New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Union of The Serpent, The Second Generation.

Alamandias

Alamandias returns Gloria's look, then gives an infuriating smirk and another wink.

"Feh, fine, everyone gang up on me. Not as if I had a choice to be what I am, I simply make my way in the world the best as I can with the talents I am naturally given. As to my "nature"... I already said I'm not like other vampires. In more than a few ways. I don't go charging into orphanages to save the children, but I don't eat puppy sandwhiches either. I'm just a mercenary." He stops and snickers a little before continuing. "A very skilled and handsome mercenary, but still, just a merc. Now, as Math says, we might as well get a move on. The quicker we get this done, the quicker you can get away from me, if that's what you desire."

With that, he turns to the chamberlain

So where do we start looking for the spell-slinging skeleton?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

The chamberlain sighed.
    "At this point, that 'spell slinging skeleton' as you put it is royalty, and you will treat him as such.
    Now, far to the west is the mountain Bleak Furnace. Inside is a maze, filled to the brim with undead controlled by the duke, however in the bag you will be given lies a sigil that will protect you from everything inside the mountain, so long as it is visible.
    Now, I don't have a map of the maze, so you'll have to figure things out from there on your own.
    Before the mountains however, there are only two town, and that's it. No farmlands, no roads, nothing.
    First, and about three days travel from here, is Carpathia. A small town, that we have no jurisdiction over. Some time in the last decade some lawul twit blows in there on his pale horse, and the town practically drops off the map.
    If you are able to bring any news of what has happened there, I would be more than grateful.
    Two days further on is the 'Oriental istrict'. It doesn't have a real name because it's run by gangs who can't seem to find a singular leader. Be careful there.
    The mountain is only two more days travel afterwards, but you'll have to scale it a little before you find the entrance to the maze.
    Here is a bag that help you on your way. I'll assume whomever your leader for the day is shall pick it up."

The Chamberlain sets a large sack on the ground.
    "I'll leave you to go when you are ready.
    And a word to the cautious, be careful, the lych is a little.... Eccentric."

Now the chamberlain leans in to whisper to the vampire.
    "And a word to the wise, don't let the woman go into the room with the lych..."
    The chamberlain walks to the doors behind you that had apparently closed. He reopens them with his sigil and the open revealing that they now led to the stairs towards the gate.

The bag is a bag of holding that can hold up to 500 pounds.
    It contains two large tents, six bedrolls, 36 scrolls that contain a spell to summon a balanced meal for one person, a golden sigil of a snake coiling in on itself, two maps of the kingdom spanning halfway through the mountain range at Bleakfurnace, being about a 200 mile radius, and labled 'The wise traveller circumvents the moutnains rather than travels through them'. 27 summon mount for 12 hours scrolls, randomly assorted books, (when you choose to draw out a book roll a % die), and 6 travellers guides to dealing with undead nobility.
    The Necroswanson's Deviantart.
    Freemanatar by Phase, thank you ever so much.

Remember kids, Vortigaunts say, "The Free Man is not a number."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shiiman Telovious

"Well, even if it was decided that I will not be the leader, I shall go ahead and shoulder the weight of the bag. It's not much of a burden to me, so I shall carry it gladly."

He goes over and slings the bag over his wings, and drapes the cloak over it once more.

"If we are going back out in public, please grab what you need before we leave this room, as I would strongly appreciate not exposing my wings to the others."
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

"Let's have a look, then," Math says and, carefully not to ruffle any feathers, has a look. Leaving aside most of the stuff he finally reaches the books. "An undead nobility guide? Well, someone please give me the summary before we reach the noble lych. Oh, More books," Math adds after having put back a volume of the other. "Let's see if the guide has a sequel." Grabbing a book he draws it out ((d100)[94]).
    "Characters can gain no benefit from carrying a sack of rats in hopes of healing their allies by hitting the rats."
    - 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I would ask that the scrolls to summon transportation be taken first. I believe they will be the first things that we will require." Ozzariem says plainly.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    The silver-sheathed damsel makes a face.
    "Ugh, horses and books...Don't like either of them. Well come on then, hand me those six scrolls and I'll whistle us up some horses. Let's move, people; We're saving the world. again."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

The book Math draws from the bag is entiteld, "The Strong Hand: A Gentlemn's Guide to Dealing With Beligerent Old Hags."
    And on the cover is depicted a man in a petticoat having apparently slapped a night hag into submission.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

"Again? I can't quite remember the last time it needed saving, except... Ah, here are the scrolls."
    Math hands the scrolls to Gloria before he takes a look at the book he has drawn from the bag. "'The Strong Hand: A Gentlemn's Guide to Dealing With Beligerent Old Hags', I don't believe it. Well I think there's nothing more we need at the moment. Except one of those maps," he adds and draws one from the bag. He then puts the book back and closes the bag. "I'll keep that, if you don't mind."
    "Characters can gain no benefit from carrying a sack of rats in hopes of healing their allies by hitting the rats."

9. - Top - End - #39

Nedward

The noble looks intently at the bag of holding and ponders what he should take out for the time being. “Oho, since it seems that we will do a fair bit of traveling this week, don’t mind me if I take out a couple books to read along the way.” Ned steps close to Shiiman and draws forth one Guide to the Undead and a random book out of the pile. Before pulling the books out, he rummages his hand further in to feel the cold metal of the sigil. From what he could tell it was masterfully crafted with small indentations along its surface, most likely representing individual scales.

