New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Finding your Path (IC)

Inside Luskan

Amy finds a stick in the back of the alley. It is a good size, but not ideal for scooping up liquid.

What? What song? Lauriel looks worried. I didn't hear a song.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch looks up at Lauriel and speaks Well there was a song, you were probably just too far away to hear it, whatever it was it certainly had Shadowtongues attention.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shadowtongue nodded his thanks to Gretch for the assistance as he leaned against the tree.

It was a beautiful song... at first I only heard a flute--or some wind instrument--but then and elven voice joined in, telling a strange tale. .. I saw a creature made of leaves sanding on the docks over there, He points, but the music ended and it blew away. In the song I heard your voice ushering me on... look over there, the flute may still be on the docks.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-01-26 at 06:14 PM.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

4. - Top - End - #214

((Listen - (1d20+3)[8]
    Spot - (1d20+3)[9]
    Search - (1d20+10)[21]
    Sense Motive - (1d20+5)[17]))

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lauriel stares disbelievingly at Shadowtongue. You heard my voice? I was at the dock, how could you have heard my voice? As for this creature made of leaves, I saw no such creature while I was near the area. Did you see the elf that was singing? What was the song about? She kneels down next to Shadowtongue and touches him on the shoulder. Immediately, Shadowtongue can control his movements again and the feeling of complete happiness leaves, although Shadowtongue does feel at peace still under Lauriel soft but piercing gaze.

((As far as Shadowtongue can tell, she's telling the truth. She was at the dock, and she didn't see the creature you described.))

6. - Top - End - #216

It was strange, the way he felt at ease when she touched him. Suddenly, his movements returned to normal and daze that dominated his mind vanished. What... happened...? Lauriel appeared the be telling the truth, but that touch... was that coincidence? Had he just thrown off the feeling by himself when she happened to touch him?

Yes... it's beginning to get clearer... it was an elf at first, an elf that fell apart into leaves. It was a song about two lovers. They lived together for many seasons, but Death eventually came for the man. The woman hid her lover... but I can't remember how... and that's when the song ended...

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Amy picks up the stick and carefully pushes into the green ooze and watches the reaction of the ooze on the tip of the stick.
    "Let me see if this does anything. If it's cauterizing it might have been used as a weapon of some sort."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Gretch had a look of bewilderment on his face, He looked at Lauriel, suddenly suspicious again, and unsure of his ability to comprehend whatever was going on

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope a Sense Motive check is fitting here (1d20+1)[12]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Inside the City

The green liquid doesn't do anything to the stick except make it smell really bad. The only strange thing that Amy notices is that the liquid is extremely sticky and it goes on the stick really well.

Gretch doesn't know what it is, but something about the fact that he seems to be getting much better after she touched him is kind of an odd coincidence. Lauriel continues to look worriedly at Shadowtongue. Maybe you should go see a cleric, Eredar. She looks somewhat shaken by the description of the song.

Outside the City

Yaroc finds a stick, and fishes out the cloak and flute. The smell still bothers him, but after smelling it once, it seems not so terrible.

10. - Top - End - #220

Eredar hadn't seen a cleric in years, and his general distrust of the clergy would probably keep him from going to a temple. Besides, he was beginning to feel better already.

No... I'm fine, really...

With a sigh, he rose to his feet and dusted himself off.

((spot - (1d20+3)[18]
    listen - (1d20+3)[11]
    search - (1d20+10)[13]
    Sense Motive - (1d20+5)[14]))

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Though smarter than many goblins, Gretch was still a blunt and straightforward person, and he looked suspiciously at Lauriel Tell me she-elf, why is it that somehow you didn't hear the song yet both of us he gestured toward himself and Eredar heard it, and how is it you show up not 10 seconds after the song ends, and supposedly not hear it? whats more somehow just touching Shadowtongue seemed to make him better, how do you explain that? Even if you were a magic user, in my experience it is never so simple as a mere touch, always there are words of power, chants prayers or whatever, you merely touched him, how do you explain that? After his rant Gretch is still staring at Lauriel suspiciously, his hand however has migrated closer to the hilt of his blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope its not too much of an RP leap to be suspicious about these things, I can edit if you want >.>)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-01-27 at 12:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

((Gretch got the feeling that it was just a strange coincidence that he got better. It's a little strong, but you can keep it as is I guess.))

Lauriel looks at Gretch almost amused. True, magic normally takes words, motions, or components to use. But surely you of all people can understand that things aren't always as they appear. You don't have to like me, but you can trust me. I mean you no harm. I am simply following my path. She turns back Shadowtongue. I don't know what you heard or why, but I think you would do well to remember that song. If you wish, we could go look for the instrument where you saw the creature.

13. - Top - End - #223

Yes, we should definitely look for the instrument... though if that creature had the ability to change to leaves, then the same may have happened to its possessions.

Shadowtongue started walking toward where he saw the elf-like creature disappear and motioned for Lauriel and Gretch to follow.

