New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Exalted: Old Wounds

Leading you all into the elegant building Endo answers Tesciam's query, "Tarana the Grey is Master Wezun's wife. She was kinda a mercenary captain, but these days her company just works for Wezun, mostly." Approaching a large set of double doors Endo excuses himself, and takes Rowan and Coal with him, leaving the guests in the hands of a few domestic servants. The intricately carved doors open of their own accord as you near them, leading into a large central chamber with vaulted ceilings, many elaborate arches and columns, and at least a dozen doorways and passages leading off in various directions.

The servants explain that they are bringing you to the guest suites in the east wing, to allow you each a chance to freshen up before dinner. As you walk down the hallways small red candles set in wall sconces ignite to light the way. Lovely abstract carvings grace all the walls and ceilings you pass through, seemingly designed around the natural veins of blue and green in the marble. Each of you is brought to a small but well appointed room, and asked if you have need of anything.

Back in Narshe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day is largely uneventful after the riders from the Estate leave with Rowan and the odd collection of Travelers. By late afternoon what few locals had been displaying their goods in the market square have packed up and gone either home or to the public house. The general store is closed, and Old Widow Keisha presides over repairs to her wall with very short temper.
    As evening comes on the public house seems to have grown rather crowded, between the Guild traders and the mercenaries staying next door at the Inn. Nothing of particular interest happens during the daytime, but the sun is dropping below the horizon...
    I'm not wearing any pants.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Lightning

Lightning follows constantly at Tesciam's side, trying his best not to draw attention to how very out of place an orange tabby was in a dynastic mansion. At the same time, the part of him that had tasted the cat's blood almost swooned with each passing luxury, eager for the kind of kingly repose that all cats seemed to feel entitled to themselves.

Well now, he pretended to say, meowing softly to the Twilight as they entered the room, do you really know me, or do you just suspect?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A few towels and a bowl of fresh water would be nice, I would like to clean myself before the dinner", Tesciam says to the servant.

After the servant has left, Tesciam begins to inspect the suit, obviously checking if anyone is spying on him. While he is doing that with a mixture of focused concentration and worried nervousness, he seems to chat with himself in the same light and playfull tone he uses around Endo. "This is quite a cozy place, but I still prefer the countryside over any mansion, its more secluded. I guess I'll take a stroll in the park after the dinner to gather my thoughts, you never know when someone is barging in on you in a place like this." With his last sentence, his eyes come to rest on the tabby.
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-28 at 12:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

As Rana entered the inner finery of the mansion, she released some of her jaded sense about the place. Maybe some places outside of the Realm ARE fine? She didn't much pay attention beyond that, though, because she was still imagining interesting ways to hurt Gale... up until the servants began to lead them to their rooms. Rana shifted around to block them from leading her and Lesia away, and levelled her gaze on them.

"I'd like to be roomed with my traveling companion rather than separately."

As she said this, she gestured towards Lesia, to ensure the servant knew who she meant.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Gale

Gale doesn't seem particularly impressed by the place, for whatever reason. He keeps up his usual grin. As everyone is led to the chambers, he overhears Rana's request.

"Oh, so THAT'S how it is. You can probably spare asking for a bigger bed, S-Rana. I'm sure the ones here are large enough for any but the most acrobatic activities you two may decide to take part in." With that parting shot, he ducks into the room he's been led to and closes the door. He does his best to restrain himself from laughing.

While waiting for the feast, Gale, for lack of better wording, monkeys around. He hops on top of things, swings from things, and otherwise fools around in the most acrobatic (and fairly non-destructive) way he can. It's the best thing to do to avoid boredom here (without a companion like that "bodyguard", he muses to himself with a mild snicker).

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

The icy inspector's eyes rolled over to Gale and followed him out, blazing with a new level of hatred for that little comment. Even if it were the case, that kind of.. utterly improper comment was simply unacceptable in public. It was their business, whatever did or did not happen. The nerve of some people. Just because every last relationship he knows was based on sex doesn't make it the only...And other such similar thoughts traveled like wildfire through her mind.

"...Lout" was all she uttered, after a long moment. All the anger in the world wouldn't make him less of a fool. Mercifully, he wasn't aware of her House, or things would probably be worse. She steeled herself, looking back at servant, hoping she wouldn't frighten him. She was less then apt at containing her rage"Despite the reckless Gallant-imitator's... immaturity, I would find it more comfortable to room with Rana. Could that be arranged?"
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-01-29 at 01:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

Lightning

You know something's afoot, don't you, Lawgiver? the tabby thinks to himself, smiling as best he could with the mouth of a cat. When Tesciam turns to him, he winks quickly and then proceeds to--much to his own shock and horror--lick his fur.