I wonder what type of magic it offers to protect us from a mountain of undead… Nedward quickly takes up his hand pulling out two mid-sized books. He glances towards the titles of each, “Let’s see what we have here…”

(1d100)[47]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias just chuckles at the book titles, then shrugs his shoulders.

Agreed. I'm always ready to travel; I need little in the way of supplies... I'll forage on the way there. Though the mountain full of undead might prove problematic. Hopefully there will be rats or something similar... Eh, I shall see.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

The book "Nedward" draws forth is entitled: "An Inconvienient Thruth: he Terrasque Is Dead".

If you meant to grab a second book from the bag, roll again please.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria studies the scrolls for a moment, and then begins walking out of the courtyard towards the street, looking for a good place to make horses exist.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

After having a look at the book title Math shakes his head a few times and folows Gloria outside. While he waits for the others and the transportation, he has a closer look at the map.

14. - Top - End - #44

Ozzariem follows Gloria and Math outside.

"The Light blesses our journey today." he says, his head tilting up toward the bright sunlight. "It is a favorable omen."
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

As you leave the palace you come to find that there isn't really a decent place inside the city to summon transport.
    The citie's building are rather crowded and the streets are narrow, you'll need to head outside the walls to summon your horses.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria looks around with some annoyance.
    "All these people in the way...Guess we've got to go out of the city, first." She casts a blue-eyed glance at the other members of the party.
    a floating head, an angel, a vampire, an old guy, and a fop. Well, Guess there's always me.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go."
    Now he is out in the sun again, Math's mood seems to have lifted considerably and he heads off together, his dog running behind and around him.
    Last edited by Cogito; 2008-01-20 at 07:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Shiiman

Shiiman throws the hood of the cloak over his head, covering his hair and shading his eyes. He readjusts to hide his wings once more, now that everyone is done with the bag.

"Let's be off, then, soldiers."

He looks around the group, then quickly adds.

"Sorry. Old habits die hard. I doubt you'd all appreciate that specific title."

Disguise Check to Conceal hair, wings, and eyes = (1d20+26)[38]
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias moved along behind, his hat covering him from the discomfort of the sun, his cloak drawn tight about him. He moved up next to Gloria in the lead.

So, My lady, if I may ask... Why the harsh look back in the throne room? I can understand the other's reasons for hating me, but I'm afraid I don't have yours pegged yet.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria glances at the vampire, and she pauses as if choosing her words carefully.
    Finally, she returns her gaze ahead.
    "You remind me of someone who gets on my nerves, that's all. Trust me, you'd know if I hated you."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

The vampire arches one eyebrow, a playful smile on his crimson lips.

I see. I don't suppose you'd care to enlighten me as to who the annoying person in question might be?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria rolls her eyes. "I'll introduce you some time; She's sadistic, sarcastic, salacious, shady and shrewish. You'll like her."
    She runs a metallic hand through her hair and sighs.
    "So, mister leader, what's our plan once we're on the road? Are we really going to check out those other two towns?"
    Her tone makes it clear that she doesn't relish the prospect.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias chuckles a little.

That's not entirely fair. I don't consider myself a sadist, nor am I shrewish. Shady and sarcastic though, most definitely. As for salacious... He grins wide. Well, maybe a little. In the right company. He laughs again, whistling a little tune under his breath, something a composer he'd known had created a hundred years back.

Hmm... well, I'd just as soon bypass them if possible. Too many possible entanglements. But we do need more information. I'd say we avoid them if we can, but stop in if we absolutely have to. Then again, I have no intention of being dictatorial, it's a group decision.

24. - Top - End - #54

"Knowledge is most certainly one path to power." Ozzariem say. "If it does not distract too much from our ultimate goal, then I have no qualms about stopping to gather information on Necrom."
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

"I'd prefer if we got to that Necrom as fast as possible. It seems to be the most pressing matter at the moment."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Gloria Blackblade
    Gloria draws forth the scrolls once more and looks over them carefully for a moment before beginning to read out their spells, one after the other, calling forth light horses for everyone present.
    As she approaches her own horse, a handsome dapple, she regards it suspociously, and then hoists herself up, lightly.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Okay fine, you drove me to railroad a bit.

As you have all made your ways outside the city walls, you begin to summon your mounts. Mounts and gear as fits your liking of course. The mounts WILL NOT fight for you however, any horses will act as real horses do, and if one of you casts fireball, you'll find it hard to convince the horse it isn't on fire. Be careful.

The sun was still high in the sky. You couldn't see the mountains out in the west, just long sprawling fields of green, and, out of the corner of your eye, you thought you saw....

Give me will saves. If it is below 32, give me a spot check in the OOC thread.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Math

Math's gaze quickly moves to the spot where he just thought to have seen seomething. ((1d20+16)[19])

29. - Top - End - #59

Shiiman

Shiiman rides his summoned horse confidently.

Will Save - (1d20+17)[33]

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Alamandias

Alamandias mounts up. His horse is not, as one might expect, a midnight black steed with fiery red eyes, but a powerfully built grey stallion. He pats the beast's neck in a friendly manner, sitting easily in the saddle

(The will save is impossible for me to make, but it's worth noting I'm immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.)