New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted: Old Wounds

All Rana could do at this point was struggle and flimsily flail at Rowan as the 13-year old caught her very firmly against the wall. All the elaborate curses she could think of filled her head, but she made no attempt to speak them - at this point, she was convinced that she was doing everything hopelessly wrong.

She tried to stop a Wyld beast (and feel much better in the process!) but instead caused this... crazy girl to start trying to kill her! She staved off the troops... only to ruin everything and possibly incite them to come in anyway, or at least fail to keep them away. She couldn't even follow Lesia's advice, because she was so hasty that she dropped her guard long enough to let this nut grab onto her!

Even as tears started to well up from the distinct sense of failure she felt, Rana flailed at Rowan, no longer even using coherent words. Kicking and screaming furiously, Rana's only want now was to get the hell out of Rowan's grip. And out of Narshe. And back on track. Before all of this crap. Before she was humiliated by fate. Before she failed!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Banned

Gale

"Okay, nobody likes the peace idea." Gale rolls his eyes and strides over to the struggling ladies. "I love a good catfight as much as the next man, and this is a REALLY good one, it is, but right now, why don't we take a look over...there!" He grabs both their heads and gives them encouraging twists towards the door. "The funtime starts now."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

Lesia seethed, the knuckles on her left hand draining of color as they tightened their grip on the hilt. How DARE that wretch! Is she chronically stupid? "If you don't want your pet to get hurt, DON'T LET IT ATTACK PEOPLE." What is WITH these idiots? Do they not understand that their lack of calm is screwing up their own plans!? Nowhere in her mind did she bother to clarify who she meant. Her sword drifted from the door to Tesciam's patient, and her expression became something much stonier, much more detached. Words have clearly failed, even if Mr. Gallant Hero was going to try once again. "Release her and calm down or the rat dies, and all your rage will have been for naught. We have much bigger things to worry about then the dysfunctionality of our current group, like the soldiers outside. If you wish to help yourself, your manservant, and your pet, mystery girl, you will worry about them, not us."

She watched the Dynast child expectedly; Hopefully, she would calm down and focus on the soldiers. Or at least, release Rana, at which point she could knock her out and drag her off much more easily.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

In the store

As Gale and Lesia finish speaking the door bursts open, the Lead Rider from the square rushing through. "Miss Rowan, what's going on?" he says, brandishing his very well made shortspear in a somewhat uncertain manner and staring at the grappling and brandishing of weapons uncertainly, his men following closely behind him.

"She hit Wainwright, Endo! And the one with the sword is threatening to kill him!" cries Rowan, casting a vicious glance at Lesia and continuing to squeeze Rana, though perhaps somewhat less bonecrushingly.

"Please, Miss Rowan, everyone! I'm sure this here is some kinda misunderstanding," says Endo (the Lead Rider), going over to Rowan and attempting, unsuccessfully, to pry her off of Rana. "Just ease down, Miss. It'll all be okay if we just sit down and talk this out..."

On the roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The horse that ran into the square earlier, gets around the side of the building, and the blue haired youth whistles at it again, causing it to turn and head back to the stables.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tesciam stands up and positions himself between Lesia's blade and the rat. His eyes fixed on her, he says "I'll not allow anyone who is under my care to come to harm."

He turns his head towards Rowan and says sternly. "As for you, Rowan, I am trying to save your friend here, and what you are doing is not helping. So stop it!"

Then he addresses the riders: "The same is true for you. If I understand it right, this young woman will be your liege in a few years, and I doubt she will appreciate it if your barging in here interrupts Wainwright's treatment."

Now he addresses everyone: "This would be a difficult procedure under normal circumstances, and I'm surely no expert on giant rats. Still, I'll do my best to heal him, but that will need my utmost concentration. I'll need some supplies from this shop that will need to get pay for, a large bowl of warm water and then I need everyone expect myself, Rowan and the tabby to get out of here." He speaks to Endo directly: "You'll need to make sure that I do not get disturbed in the next two hours, or the healing process could be ruined. And that includes whoever is currently sneaking around on the roof."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Rowan

"Oh by the Dragons," she exclaims, dropping her hold on Rana and rushing over to Wainwright and Tesciam, "He will be all right won't he?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tesciam gives Rowan a reassuring smile. "Dont worry to much. I know what I'm doing, and you can assist me. We'll safe him together."

