New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A Fool's Errand

1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A Fool's Errand

Kat

Kat drearily looks up from where she's been trudging along in somewhat of a daze behind Bob. It's clear the death of Dan, however brief his time in the fellowship, is affecting her. Thus it takes her a moment to register what Ric has said and is about to do and what Bob is doing. When the realization of the events around her sinks in, the expression on her face goes quickly from horror to anger to horrified, angry bewilderment.

You two! Ric and Bob! What in the thousand thieves do you think you are doing!? I'm the mechanical and magical expert when it comes to making sure mundane items don't kill people, not you! I already let one of my oversights cost a life already, I'm not repeating that again. At least not today.

She goes over to where Dan is working with the mysterious cabinet of magic and begins to poke around.

Have you even fiddled around for trip wires or faddled around for pressure plates? This is a mad wizard we're dealing with here. Nothing is beyond him. And, Bob, please, for my sake, do not climb your tower.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the delay, internet and computer were down but both are back up, along with a drive wipe . I apologize for keeping the game waiting without letting anyone know.

Anyway, Kat's searching the cabinet and area behind as much as possible without moving the cabinet.
    search - (d20+17)[20]
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Kat:
    Spoiler
    Show

After a thorough search, you can't see anything out of the ordinary on or around the cabinet.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Bob

As the dwarf eyes his rickety tower, he looks down from the trap door in the ceiling and his eyes folllow the line of stairs to the floor level. Smacking himself in the helmet with his gauntleted fist, he growls:

"Why did'na anybody tell me them durn stairs went up to tha' door in the ceiling?!""

Taking the chair off the table, he walks over to the base of the stairs and looks over at Kat,

"Well, if'n yer tha expert...git on up there and make sure that trap door and livin up to it's name"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ric

Ric holds his hands up in surrender and backs a couple steps away from the cabinet for Kat to get at it.

While she works, his eyes wander to the tower of furniture Bob is disassembling. He begins to mention what a shame it is that Bob didn't get a chance to try out his homemade ladder, but then remembers what happened the last time someone fell on this adventure.

He lowers his gaze back over to Kat.

Spoiler
    Show

Welcome back, an kobold!

It really is a shame Bob doesn't get to climb his tower -- I can see it clear as day in my head, him teetering there, reaching for the latch and standing on the chair with just one foot as it sways back and forth.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oli

Oli putters around going through as many bottles as he can, dusting them off, reciting soliloquies about the various things he thinks this may be and completely ignores eveything else going on in the room.

He's a bit put off when he realizes there's a crowd around one of the cabinents when he gets to it. He patiently waits his turn about as long as you'd expect and then starts asking, "Hey, uh, before you do that, can you hand me that bottle? Yeah, the green one and the purple one next to it."

Spoiler
    Show

I'm still here, just really have nothing to add when it comes to magic cabinents, traps and possible secret doors, etc.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.