New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Alchemists II - Game Thread

The surprises just never quite at the Alchemist central. Having enought of waiting for her answer, the girl takes once more to walking around the Central. Over the laboratories, under the staircases, in and out of the rooms. After a few hours of taking the strode, she returns once again to the center of the central. Now the scene has changed. From the looks of it, Fleeing Coward admited to being the homunculi.

"Is... is this true Fleeing Coward? Say it isn't so! You seem like such a nice person, and now you're saying you're one of Them? Oh, I really can't believe this!"

Getting pale as sheets, she lauches herself towards the bathrooms. When she comes back, she is whiter still, if that is humanly possible.

"I'm sorry, but you've go to go if this is really so. One way or another."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat_ View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surely FC would want to earn alchemical points? Then why is he roleplaying a Homunculus? I doubt that'd earn him any points if he was an alchemist, since the RP wouldn't make any sense. It's like roleplaying a fruit basket, or perhaps a nice pair of shoes.
    ((Has nothing to do with wanting to earn roleplay points, roleplay is roleplay regardless of which side you're on and I doubt the narrators would discriminate just becase you're not on the side you're roleplaying since I think I got a rp point last round for this thing. I'm rping a homunculi because that's what I rped it last game as well.
    As for my point on Lord Iames Osari, that's just petty revenge since he got me killed last round when he was Hohenheim.
    Freshmeat on the other hand seems to be awfully eager to get rid of me for some reason that he'd go so far as making up reasons that don't really hold much water when you think about it.))

EDIT: Now that I look at the votes, it appears that there's a higher chance of me getting lynched than I thought so I'll switch my point to Slannesh to save my own neck even though I hate lynching autolynchees. Still don't like the fact that Freshmeat has continously pointed at me just because of my roleplay choice.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2008-01-26 at 06:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Heknik this work is far too easy for us. Advanced Manipulation of Elements and Emotions? Bah! By the fifth horn of Sedah; this work is suitable for the youngest Spawn of a Drell."
    "Aye; especially for you. Little Miss Angelic. Who won't believe what you say?"
    "And you? Look! A Demonic Temptress trained by the Sneri's and Etidorhpa herself."
    Heknik thinks for a bit and slowly agrees. "I never thought of it that way. Shall we go practice thses ever-so-difficult Arts on the mortals and these clay people they fear so badly it makes their souls writhe in sublime fear?"
    "Can we seduce children into practicing the Rites of the Damned and dance in the blood rains of Retemed?"
    "Oh yes! Yes! Yes! You think of the most fun things to do all the time Ekin."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

The Opal Alchemist awakens, finally, and stumbles down to breakfast in the mess hall. Bleary eyed, he sits down heavily at the end of one of the benches with his plate piled high with the staples of military cuisine: fat, sugar, grease, bread and caffeine.

Having consumed six times the recommended daily allownce of everything, the Opal Alchemist looks around for anyone he recognises.

Hey! The steel alchemist... haven't seen him in a while, maybe I should go and say hello.

He makes to get up, then slowly sits down again.

...Actually, maybe not. I still owe him money.

The Opal Alchemist decides that staying in a room of highly trained soldiers he owes money is a bad idea, and wanders back on to the streets of Central.

As he walks to the library, he spots Heknik and Ekin (CurlyKitGirl) walking in the opposite direction.

Why are they all dressed up? he muses to himself Pretty though

5. - Top - End - #125

"Spawn Sister; see that corpulent mortal?"
    "Oh my yes. Gorgeous isn't he?"
    "Oh yes. Shall we follow him?"
    "Maybe we can dance our fingers over his tense; bulging self. And watch him gasp and thrive as we perform our delicate Arts upon him."
    The two demons follow the man into the library and stare at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

The Opal Alchemist walks through the magnificent entrance of the grand library, wondering at the vaulted ceiling with its frescoes of ancient myths. Sadly, it is not original, since the first building was mysteriously burnt down. He sighs, remembering the times he spent in the original library, learning for his state alchemy exam. The Opal Alchemist is shaken from his reverie by the librarian.

Excuse me, sir. What book was it you were looking for?

Hmm? Ah yes. What books do you have on human alchemy?

Those books are not available to the public, sir.

He sighs and pulls out his pocket watch.

Now can I see them?

Of course major. Sorry, sir.

The Opal alchemist follows the librarian deep into the library and eventually finds the book he wants and begins to read.

After a while, he notices the two girls he saw earlier staring at him and smiles to them.

Hello. Have we met before?

((Also: Hey! For once, my character isn't overweight!))
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-01-27 at 02:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

"My; he's dabbling in forbidden arts."
    "Oh yes. Such a dangerous person."
    Hello. Have we met before? The two sisters strut over to the table where the Major is reading and look over his shoulders at the book. "Dabbling in forbidden Arts -"
    "-this is intrigiuing. Do you perhaps -"
    "-feel inclined towards the Hellish Circles ruled over by Sedah?" Heknik and Ekin simultaneaously draw matted locks of blood streaked hair over their shoulders and begin the reshape it.

