New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Union of The Serpent, The Second Generation.

It was mid-day, the sun was at it's highest point in the sky, not a cloud in sight. You'd hardly think there was a war going on, especially one that decided wether or not you'd be here tomarrow.
    The six of you had never really met before, but as you stood at the gates blocking the large stairs that lead up to the palace, you had a gut feeling you were all here for the same reason.
    The large castle was a light blue, as though it had been made of mithril, and shimmered in the sunlight above it, with a golden gate gaurding it.
    The guards opened the gate, and one to your left spoke up.
    "You may now enter the palace of his royal highness."

A little reluctantly you made your way up the long stairs, until you came to two large wooden doors, which slowly creeked open. A mand dressed in purple robes greeted you.
    "Greetings, I am chamberlain Joeseph the third. I will be guiding you to his majesty."
    Quietly, the old man guided you down the halls, he seemed to float over the ground, and it gave an eerie feeling when combined with his unaturaly pale skin.
    As you turned a few corners you could hear grunts, and battle cries, and the sounds of something hitting the floor. The sounds continued to grow louder until you came to a second set of large wooden doors, decorated with a golden snake, coiling upon itself.
    The chamberlain drew a sigil from his robes and held it up to the door, and it slowly creaked open. As they opened you were greeted to the sun, spilling into the room from a large window high above the throne.

A man, with long black hair, and clad in woodsman breeches and a chainmail shirt, was cutting down dummies that had been magically enchanted to scream as he did.
    You couldn't tell at first why he was doing so, but you came to realise that after each cut he would say something like, "Good, exemplary, needs sharpening," and he would hand the sword to a guard. He was moving so fluidly that you hardly noticed he was handing them off at all.
    You couldn't really understand why he was doing it, but Math recognised a tall, broad shouldered eldery male in the corner watching the king itently, for it was his father. The activities continued for a moment with noone really paying attention to the group that just entered, until the chamberlain spoke up.
    "Ahem, my lord, a group of travellers have answered your letters."
    At this the king froze, and turned to you, so did the weaponsmith, but he failed to recognise his son through the large beard.
    Erdrik was tall, strong, and built as though he spent much time running through the woods. His face was soft, but scarred.

He waved his hand and the guards holding the swords left the room.
    "Those will do. You have made good work today."
    He surveyed the group for a bit, stopping on Gloria, his brow furrowed, as though he recognised her, but was trying to figure out from where. His eyes widened shortly, and he shook his head slightly.

"Thank you all for comming today. I have sent out twenty-five letters, and six of you have answered. I must say this is a much larger number than I had expected.

I don't need to tell you we're at war, and what I have called you here for will definitely change the outcome.
    I'll cut to the chase. There is a sword, a very large sword, that can cut through even the lords of hell themselves, simply through it's own weight.
    This sword is carried currently by a Paladin in the south, the only problem is we don't know who he is. You may be wodnering why this sword will help us so much, well, it's because it's also an artifact. A sword that was passed down in it's owner's family for centuries. And it is the key to closing the rifts that are allowing demons and the like into our world.
    The problem is, is that I don't know who has it. But one person does.
    Now, I know this seems a little far fetched, and that you'd probably feel safer fighting on the frontline, as the opposition will defiinitely be hunting this sword as well.
    But before I go on, I must know, will you undertake this quest?"
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-01-16 at 11:23 PM.
    The Necroswanson's Deviantart.
    Freemanatar by Phase, thank you ever so much.

Remember kids, Vortigaunts say, "The Free Man is not a number."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Union of The Serpent, The Secodn Generation.

"Your highness" said the 'man' with the floating head and glowing skin. "I am Ozzariem. If I may ask, how is it that you cannot locate the man who wields this weapon? Are we to assume that your holy men and magicians failed to locate him with their spells?" he asks the king.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias sighed. Noon. It always had to be noon, didn't it? He was wrapped from head to toe in dark clothing. A heavy cloak of scaled black hide concealed his entire body from neck to ankles, thick leather boots came up to just below his knees. He wore thin gloves of black velvet, and underneath a fine doublet and hose of black silk. He was, after all, going to meet a king. Across his back were strapped a pair of swords, their names engraved in their handles. One was gorgeously bedecked with a myriad of gems, dubbed "Rhyme." The other was of plainer cast, the only adornment being a single onyx gem set in the pommel, and was called "Reason." He ascended the steps into the palace, moving with liquid, quicksilver grace as he followed the old man. Out of the corner of his eyes, he appraised the others who had answered the call. Some fellow with a floating head and no neck, who glowed like he had a couple a candles stuffed up in him... and what looked like a half-angel. And an Aasimar Greeeat. He was going to be real popular here. Not that popularity was much a concern, but it would be nice if they weren't trying to stake him when his back was turned. He shrugged, and walked on.

