New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Exalted: Old Wounds

Lightning, in the shape of an orange tabby, approaches closer to the apparently Dragon-Blooded young lady, mewing softly. People tended to talk freely around cats, after all, and if anyone had news of the Daughter of Unending Tumult, it would likely find its way to a charismatic dynast...one was as good as another.

Follow the Dragon-Blooded, and the news will ride with you, Lightning thought to himself, smiling as best he could with a feline mouth, the Abyssal has to be around here somewhere, and if past discretion is any indicator, she'll be raising a fuss soon enough. If these civilized are good for anything, at least they gossip freely.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

She's enjoying this. Lesia allowed herself a smirk while Rana hob and nobbed with the commander. Not entirely sure what she's up to, but I won't interfere just yet. Hm, that girl left the roof?[/i] She turned away for a moment, searching, but shrugged. It could be checked out later, if need be. She strode towards the conversation; Not so much to hear it.. she could already do that, but rather, to help lend an air of authority to Rana; After all, it would heighten Rana's stature to have another Dynast under her direct command.

She moved to stand patiently beside Rana, looking every part the faithful subordinate. Faithful /Dynast/ subordinate; She held herself in such a way that the viridian breastplate she wore was visible, if with some difficulty. As this new stranger made himself obvious, however..[/i]

"Good day, citizen. What is your business with my mistress, pray tell?" She asked courteously, with a light smile on her face. It's such fun to watch her become someone much more responsible.. even if it is an act.[/i]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Tesciam notices Lesia addressing him, he turns towards her and bows deeply again. "Greetings my ladies, and welcome to the serene village of Narshe. My name is Tesciam, a humble traveling merchant. My father was the great Rivergod Batosh of the Four Springs, I'm sure you have heard of him, and in his great kindness he taught me some of the secrets of Creation. So now I'm earning a living a talented traveling healer, skilled potionmaker and gifted fortuneteller, but sadly, at least for me, while it most certainly is a blessing for these fine citizens around here, these villagers are bestowed with a miraculous health and stamina, and so I'm stuck in this village for two weeks now without the means to continue my journey. I would like to offer myself as a guide to you esteemed ladies, and, while it certainly is not my specialty, and with your permission," he bows to the leader of the riders, "I would like to assistance in finding that young miss that has gone missing. And of course, if any of you kind masters would like to learn more about his destiny as it is written in the stars, I'll be at your service after we finish this quest." He bows again deeply.

As he bows, Tesciam notices the orange tabby approaching. "Oh, what an cute kitten. My cousin's wife had one just like that, isn't it adorable?!? A cat in the house keeps the evil spirits out, she used to say. And the vermin too, of course. Aren't you a lovely one?" he says. He kneels down, gets a piece of dried meat from his back and offers it to the cat, while whispering a few soothing words to it and, if possibly, will also tenderly stroke it's head. Then he stands up, blushes and apologizes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectfull, it's just that silly me is a cat-lover, and I seem to have lost my manners. But, what do you think about my offer?"
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-16 at 08:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

A slight bow to the comander of Wezun's troops, and a parting word, were what Rana felt necessary to conclude the exchange.

"Indeed, I shall attend to that, then."

As she walked purposefully, possibly even in a stately manner, towards the general store, Rana noticed the man that seemed to be waiting to speak to her (Tesciam), and paused for a second. Then, with a smile and a bit of an intentionally imperious undertone, she nodded to Lesia, and spoke to Tesciam.

"...I see! Very well, assuming you are no significant burden to our travels, I would see it prudent to accept local guidance... If the lady accompanying me does not mind your presence as well, I could certainly see it happening! We have many things to find, I assure you. Now, if you would please either accompany or excuse me - by your choice - first on that list at present is Lady Rowan..."

With barely a beat skipped from the pause, Rana strode pridefully and purposefully towards the general store. As she approached the door, she held her hand back, whispering to Lesia and, by extension, Tesciam to...

"Back off a little bit, what I'm about to do won't work if we all come in one big gang."

Either way the two reacted, Rana then moved over to the door, readying her coinpurse as if to make a purchase very quickly, and entered. Without even a single delay, she immediately entered the room wearing the curious look of a new shopper, hoping they didn't think her ruse was the truth...

