New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Default Re: Corrath - Group 1

Scabi raises a hand with a shake of his head.

"I just wanted to see if you would allow me. It is obvious you have knowledge far in advance of mine in these manners." he says and then leans forward, "Let us see then, you mentioned payment I believe?"
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-01-25 at 10:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Rellan smirks as though he was waiting for that question all the time.
    "Yes. As I said we offer a generous reward for the completion of this job. A total of 12.000 gold pieces has been readied for you. To show our sincerity on the issue you get 4.000 right now and the other 8.000 upon completion. We can also pay you in platinum if you prefer that."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lathlan raises his eyebrows and gives a small whistle as payment is announced.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Albireo

Albireo frowns a little. "Pyll, has ANY guild ever been free-entry? With the secrecy surrounding this one, I doubt it would start up such a trend." He brightens up a little at the mention of payment. "That's definately satisfactory to cover my... 'expenses'... for a while."
    "The only way to save the village... is through DANCE."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

At the mention of payment, Morin speaks up. "That is per person, correct?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

"Ahh, Albireo, I see you have misunderstood me. Of COURSE they're going to be secretive. I never suspected we could walk in the front door. But, they are growing fast, are they not, Rellan? They must be recruiting, and heavily. All we would need to do is determine what qualities they are looking for, and then arrange for one of us to present those qualities in a very public manner.... well, of course, unless they're looking for unassumming talent that wouldn't be publicly obvious... Nevertheless, we would do well no matter what plan to determine who they're recruiting."

"Rellan, what manner of people have gone over to this guild. They can't be rising at such a mercurial rate and no one knows who's joining them."
    Characters
    Pyll : Trakkard Raul
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

Sinking deeper into shadows you didn't even see until he slinked into them, Jailbird speaks, "I have seen all sorts from the shadows. This guild could be any number of extraplanar intrusions into our world... a demon army feels very little need to recruit, nor does an army of transformed elementals. Or, one extremely talented necromancer could be raising the ghosts of demon and angel alike. Or a rift could bring invasion from another world... these things, and many more, are possible. You can see many things from the shadows on the edge of history."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

just for fun, heres some sneakyness. If needed, I start with some sleight of hand to distract ya'll as I fade into the shadow of say, a small umbrella, or something else that casts not enough shadow for anyone to hide behind.

Sleight of hand (1d20+17)[21]

Hide(1d20+33)[40]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, Mister Ilmar. I'm afraid to disappoint you but this payment was readied for the whole group. Of course you are free to take whatever you can find on your mission. Also if we can get useful information on the Va'ra, we are more than willing to multiply your payment.
    Without even bothering to look around to find Jailbird Rellan continues talking to him: "It could be any of these. There are many possibilities I assume. In any case, we need to make preventive strikes and find information on the guild."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

"And what of my question? Is there any information you could share with us about what kind of people are being recruited, or, is it as my disappearing cohort says, and they draw their numbers from places outside of Corrath?
    Characters
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"We have no reliable information on that. But there have been individuals spotted around the Va'ra posts that seem to be affiliated with the guild and are beings that clearly don't come from anywhere outside of Corrath."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

Hyorin fixes his vision on Rellan. "So that means that at most we will find talented individuals just about strong enough to even give us some challenge. However, there could be more into it. "He then looks at the whole team. "That means we will not be able to charge in and kill everyone." Hyorin now looks at the carpet. "And if our contractors here do not want to be associated with this little stunt we are about to pull, we better cover our intentions."

He then start to stroke the fur on his chin. "We should draw some attention to keep them from guessing what our true intentions are.... Or perhaps we shouldn't and let them now what our intentions are." His mouth shifts into a grin. "Maybe a new band of mercenaries who may be wanting to become a guild might need the support of this new organization."
    Last edited by Random NPC; 2008-01-26 at 12:20 PM.
    Image by Rich Burlew

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Albireo

"Well, if it's extraplanar beings we're looking at, I say we figure out exactly what kind." He smirks, continuing. "And then, I can bind one of them to our service and infiltrate."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, lets get going to closer to one of these guild halls, I think better on the move."

A hand comes out of the shadows... You know what this means. (OOC : Shadow walk = you have to be holding hands with each other and me, then we move FAST.))

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

Scabi nods thoughtfully, "I believe it is, if not the safest, certainly one of the more plausible ideas, to scout out those they take in and then emulate them if possible."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

The pixie rises, stretches his wings with a quick hovering jump, and then settles. "I'm glad we're starting to come to some consensus. As long as everyone is decently prepared first... I'd hate to be taken by suprise and not be ready for action."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: using the metamagic rod: extend, cast greater mage armor.
    Last edited by SirGhandi; 2008-01-26 at 04:33 PM. Reason: color mistake
    Characters

17. - Top - End - #107

Lathlan crosses his arms and pops his neck as he says, "Yeah, we've got a lot of options here. Seems to me like we need to start by just goin' to see what's there; we can make plans once we get some more information. Before, that, though..." He places his attention Rellan and says, "Where can we get that advance money? I'd like to go ahead and get it so as to make preparations."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

Seeing that the others are none to ready to just take the hand and travel through the plane of shadows, Pyll pipes in, "I can assure you that based on my studies, shadow-walking can be quite an exhilirating experience. I've never had the pleasure, so I for one am more than pleased to have this opportunity. It's safe enough, and I'm fairly certain that our host will not take us too close to enemy territory, so we've really nothing to fear."