((EDIT: Hey; these two SpawnSiblings are almost skeletally thin when they haven't eaten for a day and as they come from Sedah they're used to literal skeletons walking around. To them you are corpulent.))
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-01-27 at 03:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

((Curly, want to elaborate on this characters of yours? Are they your creation, or a part of larger universe? You picked my interest.))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The Opal Alchemist closes the book.

Heh. Not really dabbling, I just wished to know a little more about these homunculi I've been hearing about. One formed for each of the seven sins. It's incredible what us alchemists can manage when being stupid. Ah! Look at me rabbiting on! I haven't even introduced myself.

He stands and stretches out a hand to the two sisters.

My name is Major Eptul Uparas, the Opal Alchemist. But you can call me Ep. he smiles to both young ladies, and you lovely ladies are...?

((Yeah. Well. ))
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-01-27 at 03:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Hekink and Enik smile and finish arranging their hair. Their hair now resembles a matted bloody Medusa-like hairstyle. They both flourish a curtsey, "I'm Henik."
    "I'm Ekin."
    "We are the Spawn Siblings of Sallap and Xyst and sisters of Sotac and Iab."
    "We are sent here to this mortal plane to study the Arts of Alchymy; Manipulaytion; and diuerse others to fufil our seventh circle qualification."
    "Sadly these . . . Homunculii - "
    " - demons unsuitable of the name demons. They are more infantile than the youngest Drell."
    " - interrupted what was to be a boring holiday. Yet this work of crafting such a clay person interests us greatly. And this chaos allows us to revel in naked fear and practice our Arts too." Ekin lays a soft white hand on Ep's shoulder and says, "Perhaps...Ep you would like to show us this Art, forbidden amongst your kind." Heknik sighs slightly and shakes her head from side to side.
    "Too much, too soon."

((Well; at least these two have a story! And aren't overweight.))
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-01-27 at 03:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Eptul is more than a little startled by the sisters' new hairstyle.

Umm. Heh. This kind of alchemy is quite new to me too. I was a munition alchemist to west. Making special ammunition and joining with certain covert missions. I've worked mainly with metal transmutation with the military. Although personally I have always enjoyed gem transmutation, some say I have a gift for it.

He pulls out a cloth with complex transmutation circles written into it in deep red ink, which wraps up some dull lumps of metal and a few smooth pebbles.

I was going to do this later, but I'd like you to see.

He claps and presses his hand over the circle and the components inside it.

FLASH

He picks up the transmuted object and inspects it.

Hmm. It's turned out much better than usual. Your beauty must have rubbed off a little!

He passes the opal gemstone to Henik. It is a clear pale blue colour, although running from one end to the other and two intertwining glittering strands, one of gold the other deep red.

You can keep it. Perhaps we could learn a little more about these evil Homuculi together? Purely for acedemic reasons, of course.

12. - Top - End - #132

Heknik takes the opal and smiles. She easily rips a human sinew from her ever-present whip and attaches the opal to it. Then she puts the crude headband in her hair.
    Ekin smirks at her soft-hearted Spawn Sibling and says to EP; "Our deal is sealed with the gift. In return we will give you one. Our Spawn Parents taught us rudimentary animation of corpses; and Heknik was specially credited with artificial life. Shall we retire to a safer, more secure place?" Ekin walks off a safe distance and waits, browsing a book.
    Heknik meanwhile, had taken several bones and rubies out of a dimensional pocket and had crafted them into a small bracelet. "I also excelled at Transmutation and Crafting. The deal is sealed. Will you come?"

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

After all the shocs, the young alchemist decides it would do her good to get a change air. A library would fit the bill perfectly, so she slowly walks over to the library.

Getting there, she wordlessly marvels the beauty of the interiror.

"All the knowledge, all the experience. Saved in this one place. This really is like dream coming true, for any alchemist. This should give me some time to recollect my thoughts."

She picks up a few books and carries them over to the table. Basic rules of alchemy, the procedure of attaching automail to ones body, the rules of transmutaion circle... Everything she can get her hands on. As time flows by, she suddenly hears the voices from the other end of the library. Gathering the courage, she sits up and goes to check it.

After arriving to the location she finds the sisters hse met that morning talking to a man who is, by his claim, the Opal Alchemist. After listening to their conversation for a few minutes, she is literally left spechless. Just when she planes to get away, she bumps into large armoire and a few books fall down from it.

"Oh, how stupid and clumsy can I be!? I better pick this up!"