5. - Top - End - #35

Lightning purrs lightly and involuntarily as the merchant pets his head, then shakes his tiny head nervously: he wasn't as proud as some Lunars, but there were limits. He was wearing this shape, but that didn't make him a house cat, not really.

But that does feel sooooo good, he thought.

After the merchant stopped, the tabby followed closely behind him. Lightning reflected back on his sacred hunt: he'd felt so silly hunting a tabby with ritual pomp, but it had proven itself to be a useful tool. When Rana stopped Tesciam, the tabby turned his eyes up to meet the supposed god-blood's and nods lightly, then follows Rana into the shop.
    Last edited by GryffonDurime; 2008-01-16 at 09:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Gale

Inside the store, there is nobody but the scruffy-looking storyteller, leaning against the counter.

"I hope you weren't in the mood for shopping. Everyone's out." His voice is a perfect mixture of boredom and dissappointment. "I have no idea how long they'll be, but it's been a good while already. You should probably try somewhere else." He breaks off eye contact to look up at the ceiling with an exasperated sigh.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Outside in the market square:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lead rider watches Rana go to the general store gratefully, then begins organizing his riders with quiet efficiency. About half the men busy themselves taking the horses, which had been worked into a lather galloping into the village, off to the stables. The rest settle themselves into the square, keeping an eye on the general store.

Following the blue haired youth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He watches the interaction between Rana and the lead rider with obvious amusement. When Rana and company head for the general store, he does a quick look around to see if anyone is watching and, not noticing any observers, takes a few long steps back from the building he was hiding behind before making a leap for the house's roof. The blue haired youth gets himself high enough to grab onto the edge and clamber up. Looking over the square from his higher vantage point, he waits for an opportune moment and then proceeds to leap over to the general store roof.

Inside the general store:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one aside from Heavenly Gale is visible in the store. The place seems quiet and curiously empty.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Intrigued Hound follows a few paces behind the youth and leaps across to the General Store moments after he does. She swiftly falls into the posture of a stalking great cat bristling with anticipation and smirks.
    A tale set in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana twitched noticeably, putting away her coinpurse, and not even bothering to smile pretty for the man. In fact, the slight twitchiness of her face betrayed only a noticable sense of annoyance. It was like every little veneer of charm just died a painful death when she fully understood how her hasty plan went awry.

"Dragons damn it all! All that effort to get the cavalry parade to calm down, and I can't even actually meet this supposed runaway? I could SWEAR I saw her walk right into this store, so..."

Her eyebrow twitched. It was just like what happened when her classmates found out that she was so horribly behind for being unexalted that her parents were bribing her through the Academy - like she had done all this work, just to be the butt of some kind of joke. Like she had been had! She never had the sharpest of eyes, but this was ridiculous. This was something she couldn't stand for. Out of a lack of other courses of action, she unceremoniously scooped up the cat-Lightning, petting him like she was a sulking child that was unable to decide whether they were still sulking or trying to calm down.

"Tell me you have some vague consolation for my good deed of the day blowing up in my face. like... ahhh. Ever see a guy with this gnarly-big steel boot on one foot? Violent sort, crazy martial artist? Dumb name of Steel Boot? I was GOING to ask those Guildies if they knew about it, but nooo. Captain Interruption has to barge in and mess up the peace. If I can get out of this quaint little village with at LEAST a new lead, it'll be worth this... this... debacle!"

Lesson of the day: You can trust a Dynast to, on occasion, fume like a spoiled child.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Gale

Gale smirked in amusement at the fuming, fire-haired woman.

"See, I could tell you weren't the patient type. I think there was an apothecary selling headache remedies. I have some massage techniques that'll do you the trick, though, if you're willing to be patient for something else." He doesn't add a wink. Obviously, he's not being at all serious. "You might want to be careful about that guy, though. If what I've heard is true, he fights dirty, like all practicioners of his style."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Still in a bit of a sulky mood, Rana 'pfft'ed at Gale's commentary, leaning back on a wall as, no doubt, Lesia and Tesciam filtered into the room.

"You might say that, but, good sir, that's not the same thing as living it! No matter what you've heard, I know it firsthand."

She shook her head. Now was not the time to bore some stranger with her life's story. That was... it just... it felt cheesy. Like a bad heroic novel. But... but... he was somewhat right. She WOULD have to wait. And... hm. Hm.

"It doesn't matter anyway. He won't survive the next time. And there'll be a next time. I'll make sure of that! Lesia, for my sake, will make sure of that."