He continues to give Rowan instuctions to collect various items from the store, including bandages, some needles, herbs and to get the warm water, then he kneels down besides the rat again. Before he resumes the treatment, he looks over to the rest of the people and raises an eyebrow to check if they are actually leaving.
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-22 at 11:25 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Just like that, it was - somewhat - over. As the breath returned to her (whether from screaming like a banshee or the hold was debatable), Rana simply slumped against the closest wall, panting heavily, and still crying, in spite of some effort to hide that detail.

"...So sorry... I'm... I thought it... er... Wainwright was a Wyld monster that was going to get out into the village and start hurting people. I... I tried to make everything right, and I..."

Rana sniffled slightly, holding her chest in pain as she tried to get up, haltingly.

"...I just ruined everything! Rowan, I... I wouldn't have meant to..."

Another sniffle, and Rana made an unsubtle attempt to wipe her eyes. She... really did look upset.

"Please, at least as one noble daughter to another, try to forgive me?..."

With that, she noticed Tesciam's gaze levelling on her, and sighed, limping away out the door, muttering only one phrase as she left.

"...Right... I should go..."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

In the store

Rowan busies herself helping Tesciam, pointedly not acknowledging Rana's apology. The rest of the soldiers are quickly ushered out by Endo, who repeatedly apologizes to everyone in the shop about the 'misunderstanding', and offers to let you all come and stay the night at Varil Wezun's Estate.

"I'm sure Master Wezun won't want no hard feelings 'bout all this mix up. We can give y'all a good meal and a place to sleep, seeing as how the Inn is all full up anyways," says Endo just outside the door, having gently guided everyone (aside from Tesciam, Rowan, and the Cat) out of the store, but leaving men guarding the doors and windows (and the new hole in the side of the building).

On the roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as someone being on the roof is mentioned, the blue haired youth gets up and takes a running leap over to the Inn. Ducking into an open window on the second floor just as the first of the soldiers comes out of the store.
    Last edited by demihappycow; 2008-01-23 at 05:41 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

When they are alone, Tesciam gives Rowan a worried look and asks: "The guards said you ran away from home. What happend? If there is a problem, maybe I can help.

He listens quietly to what she has to say, while continuing to treat the giant rat.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

"I'm glad we agree on something." Lesia calmly quipped, sword unmoving. If she had to skewer the poor man to get Rana released, well, those were the breaks; She was quite finished treating this dynastic brat with kid gloves. As soon as she heard the less-then-satisfying thump of Rana hitting the floor, she quickly sheathed her sword. Dysfunctional.. besides, a rat is never going to be as important as a person. Ah well, Rana's fine, her little pet will be fine, everything should turn out fine.

Wait, what's this? "No, Rana, you haven't ruined anything. You actually saved the itinerant Gallant," she swept an uncaring hand in Gale's general direction, "from being arrested for obstruction, or worse; Imagine if he'd tried that on the authorities, if you will. And I daresay that even as an Exalted, she wouldn't have escaped from those men on horseback. Without help, anyway; Help we could have rendered, had she bothered to listen to us instead of insisting that this all be handled alone." Though she had to admit, at least to herself, that the only feasible way she could see of doing that was less then favorable, as it'd leave somebody here.

"At any rate.." her tone shifted a bit after Endo left, becoming more quiet. "We're not leaving without an explanation, to say the least."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana continued to wipe her eyes as she moved alongside Lesia, seeming to look a little better. Acknowledging her companion's words, Rana could only nod, sigh, and produce a weakened reply.