When she getts around the armoire she meets the strange sisters and Opal Alchemist eye to eye. Flushing, she introduces herself:

"I'm sorry to bother you sir. And laidies. I was reading on the other end of the library, and I heard noises, and I wanted to check who it was. You can't be too safe with the Homunculi running around."

She then jsut stays there, not knowing what to do in presence of such persons.

Sorry for intruding on such personal matter guys, but I need some points as well.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah yes. Perhaps the military library is not the best place to discuss such things. Just let me check out a few of the books I didn't finish reading.

Eptul walks back to the front desk with three books and speaks with the librarian, who reluctantly lets him take them. He slips to of the small books into his jacket, but the third is rather large and cumbersome, so he carries it by hand.

Where do you suggest we go? I don't think my barracks would be a good place to bring such fine ladies, it would look unseemly. And security is pretty tight there anyway.

...That's not real, is it? he says looking at the whip.

The Opal Alchemist picks up some of the fallen books and puts them back on the shelf, careful to keep the book on human alchemy away from the girl.

Ha! It is true that safety is more important in these times, but isn't it you who should be more worried? I'm a state alchemist so I'm not particularly worried. Are you here by yourself?

Although I'm sure if the Homunculi really wanted us dead, we wouldn't have much choice in the matter!
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-01-27 at 04:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Bored, want to RP
    Keris wanders through the Library, occasionally moving a missplaced book. Rounding a corner, he sees the strange group.
    "Opal, what are you doing? Who are you three? And what are you doing with that book? Human Alchemy is forbidden for a reason, that book shouldn't be out here. Come to think of it, you girls shouldn't be here either. How did you get past the librarian?"

16. - Top - End - #136

"It's real. We are Spawn Siblings. Ekin just doesn't show it. So she gets the other perks. The whip hasn't been used since we got here though. It's not very fun if you can't flay the skin off people and then let them watch while you fashion whip strands from their very body." Heknik and Ekin follow Ep out of the library.

"Foolish human." Ekin kneels down to pick up the books the clumsy mortal knocked onto the floor. "You fear too much. Demons are not easily killed; especially by clay mortals. And you! You need not fear. You are far too powerless to even have a Homunculii want to kill you." After placing the last of the books back on the shelves Ekin looks at the mortal human. "I see humans don't learn manners any more. Especially to those who could kill them in one breath." Heknik sighs and waits for Ekin to finish gloating.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! Cuttingwind! I haven't seen you in ages! How was your last posting? Still a lieutenant colonel, I see.

This?
    The Opal Alchemist motions at the tome he carries.

Know your enemy, like the old sargent major said. I've been out on some godforsaken post for two years, so all this stuff with the Fullmetal Alchemist is news to me.

You'll have to excuse my two friends, they just wanted to see the great library. Tourists. You know how it is.

Eprul is a little shocked by Heknik's comment, but tries not to show it.

Ookay. That's good.

Where did you say we should meet? he whispers

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Scowling at the comments of the others, the girls is quick to strike back.

"I'm here alone, yes. I thought that library would be got place to relax, but it looks like I was sorely mistaken. You say you are state alchemist? Wouldn't that make you an excelent target for homunculi? And you're not worried? You can't be that powerful to not be afraid of death!"

She then looks at the two spawn siblings.

"And you two! So beautiful... yet hideous at same time. You say you could destroy me. I dare you, try it! I'm not powerless, not on myself, and especially not when surrounded by so many other alchemists and this vast knowledge. Oh, how both of you disgust me!"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"My last posting, Opal, was quelling an insurrection in Dras Leona. The people there still haven't forgiven us, particularly Fullmetal. And Lieutenant Colonel or not, I still outrank you, but you never liked the officer ranks did you?
    As to the Homonculi, all we need to know is how to kill them. Anything else is irrelevant.
    Miss, please calm yourself. But I'm afraid that if you can't produce your title and pocketwatch, I will have to ask you to leave. The same gos for you sisters."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

The Opal Alchemist sighs.

Look, girl. Sorry, what was your name? Nevermind. If the homunculi want me dead, I probably will be. Seven-, although I heard that they caught one, so maybe six on one isn't much of a fight. However 'powerful' I may be. I'm quite skilled at alchemy, but not at fighting. Not everything is about brute strength.

As an aside, he says

I'd leave those two alone, if I were you. You'll only annoy them, and they don't strike me as the type who like annoyances much.

Now, I think the librarian is pretty pissed with us now. And I for one, would rather not be banned for being too loud.

The Opal Alchemist makes his way to the exit with his books.

It's always by the rules with you isn't it, Cuttingwind? And you know I like to know what's going on. I don't see the harm in finding out a little more about our enemies. All knowledge is good knowledge, they say.

Actually, maybe I got that wrong.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-01-27 at 06:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Ep is sent a telepathic message "The Bloody Field."
    "Heknik; these mortals are perilously close to us and we swore that oath. We had better depart and leave this intriuging place of the Death of Learning before we do anything bad." Snapping open their wings they flap heavily to gain the air and swoop out of the library.
    "We hunt."

