New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Finding your Path (IC)

Gretch nods sagely at this, something rather out of the ordinary for a Goblin It is my sworn duty to help others when I can, I would be glad to be of aid, by the Watchers name.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Christoph

The monk could do little but watch as the scene kep unfolding before him. No one seemed to care that he had pointed out their cloaked newcomer as their missing ninth person, or that he himself was there at all.

Eventually, as plans were being made and people were deciding to help this elf with her ridiculous claims he could take no more.

"Ok, if some of you havent noticed...even though I have mentioned it before...that guy.."

He unerringly points to Roland,

"..is the missing ninth from the vision. Now, that out of the way...are you all really considering this venture to find a missing elven husband...with absolutely nothing to go on except a necklace? Forgive me lady, but wouldnt this be something best reported to the watch?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

((Looks at Roland again prompted by the Monk))

(1d20+2)[18]
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

4. - Top - End - #124

NinjaGuy

If/Then statements

Spoiler
    Show
    If I get an aid bonus from the monk then/
    He's Right! You are the last one from my vision. Why are you trying to hide from us. Is this your doing?

If no on the aid I say
    This man does not look like the man from my vision Monk. As for helping this woman, I feel I owe her nothing. But it seems as if we have all been drawn here together. Mabey the Gods are playing with us but I would see what comes of this.
    Got Gouda?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Yes, I took another look at it, and anyone that made Spot checks after Christoph pointed it gets a +2 aid bonus to their spot checks. Maybe it should be more, but since it's so late I'm making it just +2. Yaroc recognizes him.))

The elf looks at Christoph. She looks understanding. I realize this is an odd quest, and I understand if you don't wish to take part in it. My path takes me down this rode, whether with your help or not. Her eyes seem to pierce into Christoph's, looking deeper. Your path is one filled with pain and I fear. I pray that you have good fortune along it. She gets up off the chair. She looks to Eredar and says quietly, Perhaps you and I could speak privately for a moment as... kindred? She nods to the door of the tavern.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spot: (1d20+5)[8]
    ((... this is crazy.... first I roll a 2 now I roll a 3??? WTF??? XD ))

As the others slowly agreed to assist the woman, Eredar was almost shocked by the monk's response. "Almost" becuase he epected such cowardace and dishonor from a human, but not a monk. Weren't monks supposed to help people and be pious and all that? Then again... who ever heard of an elf monk either? Damn humans. Regardless, he had to admit, this would be fun... if they didn't get themselves killed.

Of course, Eredar replied to Lauriel's request, and led the way out of the tavern at her gesture.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-22 at 08:10 PM.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch was suspicious of the elven man, anyone who went by the name Shadowtongue and refused to reveal anything of his past was someone he didn't exactly like hanging around, especially not anywhere near his back, but he supposed to the elven maiden could take care of herself, and he didn't think the swords were for show, plus in his experience most if not all elves were capable fighters.

Spoiler
    Show
    would it be possible to roll for sense motive here?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lauriel nods her head and follows Eredar out the door, then leads him to an alley on the side of the tavern. I just wanted to let you know that, over the years, my husband and I have made many enemies and... I've already done some looking, and the necklace isn't all they left behind.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just roll sense motive here, sorry (1d20+1)[12]

10. - Top - End - #130

(( I'll roll a bluff... though I'm not really sure what for o.o;;; (1d20+5)[6] ))

Oh? Please, allow me to see, but if you don't mind my asking, why can't you show the others? Eredar stepped back from the lady, giving her space to reveal what else she had.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-22 at 08:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

((Spot (1d20+2)[10]))