"I... suppose. I just felt so frustrated. I don't know, this feels like so much for little to nothing, though I guess the offer for some nice lodging isn't that bad. We can find out more later, I guess. And having a, uh, whatever that Tesciam fellow is supposed to be in relation to us is handy. A local surely would help smooth over some of this foul business. Maybe the cat, too! I'm sure having a mascot that's not, uh, well, ah, nasty and from realms unspeakable would be a nice change in pace!... Or something. We'll see, right?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

Gale

Gale sneezes a few times, presumably because of the various powders still lingering on him. He shakes his head, creating an aura of dust around him.

"Hey, now, I don't mind nicknames, but if you could stop calling me Gallant? I shacked up with a hot girl named Gallant Ivory when I was up in the north, and it's kinda awkward to be called the same name as her. But she had a great butt. I think I could stand the awkwardness if I had a butt like that. Anyway, the pet-slayer's bodyguard here is right, we should probably get this whole skipping town deal thing sorted out. Anyway, the offer I made earlier still stands. It's always more fun to travel with someone."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Hound follows her quarry, sailing across to the Inn's roof and coming to a low crouch keeping her body flush with the roof's surface.
    A tale set in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana quirked an eyebrow at Gale, still somewhat sore at him for being so evasive, even if she knew he had a decent reason. But... she, if only for familiarity's sake, felt a duty to butt in... Pun not intended. Her tone was, at least on surface, vaguely amused, though it had a slight air of imperious distaste.

"Interesting. I once remember someone saying something about that. I didn't figure you the type for that, though. You honestly seemed more the type for..."

She actually cradled her chin in thought, this time not for rhetorical reasons.

"...Hmmm. I'm thinking, you looked more like the kind to go for... the hips, or maybe the curves? Though I suppose the whole monastic look you've got going there is a fair cover for your true preference. Maybe it's because I didn't spend the time to gauge your personality?"

Rana glanced back over at the troops, then to Lesia. She had a somewhat grudging look on her face as she switched gears to comment on Gale's other words.

"...But enough about that. The... well, I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust you right off, but you DID know something about Steel Boot, or at least his style, so I suppose that you're at least of some help. And... I do have to admit, Wezun's is a welcome I don't feel like overstaying. I've had enough random crap for one week. Lesia, what do you think?"
    Last edited by Rynol; 2008-01-23 at 08:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Tesciam & Rowan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Doesn't really matter, I'll just have to go back now anyway," Rowan sighs and continues, "Wezun doesn't want anyone going, but I don't understand how he can believe they aren't going go in, whether he has forbidden it or not. I don't care what Great Forks or the Council of Entities think, they are not trustworthy... Sorry, I'm babbling on, and there you are with no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure. No need to concern yourself with me, I'll be fine. Just make sure Wainwright is going to be alright, please."

Silent Hound:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the blue haired youth ducks into the room an older man hunched over an aged tome at the desk in the room calls out, "Malfeas boy, what is wrong with you?"

"What? The guards never spotted me, father, I do know what I'm doing," says the blue haired youth.

"Cecelyne's teats! You have to start paying more attention Raiton, you've had a woman following you this whole bloody time," rumbles the older man.

"What?" exclaims the blue haired youth, Raiton, spinning around to look behind himself.

"She's on the roof, Raiton. Close the window, and seal the sounds so we can have a proper conversation."

Outside the general store:
    Endo has a few quiet words with some of his men, and a couple of the village youths, before coming back over to the group. "I'm arranging for a cart for Rowan and the healer, and I'll see about getting the loan of a few horses if y'all care to ride with us to the Estate. We'll be getting back just as soon the man says Wainwright is safe to move," he says, somewhat diffidently. "Tonight's a bit of a fancy occasion, actually. Got some uhh, visiting diplomats or somewhat, so there's a dinner planned. You ladies'll be plenty welcome as guests, and you sir, boys over yonder say you're quite the storyteller. Don't suppose we could prevail upon you to give us a tale tonight? We don't get a lot of entertainers 'round here..."
    Though there are still occasional sidelong glances and hurried whispers, the market square seems to be returning to it's previous sedate state.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

Gale

Gale barely rolls his eyes for an instant.