((ALso, we prefer Spawn Siblings))

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Watching the Spawn siblings depart, she shudders and says to Opal Akchemist:

Perhaps you're right, I won't bohther them. Much. As for the alchemy, perhaps you could teach me something. I'm new at this, I'm sure alchemist like you could taught me much."

She looks at him sincerely. At the same time she says to the man that was identified as Cuttingwind:

"Sisters? With those aberrations? Please sir, give me some dignity, I haven't dropped so low to have fiend in the family. Well, no counting my brother, but that is different case, I think."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

"I meant no offence, and only assumed the two who have departed to be sisters. If you are new to Alchemy, how did you come to be here? I understood Flame to have sent the call to those who had passed the Alchemy Exam.
    If you have a desire to learn, I can assist you. I am Lieutenant Colonel Keris Rain, the Cutting Wind Alchemist. What is your name?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    EDIT: Now that I look at the votes, it appears that there's a higher chance of me getting lynched than I thought so I'll switch my point to Slannesh to save my own neck even though I hate lynching autolynchees. Still don't like the fact that Freshmeat has continously pointed at me just because of my roleplay choice.
    ((What I don't get is where you get off thinking that your roleplaying shouldn't matter.

"I'm just roleplaying being an evil monster that wants to kill all the normal people. And it's totally unfair and out of character for everybody else to try and kill me first."

Seriously, WTF?))

25. - Top - End - #145

((I'm not saying it's unfair, I just don't like Freshmeat's illogical conclusion that I'm rping a Homunculi because I'm a Homunculi trying to get rp points. By his logic, none of the major roles on both sides are getting any rp points since noone's gone out and roleplayed as their actual role yet as far as I can see.
    Also I know roleplaying as a bad guy's going to get me killed early more often than not (I've done it more than enough times after all) but it doesn't mean I have to like it ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

((Well, you must like it on some level, or else you would stop doing it.))

27. - Top - End - #147

((I figure if I do it enough, they'll eventually stop trying to lynch me straight away for it. Not actually working but can't hurt to try once every couple of games ))
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Look, here's the thing. The only reason you're pointing at him is because he made a bit of a spectacle of himself. I actually happen to think it doesn't make any sense at all whether or not he plays a fruit loop, psychopath, or paladin...wait, those were redundant. In the end, pay attention to what he does and the reasoning he gives for things that aren't just fun roleplay-wise. It doesn't make any sense to persecute based on the character someone has chosen, and typically those trying to get someone killed because of character-choice are looking for excuses (typically wolves) to kill someone else.))
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

29. - Top - End - #149

Sergeant Gray, the shadow alchemist, walks into the library.

He senses that Opal and Cuttingwind are tense.

He quietly walks to a bookcase and picks a book titled "Alchemy and Mythology: A study of ancient practices similar to Alchemy".

He flips to a page about early aboriginal practices, and their "Totem" alchemy.

Gray looks at the two Alchemists.

Read any good books lately?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Day 2 ends.

The usual Alchemist gathering begins at dusk. Paranoia begins to spread through the mass of State Alchemists as they look at each other.

It's him!

No, it's not! It's her!

It is NOT her! It is that other guy!

While so many Alchemists continue to point at each other, completely sure that they are in the company of the Spawn of Hell, a bigger group crowds around a Fearful-looking Alchemist.

You've been very quiet lately, haven't you? Are you afraid the Homunculi might target you next? Or is it perhaps that... you're afraid we might discover you?

The Alchemist looks up. No.... No, please.... It's not me! I'm just an Alchemist! I just.... wanted to cure the disease!

This attracts everyone's attention. All eyes focus on him. The Alchemists look at each other. There is no longer any doubt. This man must be a Homunculus, pretending to want to help the world.

Two Alchemists savagely take hold of him and tie him up in the middle of the courtyard, as the other wizened Alchemists draw a circle around him, inscribing ancient Runes into it.

Sparks fly everywhere as the Alchemists join together and perform the deadly seal and the life is taken away from Slaanesh's body.

The Alchemists realize, in horror, their terrible mistake.

Saying he wanted to cure some sort of...... disease? Slaanesh, you idiot! Had you stayed quiet none of this would have happened!

The Alchemists all look elsewhere, trying to position the blame, but it's pointless. They all know it was their fault.

Slaanesh..... says another Alchemist. You were....... such a FOOL!

Summary:
    Slaanesh was Lynched. He was Lujon.

Night 2 begins now and ends in 24-48 hours.

Narrator's note: I'm sorta busy right now. I'll start coutning up Alchemic points tomorrow afernoon. Right now, I just don't have enough time to look through everyone's Role-Play slowly.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-01-28 at 12:03 AM.