This is going to give me such a furball...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

The servants get everyone settled into their rooms, and bring what has been asked for. After a reasonable interval for rest and readying each of you is summoned to dinner. You are led back through the intricately carved hallways, past the strange self-lighting scarlet candles, into a good sized dining hall.
    A stone table of sufficient size to seat a dozen or so guests comfortably dominates the room. A variety of delectable dishes are already arrayed upon the table, and there are four individuals arrayed around it as well.
    Sitting in at the head of the table is the man who must be Varil Wezun. His face looks a carving of a strong and handsome man pitted and worn away by decades of exposure to the elements, now leaving only hints of what was once a proud jawline and elegant nose. The cracks around his eyes and mouth hint at a man of good humor and easy smiles, but the clear gaze of his pale blue eyes pierces through as though he can see through to your very soul and is prepared to cast judgment upon what he sees. He wears a simple off white high-collared tunic that matches closely to his skin color. In place of his right hand an obvious artificial construction is visible, complex mechanical works showing through gaps in the white jade plates shaped in facsimile of a fleshy appendage.
    "Greetings travelers, and welcome to my home and table. I am Kazei Varil Wezun," he says rising gracefully to his feet, with a gesture to the far end of the table he continues, "this is my wife, Tarana the Grey." The woman he indicates looks as cold and lovely as a delicately carved marble statue. Palest white skin and every feature in perfect proportion, if not for the disapproving turn of her lips or her subtly disdainful gaze she might have been the loveliest woman in the room. She wears a sleek and form-fitting dark gray high-collared dress with subtle embroidery implying mountains and strong geometric patterns. At the introduction she nods somewhat perfunctorily. "I believe you have already met the head of my household guard, Endo Stoh'Hollard." Endo grins and nods slightly awkwardly at his introduction. "And here we have Shozei Yushoto Michiko," Wezun gestures to dark-skinned woman sitting at his left. Her short-cropped hair and deeply tanned and somewhat weathered skin mark her as a military woman. She makes a magnanimous gesture toward the new guests and stares into her wine glass as if in deep contemplation. "I'm afraid my ward, Rowan, is feeling rather unwell after all of today's excitement and will not be joining us this evening. The rest of the guests should be along shortly though. Please, sit and make yourselves comfortable."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you for your kind invitation", says Tesciam and bows deeply. "My name is Tesciam, and I'm a traveling healer and fortune teller, at your service. It is an honor to be here."He sits down and exhales silently. Clearly, he is not in his element here.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

As Rana entered the room, it was clear that this time, she was not dressed for travel as she was when the group met her. In fact... now, her red dress - freshly cleaned just for the occasion - was what she was wearing, covered in flowing dragon motifs and abstract elemental designs signifying her deep affiliation with the element of fire. And, she sat down either right next to Lesia, or at least where she knew Lesia would be. Once seated, the Dynast bowed her head slightly, and smiled at Wezun.

"It is quite the splendid dinner, I must agree. I am but a traveler from lands a bit west of here, who goes by the name of Rana. I must admit that I'm surprised a seemingly unrelated person like me would be invited, though! Aware as I am that I was involved in matters pertaining to Lady Rowan, I'm still a bit impressed."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Sitting back down Wezun replies "I try to offer hospitality to travelers as often as I am able. If you'll forgive my being blunt, we just don't get enough 'respectable' types through here to be picky about what sort of company gets brought home to dinner." Servants come and offer drinks once you have seated yourselves. "Besides which, Rana was it? Besides which, if I don't miss my guess you more accustomed to things sorts affairs than I am," says Wezun, laughing. "At heart I am still a military man, retired or not. And I certainly don't mean to pry, your reasons for traveling are your own and no business of ours," he says, glancing briefly at Tarana. "And the villagers will no doubt thank me if I manage to incline traveling healers and storytellers to frequent our quaint little backwater more often anyway," he finishes with nod and wink at Tesciam and Gale.