A few seconds passed, a bit more sulky cat-petting occurred.

"...So... Yeah. Who the heck are you, anyway? I'm-"

Rana started to make the vague hiss of the needed syllable to start her House name, but paused. The last thing she needed was to be portrayed as not just impertinent and impatient, but a harlot on top of it! So she just glossed over it.

"-Rana. I'd mention where I had to come from to get out here, but... Chances are I've been so damnably obvious about it that you already know."

She made a sidelong glance at Lesia and Tesciam, portraying an idle curiosity at their doings.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing who is and who is not actually in the store, Tesciam decides not to go in. Instead he stays at the door, watching and listening, and once in while throwing a worried glance over to Rana about how she is mishandling the poor cat.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Gale

"Well, S-Rana," he says, maintaining his disinterested tone, "I'm Heavenly Gale, and I'm afraid that the attributes that I pay attention to wouldn't give away anything important about you, even as unimportant as where you are from may be." Whether or not she's as Dynastic as she looks, Gale is doing a good job of being impolite and impertinent. He does his best to keep his smirk down to a minimum.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

While Rana spoke to the stranger, the copper spider took a few quick moments to survey the scenery, her mind picking apart the scene. Recently shifted valuables, scuffing on the floor, even the position of the door; The works. Everything was a clue. Including the stranger himself. She planted a hopefully reassuring, if perhaps a tad late, hand on Rana's shoulder.

"I suppose you also missed where the shopkeep went, did you?" She had a somewhat jesting tone, but was unlikely to take him at his word regardless. He seemed to be enjoying tweaking Rana too much to be willing to give a straight, accurate answer. "And what, pray tell, have you actually heard about our adversary and his style?"
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-01-17 at 10:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

Gale

Gale seems to not notice the subtle accusation that he might be hiding anything.

"It's a pretty popular style called First Pulse. Supposed to give you the advantage in surprises and ambushes, whoever's starting them. It's pretty effective."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana shook her head, still furiously - but not harmfully! - stroking cat-Lightning as she tried to vent off her remaining anger.

"...What are you even trying to gain here, anyway, Gale? At first I thought you were a total jerk, but after that last comment, it's clear you're just TRYING to be one! The heck good does it do you?!"

She shuffled her hands vaguely, trying to make a dramatic gesture, before realizing that she still had a cat in her hands. With an exasperated sigh, she put down the random tabby cat, and looked straight at Gale, putting on her best 'you hurt my feelings and offend my sense of justice' pout... and now making the dramatic hand gestures she had freed herself to do.

"I... Look, damnit! I was trying to avoid having to regale you with some trite tale of woe, but! I ran away from my home, ran away for rather good reasons, one of them involving our little friend with the horrible taste in footwear! I left behind anything that'd make something of my life, and if I were to try to come back, I'd probably be shunned or far worse! If I have to go through all of that, who are you to go around playing your little games with my feelings, then?! If it's for your sick idea of fun, then Hesiesh willing, I will cut you."

Another sigh, and a pause for effect, as Rana tried to... not look as immediately threatening as her last comment made her out to be. Of course, not that she necessarily knew how, seeing as she was still breathing heavily and measuredly, trying hard to keep her anger under control.

"...But... Well, if you're just trying to protect the girl, then I suppose I at least understand why you're doing it. Though that doesn't mean I like it! I mean, I just finished duping shiny Mr. Commander out there to do just that, and you decide to reward me for my efforts with this crap? Have you no decency?..."

Rana shook her head again, looking back at Lesia. She had a soft smile, if a bit sheepish of one.

"...Thanks. I... I feel a little better now. I don't want to mess everything up. I might not live long enough to do what I need to if I can't even stay calm..."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Gale

Gale somehow manages to resist doing the "hand-mimick" thing while Rana is talking, but still stares off into space half the time. When Rana finshes, he folds his arms and divulges a brief glimpse into his perspective of the situation.