He watched as the young man fought, chopping down the screaming dummies, testing out the weapons. At last, when the king addressed them, Alamandias nodded stoically. He took off his hat, running his fingers through his long, richly black hair that hung to shoulder length. In here, out of the sun he could at least take it off without getting a little too crispy for comfort. When he spoke, his voice was low, rich, and confident, a deep, pleasant baritone.

Like the floating head says, I assume the target is warded against scrying or something similar? I'm in for the job, but We'll need specifics. Known associates, personal resources, anything that might be helpful. Also, since he's a paladin I doubt this will be of any use, but you never know: Known vices or odd personal habits. I find it's much easier to rob somebody if you can catch 'em drunk, asleep, or with their trousers down. He sniggers a little at this, clearly enjoying the idea of a paladin's hypocrisy.Also, do you want us to just nick the mark's blade, or kill him? For that matter, do you want him left alive? or brought in with the sword? Those are always trickier...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria looks positively at home in the intense sunlight here. If anything, she seems to enhance the light; catching it in her long hair, shining like beaten gold but tied behind her head for practicality. Where her hair ends, a shine like burnished silver covers her skin tightly, flowing seamlessly across the outline of a coat of some kind over gloved hands, down slender legs and over the shape of traveling boots in one continuous shine. The metal, whatever it is, stops at a small gorget about her neck. She carries no obvious weaponry, and indeed, except for a small backpack, seems to be traveling light.
    So this is the palace...clearly our ruler is every bit as ascetic as advertised.
    She smiles to herself, however, when she sees him slashing away at the screaming dummies.
    Yes...oh so very manly. But still kind of cute.
    She entertains a few moments of private reverie before she realizes that introductions are being made. Gloria puts on her most saccharine smile, faltering only a little under Edrik's scrutiny.
    He can't know me from anywhere...no.

Aloud she says, using her most heroic voice,
    "I am Gloria Blackblade, of Scopshirk."

She was pretty good at this act; she'd done it a lot these past few years. Was she good enough to fool a king? Probably; get the right look and the rest just falls into place with most people.
    Gloria listens with interest to Edrik's proposal. Certainly she'd be stuck working with these people: the glowing statue-man without a neck, the man who looked even more divine than Gloria herself, and the oily guy who looked a little like she'd pictured adventurers looking, a while ago; All black and concealed and leather and steel and swords.
    I wonder if he ever called himself Nightstrike?
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2008-01-16 at 05:05 PM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

5. - Top - End - #5

Ozzariem

The glowing man's head...swivels...more than turns, examining the gathered warriors.

Once a person's eyes adjusted to the glow, they could look past to see that his skin was a feint light blue, which bordered upon white. His eyes had no discernible pupils, being entirely white.

Upon his chest he wears a gleaming metal breastplate trimmed in shining gold. Most would immediately recognize the silvery metal as mithral. At his waist is strapped longer-than-normal blade. It's curve identifies it as a scimitar, though its size and thickness indicate a greater combat potential.

Across his back is strapped a very large shield, extending from shoulders to knees. It is made from the same silvery metal as his breastplate. Emblazoned upon the shield is some kind of symbol. Four circles of bright colors: two different shades of Yellow and Orange.

Attached to the breastplate, where the neckline would be on a normal person, is a circular amulet with the same kind of symbol.

Silvery, gauntlets with faint golden runes adorn the "man's" hands, and he wears a matching pair of silvery greaves upon his legs.

"My dark companion speaks wisely. The more information we know about the person you seek and the item he carries the better plans we may lay and better prepared we can be."
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-01-16 at 05:14 PM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

Being almost completely covered by a coarse brown travelling cloak, Math is probably the most ordinary-looking person of those gathered. His tangled hair and full beard - sprinkled richly with gray - give the impression of a tired and aged man.