Arwel couldn't help a small smile at the irony of Eredar's claim to discerning lies and liars.
    As for helping the elf woman, he was less certain of what to do. To simply help another for no reason other than they needed help was a strange concept for him. Some reward or favor should be agreed upon. Still from Eredar's reaction she might be someone of importance and so it couldn't hurt (too much) to be on her good side. Then there was the fact that he doubted the goblin would drop the topic now that he had heard about it.
    I suppose it can't hurt to help the Lady Lauriel. Waukeen help us if you're wrong. replied his internal thoughts.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-01-22 at 09:21 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch, his suspicions abated, at least temporarily, turned to the human and said without emotion indeed, I for one have nothing better to do, and I believe it is the Watchers will that I go, and I will not fail him... and again Gretch trails off, finishing with a "not again" in his mind.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

I couldn't show the others because I didn't want to frighten them. She takes out a small jar with a disgusting green liquid inside it. This liquid was smeared all over the room and in the halls of our home. She opens the jar, and it smells absolutely horrible. It smells like rotting flesh crossed with bad eggs and and other disgusting things. ((Fortitude Save to avoid nausea from the smell.)) She quickly closes the jar, then pauses. Then she takes out a small ring. I found this on his bed. She gives the ring to Eredar. The ring is made of gold, with a small symbol on it; a black spider with the head of a ebony skinned elf. I don't want to cause a panic.
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-22 at 11:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"Can't hurt? I'm sure we could only help her. There's no reason to track down a killer alone." Terry wasn't used to this group's way of thinking; back at the church everyone was ready to help someone for no reason. I wonder why they think like that...maybe there's something to getting rewarded for your deeds... He seems lost in thought.

15. - Top - End - #135

(( Damn... I can already tell I'm gonna fail the fortitude save... well here goes anyways... (1d20)[4]
    damn... -___- why do I even bother...? ))

As she uncorked the bottle, Eredar immediately felt dizzy. The smell was entirely repulsive--he'd never smelled anything with such a... unique scent before. He was all too thankful she closed it and brought out her next piece. A gold ring with a spider, the elf immediately frowned and a worried look passed over his face for a moment. The thought that his darker relatives were involved made this very complicated, but only increased his determination to see it through.

I... cannot ignore this. It's origin is obvious, but I simply have to ask how your husband made himself a target for the drow... if it is not too much to inquire.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-22 at 11:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

(( I think I'll just make some throws just in case <<
    For anything in the alley... Spot: (1d20+3)[15] Listen: (1d20+3)[12] Search: (1d20+10)[13]
    On the ring and slime Appraise: (1d20+5)[22]
    and just in case this is a huge lie... Sense Motive: (1d20+3)[7] ))

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((You believe that so far she's telling the truth. With your spot check, you can see that she has another ring on her finger than her wedding ring, one with a symbol of a golden tree and a unicorn. With your listen check, you can hear a slight quiver in her tone. With your quick appraise check, you think the ring would be worth about 50 gold on the surface if you could find a buyer, and the green liquid, you can't really tell. You would need to study it further.))

I can't tell you why, he's always hated them, as do I, but this is the first time we have actually encountered them. I can only say that I followed their trail to this area. I don't think this is some rogue drow. It may well be, but they are very well organized. She pauses. We should probably get back inside. The others are waiting. She sounds a little anxious.

18. - Top - End - #138

There was a brief pause before his response. There was something in her voice, almost as if she was afraid or maybe not telling everything. Deciding that he had probed enough about her so far with so little in exchange, Shadowtongue nodded to her.

Yes... we should get back inside... if I know anything about the drow, it's safe to say that they're also looking for you...

Eredar swiftly led the way inside and approached the bar again. Turning around to look at Lauriel, he quickly surmised what he knew about her. She was obviously a ranger of some sort, the two blades and the bow were enough to give that away without counting in the ring of Mielikki.