"Well, S-Rana, I don't know you, and I doubt your tale of woe and intrigue will really help me to do so, but here's the thing. After you told everyone in the area, including me, that you were about to extract this supposed 'girl' to be taken away to some place she obviously wants to avoid, you decided to come in here and insist on interrogating an obviously bored and impatient man. And then, to top it all off, you have now just told the entire village that you, in fact, planned to betray the commander. Yes, he could hear you yelling as well as I could, since he's something like 50 feet away. So, before you worry about running me through just for staring at your boobs, you might want to be concerned with the scale of horsemen who are probably a little angry with you at this point." Gale then peers around Rana with an amused smirk to look out the door of the general store. Things might heat up soon.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

Lesia looked back at her companion, nodding understandingly. "I wouldn't worry about him just yet. We can ask him his motives after we've found your kindred spirit. Also, can you please pick up your friend? There's a rat or something there that might ruin what is sure to be an interesting moment." Her confidence was palpable, and she turned back to the protective meddler, dispassionately surveying him. "First off, she hasn't really been all that loud. It's hardly out of the question for them to have heard, but there's always karma. Second, you have no mind for politics, if you genuinely believe they can act with quite so much impunity, though your protective instincts and caution,"Her eyes drifted upward briefly "are admirable." At this,she raised a finger admonishingly

"However! First off, your ruse is ineffective. Anyone given but the briefest moment to examine could tell that, firstly, you have left an unconscious man, presumably the owner or manager of this establishment nearby. I haven't gotten to look back there quite yet, but judging by the reflection on the window pane, it looks like you shoved him behind the counter and hoped nobody would look. Second, she's not that well hidden back there. You can come out now, by the way; As my friend has rather dramatically informed the three of you, she has no intention to hurt you or bring you back to your family. And we certainly won't tell them you were being carried around by your gallant rescuer." Oh yes, one would have to try to peel that smirk off her face. "Or if you'd rather, you can talk to us from back there. But I would rather see the cause of all this hubbub, if you'd be so kind."

She leaned back casually, glancing towards Rana. I wonder if that woman on the roof has anything to do with this. I hate unknown unknowns. We need to be less impulsive about these things, but I suppose Fate has its own plans. Supposedly. "I don't suppose you can tell me your plan, if any, Rana? The only thing lover boy here seems to have gotten right is planning for those soldiers. Can't totally dismiss them, now can we?" She glanced sidelong at Gale. "Out of vague curiosity, what was your plan? Just punch the army until they stop botherring us?"
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-01-18 at 05:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

In the general store

As Lesia finishes speaking, a dull thud and a squeaking squealing hiss sound out from the shelf by her feet. A sack of hard tack has fallen off the shelf, revealing an enormous hairless rat, its body easily two feet long. The beast scurries out from its hiding place one of its two hideous faces hissing and squealing at the "cat" sitting in the store.
    Just as the beast is climbing up toward an open window (causing many sacks and jars of dried goods and preserves to fall loudly to the floor) another loud crash, like breaking boards, sounds from the back of the store. A ray of sunlight is coming into the back of the store where a moment ago there was none, as if someone had opened a door on the side of the building. None of you seem to recall seeing a side door on the building though...

On the roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From atop the roof you can see when the girl gathers herself up and then, as soon as the rat begins making noise, launch herself bodily through the wall in a shower of wooden splinters. Grinning, the blue haired youth whistles and leans down over the edge, extending a hand to the girl.

In the market square:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A few of the riders have remained near the general store and seem to be chuckling and shaking their heads. The lead rider is speaking quietly to one of the villagers, until the loud noises begin, at which point he begins to rush over with his shortspear at the ready. The other men are slower to react, but also begin moving in that direction. A whistle pierces the din from somewhere and it is followed by a horse bursting, riderless, from the stables.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Gale

With the events going on at the back of the store, combined with the unexpected whinny and galloping clip-clop of hooves outside, Gale draws a conclusion of his own. He mimics Lesia's cocky smirk, though with wider, more mocking eyes.

"Well, actually, my plan was to keep you distracted while she made her escape, but it looks like you did that yourself with your overblown, ego stroking rants. If you can catch up with her on her new escape route, you can have fun with that. Meanwhile, I think there is something else to worry about here."

After that last sentence, Gale twirls from his nonchalant pose, ducking under the falling sacks and jars. He seizes the tale of the freakish two-faced rat, and just as quickly twirls out of the debris. His head is now covered with some white powder. He briefly licks some of it from the corner of his mouth. "EUGH. Salt. Thought it was sugar." After his tangential outburst, he displays his helpless catch with pride.