Back in Narshe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as the sun finishes setting a dark figure strides into the village. Dressed in heavy black leathers with a liberal smattering of spikes and studs, those who see him instinctively avoid eye contact and hurry away. His skin an ebony as deep as the sea on a moonlight night, with flecks of scar tissue here and there standing testament to many hard fought battles, most notably a scar hooking from the right corned of his mouth halfway up his cheek. There is an unevenness to the staccato of his heavy footfalls from what appear to be steel plates bolted onto his right boot.
    The man pauses before the door of the public house briefly, before kicking it open (the door is designed to be pushed open inward so it is not damaged). All heads in the small crowded room immediately turn to the newcomer. Ignoring the attention he walks through the crowd with what might be a wry half-grin or might just be an unfortunate side effect of his nasty facial scar. The patrons of the public house part before him, even clearing a space at the bar as it becomes clear that is where the man is headed. Settling himself heavily at the bar he lets out a deep sigh. "Whatever ya got," the man says, with a rapping his knuckle on the bar once as he speaks. The patrons let out their collective breath and go back to their conversations as the bartender scrambles to get a drink for the man.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That seems to be a bit harsh on the town of Narshe", Tesciam says with a smile and takes a sip from his wine. "When I was there the town seemed to be, well, not really bursting with activity, but with all the traders and mercenaries around, it was sure vivid and I had a hard time trying to rent a place to sleep, which is another reason why your invitation is appreciated so much." He takes another sip. "Speaking of which, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to extend my stay here for a few more days. Back at my village, I was an avid student of the martial arts, but sadly without a skilled teacher I learned little more then the basics. I was hoping for a chance to refresh my knowledge and maybe learn a few new things.
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-30 at 12:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Gale

Gale takes a seat near the other guests. He appears to have cleaned up somewhat, though not much more than anyone could expect him to. Despite looking out of place at the table arrayed with finery, he seems quite at home. He barely partakes in any feasting yet, much less the amount one would expect a starving poor man to. With all his table manners, in any other choice of clothing he would be indistinguishable from a visiting dynast.

"I suppose I don't need much introduction, but I'm Heavenly Gale. Tesciam has only just reminded me of this place's true nature, though. It seems so much like a palace that I forgot it was a training ground. You wouldn't mind if I also stayed to gather some tales, would you?" He's acting nothing like the strange mannerless man from the village.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Spoiler
    Show

Afterwards Hound merely slipped outside and hid in plain sight till the sun began to set. She stopped dead in her tracks when the stranger appeared and made such an .. odd .. entrance to the Inn. Curiosity got the better of her and blowing off her prior engagement she followed in after the room settled from the man's passing, finding a spare place to sit in any corner available.
    Last edited by Zinaida; 2008-01-30 at 11:38 PM.
    A tale set in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Giving a slight sigh Tarana the Grey speaks up, "We actually have something of a full schedule right now, I'm sureyou understand." She gives a small insincere smile.

"Nonsense dear, we can manage one more in the morning training sessions without any trouble. And Heavenly Gale, I've no doubt Endo will be willing to find some time to share a few tales with you, he makes a bit of a hobby of collecting local legends. If you're willing to help him with the children you might be able to get a story or two out of Coal, too. Old fellow studies some strange lore, no doubt he knows one or two you wouldn't have heard," says Wezun, causing Tarana's expression to freeze into immobility but for a deep steady intake of breath. "Of course you're right dear. How silly of me," murmurs Tarana the Grey.

"Hah! Sure why not," slurs the previously silent Yushoto Michiko, "might as well just invite ever'body in at this point." She laughs grimly into her wineglass as she speaks. "Michiko," says Wezun, his expression darkening momentarily, "perhaps you have overindulged. Maybe you want to go lie down before you make yourself sick?"

Lurching up from her seat, Yushoto Michiko drains her glass in one glup and says, "Yes, of course. Can't 'barass you front of all our honored guests, now can I..." Walking unevenly out of the room she waves off a servant who comes to assist her, continuing to chuckle grimly the whole time.

"I apologize for Michiko's behavior. It is in no way directed at any of you, she has something of a personal problem with the other guests we are entertaining," explains Wezun.