Well... where should we go from here?
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-23 at 12:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch pondered for a moment and said I suppose it depends upon where the "High" elf's investigations lead or any clues we could be following.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lauriel walks back in behind Shadowtongue. My investigations have lead me here. I have no reason to believe they are outside of Luskan. Luskan is a city full of crooks and murderers, it's the perfect place to blend in. I don't know exactly where they could be, but that may be where could start. We should be on the look out. Crimes like these can become a habit. They may try to kidnap someone else. What do you think we should do?
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-23 at 12:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed, though it seems to me they had a purpose in kidnapping your husband, I don't really expect them to kidnap anyone else, or if they do that someone will probably be of some import. Gretch reasons out in his head, but who such person might be he had no clue, he didn't even know what kind of people were important to Luskan, let alone what each individual could do or any reason why they might want to kidnap any of them. Isn't this a port city? perhaps they will try and seek passage on a ship, to cover their tracks. Gretch reasoned.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lauriel smiles. Yes, perhaps you're right. A ship would make a nice getaway. We could talk to the ship master to see who is sailing within the next few days, perhaps even who is leaving on those ships. Still I think we should have a back up plan in case something goes wrong or no ships are leaving. We could wait and see what happens.

23. - Top - End - #143

In my experience, if you want to cover your tracks, taking a ship is the least likely thing you are to do. Especially, in a city like Luskan. Ships are watched constantly, and strangers are talked about frequently. Surely, even some of you are being talked about by merchants and bystanders. Finding what we need to know should be easy. Learning what we need to know will take some cash... or force...

Not to mention, drow aren't likely to take to open water... Eredar thought to himself. This was going to be difficult. Drow were masters of subtlety and mystique. Finding them would be difficult. But it couldn't hurt to try and find a lead. The people of Luskan were naturally suspicious people and would ostracize newcomers... Hopefully, someone had seen the people that had made Lauriel a widow.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-23 at 01:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

"Best thing in Luskan is passage with no questions asked," Mulligan agrees, "Or so I've heard. Especially if they've come a long way, they probably aren't going to settle down and peaceably set to abducting beggars."

"Unless there's some other lead,"
    here he looks meaningfully at Shadowtongue, "look around the docks, find out if anyone's been trying to drop a lot of gold lately? Or both. You're doubtless quite capable of handling things on your own initiative."
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2008-01-23 at 01:16 AM. Reason: ninjas!
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Normally I would agree with you Eredar, a ship would be easily tracked, and thus an unlikely choice, but these attackers have made it clear they will go to any lengths to get what they want, and they certainly showed no subtleties in ruining my home. We should leave all venues open. She looks at Mull. I could go out to the docks and see what I can find out. I think I should go alone though. I'm sure that I can get a few people to talk. She smiles mischievously.
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-23 at 02:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roland snaps out of his daze and looks around at the other assembles vision persons "Oh don't look at me like that people, that was funny" He then saunters outside to fill himself in on the case of the missing husband.

Spoiler
    Show
    DUN DUN DUUNNNNNNNNNN
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-01-23 at 02:51 AM.
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

27. - Top - End - #147

NinjaGuy

Well were not going to find anyone standing around here. I admit that I know nothing of this city. I wouldn't even know where to start, but if we are tracking a band of Kidnapers or worse it is unwise to travel alone.

Yaroc offers to go with someone more street savy and provide some muscle.
    Got Gouda?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"I agree with Yaroc, going alone is like asking them to take you too. Maybe we should split up? One group go with Lauriel to the docks and another look around town?" Terry will volunteer to go with whichever group Yaroc is not in, to make sure that both groups have some form of fighter in them.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"A whole squad asking around the docks?", Amy looks at Terry with an eyebrow raised. "Besides it would look a bit conspicious, it seems to me like a waste of capacities on such an unlikely possibility. I agree with Miss Lauriel. It's enough if one person goes to the docks, and the rest of us split up to search around the town for any information."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

"I will go with the other group to the markets and shops if that is the consensus.
    "But I agree with Amykath, we will be drawing attention to ourselves. Groups of outsiders asking questions, one of whom is an uncommonly attractive elf, is sure to start rumors easily picked up on by the kidnappers if they are in town. It would probably be better to have smaller groups of two or three at most.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-01-23 at 11:37 AM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage