New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurer's Guild Team Dingo IC

Marko

Motioning toward the water's edge with his crossbow, Marko said, "Why don't you pull your helmsman out of the water there. He still deserves a decent burial, at least." As he followed the sailor at a safe distance, he scooped up the man's dagger and dropped it in his pouch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the helmsman splashed in at the edge, I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) the body hasn't gone anywhere.
    Regarding the capturing the boat business, I count 5 corpses, 14 oarsmen, 3 men overboard, and the sailor pulling the helmsman out of the river. Was there anyone other than Kata in either deck house?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Althea grinned again as she felt the man fall before her blade. She stepped forward, turning and watching the other man fall before she could take him. She paused though, knowing that the tall orc and the man in armor were on her side, and not to be hurt. Despite every urge telling her to jump forward, she waited, ready in case any of the oarsmen wanted to be a hero.

((Preparing action to charge and smack anyone who tries to make a wrong move. Assume Althea doesn't have enough control if someone makes too many moves trying to surrender. 4 turns of rage left.))
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

3. - Top - End - #273

Seeing the bloodlust in Althea's eyes, one of the entangled oarsmen bends down slowly and places his dagger on the deck, giving it a light shove to send it skittering half the distance to her feet. The rest of the oarsmen follow suit.

Marko's prisoner obediently wades into the water and drags the unbreathing body of the helmsman onto the shore.

4. - Top - End - #274

Marko

"That'll do. Have a seat and take a break," Marko said as the oarsman brought the helmsman up on shore. "How'd you fall in with those kidnappers anyway?" he asked, genuine curiosity written on his face.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Ulysses wipes his sword on one trouser-leg of the slain "guard," then straightens up and takes stock of the situation, as the remaining oarsmen rapidly give up all pretense of resistance.

"M'lord Cardinal, if you'd assist me, I think someone ought to take a look to see if Kata is in here and if she's all right." He gestures to the cabin door. He turns to his half-orc companion, still towering over them all. "Durx, kindly keep an eye on this lot while the Cardinal and I investigate the cabin -- I think you'd be too big to follow just now."

Ulysses casts a meaningful glance in Althea's direction, hoping Durx keeps an eye on her as well. Then he turns and enters the cabin, sword ready, but held unthreateningly.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming Omoris follows, though he can do otherwise, or even interrupt Ulysses before he actually gets inside.
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

6. - Top - End - #276

Ulysses enters the stern cabin and finds himself face to face with the two horses that boarded the boat in Bridgeport.

Horse
    <whinny>

Other Horse
    <snort>

Other than a lantern, some straw, water and feed, and some fragrant horse manure, there's nothing in the room.

Some of the surrendering oarsmen stand in the way of the door to the bow cabin.

Marko's Prisoner
    "I don't know who the elf is, this is just what we do. Boat for hire, no questions asked. My boss here tells us - told us - we had a job, we'd do it an' get paid."
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-05-04 at 06:14 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Marko

"Sorry to hear he went criminal. The elf and the two goons poisoned my friends' friend, and kidnapped her, and it looks like your boss was in on it. When we get back to Bridgeport, we'll talk to our Guild master about what to do with you. Heck, he might even have a less nefarious use for folks who'll sail with 'no questions asked', if you catch my meaning," Marko said, the possibility of the Adventurer's Guild requiring a professional sailor such as himself lightening his mood considerably.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kata isn't here.. prehaps we should check the bow cabin

Omoris said, as Sentinel came back to his heels, whining.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=36610

Thank you Shades of Grey for my avatar

9. - Top - End - #279

As the plant growth entangling them shrivels away, the oarsmen shift to allow room for Omoris and for Sentinel, human blood still dripping from the dog's furry chin. Omoris tries the door to the bow cabin.

Omoris
    "It's locked."

10. - Top - End - #280

Marko

Hearing Omoris call out the locked status of the bow cabin, he asked the sailor with him, "Does your boss have the key there?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

"I can just break it open if we need to, it doesn't seem that sturdy," Althea said aloud to Omoris, as well to Marko. She kept her greatsword out, still watching all of the oarsmen as they waited.

12. - Top - End - #282

Marko's Prisoner
    "The elf has the key to the bow cabin."