Back in Narshe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dark man receives his drink and in one smooth motion downs the entire thing. "Another," he says. Looking over at the man sitting next to him at the bar he says, "You're one of them Guild traders, right?" The other man nods nervously. "How much you charging a head?" asks the dark man. The Guild trader indicates a price of about eight dinars. "Many you got?" In response the traders tells him he has twenty strong healthy males and eight not suitable for heavy labor. "Take jade weight?" the dark man asks, pulling a jade shekel out of his shirt. Speechless for a moment, the Guild trader finally stammers his assent. "Have 'em ready in the morning then," says the dark man pushing the slab of jade across the bar to the Guild trader.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Umm, yes..." Tesciam mumbles, slightly confused by Michiko's outburst. He looks after her with a puzzled look till she has left the room, then turns back to Wezun. "I hope we did not...hmm." He ponders what he has just heard for a moment, then continues: "Shozei, isn't that a fairly high military rank in the seventh legion of Lookshy? I've never been part of any military force myself, but it does not hurt to know who is in charge of a situation, especially not if you make a living as a traveling healer and deal with the military." He smiles lightly, more to himself then to anyone else though. "But you must have some peculiar guests if they upset her so much. Who are they?"
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-01-31 at 12:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Lesia politely listened to the Dragonblooded, feeling somewhat like a fish out of water. Even after being raised in it, ceremony was less then her strong point. Though as always.. there were questions to be had. But.. not now, at what was obviously a ceremonious occasion. And yet, the mood was already ruined.. so many questions. Perhaps the most germane one first.

Or someone else can handle it slightly more bluntly. Hm, well then. "I must admit to have wonderred same thing of our honorred hosts, though I do hope you'll forgive us our.. curiosity. I know I can speak for myself and my companion that we've been left with some questions after the events of the day... It's been.. interesting." And unsatisfying, she added quietly to herself.
    Last edited by Rutee; 2008-01-31 at 12:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

A brief and awkward silence descends over the table. Endo just looks back and forth between everyone uneasily, and Tarana the Grey looks expectantly at Wezun with a small cruel smile. "Ahh, well, yes. The matter with Rowan was of no great import. She is simply reaching an age where she feels the need for independence, but has not yet come to realize the kind of dangers inherent in traveling without a proper escort. Perhaps it is my fault for having taught her too well how to take care of herself. It is easy to be confident in one's abilities when you have never faced an enemy who truly wished you harm, after all," explains Wezun, without making nearly as much eye contact as he did during previous conversation. "Just wantin' to have herself an adventure, I reckon," pipes up Endo, "without a bunch of guards like me clamoring to keep her out of harms way that is."

"Ahh, and here are our other guests," announces Wezun, standing again to indicate three figures coming in from the south hallway.

The first a tall man, wearing a conical straw hat and simple somber brown peasant's tunic and trews over extensive white bandaging that covers what little flesh would otherwise be exposed. He plods in without any apparent grace, halting unevenly shortly through archway into the room as if he is not sure whether he should simply be seated or wait for the introductions to finish. You can tell by the movement of his hat that he looks back at his other companions in an attempt to divine what the socially appropriate action might be.
    "Here we have Putrefacted Architect in Flesh and Marrow, I believe it was. Whom I am informed is something of an expert craftsman and a physicker of sorts, perhaps you could discuss some sort of professional matters with him, Tesciam?"

Next comes a slight pale woman, with dark shoulder length hair and a soft kind sort of face that puts you in mind of a favorite aunt or friendly neighbor woman who would look after you as a child. She wears a simple gown of black silk, with a distinctly funerary look to it, and a wispy hint of a veil over her face. Entering the room she smiles brightly and bows slightly to everyone.
    "And this would be The Smith of Stolen Tongues, whom has been an exceedingly gracious and well mannered guest here the last couple of days," says Wezun.
    "You are too kind, good Master Varil. It is you who have been the very soul of patience and goodwill, Pasiap himself would laud your efforts," she replies, grinning good-naturedly at Wezun.

Finally comes a stunning, but decidedly unhealthy looking, woman striding into the room almost violently. Her skin is pale past the point of translucency, with the blue-green tinge of a body left long in the sea, but with nary a blemish, pore or imperfection to be seen. Hair that might have been a dark blonde before being color shifted like her skin pours down her back in luxurious cascades and curls. Small yet full lips that appear to have made it to almost a shade of purple without any hint of artificial pigment adorn her face, along with large subtly curved eyes the color of good emeralds, and an odd trio of tattoos on her left cheek; three diamond shapes, two of pure black and another a pristine white that is almost lost on her pale skin. She is clothed is some sort of strange dark metallic bustier, long bracers of the same dark (almost light drinking) material grace her arms, and a long tattered black skirt held up by a much worse-for-wear length of rope secured around an odd dark metal chevron. Upon entering she plants one hand on her rather shapely hip, and turns her head slowly surveying the room before seating herself next to Heavenly Gale with an explosive, and exasperated sounding, sigh.
    "And finally Daughter of Unending Tumult. She is, ahh... not much for these sorts of social events, but has graciously agreed to join us tonight regardless," says Wezun, prompting Daughter of Unending Tumult to roll her eyes theatrically and slump in her seat.