"S-Rana, you're an adult, your innuendo should be much better than that, though you have the hostility down. You should start attending my classes, trust me, they'll help. Now, before we all go ahead and have a merry feast, maybe we should consult the opinion of our raging preteen Exalted friend, since I have a feeling she's not going to be okay with that. Or do you want to get your ribs crushed again? Yes, we could all hear the cracking over the scream-fest you two were having. Though, really, if you do want to go ahead and start another catfight, please let us know so we can get some snacks and all have a nice show. It'll be way better than any of my stories, that's for sure." He gives her a thumbs-up and an insencere smile a mile wide.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tesciam ponders her words for a moment, a puzzled look on his face. "It is true, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have a feeling I should, but right now, lets focus on your friend."

He hesitates, and looks directly into Rowan's eyes. "I didn't think I would risk my life for the well-beeing of a rat one day. Just as much as you will need to trust me about healing your friend, I'll need to trust you about keeping what you'll see now a secret, for if the wrong people find out about it, I will be in alot of trouble," he says with a mixture of a amusement and melancholy in his voice.

He looks around to check that noone is watching, then closes his eyes for a moment, and his face gains the expression of complete tranquility. His hands begin to glow in golden light, that quickly envelops the rat's body, and the bright caste mark of the twillight solar exalted apprears on his forehead. With small and precise movements, he carefully applies pressure to the dark bruises on the rat's skin, which begin to slowly recede under his touch.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Hound plants her hands on the edge of the roof and hand-stands off of it, rolling as she comes around into a flip that sends her into the room and landing in a low crouch on both feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still in her crouch she raises her right hand and quietly closes the window for them; as she does she looks up at the two other occupants and raises a single solitary finger to her lips motioning for them to be quiet, her face a serene and unblinking emotionless mask.

"Quiet. No swift moments. I am not your enemy ....." The words sounded cold but unfamiliar on her tongue and slowed her speech. "... unless you want me to be." She frowned and seemed suddenly unsure of herself. "You do not seem to be Yurgen's men. What side of the fence do you play on?"
    Last edited by Zinaida; 2008-01-23 at 11:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Tesciam & Rowan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Anathema," she breathes, wide eyed, unconsciously taking a step backward. "You get away from-" she starts to speak, but is interrupted by the quiet words of her elderly companion (whom you had not noticed when you looked around before) "Quiet, young miss. He is not being what it is you are thinking he is. He is just to be doing a healing now, I can tell," says the old man, staring intently at Tesciam. "I am to be knowing much about the Unclean, sir. So mind yourself to not trying anything untoward, and perhaps we'll not to be setting no armies on you. Say you so?"

Silent Hound:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ma'am, I am trying to have a conversation with my son, if you don't mind," he says, not turning around or looking up from his book. "Furthermore, last I checked I was not associated with any 'Yurgen', nor do I have a whole lot to do with 'fences'. In point of fact I am quite busy, and expect to stay that way for the next couple of days. Good day, ma'am."
    Raiton looks between Hound and the older man somewhat confusedly. Finally sidling over to the door, and opening it with a bow and flashing a wry grin at Hound.
    "Oh by the Hundred Gods! Smile at anything with tits, won't you boy..." sighs the older man, at which Raiton grins wider and winks.

Outside:
    Endo looks somewhat nervously between Gale and Rana. "Quite the kidder this one, ain't he," Endo says to Rana, somewhat awkwardly trying to head off an argument. "Say there mister storyteller, you know any of the stories 'bout Pebble the Dragon? Bit of a local favorite those stories, and Pebble is good friend of Master Wezun, ya know. 'Spose I already know all uh them anyway, though," he says with a nervous laugh, eyes still flicking back and forth, like he is expecting someone to start a fight.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tesciam slightly flinches when the old man suddenly addresses him, but quickly regains his composure. He replies "My name is Tesciam, and I'm a Child of the Unconquered Sun. I would appreciate it if you addressed me by name, whoever you are, and refrain from insulting my caste, or threaten me, at least while I'm trying to help your protege."

He turns to Rowan, and silently sights at the horrified expression on her face. "I wish I could have spared you that shock, but there was no other way to do this. I'm sorry that I startled you."