He doesn't seem to pay any attention to the king and his eyes are focused on the weaponsmith. It is only when the large dog beside him begins to growl lowly that Math's attention is drawn to someone else.
    "It's okay, I know."
    His voice is soothing, but the subtle tone of grief is clearly audible in every word. When the dog stops growling Math's gaze shifts back from the black-clad man to the person who just can't be his father.
    Last edited by Cogito; 2008-01-16 at 05:04 PM.
    "Characters can gain no benefit from carrying a sack of rats in hopes of healing their allies by hitting the rats."
    - 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Erdrik sighed.
    "I wish I knew more about him, really I don't. If I had mages and preists to spare, I wouldn't need to call out for help. It's all we can do right now to beat the numebrs back. So no, I have had no time to study this sword or it's bearer. He's protected, by magic far more powerful and ancient than I've ever seen, but for some reason he's not fighting in the war, and his magic blocks our scrying. Beleive me I've tried.

But there is one who knows about him. a lych even-"
    Here the weaponsmith interrupted.

"A LYCH! You told me Geowin would be safe! YOU PROMISED ME!"
    The old smith flared as though he was ready to show the king what's what, before Erdrik raised a hand attempting to calm him.
    "Your daughter is fine. I wouldn't put anyone in that kind of danger.
    Now, where was I? Oh yes, the lych." the smith snarled. "His name, is Necrom. I thought he had died in the last war, but apparently before dying he had created a phylactory, and rose again. I received letters from him for some time, and recently he told me that he knew of a way to help end the war, but he couldn't leave his mountain yet because his phylactory was damaged. So I asked Geowin to go help him fix it. As long as she kept the sigil I gave her no harm has befallen her while trying to locate his keep. And I know Necrom wouldn't harm her.
    You will need to locate Necrom, from there he'd be able to give you more information."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Faldor

Behind the party of attendees steps a figure garbed in noble attire with a surcoat fluttering as he walked. Before reaching the presence of the king, footsteps were the only thing heard throughout. Those, however, were drowned out by the cries of the king’s practice dummies. Ah, what a quaint castle we have, Your Majesty. Faldor’s eyes scan the entire vicinity taking note of each tiny symbol and décor that aligned the throne-room, and then they fell upon his new companions. Each one had their own separate description; some were out right strange in appearance, while others were covered entirely out of sight.

A king needs to take back an ancient weapon of unknown whereabouts to end a war that rocks the earth we stand upon, and he calls in six people to retrieve it. On top of it all we need to get information out of a walking piece of decayed meat and bone. I would personally ask an army for such a task, but since he has that much faith in us…We must be either the last people he could think to ask or we are the elite. That thought sparked a little interest in his mind. Now he wanted to know what made this small group of people so great that a nation would call upon them. Faldor’s hands quickly reached towards his breeches to fix an out of place wrinkle on his surcoat. It had been at least a couple of months since he wore this disguise, but he felt it suited the part of meeting a real king.

There were no insignias or a sign of affiliation throughout his cotton-woven robe, but in place of this was a delicate design. Rays of gold erupting from the surcoat’s center clashed against a backdrop of velvet red. This pattern spread throughout the cloth until the surcoat, itself, was hidden behind two golden bracers fixated at his forearms. The disguised elf wore nothing too expensive or lavish to gain the attention of wandering eyes. His false hair was long and golden like his surcoat and slightly brushed against the base of his neck and hid his dulled ears.

Once close enough to the king and after listening to the others, he drops to one knee. “My liege I can assure you, that whatever object you ask of is as good as found, any person you wish to see will be on his way. My weapon, and in extension, my body is yours to command,” his voice is proud and is projected out over all the others. A perfect noble greeting indeed. Faldor bowed his head even lower to hide the devious smirk on his face.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias gave a slight smirk at the king's words. Of course this wouldn't be easy, if it were, he could leave it to some fresh-faced whelps instead of calling in a professional -or, it seemed, a group of them.- His face was rather handsome, and his ivory teeth -perhaps a bit too pointed for comfort- gleamed in the light. He nodded and shrugged at the mention of the Lych. He tried to avoid them - as with most other undead, they were usually dull company- but he could deal with it. He rolled his eyes a little as the elf knelt before the king. Another arrogant popinjay licking the boots of someone he perceived as powerful, aiming for a taste of that power. Or, perhaps, he was just a cunning fellow trying to put on that appearance... hard to tell. He'd keep an eye on him. He'd keep an eye on all of them, come it... If the king had sent out the call to these people. It probably meant they might even be as good as him. Best to watch his back in such company.