Ulysses looks on Finde's belt and finds a key on a ring. He undoes the belt, takes the ring off, and tosses it to Omoris, who opens in the door. Inside is Kata, looking a bit worse for the wear, with her hands tied behind her back and uncomfortably secured to one of the beams that provide support to the structure of the boat. Her wrists are raw as she has been trying to wear down the ropes by rubbing them up and down the board, despite the awkward angle of her shoulders. She looks up and sees Omoris and is visibly relieved, though there is a cloth gagging her mouth. In this cabin there are barrels, bags of dried grain or beans perhaps, and a stack of blankets, none of which are positioned to allow Kata any comfort.

On deck, Althea surveys the scene. The boat is at anchor on the east bank of the river one day's sail away from Bridgeport. Marko's "sea anchor" is still attached to the rudder post. There are prisoners, healthy and wounded and dead, on the deck, with their daggers in a pile next to the mast, where the small sail is furled by means of ropes (it is not the type of sail requiring sailors to climb to the top to furl it). Under each of the ten double benches are small bundles that Althea presumes to be the oarsmen's personal possessions. The men who jumped overboard are now nowhere to be seen. Marko is on the shore with one live prisoner and one dead.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground

Durx dismisses the enlargement spell.

Kata! Are you okay? he undoes the gag. Are you heart?
    Durx pulls out his prayer book.

14. - Top - End - #284

Kata
    "I'm alright, thanks to you. Are all of you alright?"

15. - Top - End - #285

So I need to heal the men that kidnapped my friend, fled the city, and fought against us?

(Dwarven)I don't get paid enough for this...(Dwarven)

OOC:(I'm using cure minor on the enemies, and cure light on Althea
    CLW - (1d8+1)[9]

The above numbers are for the most injured, the other one is healed 3 HP.

If it isn't enough to bring them to positive, I'll attempt to stabilize the one's under 0 hp.

HealCheck - (1d20+6)[11]
    HealCheck - (1d20+6)[21]
    HealCheck - (1d20+6)[15]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-05-04 at 05:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Ulysses hastens over to the bow cabin to help Omoris untie Kata. As he jogs by Durx tending to the unconscious captives, he reminds him in passing, "Make sure to tie them up tight. Or get Marko to do it, he probably knows about knots and ropes and the like."

When Kata is freed, he lets out a sigh of relief, and scans the darkness briefly, then glances up to the top of the mast. "If we a run a white flag of parley up there, do you think the ones who ran will return, come daylight?" he asks, raising his voice so that everyone including Marko can hear him. He casts his gaze across the surrendered oarsmen. "Wouldn't want to leave a bunch of men stranded out here in the wilderness."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am sure someone will find them, they are a large group after all. Besides, we can't exactly take them with us

18. - Top - End - #288

Marko marches his prisoner up to where the others are and orders them all to lie on their stomachs with their hands behind their backs (they comply.) He finds a good length of rope in the bow cabin, and follows behind Durx as he heals everyone. Kata gratefully shares some water and rations with the other adventurers.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge_bro View Post
    I am sure someone will find them, they are a large group after all. Besides, we can't exactly take them with us
    Ulysses responds to Omoris as Kata passes his waterskin back to him. "We can't? Why not? I'd thought that we'd take the boat back down the river so we can consult Master Bruce and the Bridgeport authorities on what to do with this lot." He takes a sip from the waterskin. "I think this may be beyond us to sort out by ourselves -- legally speaking, I mean."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

"Thanks," Althea responds to Durx as he heals the minor scratches that she had. It felt weird to simply have them go away like that, but she wasn't complaining. She joined the others though, taking a sip from her own waterskin before putting it back away. "I think we should head back though. We're not that far from Bridgeport, close enough to walk to in under a day."

21. - Top - End - #291

Real Question 'ere is whether they knew 'bout Ms. Kata. If they didn't then they'd be charged with unknowingly aidin'a kidnapping, however, they could be charged with willing kidnapping.

Durx takes a sip from his waterskin.

M'lord doesn't take kindly to law-breakers. he says, staring at one of the sailors. s'long's you make 'mends 'n serve yer time.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Omoris turned and called to the remaining sailors

Do any of you know anything about this lady or not?

as he pointed to Kata.

Spoiler
    Show
    Omoris isn't very subtle :P

23. - Top - End - #293

Oarsman
    "We just row the boat where the boss tells us."

Other oarsmen nod their heads in agreement.

