--Ilya takes egg and censer and chronocharm, and goes off to return the censer and gallivant around the planes

--Ramzebak takes Cerwyn's house and two small items of jewelry (wildling clasp, crystal of lifekeeping)

--Shepperd takes the black robe and goes off on a quest with Sara and Dibs to redeem it. Shepperd and Sara take a slightly larger proportion of the gold and treasure than the other four, given that they got no major treasure otherwise (Dibs having had unlimited access to several major libraries, and the others being listed above)

Am I reading this right? Oh, and everyone keeps their own gold from Marco. Yeah?

I'm already writing Desc's homecoming. I've got a seed of an idea for the three robe-redeemers...you guys want me to write that, or just assume it happens?

If anything changes significantly because of this post, I'll come back and tell you. :-)
    Last edited by Argante; 2008-01-24 at 09:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

<OOC>
    Right-o. And the bag of flames will be turned back over after the egg hatches.
    </OOC>

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sheppard doesn't care about dividing the treasure beyond paying for the four Raise Dead spells, and he will take care of that before embarking on any other quest (since Raise Dead is VERY time-dependent and requires mostly-intact corpses). He'll use his entire share, if he has to [he didn't get to be 42 years old and only 12th-level in power and items by being stingy with his gold and XP!].

[Can we presume that some member of the party is willing to trade 5000 GP of diamonds/diamond dust for an equivalent amount in gold, and that they may buy replacements where necessary, later?]

Sheppard will Raise the Pelorian cleric first [and we can hope that he has the authority to bargain over the expenses of Raising the rest of his party].

[By-the-by, how much XP did we gain?]
    "As the great sage Z'tan Li said, 'With great powers come great responsibility.'"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

So, ah. To close this off:

--You raise the Pelorian cleric.
    --He tells you that the paladin's family is very rich AND that the paladin has a thing for the bard.
    --The bard is the archer's half-sister.
    --Everything gets sorted out and everybody lives happily ever after yaaay! ;-)