Very well, your highness. Where should we start looking for the old bag of bones?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    The tall silver-clad woman takes a step backwards as the newcomer performs his obsequy, but she keeps her composure.
    Hmm.
    In her head, however comes an all-too-familiar mock
    Jackanapes, Panjandrum, dressed so fine
    Stewed in money and drowned in wine

Irritated at the interruption, Gloria's reply is a bit sharper than she meant it to be,
    "And Necrom is to be trusted? Who is he?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Union of The Serpent, The Second Generation.

Erdrik looked over the aasimar a moment before speaking up.
    "Why would that matter?" he asked in a low, yet obviously prying tone.

12. - Top - End - #12

Shiiman Telovious

A tall, handsome human looking gentleman of middle age stands quaintly behind the others, listening intently. His mithral armor looks freshly polished, and seems to have not been used in some time. As well, it seems just slightly to large for him, as though he had lost muscle over some time. He wears a heavy, intricate cloak over his back, and one closely observing would see him as a bit of a hunchback. His hair and eyes are metallic in color and shine, and he beams when the king looks him in the eyes. He is, however, more looking to the soldiers who receive each sword, perhaps falling back into old memories of his own service days.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." He says. "I must have dozed off briefly. Do you know where the Paladin trained? I have some connections to several Paladin organizations, who might be able to learn of his identity. I'd rather not go to a Lich, they tend to be... Self-absorbed, and rather evil. I fear I may have to do something you'd dislike, my lord, like slay him where he stands for his crimes against life."

After he says that, he considers the people in the room, and uses Detect Evil as a spell like ability to make sure he isn't speaking to the wrong crowd.

"Oh, and thank you for the opportunity to serve once more, my lord, these years of farming have been... Difficult, to say the least."
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

Geowin. Math's mouth forms the name several times before he interrupts anybody who might be speaking.
    "Why her? How long is she gone? If the lych has done anything... How soon can we leave?"
    Although he hasn't raised his voice Math sounds angry, but it isn't clear wether his anger addresses the king, his father, or himself. Only the last bit is clearly spoken to the king.
    It is the first time Math is actually looking directly at the king, his right fist clenched. The look of tiredness has vanished from his features, as have the streaks of gray in his hair.
    Last edited by Cogito; 2008-01-17 at 05:45 AM.
    "Characters can gain no benefit from carrying a sack of rats in hopes of healing their allies by hitting the rats."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Necroswanso View Post
    Erdrik looked over the aasimar a moment before speaking up.
    "Why would that matter?" he asked in a low, yet obviously prying tone.
    Gloria Blackblade
    What's his game?
    Gloria smiles, radiantly.
    "Simple; your majesty has not made it clear if this Necrom is an ally or someone who may refuse to help, or lead us false."
    Cool and calm now, her sapphire eyes watch the sovereign.
    I'd have him...but only for a while; blow his mind and send him home.
    A giggle like a chittering insect echoes throughout Gloria's mind once more.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Erdrik gives Gloria a knowing look, hinting to her she might be asking too many questions.
    "If you must know, he is my brother. And you," He beams down at Shiiman, "Will not touch him uless he attacks you first. IS that clear soldier?
    You may leave as soon as my sons Chameberlain has breifed you. As for me, I have to be getting back to the frontline. I have spared to much time."
    As if on cue, a portal opens near the far right wall.

"One more thing.... If you should run into Felicia," He hands whomever is nearest him a wanted poster of the woman, (Let's assume it's Shiiman), "Run. Don't try to take her down on your own... She's too strong... Master said I shouldn't teach her... But she begged me..And I...."
    The last three sentences were quiet, as though he were talking to himself.
    He snaps out of his thinking.

"Farewell, I can only hope you find the sword."
    The king straps six scimitars about his body, one at each thigh, two at the waist, and two over his back, which he draws, and the runs through the portal just in time for it to close behind him.

Chamberlain Joeseph adresses you all.
    'Now, which of you will be your party leader?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

After the king has left, Math takes one more look at his father but after a few seconds in which Math seems to be simultaneously wanting to move towards him and turn around he turns his attention to the chamberlain.

"A leader? Not me, then," Math says with a wry grin before he again takes a look at each of his companions. "I'm all for him," he points at Alamandias. "He seems to be the most straight-forward and the least subservient."

17. - Top - End - #17

Shiiman

"...Yes, my lord."

After the king leaves, he looks to the chamberlain.