The pixie takes the outstretched hand, and beckons for the nearest to follow his lead.
    Characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Rellan White reaches into a drawer at his desk and pulls out a bag of money. He walks over to Lathlan.
    "Since you were so eager to find the advance payment, here it is. 4000 gold pieces.", he hands over the bag and then the roll of parchment to the Kijyan. "And here is the map. You will find the two Va'ra houses marked on it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lathlan recieves a map to Rynna and a bag with 4000 gold pieces. Share it or fight over it. I don't care.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-01-31 at 05:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

"Ah! Any more information we might want to know?" Hyorin asks, straight to the point.
    Image by Rich Burlew

21. - Top - End - #111

Lathlan nods and grins as he recieves the money and the map. "Thank you very much." He backs away and looks to the group ready to shadow-walk and moves to join them. "We've got what we need, so shall we get to it? We'll divide this gold even when we get there, methinks..."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

Briefly, Jailbird consults the map. "I'll try to get us as close as possible...."

Once everyone has linked hands Jailbird puts forth his will, and suddenly the world... shifts. Taking a step forward, Jailbird leads the group through a flickering black-and-white path. In the corners of their eyes, indistinct objects and terrain features seem to flow into each other, fading into shadow when they take the time to look directly. Time passes, and the group walks on....

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure exactly how far we have to travel, but shadow walking isnt exactly accurate, so I'll leave it up to the dm to tell us how long it takes. At the end of our little jaunt, we are shunted (1d10)[4]x100 feet in a random direction from where we wanted to end up... and i'll use the outskirts of the poor district in the town which has these new guild houses as my target area.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

You emerge from the shadows in an alley next to a not very vivid, but yet populated market street. Simple wooden stands seam the street, their owners clad mostly in sack cloth. You can judge by the look of this you are now in a lower class district. Here and there people are going back and forth between the stands discussing the prices of the wares with the sellers. To your right the street goes down easily a few thousand feet before splitting in front of a row of buildings. To your left, a few hundred feet away you can see the street end in front of a builging about three times as high as the rest of the buildings around. The whole construction is made in the Typical style of Agrarryn's cities. It consists of an array of nested blocks held up by columns and is topped by saddle roofs.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

"Well that was a bit different than what I would have expected. Not overtly unpleasant, but certainly nothing I'd want to consider doing on a regular basis."
    The pixie looks around at his surroundings. "So, which way do you think? Unless this is the new beggars' guild, I doubt we'll be having much luck here." He says this last part quietly, so as not to be overheard.
    Characters

25. - Top - End - #115

Lathlan emerges from the shadows with a puzzled look. "That was... strange." He slithers forward a bit and pulls out the map. "So, first thing we need t' do is figure out where we are exactly, unless one of you already know." He holds the map out from his body so that anyone else who wanted to look on would be able to do so, and tries to identify something that would make a good landmark on the map.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

Scabi's head jerks to the side as they appear, and his face is twisted somewhat as if by momentary dizziness. He closes his eyes and ***** his head, listening. He taps his foot several times on the stone and within a few moments he seems to be standing firmly again.

He deeply inhales the new scents of the locale and glances about.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (local) check to know where we are: (1d20+18)[21]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Krark grunts and looks around confusedly before he remembers what happened, and he walks behind his fellows growling in a low voice So what now huh?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Albireo

Albireo seems disoriented for a bit. He looks around, taking in his surroundings. "Man, I never get used to that feeling... I suggest we start our information-gathering. If anyone needs to stock up on supplies, he should do it before we get knee-deep in secret plots and conspiracy theories."
    Last edited by FullPlateJacket; 2008-02-01 at 10:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Lathlan nods as Albireo finishes. "Probably the right idea there... I'm gettin' nowhere on figuring out where we're at on the map. Let's go ahead and divvy the advance..." He pauses for a moment, muttering, "4,000 gold, 8 a' us. 500 for all of us." He slithers further back into the ally so as not to attract attention, and begins counting out the coins, sorting through them rather quickly. He'll take as long as he needs to count out 7 groups of 570 coins and hand them out to the other group members.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-02-02 at 12:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Morin

Morin accepts the coins quietly, looking around the general area, trying to get a feel for where they are, based on the map.

Spoiler
    Show
    K: Local: (1d20+13)[23]