Then he lowers his eyes back on his patient and gives the healing process his full attention again.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Hound inwardly grimaces disdainfully at the exchange but puts on a bashful smile, her cheeks immediately flushing at the young rogue's attention. She removes her straw traveling hat and pulls back the silk coif to her neck causing a tight bundle of red hair spilling out past her shoulder. She instinctively brushes some stray hair over her shoulder in a dismissive but let's her long bangs frame around her face and dance obscuring over her almond eyes. After fully getting Raiton's attention she saunters out the door, making a small gesture with her hand and an inviting, coy smile for him to follow after she's stepped outside of the room. She leans in close to his neck and whispers in one ear, "Come find me later; I'll wait for you behind the Inn after dark."
    Last edited by Zinaida; 2008-01-24 at 08:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Tesciam & Rowan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Not to be threatening. Just with the telling you. I am knowing of the your kind. Not to be with the offending," says the old man, very carefully and evenly.

"Th-thank you, Tesciam. For helping Wainwright," Rowan says softly.

Silent Hound:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raiton gives a small wave and another wink as he closes the door to the room. Some odd tapping and shuffling noises come from inside, then no sound at all. Moments later one of the riders from outside comes quickly up the stairs and, having not really noticed her, bumps into Silent Hound.
    "Oh, excuse me miss, very sorry," he says, bowing and scraping a little as he moves past. The man was one of a couple riders dressed slightly differently from the rest, up close you see that he wears a heavy cloak covering some sort of odd contraption strapped to his back. The cloak is clasped with a strange piece of metalwork, in the shape of a snowflake.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Lightning
    Lightning's feline eyes fall on Tesciam, appraising the man with a sudden intensity. Chosen of the Unconquered Sun. I've wondered what it would be like to meet one. That would explain why he could pierce my Tell, why he suspected me for more than I was. Leave it to a Lawgiver to ruin my fun.

Satisfied with a short mew towards the healer, the tabby cat turns and approaches Rowan, meowing as if speaking. Lightning imagined the syllables of each word, enjoying the irony.

Hey you, spoiled Dynast, he imagined himself to be saying Have you seen a horrifying Abyssal woman anywhere nearby? Skinny, pale, dark hair, clad in destruction as others wear clothing...you can't miss her.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana stuck out her tongue spitefully at Gale's remark.

"Shows you where you're wrong! That's not innuendo, that's straight-up! My second cousin and I used to make a game of talk like that, actually. Really fun at parties, I tell you! Well, during the boring parts of..."

She trailed off. Again with the blatancy! Rana kept on hesitating, knowing that people outside of the Realm - hell, people INSIDE the Realm - weren't so keen on Houce Cynis's... views on life. He probably already guessed, but it was sooo awkward out here! She couldn't help it!

"...Yeah. Well, either way... You're not doing a very good job of making me care to let you come with me anyway! You're like some kind of mad ancient death machine with no off switch. But, like, for sarcastic jerkery."

She had to leave it at this. She couldn't resist taking jabs at him! But... she had to. Lest she take more physical jabs. Either way, Rana contented herself with this as she walked along with Lesia and Endo.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

Gale

Gale laughs heartily.

"You got me there, S-Rana. But, hey, I'll remember to look for you if I ever need some child's favorite pet killed. I mean, sure, it might take you two shots, but there's always enough time for a second when you're doing something you love, eh? But I'm sure martial art master Wezun won't care about the emotional trauma you've done to one of his charges, even if there's nothing else to keep him entertained at dinner, right?"

Gale walks up to her and claps a hand on her shoulder. He lowers his tone to a bit more of a secretive, though no less emphatic and jovial one.

"I gotta grab my meals somehow. You ruined the one I was gonna have with a nice young girl, so you're gonna pay me back, whether or not you're dining with the big guy. Oh, and if you want your stories to go longer, you should probably try not cutting them off. It makes it sound like you're hiding embarassing secrets. See you at supper, even if you have to whack some more rodents to make it."