"I have prior experience in leadership, as I was commander of a small regiment in my military days. Of course, I have no problem taking a backseat to one of the younger people here. Just know that, in the field of combat, it may be wise to allow me to make use of my skills in the area."
    Last edited by JackMage666; 2008-01-17 at 10:06 PM.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    "Ergh," Gloria makes a face. "Not going to do wonders for my reputation to follow someone on the other side of the coffin-lid. Might as well be me; I'm flexible, but I don't send children screaming the other way." She winks at the vampire and his pointed teeth, her blue eyes laughing, but at whose expense?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias grins, tipping Gloria a wink. He chuckles a little at the comment, then begins to speak.

To address the first comment... I'd bet that I'm older than you, my friend. And as to the second... I'm actually very, very good with people... there's something about me that people find almost... magnetically attractive. Perhaps it's the inner predator. Not to mention... well, looking into my eyes has a way of making the weaker-willed folk ever so tractable

He grins wider, showing his pointed teeth. His eyes gleam, and he laughs a little before continuing.

I've no problem being the leader of the party, or at least, it's face... I work equally well in the shadows or out of them.

He pauses for a moment, then adds almost as an afterthought.

Oh, and I don't sleep in a coffin. Actually, I don't sleep at all, come to mention it.

20. - Top - End - #20

Faldor

Faldor raises an eyebrow as he watches the king leave the throne room with more than enough swords. He must hide a couple arms under those robes of his. His attention returns to the Chamberlain as the man asks for a team leader. The golden-haired noble opens his mouth to speak his own view, but quickly shuts it to listen to everyone else’s opinions. Faldor stares at the man dressed head to toe in heavy clothing; he then spots those razor fangs and realizes what a unique chance this was giving the group.

The elf looks to the direction of Alamandias. “I do not doubt your seductive abilities, friend,” he also offers a small smile, “I do however want to know if your charisma can reach those that are already long since deceased. Maybe this Necrom we are after will listen to you better than…say a paladin or another do-gooder.” Faldor gives a slight glance at Shiiman, “No offenses to you or your Order of course.”

Saying everything he felt needed to be said, the elf retreats out of the discussion and places himself near the plain-looking druid. The elf keeps his eyes locked towards the Chamberlain, awaiting for instructions.
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2008-01-17 at 10:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

The chamberlain gives Gloria and Alamandias a perplexed look.
    "Are you two being serious? Really? There's a war going on that could very well end in two seconds, you've been asked to help us by finding a sword that may very well be a myth, your only lead is a lych and you're flirting?
    Children.....
    I don't care whom it is, just figure it out. Every moment wasted is detremental to the completion of your task."

The chamberlain seemed to be quite at home scolding the group. Not surprising considering he looked aged enough to be your fathers... Maybe not the vampire, but who knew.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias shrugs noncommittally at the elf, spreading his gloved hands out in front of him.

Hard to tell, really. He might, and he might not. Vampires and liches... well, we're different sorts of folk. Except for the "megalomaniacal, As-god-am-I" types, Liches tend to hold themselves aloof from mortal society, whereas vampires are part of it by our very nature... or at least, we operate within it and around it to greater or lesser degrees. However, we are both undead, so he might react better to me than, as you say, a paladin.

Alamandias smiles. When he speaks, his tone is light, sardonic, and irreverent.

By the way, I suppose we should do introductions. Name's Alamandias. Spy, assassin, mercenary, thief, and gentleman of the world. Also, as you've all been made aware, a creature of the night, though I do like to think I don't run around fulfilling all those delightful tropes which fill the fireside tales regarding my "kind."

To the chamberlain, he just smiles, then winks.

Pretty much, yes. Keep your hair on, my friend. Just make sure you've got a few heavy chests filled to the brim for when we return with your razor-edged, in no way overcompensatory prize.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-01-17 at 11:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Shiiman

"Oh, Elf, I apologize for my appearance, as I sometimes do appear myself as something I am not. I am not a Paladin, and was never trained as such. I do not have the strict attitude towards law to survive the training. And while I immensely respect Paladins, they do sometimes have difficulty accepting chance even when it's the best course of action."

He looks over to the vampire.

"While I do not have a personal vendetta against you, Mister Alamandias, you must understand where my natural distrust against your people comes from. Under normal circumstances, I would probably be working with several others to end your eternal life, but these are not normal circumstances. I would appreciate if you kept your thieving ways and bloodlust to a minimum for our journey together, or I will have to work against you. So long as we can observe that, then we should not have any issues with each other."