"Now, I don't know about you, but in all my travels I've never seen a rat QUITE like this one. And while we're trying to piece it out, perhaps you could tell us about the unconcious man behind the counter, since I'm in the dark here. Unless he's old, then I think I have a sad, sad idea as to who it might be. Anyway, freaky two-faced thing or runaway teenager. Your choice."

((Alternate scene description after line, in case of roll failure, which seems likely))
    Spoiler
    Show
    After that last sentence, Gale twirls from his nonchalant pose, ducking under the falling sacks and jars. He attempts to grab the freaky two-faced rat, but doesn't seem to have been quick enough. It must have seen him before he could surprise it. He stands there grasping as substance upon substance falls on his head. After the powder clears a little, he takes stock of the situation a bit.

"Well that didn't work out. Huh. Anyway, I'm not sure about the unconcious guy, but I think you've got a choice between catching a fairly clever runaway teenager or catching this weird thing. I think I've really done all I can here."

He struts out proudly displaying his powdered head and shoulders.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

With an astonished look on his face, Tesciam stares at the unfolding chaos inside the shop. Then he grins widely, points at the rat and yells "Go get it, Tiger!" Leaving the cat(s) and the rat to fight it out, he sprints around the shop to the hole in the wall, trying to intercept the fugitive.
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-19 at 01:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Lightning

Lightning's whiskers twitch swiftly, and the small cat turns toward the source of the disturbance with the kind of grace and speed that only a tabby can muster when stirred from its ceaseless repose.

I'm not sure I like being a cat anymore, Lightning thought to himself as he sized up the strange rat-thing, any shape that compels me to hunt something like that... Personal distaste aside, those big people--I'm not a cat, Lightning reminded himself--all seem to expect me to fight it.

With heckles raised and teeth bared, Lightning pounces towards the two-faced rat, expecting little resistance but uncertain of his own abilities in the cat's shape.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana wasn't even listening to Gale anymore. She didn't care. Didn't want to hear that... that total jerk anymore! With a furious humming, a forced tune that seemed only like a line cast out into her mind to focus on, Rana set to work. Rowan be damned. If she was willing to put up such a waste of air to the job of covering her back, then Rana didn't need to waste time tracking her down! But... seeing as she had to do SOMETHING, Rana decided that the rat was deserving of her swift, unmitigated attention. And, hell. Kitty couldn't handle that freak of nature on its (his? Her?) own anyway! So, with a witty comment, she set to work.

"Whatever. Busy. Rat needs ending!"

Thus, her first act was to stare down the freaky rat, and grin, while keeping up her subtle, forceful humming. Then, with a flash of her right hand, she pulled her... comparatively small warhammer out from behind a flap of her long coat, flashing a glimpse of the shimmering red silk of her dress around her waistline as the thicker coat on top of it was pushed aside by the weapon. But the hammer, simple and cylindrical as it was, flashed like lightning, as Rana immediately made a lunge at the damnable rat, hammerhead raised near her own head.
    Rana's powerful motion caused the bottom of her overcoat to flow backwards, billowing in the rush of her actions as, likewise, the fine golden sash fluttered in the air like a dancer's ribbons. The first strike slammed squarely towards the rat's head as it scampered through the shelving of the store, resounding with a loud thud regardless of whether she met her target or not. Without missing a beat, Rana swept the hammer to her right and instantly twirled it in her hand, her entire form dancing like candlelight as her clothing slid rightward to match the sudden pivot she made in tune with the retreating hammer. Then, with another dramatic twirl of her hands, Rana brought the hammer into a fluid striking motion, moving forward with succinct, unimaginable speed as the twirl seamlessly became her second strike.
    The final steps of Rana's dance of death saw her hammer streaking to her left as it moved in preparation for a wide strike, her own body bending to match. A sudden dart to her right as she caught the next part of the rat's motion, and Rana unleashed her weapon. The hammer flew swift as a thunderclap and fiercely as a wildfire, moving in opposition to the flip of her fiery hair, concluding the third and final strike in this flurry of blows. And she continued to hum.
    Last edited by Rynol; 2008-01-20 at 12:04 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

In the general store

The strange two-faced Giant Rat scampers quickly up the shelves, nimbly avoiding Gale's (remarkably quick) attempts at grabbing it. As it climbs Rana springs forward striking with three impossibly quick blows of her hammer. Though it deftly avoids the first blow, the second and third batter it to the ground and into unconsciousness.
    However, as the blows hit the Rat a high girlish scream comes from outside the new hole in the wall of the store, "Wainwright, no!"
    A young girl, perhaps thirteen years old, steps into the shop, her face contorted with rage. "Get the hell away from him, %&#$! she cries, rushing right past Tesciam to get at Rana.