He releases his conference hold and turns back to Endo. "I'd love to come. What dragon doesn't have a few good stories these days, eh? But I bet you've got ones even I haven't heard. Let's take a seat so you can tell me your favorite. I think it'll be a while before we leave. And don't worry about Rana there, we just like to joke around with each other. It's nothing, really."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

Yes indeed, she would not leave without that explanation that this dynastic brat.. the /other/ dynastic brat, rather, owed them. No sirree bob, not for hell or high water.. Wait, what was she doing out here? It was almost as if the Loom had broken and rewoven itself in the most convenient fashion.. the taller of the two faux-Dragonblooded ponderred their situation a bit, inwardly reminding herself that if she was going to keep this gig up, she needed to learn much more about the Realm; Preferably, be nigh-encyclopedic about it..

"Children.." She warned teasingly. She already knew she didn't want Gale travelling with them; An obstruction might be interesting, but it wasn't useful. Certainly, not one as tiresome as this one. "Endo, I'd be interested in hearing these stories at well." She politely indicated. Even if she hadn't wanted to, it'd be better then giving Gale the opportunity to continue being antagonistic, she reasoned. The idea that it takes two to tango, as it were, was in this case, lost on her..

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Endo tells a long and surprisingly entaining story of Pebble the Dragon tricking the local Gemlord into giving him his court. As he finishes up, Rowan and Tesciam and a little old man who is introduced as Coal come out of the general store. Rowan is very diligently attending to her giant rat and roundly rebuffs any attempts at conversation.

Additional horses, and a cart for Rowan and Wainwright, having already been gathered the odd assortment of travelers takes to the road. The afternoon is pleasant and the journey seems to go very quickly.

Just as the sun begins to touch to horizon the Estate comes into view. Beautifully crafted wrought iron fences, twice the height of a man at least, surround what must be ten or more acres of well tended and carefully sculpted grounds. The grounds look like a fanciful artists conception of an idyllic woodland scene, trees forming lovely arched passageways, convenient stone paths to and for, and flowering vines draped over most everything. Through the trees a large whitewashed barn and lovely pasture full of wildflowers can be seen.

For a time moving through the grounds it seems as though there could not possibly be a residence of any size hidden in the sparse tree cover. Then turning a corner the Manor is revealed all at once. Three stories of grey and blue marble with gleaming steel accents, the building's curves and points give the impression of a dozen fencers in mid-salute. Elegance, dignity and respect it seems to say.

"Welcome to the Estate, folks. I'll just have the servants get y'all situated 'fore dinner comes along, and let Master Wezun and Tarana the Grey know you're all here," says Endo, bowing and sending a couple of pages off running to get more servants.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

All the while, Rana stayed silent... After Lesia piped up to silence them, she didn't really have the heart to continue. While she tried to listen to Endo's story, her mind was consumed with other thoughts. Among them, getting on with her journey, what the deal with Rowan was, who the hell Coal was, why she kept a giant rat for a pet...

But chiefly, more than anything, Rana brooded on her intense dislike of her new acquiantance, Heavenly Gale. The energetic, if a bit aggressive, girl actually looked a little strange darkly brooding in a pool of selfmade angst, but there she was. Even presented with the 'wonders' of Wezun's manor, which she considered so much poppycock to such things as the capital of the Realm, she stood there, imagining all sorts of dimensions of cutting and slashing and shaming and humiliating that sad, strange little man.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tesciam climbs down from the cart and carefully places the tabby on the ground next to him. He spent the trip in quiet meditation on the cart, only breaking it once in a while to check the giant rat, to pet the tabby he insisted on bringing alone as a token of good fortune, or to throw a quick glance to Rowan or Coal. Now he looks visibly well rested, and takes his time to admire the view on the mansion.

"Thank you, Endo. This is a beautifull park you have here, and a magnificent mansion. Even after all the places I've been to, I have seen few places that can rival it. I'm very much looking forward to strolling through the grounds, and seeing the mansion from the inside. But please tell, while I have of course heard of the famous Varil "One Arm" Wezun, I'm unfamilar with the name of Tarana the Grey. Who would that be?" he asks Endo.
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-26 at 08:19 PM.