He looks to the others.

"I am Shiiman Telovious, retired commander in the Kings army, former leader of a group of Paladins, Knights, and other fighters dedicated to the destruction of fiends from the Abyss and the Nine Hells. Of late, I have resorted to farming, so the adventure will be a welcome exception to my normal daily activities. And, so long as we're being honest with each other..."

He pushes aside his cloak, revealing a large set of white, feathered wings on his back.

"...I also share a celestial bloodline that I received from my father. I did not mean to initially deceive any of you, but the looks I get from the average citizen can cause more commotion than it's worth."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria shrugs at the Chancellor's chiding, and his remonstrations slide off her as easily as water off of a duck's back.
    "Fine," she says, a little diffidently as she flicks a strand of golden hair out of her eyes.
    "I'm Gloria Blackblade, like I said."
    Easily, she rests a hand on her hip and shrugs.
    "I can fight, and I have a few powers of my own. Subtle stuff, mostly."
    Her eyes flit from face to face as if to gauge the group's reaction, and something lurks behind her gaze, just for a moment, like a flash of crimson from the sun.
    "There's not much more to tell."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias sniffs a little at Shiiman's remarks.

Item one: I only kill people when I'm getting paid for it or they're coming after me. I don't go around randomly murdering people in the streets, thank you. Theft is, similarly, only on comission. I'm not some twopenny cuthroat thug or mugger out to hit someone over the head and steal their coinpurse. I understand precisely where your prejudice comes from. However, I'd thank you to keep the bigotry to a minimum. I'm not after your neck, and, if you want to talk about bloodlust, I wouldn't be coming after you just because you happened to be born with a touch of the Upper Planes in your blood.

Giving the half-celestial an arch look, Alamandias falls silent.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"We've gone from flirting to petty bickering. Please, don't let the fate of the world stop you, do go on."
    By this time chamberlain Joeseph's face had turned a slight pink, he was getting impatient with the childish banter.
    "Now seriosusly, introductions are one thing but right now we don't have time for your petty prejudices!"

27. - Top - End - #27

Fal-Cough-Nedward

The elf in front of you gives out a quiet and subdued snort. “Gentlemen, as the Chamberlain has stated, there is no need to discuss right from wrong. There is no more good or evil in these times, only masters and slaves. We, though I would hate to admit it, are pawns now and will stay pawns forever unless we start this quest.” Faldor straightens his posture allowing his full, blazon surcoat to stand out predominately.

“Allow me to introduce myself; I am Nedward Hareen of the Summerlands in the North, if you wish you may call me Ned. I come from no house or castle, but my plans are to use this quest to build one of my own. I specialize in social interactions with others and the cunning escapades at day's end.” The man gives a quick bow with his head and finishes, “There is no need to fear me for I am but an elf of the north.”

His stone grey eyes fall upon the Shiiman’s angelic wings. Its never an easy job is it?
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2008-01-18 at 01:06 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

After the others have introduced himself Math changes his see-what-I-mean look to something more politically correct.
    "I'm called Math, and I've just been wandering around for a good part of my life, so there's no glorious history to speak of."
    With a look at the chamberlain he adds, "Can't we decide about leadership once we are on our way? We could also change the leader daily..."
    There's definitely nothing politically correct in the sarcastic tone of this last remark.
    Last edited by Cogito; 2008-01-18 at 01:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

(dam stupid site/bandwidth issues have prevented me from posting till now, sorry!)

The strange glowing man swivels his head in the direction of the rest of the group.

"I am Ozzariem, devoted of The Light. I have little use for evil or good, but I do cherish order and structure. It is somewhat reassuring to know that at least two of you seem inclined away from the taint of chaos." his blank white eyes fall upon the vampire.

"You are a strange being. I have never encountered a vampire that can stand against The Light. My people are, shall I say, your antithesis. You also do not seem to be a devotee of either chaos or evil, which is unusual given the nature of undead abomination."

He pauses a moment.

"For those reasons I will follow your lead, but should you deceive me."
    he says "Should any of you deceive me, there may be consequences. The Light does not suffer deception easily."

He says this in a non threatening manner, but quite matter-of-factly.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria gives the vampire a hard look, sizing him up.
    "Fine, we'll talk about this later." She looks at the Chancellor. He had an unpleasant officious air about him, to Gloria's mind, but there wouldn't be any use in tweaking him.
    "All right, what?"