On the roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the girl scream and rush back into the shop, the blue haired youth furrows his brow and leans further over the side of the building, looking into the store through an open window.

In the market square:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Riders continue to rush toward the store, with weapons in hand.
    Last edited by demihappycow; 2008-01-20 at 08:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tesciam was reaching out to grab the girl as she rushes past him, but freezes when he hears her scream. His face displays stunned surprise, comprehension, shock and worry in quick succession. A surprised "It's a PET!?!" escapes his lips, then he takes two quick steps to the rat, and kneels over it, shielding it with his body. With quick and skilled movements he gauges the injuries of the creature. "Four broken rips...a ruptured spleen...severe internal bleeing. This is bad." He sights, opens his backpack and, while taking various medical items out of it, looks around to see how the situation has unfolded while he was focussing on his "patient".
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-20 at 12:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Curiosity perked, Hound leans over the side of the roof along side the blue-hair and peeks in.
    A tale set in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

Gale

Gale shakes the powders off his head the best he can. He grits his teeth as he prepares to wade into a very confused verbal melee. He inhales deeply and stands in the middle of the room. He holds up his hands and speaks to everyone.

"Everybody, quiet!" He leaves a dramatic pause, hoping people will listen. "I think there's been a few misunderstandings. And maybe some not-so misunderstandings that are problematic nonetheless. It seems like none of us trust each other, maybe with one or two exceptions. Let us have a truce, and speak peacefully. Whosoever raises a hand in hostility will declare themselves an enemy of all. We can declare intentions first. I intend for as many people to leave here satisfied. Miss Rowan, I believe, would like her pet to be returned and less wounded. If one person could speak at a time, perhaps we can resolve this before further unforseen events force a deadline upon negotiations."

28. - Top - End - #58

Lightning

The kitty-Lightning stops mid-pounce as he reaches the rat, then turns, head tilted to the side in morbid curiosity.

Dynastic children keep the ugliest pets, he decides. Seeing Gale's ineffective words, Lightning puts himself between Rana and Rowan, mewing sadly with all the meager skill he can muster.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

"Your idea of a good strategy is to seperate your charge from people who will help her. Clearly, I should be learning how to do my job from you." she spat at Gale as she moved closer to Rana. She was going to grab her and pull her away from the resulting melee, but was a mite too slow; Curse that lack of Athletics now! This, however, was not the time for cursing, nor the time for rat killing. Rana's friend was going to get away, and those soldiers were going to get to them.

And then Rana's 'little friend' ran in for them, after Rana whacked that enormous rat.
    What an unusual name for a freaking rat. I wonder what's going on here..[/i] Her sword leapt from its scabbard, pointed straight for.. the door. Her right hand was held cautiously out between Rana and Rowan.[/i] "However bad he is at strategy, however, he is correct that we had better come to an agreement quickly." She stole a quick glance at the wounded rat, then looked back towards rest of the eclectic Exalted of various stripes. I think.. yes, it would be better for Tesciam to care for the rat. I'd like to hold onto my face cards as long as possible.[i]

"In short, you're trying to run, and my mistress there," A wave of her hand towards Rana, "Is trying to /help/ you; I'm trying to help her, and therefore, you. Where's the older man who was with you and knocked out the shopkeep, for that matter? It would probably be best if nothing was left for the local troops." There had better be a damn good reason for this. I didn't get my good name by impeding legitimate authorities. She lowerred her hand, praying for reduced hostilities, between both of the two pleading with their charges to not try to tear each other's throats out. "And Rana.. put your hammer down. I know you want the sweet, sweet release of catharsis, but if things go badly, you're going to have much better, presumably unExalted targets to unleash it on."
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-01-21 at 04:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

In the store

Rowan charges past the people, and cats, in her way to get at Rana, throwing her arms around her in a crushing bear hug. From outside the sounds of heavily booted feet rushing toward the store can be clearly heard. The old man is nowhere to be seen.

On the roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    More watching the inside of the store.

In the market square:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The men are just about to burst into the general store.
    Last edited by demihappycow; 2008-01-21 at 08:11 PM.