Gracefully seating herself between Rana and Tarana the Grey, The Smith of Stolen Tongues says, "I regret to say Vitreous Flow of the Labyrinthine River may not be able to make it. He has not yet come back from Narshe. His errands may have taken long enough that he will not return until the morrow." While she speaks Putrefacted Architect in Flesh and Marrow finally manages to gather himself enough to take a seat next to Endo.

"Well, now that we are all here," says Wezun, "let us get started on the meal in ernest, shall we?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

Gale

Gale pretends to be not at all perturbed by the half-dead-looking guests. While he doesn't seem to mind that the most shapely of them has seated herself next to him, the theme runs a little too strongly.

"So, uh, Tumult," he says, searching for the most appropriate part of her name to use, "do you all come from the same place, or same family, or something?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

As the parade of exceedingly darkly-styled people with painfully flowery-but-gothic names (Hm. Sort of like Lesia's teacher with the long name... name... that Rana totally forgot at this point.), Rana looked down at the glass of wine at her spot on the table. After a second or two of solemn meditation, Rana grabbed the glass and slugged down the wine in one stroke... and immediately wished Wezun had something with a little more punch. Buuut. Best not to expect Cynis hospitality in a house of Lookshy.

But as Rana gazed over the spread, she just... just no. She didn't even dignify it with an emotion. But... she did look at Lesia, and nudge her slightly, flashing a really worried look (that she tired to conceal from the rest of the table), before turning back to her meal... and her empty, lonely wineglass.

21. - Top - End - #111

Lightning

Lightning had skulked in at Tesciam's side, and had since made himself comfortable at his feet, finally beginning to understand why cats were so often wont to curl up into balls. Even still, his ears wiggled and his whiskers flashed as the guests entered, the curious feeling of borrowed senses that Lightning couldn't quite understand yet.

Then he said that name. Her name.

With the most quiet and dignified shock he could muster, Lightning jumped into Tesciam's lap, terrified and uncertain.

She's here. Oh dear sweet Luna, she's here. And...I can't do anything. Not with so many here, Dragonblooded...and those friends of hers must be...oh dear. She's never seen me before, and she's certainly not seeking an Exalt of Luna here. She won't notice me. What would she even notice?

Just then, Lightning realized that quite how strange Tesciam would look with a cat in his lap staring intently at the Daughter, and so, naturally, Lightning put on a show of jumping for whatever the Lawgiver had on his plate, if anything, as if that had been his goal all along.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Daughter of Unending Tumult

"Ugh, not even! We just, like, work together. No relation," says Daughter of Unending Tumult with a shudder. As a servant comes to fill her wine glass she reaches up and grabs the bottle. Looking around the table again she sighes a little, before looking back at Heavenly Gale. "Guess you'll have to do, not like there's anybody else decent looking around here..."

The Smith of Stolen Tongues

Smiling gently at Rana she asks, "What brings you through this area, if it's nothing too private? We are here to investigate some historical sites, provided we are able to secure permission from Lookshy and Narshe that it is."
    A slightly flustered servant comes a moment later and fills both Rana's glass and The Smith of Stolen Tongues'.

Putrefacted Architect in Flesh and Marrow

He just sort of sits stiffly, with his arms crossed over her chest. Gives a brief nod to Tesciam, and waves away the servant who comes to fill his glass.

Back in Narshe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guild trader takes the dark man's money, and hurries nervously out of the public house to the Inn next door. The dark man sips his second drink slowly.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Gale

Gale chuckles a little.

"Well, normally I'd say try for her," he gestures his head in Rana's direction, ", but she's taken, and her 'bodyguard' is pretty damn irritable. I'm flattered, though."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

When the guests enter, Tesciam rises to greet them, but the warm smile on his face freezes into stunned disbelieve when he sees and hears the names of the newcomers. When the third person enters though, something like a flash of recognition passes over his face, then smiling a smile that doesn't quite reach the eyes, he sits back down, takes a sip from his wine and tenderly strokes the tabby that is sitting on his plate eating his food.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Slowly swirling the wine in his glass, Tesciam raises an eyebrow when he overhears The Smith of Stolen Tongues' comment and turns to her "Historical sites? So you here on some sort of "sight seeing" enterprise? I'm not aware of any cultural sites in the nearer vicinity of Nashe, but then I'm not a local. It sounds interesting though, what are you looking for? Maybe I can be of assistance somehow."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Like clockwork, Rana took her wine again... a bit slower. A bit saner. Then, she glanced over at... at... damnable names, what could she?... Smith? No, that's a boy's name! Tongue? Oh for the love of Hesiesh that SUCKS for a name. By the dragons WHY did she have to address someone with such an unfortunate name? But, gathering her thoughts together a bit more closely, she replied with an even, slightly spunky tone. Even if it killed her.

"Well! Me and my companion here were trying to track down this notorious criminal from the west, and stopped by here for supplies, is all."

She blinked, the thought entering her head that she might have been a bit too truthful, even with such vague information. But... hm. She didn't know scads about it, but the really dark names and all that "Hay I'm a corpse lolz." look these 'guests' had going reminded her about something a Ledaal she met at a party once had been talking about. Something about death... deathlords? Deathknights? Deathjesters?... No. That last one was dumb. But they were a kind of Anathema or something. Maybe Lesia knew more about it, being a big Sorceress and all and knowing about this kinda thing?

Nudge nudge. She couldn't SAY anything to her, but Rana could definitely remind Lesia that this was a Not Good Thing. And speaking of NotGoodThings? That overbearing harlot of a deathchick was, if a bit resignedly (Rana supposed even deathheads had some taste), flirting with Gale! Hee, maybe she'll eat his brains or rot his... Yeah. Either way, she giggled slightly in her own perverse loathing, using it as a handle to weaken some of the disquiet she felt at the gathering.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

The Smith of Stolen Tongues

"Yes Tesciam, there actually are a number of interesting areas in the vicinity. The original Ashebenford Castle has been empty since the Contagion, supposedly some of the old guardian demons still lurk there, and the rumors have kept the locals away. I understand Lookshy has given some cursory examinations and found little of interest, but we hope a more thorough investigation might turn something up. If the General Staff can be persuaded to allow it, we would also like to try our hand at getting into Gunzota, we do have access to some tools and techniques that the Seventh Legion may not have tried," she speaks to Tesciam with a smile and a polite level of eye contact. When Rana speaks she turns to her, still smiling.

"From the West? Or do you just mean west of where we are now?" The Smith of Stolen Tongues asks. "Daughter of Unending Tumult is from the far West originally. So perhaps she might have heard of the one you seek," she says by way of explanation.

Daughter of Unending Tumult

At Gale's comment she glances at Rana, "Ugh, so not my type. Looks like she's from the Realm, and those are always so stuck up, like they think they're better you or something. Whatever." Hearing The Smith of Stolen Tongues mention she is from the West Daughter of Unending Tumult rolls her eyes and sighs audibly.

Back in Narshe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dark man finishes his second drink, and gets up from the bar and walks out of the public house. A few of the mercenary guards from the Guild caravan whisper amongst themselves while he is leaving, and all exit the building together shortly after he does.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Banned

Lesia ate in silence for some time, quietly observing the other guests. There was something very.. familiar about them, but she hoped it was mere coincidence. The mention of the Realm brought a cautious look.. hopefully that wasn't taken seriously. PErhaps Michiko would like to tell me about them? If she can be found.. someone that drunk will not go to sleep, I suspect. They'll go drink more until they have to be dragged back.

"If you could excuse me a moment, honored host, I need to take care of personal matters.." Hopefully that gives me 10 minutes or so. Maybe longer, depends on how attentive Weizun and his wife are. Probably very..

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Rana made it a point to, interrupting her giggle-fest at Gale's likely horrendous fate, glance at Lesia with a bit of a 'And leave me to slog through this?' look, but then shrugged. She couldn't really... She was better suited for this, after all! So, gazing back at... Ms. Unfortunate Name, Rana shook her head.

"West of here, not THE West. My apologies! But... No, I don't think she would have. But still! It is good to have hospitality at this juncture at any rate, wouldn't you agree? Hm. What is it that you plan to find in those places, though? Treasure, or...?"

Rana intentionally left her words hanging, wondering what the reaction would be.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

Gale

"Hm. Normally I'd caution about stereotyping, but in her case, you're spot-on. She's also rather violent. And the Imperials think we're the distasteful ones. How do they live with themselves, I wonder." By this point, Gale has subtly polished off two full plates and is working on his third. One wonders when exactly he managed to do that...