Kata (disdainfully)
    "They knew I was tied up in there that whole time! (some of the oarsmen cringe)

One oarsman with a nose that looks like it's been broken many times clears his throat loudly. He's a little older, with a few scars, and he doesn't look quite as timid as the others.
    "The Nose"
    "Look, the boat belonged to the dead guy, and he's got no family. We've done a few shady deals like this before and we expect them to turn sour sometimes - looks like you got the upper hand on this one. We oarsmen are all from Khorinis. What do you say you drop us off back home and we go do what we do best, that is, keep our mouths shut and find a new job. No questions, no rumors, you keep the boat. Those losers who jumped overboard will show up back home eventually and we'll make sure they keep mum too. And if you want - (his eyes narrow) - we'll take care of the elf and the two horsemen for you."

Finde and his two conspirators glare back at The Nose from where they are tied up.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    Finde and his two conspirators glare back at The Nose from where they are tied up.
    Eh? When did they come to? I thought they'd be out for a while yet. Not that it matters I suppose, since I figured we'd wait till we got back to Bridgeport to interrogate them.

Ulysses sneers at the oarsman's suggestion. "I think not. These three still have quite a bit of explaining to do before this business is laid to rest.

"As for you oarsmen, you're clearly facing your own charges. A crime of omission is still a crime. With any luck you'll serve your time in the same way that you make your living now -- as oarsmen, albeit under the more legitimate auspices of the Bridgeport government."

He turns to his companions. "Perhaps the authorities might be convinced to allow these men to work of their sentences by serving the Guild? Rowing this craft for Guild business?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

25. - Top - End - #295

Marko

"Honestly, I don't know the laws in Bridgeport. But the law of the sea is pretty clear, and that's on our side at the moment. And I think we could use some strong backs who can keep their mouths shut, though that remains to be seen," Marko said in a confident voice. He was glad to have a deck beneath his feet again, and it showed in every way. Gesturing toward the body of the helmsman, he asked the oarsmen, "Did the Master have a first mate?"

26. - Top - End - #296

The oarsmen all look at The Nose, who rolls his eyes and spits.

The Nose
    "Not as such. But I made sure the youngsters here did their jobs right."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

"Either way, it looks like we got a boat," Althea said with a smile. Most of the niceties surrounding it were lost. She was a stranger to Bridgeport and to boats themselves. She sits with her back again the side of the boat itself, thinking for a moment. "Outta curiosity, how did you end up meeting these guys?" She gestured somewhat lazily towards the two guardsman and the elf she defeated. "Or for that matter, where were they headed? They don't strike me as the type to charter a boat to kidnap someone for nothing."

She looked at Kata as well, directing her innocent gaze at her instead. "Unless there is something that you aren't telling us."

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    The oarsmen all look at The Nose, who rolls his eyes and spits.

The Nose
    "Not as such. But I made sure the youngsters here did their jobs right."
    Marko

"I suspected as much. Your plan has merit, but I think the Knight will have his way. Being you had the good sense to surrender when you did, I'll speak as well as possible of you to the authorities. You may see Khorinis yet, though you'll have to ship with me to get there," Marko said in a firm tone. The change in the previously tentative gnome was striking, and progressing the longer he was in his element aboard the vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtifexFelicis View Post
    "Either way, it looks like we got a boat," Althea said with a smile.
    "That we do Althea. Though I think she's a bit big to be called a 'boat'," Marko said, lightly stamping his foot on the deck.

29. - Top - End - #299

How did you end up meeting these guys?
    Nose
    "You'd have to ask him," (indicating the dead helmsman) "We try to know as little information about our jobs as possible."

Kata (quietly, out of hearing of the prisoners)
    "I've seen these two before," indicating the two human men who had kidnapped her. "They were at the Jasmine & Clove. After one of my performances, they asked my band all sorts of questions about me. Wanted to know if I ever did any magic with my voice. I don't, but I doubt that they believe that, why else would they kidnap and gag me? Who knows what impression my band gave them trying to communicate in Common anyway."

You may see Khorinis yet, though you'll have to ship with me to get there.
    Nose
    "Well, you can't be much worse than our last boss - you can see where he got us. Shall we be chained to the oars, or will that not be necessary? We'll be a bit slower than with our full twenty, though we often go one man to an oar at times, especially when we're using the sail. And would you mind if we tied some rocks to those two bodies and dropped them off someplace deep?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Of course they need some sort of burial, but won't that look somewhat suspicious, if someone fishes up a pair of corpses?
    Last edited by Sledge_bro; 2008-05-09 at 11:04 AM.