((listen - (1d20+3)[14]
    spot - (1d20+3)[12]
    search - (1d20+10)[15]
    sense motive - (1d20+5)[17]))

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Terry concentrates to try and find the source of the evil. He'll look specifically at the slime, the blood spot, and the manhole.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The source of the evil is the slime. Terry can feel it. It is pulsing with evil power.

Lauriel follows Shadowtongue to the spot. Shadowtongue doesn't see the flute where the creature was though. Is this the spot?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yaroc gets the flute and cloak out of the ooze and tries to wash them off a bit in the sea.

Roland, do you think we should find the others or do you want to go back and follow those tracks. After seeing this elf melt before my eyes I think it's possible that the patch of green dirt we saw......it could be someone else.......What is happening here?
    Got Gouda?

-Ninja of the Crescent Cheese

17. - Top - End - #227

Yes... I'm afraid I'm right... the flute must have transformed with its owner. Oh, well... did you find anything of interest Lauriel?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Amykath turns to Arwel and the bystanding stranger: "Okay it doesn't seem to be caustic. Any other ideas?", she looks back at the spot of blood while dropping the stick with the ooze on it, "Or should we go on searching the alley?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

I think we should investigate the houses the strangers were looking at more closely. We might learn something from them. he says pointing away back down the alley to the street.
    But what should we do about the gunk, though? Is it a good idea to leave an evil, possibly diseased, likely contagious ooze seeping into the sewer system? We could take a sample but I think it might be better to destroy the rest, in case it is a plague. Simply looking at the slime made him want to retch. Instead he pulled he pulled his cloak tighter around his nose.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Inside the City

Lauriel searches around the area for any signs of the creature or anything is might have left behind. I don't see anything here. Whatever it was is gone now. I did find something interesting from asking around the dock though. Apparently two cloaked figures came down a few days ago and dropped a lot of gold to be on a ship that leaves tomorrow. What do you think?

The man suddenly gets very scared. A plague! WHAT? We can't have a plague running wild through Luskan! What about my wife and children? What if it's the stuff left behind by a monster? Then what? An invasion?

21. - Top - End - #231

BardGuy

Terry nods. We should dispose of it somehow, but I don't really have any ideas." Seeing the man's obvious distress, he adds "Sir don't worry, we'll figure out whats going on, your family will be fine. I'd just stay away from the sewers and slime."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm thinking we follow these tracks some. Roland says as he approaches Yaroc. Once we find something concrete we can take it back to the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    another tracking roll?
    (1d20+5)[25]
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

23. - Top - End - #233

NinjaGuy

Ok, you lead the way and I'll watch for trouble.

((Spot (1d20+2)[8]))
    ((Survival (1d20+6)[25]))
    ((Listen (1d20+4)[5]))
    Got Gouda?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Outside the City

Roland studies the tracks again, and finds the tracks are much clearer. The three sets of smaller tracks are definitely elf tracks, but they are just a little bit smaller than the usual elf tracks. The one that's running is being chased by the other two. The larger set is that of a troll or troll-like creature. It appears that the troll was running as well, and the elf that was running did not escape. The tracks are at least a few days old, and they end where the elf that Yaroc ran to was standing. The two elves giving chase stopped after a little while where the troll's tracks begin, and then a little later and Roland notices that at roughly the same time the elf that was running starts to slow down, then has a serious gimp in his right leg, then falls down pretty much where the elf had been standing.

Inside the City

The man isn't calmed by Terry's statement at all. How can you be sure? We could all be in very real danger! What about our water? What will we drink if it's gotten into the water supply? We should alert the city to the danger!
    Last edited by Gmmaster42; 2008-01-28 at 09:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roland relays the wealth of information he just got to Yaroc. so that seems to have ended badly. These tracks are different from normal elf tracks, which makes me kind of nervous. Also, the 2 pursuers break off right as the one being chased decides to start limping and then fall down. I'm thinking they hit him with an arrow or something in the leg and that it was poisoned, hence his collapse soon afterwards.
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-01-28 at 09:36 PM. Reason: mistakes in rp
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

26. - Top - End - #236

Normally, I'd say we sneak aboard, but with ten of us it may be far too difficult. Do you know what time the ship departs? We may be able to give watch for when they leave...

27. - Top - End - #237

NinjaGuy

Speaking to Roland Before he turned into a puddle of ooze, I saw that the elf that was playing this flute had red eyes. I have seen elves near the forests of my homelands and they didn't have red eyes and neither did the Lady Lauriel. So that is one clue.

Another thing that bothers me is you said one pair of those tracks was made by a Troll or something like one. What kind of elf would side with those filthy monsters?
    Got Gouda?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lauriel smiles wryly. It's fitting really. It departs at sundown. Tomorrow night.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's a good point. How are we supposed to get rid of it? Burn it?", Amykath looks at the stick she just dropped again "As for taking a sample do you think one of the other seven would be able to analyze it?"

30. - Top - End - #240

BardGuy

"I'm not sure how to destroy it. Maybe burn it? Does anyone have a torch or tindertwig?"