New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Into the Breach: OOC

wow, a lot happened!
    I couldn't load GitP for a while yesterday, and just when I could, I had to leave .
    I'll try to catch up

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by LatemYvaeh View Post
    @Darius need a clarification. The size of the cloaked figure small, medium or large. and do I think he could have fit down the drain

Int Check [roll0]
    The cloaked figure was definitely of medium build.

@Dustyme - you are pushing the limits of what a pretidigitation spell can do.

Prestidigitations are minor tricks that novice spellcasters use for practice. Once cast, a prestidigitation spell enables you to perform simple magical effects for 1 hour. The effects are minor and have severe limitations. A prestidigitation can slowly lift 1 pound of material. It can color, clean, or soil items in a 1-foot cube each round. It can chill, warm, or flavor 1 pound of nonliving material. It cannot deal damage or affect the concentration of spellcasters. Prestidigitation can create small objects, but they look crude and artificial. The materials created by a prestidigitation spell are extremely fragile, and they cannot be used as tools, weapons, or spell components. Finally, a prestidigitation lacks the power to duplicate any other spell effects. Any actual change to an object (beyond just moving, cleaning, or soiling it) persists only 1 hour.

Silent image is the spell you are looking for.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-23 at 09:31 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'm back. I'll read the IC thread and transfer Kirke, along with her backstory, to Coyotecode, then I'll start posting. Anyone mind giving me a short summary of what I should know?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Short summary

You were commisioned by the Captain of the town gaurd to guard a shipment of food to an outpost in payment for you Marque of Free Service
    You all accepted the task and went to find lodging
    Shortly after you sat down for a meal with your new traveling companions two new people showed up at the tavern with letters of introduction
    One of them a Half Orc who gave his name a Jomei said that some one was tring to break into the warehouse where the horses and the goods you were guarding are located. So most everyone went outside to investigate
    Latem Yvaeh

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

YAY! A transmuter!

Don't worry, barely anything has happened yet and things have to start Really Getting underway.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I see. Well, I'll see what I can get done. There's lots of schoolwork to be done though, so I might still be a bit slow. I'm working on it though.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

No Worries should we assume you are in the Inn or Following us around staying out of the way
    Latem Yvaeh

8. - Top - End - #98

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Rux Ealdorman View Post
    YAY! A transmuter!

Don't worry, barely anything has happened yet and things have to start Really Getting underway.
    Oh, to the contrary...they most certainly have

Post up when you can, Maryring. You can put your character in whichever place you would like (in Rosie's or outside) for character knowledge.

Just to add what has been accounted for in Maryring's presence:

1) our Knight and Marshall have been inside the warehouse and can give a good description of what the goods inside
    2) one of the pair saw a Rodent of Unusual Size with beady red eyes that glittered with intelligence.
    3) this same rat went down one of the drain holes that leads to the sewers before anything could be done about it
    4) later, outside the warehouse, a dark cloaked man was seen fiddling with the lock.
    5) the figure was chased, but lost
    6) the dog, Best tracked the point of escape to a street sewer hole (like those in gutters)
    7) where a set of thieves tools were found (that presumably belonged to the same figure)
    8) this gutter access is too small for a typical medium sized person to get down, but an animal like a collie or cat (Best or Toby) or a small sized person could get down with little difficulty.
    9) Jomei figures that the distance down to the water is about 10' or so,
    10) and an outlet pipe is near the docks area that the party could go in enmasse (as long as they wouldn't mind getting cold and wet).
    11) the building seems reasonably secure, with Opa having the keys to the locks on the door around his neck.
    12) besides the side door and the large double doors, the only other access points are the skylight and the sewer holes.
    13) the ship is to be loaded tonight (it is early evening, but dark due to the wintery weather) and will leave at dawn
    14) if all of the goods do not get delivered to Sir Laurel Boomgren at Big Rapids, no letter of Marquee, and most likely you'll all have to pay some sort of fine on top of that.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

forgot to make this:
    knowledge nature - (1d20)[19] For big rats with red eyes, possibly in relation to medium figures disappearing in small holes.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You know I am kicking my self forgetting two of the cardinal peices of equipment right now Silver Dagger and Small Mirror
    Latem Yvaeh

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Too bad my character didn't see that rat, because I think I know what that is. In fact, I can almost positively say exactly what we're dealing with here. Too bad I've lost so much time. Unfortunately, there's some problems with Coyotecode when I try to get there, so it looks like I must brace myself for another day of delay. I'll see what I can do but... well, I'm still around at least.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

@Bender

I was the one that saw the rat, and although I mentioned it was big, the only thing I said about its eyes were that they were "unusual."

@Darius
    I posted the "waiting to see if Opa follows" message before yours went up, not sure why it didn't register until afterwards. I've been having trouble posting to the IC threat, hopefully it doesn't continue.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

You guys are killing me .

You keep asking for a thief among each other and nobody asks the question were my PC can hear it. I assumeit's just IC vs nobody expecting me to go "Yea, I can. Lucky for usI have a real quality set of lockpicks right here..."

LMAOROTF...
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

As far as I'm concerned, you're a caster until shown to be otherwise :) Unless of course I was with you when Opa called you a thief...but I think I walked up as you walked away.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I was looking over my sheet, and according to my "light/medium/heavy load" chart, i can pick up 300 lbs over my head, which I think means anybody else in the party... I just thought that would be handy information to have around.
    time as surrogate religion
    Nathan (Into the Breach)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaeryl View Post
    @Bender

I was the one that saw the rat, and although I mentioned it was big, the only thing I said about its eyes were that they were "unusual."
    Sorry about that. Knowledge check still goes for big rats and possibly unusual variants. Mellavin's not extremely likely to get links, but you never know.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dustyme while I know you have the skills and tools Jomei has no clue. I do my best to keep OOC vs IC knowledge seperated as I am sure everyone else does as well. Just like I have a very good idea how that Medium size person got through a small size grate though with out having seen the Rat and its eyes compared to the person and his eyes I don't even feel comfortable speculating via a knowledge check to see if I am correct.
    Latem Yvaeh

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Hence why I was laughing at the situation
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yup here we are climbing the outside of the building and thinking about walking through the sewers and freezing when we had the key right here

Grabs Jax and uses him as a battering ram

Hehehe
    Latem Yvaeh

20. - Top - End - #110

PirateCaptain

Sorry for not posting yesterday - I have come down with influenza B - not fun. I will try to get things going here.

grego (Nathan) and others, the warehouse is approximately 3 to 2.5 stories tall (like other warehouses). So, boosting someone up will not work to lift him to the roof. You can boost someone as an "aid another action" which, if successful, will give a person a +2 on their check. Since the drainspout is the best method to climb (other than a knotted rope/grappling hook), one may wish to consider starting there.

@Bender (Mellavin) - Sounds like a dire rat to you. Your experience in the woods have allowed you to know about shapeshifters. Druids can shift their shape as can creatures whom have been infected by a lycanthrope. Perhaps this is a wererat?

To all - I should echo LatemYvaeh's ooc/ic knowledge reminder. I am sure that many of you have figured out by now what/who the figure was, and I am glad that no one has had their character say something regarding it. It is good practice (and more fun in my opinion) to not play as such. Therefore, it allows me (the DM) to award XP for good roleplaying and the like, since you are all doing so. So keep it up!

IC post coming up...
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, Kirke should finally be done. Well... mostly. I can't decide what to buy with the money. Am I allowed to buy spells for her spellbook?

Regardless, here is her sheet, and with the DM's blessing, I would like to start posting.

http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3261

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope Jaeur's assessment and decision is viewed in the light in which it was intended! Since there's nothing special to use against druids, and the possibility of the rat being a were-beast is there, silvered weapons make good sense.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

23. - Top - End - #113

PirateCaptain

To explain what Gregor is talking about (since Thieves' Cant/Innuendo is no more):

He appears to be the local "gumba-in-charge" (or at least considers himself to be) and has a bunch of other rogue hangers-on to help out from muscle to what else. He appears to be fencing goods of all sort (fine leather goods, exotic weapons, information, etc.) so perhaps he is the black market/smuggler type.

The offer he has made is one of "insurance" - which means payment to him shall insure that his men shall leave your goods alone. Plus that could mean (namely if the gold is enough) that anyone else whom tries to take the the goods off of your hands would have the ire of Gregor and his gang. Now, with money in hand (which is the only way he will help), it is up to Gregor to decide how much he will help. For instance, if a dragon takes interest in the goods...good luck! Some other gang...it's on!

To answer the question as to where one could go shopping - market is closed. You could purchase items at the trading good store, but I doubt it is open at this hour. If only there was someone who knows a guy who can get those sort of things...
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

And serendipity strikes again: I just encountered the phrase "... into the breach" in the book I'm reading
    Ok, after sharing this divine experience, I'm going to do something important

25. - Top - End - #115

PirateCaptain

To make sure we don't get stale, I am going to push the group ahead a bit ooc-wise.

Correct me if I am wrong:

1) It looks like the funds/nor the moral compass of majority exists to recruit the help of the gypsie gang.
    2) Party wishes to guard goods from the inside
    3) Methods to guard goods:
    ...3a) get key from Opa (seems he doesn't like some of the party due to their lack of honesty, so this would need to be done by other means.)
    ...3b) pick lock
    ...3c) break in (smash lock)
    ...3d) climb through skylight
    ...3e) climb in through pipe and in through sewers
    ...3f) others I am missing? reduce person spell from wizard?

Let me know what method you guys wish to do.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll go have a chat with Opa. With my Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive, it should be relatively easy to convince him of a misunderstanding and gain his trust and aid.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

the rolls I screwed up IC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    darkvision:
    general spot upon entering - (1d20+2)[12]
    spot in holes - (1d20+2)[18]
    general listen upon entering - (1d20+5)[19]
    listen in holes - (1d20+5)[23]

28. - Top - End - #118

PirateCaptain

Warehouse map update. I added character icons and heights of crates.

map directions:
    Spoiler
    Show

1st - To use, you copy the goofy text from the line with BEGIN all the way down to the one with END (it works best if you CTRL C it instead of using your mouse).

2nd - Then you click on the link -> http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/

3rd - Paste (CTRL V) copied text for map in the smaller rectangle under the bigger box (the one with the scroll arrows).

4th - click Load Map button

5th - look at map as reference to posting

Also the other buttons like Cycle Grid allows graph papers of different types to be used.

The text I linked at the top is the one that needs to be used due to a glitch.

Warehouse map:
    Spoiler
    Show

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
    *s -3 f bs rs 0 1 *s -3 f b6 rs 0 2 *s -3 e ag rs 0 3 *s -3 c 9s
    @rs 0 4 *s -3 c 99 rs 0 5 *s -3 c 8f rs 0 6 *s -3 d 7s rs 0 7 *s
    @-3 c 78 rs 0 8 *s -3 c 6g rs 0 9 *s -3 9 5u rs 0 10 *s -3 a 58
    @rs 0 11 *s -3 8 4f rs 0 12 *s -3 9 3s rs 0 13 *s -3 9 36 rs 0 14
    @*s -3 8 2h rs 0 15 *s -3 9 1u rs 0 16 *s -3 b 16 rs 0 17 *s -3 7
    @j rs 0 18 *s -3 x cd rs 0 a *s -3 1m ce rs 0 b *s -3 28 cf rs 0
    @c *s -3 2w cf rs 0 d *s -3 3l cg rs 0 e *s -3 4c cg rs 0 f *s -3
    @4x cd rs 0 g *s -3 5k cg rs 0 h *s -3 6c ce rs 0 i *s -3 6y cf
    @rs 0 j *s -3 7m cd rs 0 k *s -3 83 cf rs 0 *s -3 8b cf rs 0 l *s
    @-3 8z cd rs 0 m *s -3 9m cg rs 0 n *s -3 aa cf rs 0 o *s -3 aw
    @cd rs 0 p *s -3 cz cc rs 0 *s -3 d2 c9 rs 0 *s -3 cy cb rs 0 *s
    @-1 5c 4n rs 0 0 -20 -40 -20 4o 5c 4o 5c -40 -20 -40 *s j 3j 50
    @25e 2f5 *s j 6b 9a yc 185 *s f 7f 4b pg -6 *s f 5v 3d rs 0 *s f
    @7n 4w yq 2fa *s f 64 49 rs 0 *s d 7t 37 1bc -6 *s d 63 4q 1nz
    @17m *s d 80 49 1fx -17i *s d 6b 35 1f8 -2 *s g 5o 2z 1fv 5 *s g
    @67 5b 1zb 2fa *s h 71 32 hv -9r *s h bo 11 i1 -9r *s j bo 1q rs
    @0 *s f b9 2e rs 0 *s g bn 2j rs 0 *s a 8h 1p 1q6 -1 *s a 6z 1p
    @1pu -8 *s a 5f 1p 1pw -2f0 *s a bm 3p rs 0 *s -3 cb 18 rs 0 *s
    @-3 71 4q rs 0 *s -3 c8 14 rs 0 sewer access *s -3 cb 1s rs 0
    @door *s -3 ca 3w rs 0 sky-light *s h 70 71 jn -3w *s g 83 3c rs
    @0 *s g 87 30 17x -7 *s -3 1d 65 rs 0 River Run *s -3 72 b7 rs 0
    @Rosie's *s -1 14 2s rs 0 0 w 2s w k o s 14 s w k *s -1 14 4g rs
    @0 0 w 28 w 48 w 4g o 48 14 48 w 4g *s -1 2c 60 rs 0 0 2c 40 2c
    @60 *s -1 5c 60 rs 0 0 -o 40 5c 40 5c 60 *s -3 66 47 rs 0 5' *s
    @-3 61 5g rs 0 5' *s -3 5r 4v rs 0 10' *s -3 7u 4d rs 0 10' *s -3
    @7j 52 rs 0 5' *s -3 8b 3i rs 0 5' *s -3 7f 3f rs 0 10' *s -3 6a
    @32 rs 0 10' *s -3 57 32 rs 0 5' *s -3 5g 3q rs 0 5' *s -3 76 45
    @rs 0 5' *s -3 8c 55 rs 0 *s -3 7o 4t rs 0 *s -3 86 52 rs 0 10'
    @*s d 8b 4s 12r 17a *s d be 32 18q 17i *s d c1 30 rs 0 *s -3 cd
    @36 rs 0 10' crates *s -3 cc 2g rs 0 5' crates *s -3 d8 56 rs 0 *s
    @-1 7c 3c rs 0 0 40 1c 40 3c 7c 3c 7c 20 40 1c *s -3 c2 74 rs 0
    @side view *s i b9 52 rs 0 *s d cg 6a rs 0 *s g c5 6h rs 0 *s g
    @cq 6h rs 0 *s d d9 6a rs 0 *s g dj 6g rs 0 *s -3 ax 4h rs 0
    @skylight *s -1 5k 2k rs 0 0 5c 24 5k 2k 5k 2c *s 0 bo 8b rs 0 *s
    @1 bo 9n rs 0 *s 2 bn 7n rs 0 *s 3 bo ad rs 0 *s 4 br cx rs 0 *s
    @5 bn bn rs 0 *s 8 bo 8z rs 0 *s 1 bp cc gu h *s -3 cd 7x rs 0
    @Daven *s -3 ch 8m rs 0 *s -3 ce 8k rs 0 Jaeur *s -3 cf 95 rs 0
    @Jax *s -3 ca 9w rs 0 Jomei *s -3 ch ak rs 0 Kirke *s -3 cj b8 rs
    @0 Mellavin *s -3 cg bu rs 0 *s -3 ci bv rs 0 Nathan *s -3 ci ch
    @rs 0 *s -3 ci ci rs 0 Shep *s -3 cj d5 rs 0 Zaefner *s 0 bp b0
    @kh 9
    *END 5ddymi
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

29. - Top - End - #119

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by GimliFett View Post
    I'll go have a chat with Opa. With my Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive, it should be relatively easy to convince him of a misunderstanding and gain his trust and aid.

Are you sure you will want to do that? IC thread indicates that Mellavin (whom I am sure will inform the party) that he hears rats having "conversations" in the sewers below.

An experienced veteran like yourself would think it may be a good time to set up tactical as quickly as possible.

For my riders, one could ride around inside (it is an average of 2.5 stories in here). However, it is DARK. That means only Jomei and Mellavin can see - the animals can smell things, but that only reveals when something is there.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Are you sure you will want to do that? IC thread indicates that Mellavin (whom I am sure will inform the party) that he hears rats having "conversations" in the sewers below.

An experienced veteran like yourself would think it may be a good time to set up tactical as quickly as possible.

For my riders, one could ride around inside (it is an average of 2.5 stories in here). However, it is DARK. That means only Jomei and Mellavin can see - the animals can smell things, but that only reveals when something is there.
    I had written that prior to the warehouse being unlocked. Much to my consternation. I shall amend my recent post shortly. I'll probably pop a sunrod immediately and try and find something with which to barricade the doorway to prevent escapes.