New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Corrath - Group 1

Spoiler
    Show
    @Proven Paradox: There are 8 of you: Lathlan, Morin, Scabi, Jailbird, Pyll, Albireo, Hyorin and Krark

@Everyone: Survival and Gather Information checks also help knowing where you are.

@Morin and Scabi
    Spoiler
    Show
    You figure you are close to your aim. The large building at the end of the road to your left might be what you've been looking for
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-02-02 at 07:20 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Banned

Scabi steps out of the shadows and strolls through the crowd, tapping one on the shoulder as he goes ans asking a question here, one there, and happens to near one of the stalls run by a woman. Looking over the wares he says conversationally with a warm smile, "Morning. I've only recently arrived and I seem to have become turned around. Would you be able to tell me what buildings these are?"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy = (1d20+22)[40]
    Gather Information = (1d20+9)[26]

edit: Man, with that roll she'd accept a proposal to marriage...
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-02 at 11:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

After stepping out of the cold shadows, the warmth of his blood returned to him. He then analyzed the place trying to guess where he was.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Local [roll]120+7[/roll]
    Image by Rich Burlew

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[17]

Again!

Image by Rich Burlew

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll

Pyll will inform the others of his plan (those that haven't dispersed) and then sneak toward the buildings indicated by the map. "Wish me luck!"

He'll activate the greater invisibility, then cast read magic. Just in case there's true-seeing taking place, he'll also hide and move silently. He'll stay far enough away so as not to trigger any alarm or glyph. When he's arrived to within 100 feet (or, in case there is a clear indication that the masses don't come within a certain distance) of the building, he'll use the silent rod to cast detect magic, and then concentrate to maintain it while advancing for a closer look. He'll also keep a close eye out for more convention traps.

Spoiler
    Show
    relevant rolls:
    hide - (1d20+12)[17]
    move silent - (1d20+19)[32]
    [roll=concentration]120+13[/roll]
    search - (1d20+20)[27]
    orspot - (1d20+17)[30]
    Characters
    Pyll : Trakkard Raul
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: oops
    Spoiler
    Show
    concentration - (1d20+13)[20]
    Characters
    "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

Meanwhile, Jailbird never really leaves the shadows completely, save to accept his share of the advance payment. He will sneak towards the building non-mystically, but very effectively.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide(1d20+33)[34]
    Move silent(1d20+28)[30]
    Listen : +17, Spot +17.

lol. a 1 and a 2... classic.
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-03 at 02:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, of course, kind sir.", the sickly woman says: "These are just the homes of a few of the people you see here. Some of them have stores inside too.", she points down the road to the row of buildings at the forking street.
    "Over there is a tavern. My husband says they have the best ale in this area... I say they have the only ale in this area.", she chuckles silently, then starts to cough.
    After she catches herself she continues: "The large one over there," she points to the large building at the opposite end of the street. "I don't really know. Some people say it's a guildhouse. They let no one inside. Being very secretive.", she coughs again, "I'm sorry but I cannot tell you much more."

@Pyll
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't know which one is the building marked on the map.

Also maybe i missed that detail, both buildings are quite a bit away from each other.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

Scabi turns to study the structure indicated and ponders it a moment.

"Surely some of the members venture to or from it?" he says with a lilt that indicates that it's not that he doesn't disbelieve the women, but more alike to amazement. "Or servants?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll scratches his invisible head. He was sure he'd looked at the map when Lathlan held it out, and now he was unsure which building to head toward. Must be some magic afoot, befuddling my mind. He concentrates really hard on trying to remember which building was marked on the map.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: do I need a survival roll or gather information to interpret the map? if so, here's both.
    survival - (1d20+4)[5]
    gather information - (1d20+6)[19]
    Characters

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Pyll suddenly gets the strong feeling that the whole group is in the entirely wrong place. The great building at the end of the road seems to be a guild house, as a scared bypasser tells his seemingly disembodied voice, but he is not convinced it belongs to the guild he was looking for.

"Some people in blue and black clothes come out or go inside every now and then. No one else."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

Pyll will rush back to those still assembled and share the information he has picked up. Then he'll seek out the pandakin (should be hard to miss) and wait a second while he finishes his business, then quietly share his information as well. He'll pop visible of course, no need panicking his own comrades.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Stupid 1. it is entirely possible that my nat 1 is behind this, but we play the cards...err, dice we're dealt/rolled.
    Characters

13. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lathlan signs in annoyance at this. "You've got to be kidding... Is that even possible with that shadow-warp thing we did? I'd have hoped we'd have at least SOME precision for that kind of spell."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Jailbird

A voice speaks from the shadows along the wall...

"I used mystic power to open a hole in reality... We travelled an illusionary path between this plane and that of shadow. We travelled miles in mere minutes. If you want accuracy, use a horse."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

Scabi smiles coldly a moment at the skeletal man before dropping as quickly as it came.

"The talk of the locals lead me to believe that structure over there is the guild house." he says, nodding towards the building indicated by the woman at the stall. "They talk of those dressed in black and blue clothing coming in or out at rare intervals, but that is all that is seen."

He purses his lips and continues, "I will go and verify. I suggest you steer clear so as not to attract attention."

With that he strolls more or less straight to the building and leans against it and closes his eyes as if weary. Those watching him closely however see the back of his head lightly taps it, and his fingers beat a silent tattoo upon the surface as if he was reacting to some unheard beat. He'll then pause a moment before resuming.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using up three of my bardic musics to use Talk of the Town to speak with the structure.

Asking it whats on the other side, who is there, what is being said, etc. Particularly what the people within call themselves.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

You hear the deep, clanging and constrained voice of of the old building coming to life, speaking in fragments: "Men.... women.... Gillad he said... Lann is her name...", the building pauses before it seems to start reciting a conversation: "...must find it. It would set an end to Cythian. - Master, we recieved message from Le....", the building suddenly stops in the middle of the word and sinks to silence.
    After a few moments the building continues just as suddenly as if waken from a dream: "Call themselves... umbra... no... shadow... resistance... Va'ra... their name is Va'ra. My name is Va'ra."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Scabi

*patter pat pat a'ramma'slam'tap. Slam pat, bump thump, humpety bomp tink....*

Steady walls to you Va'ra. I seek your knowledge Great Many-Member, and Spirit of Dwelling. What is the Va'ra and to what goals do you strive? Confide in me your secrets...
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-06 at 08:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

"Va'ra is... life... death... restoration. Will break the walls, take down guilds... suffering will stop. Lords will fall", every fragment seems to be speaken in a different voice as the building continues, "Revolution... selfish... poor... break the walls... break.... the.... walls..."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Banned

Scabi

*bang-bang-bang thump slam-tunk-tunk-wunka*

How many make up the many-you here and where do your soul bits reside at this time and in what place?

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically how many are in the building and where are they in relation to Scabi.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-02-06 at 08:38 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

The pandakin graciously moves up to the sellers and looks at the wares, preferably fruits.

"Greetings!" He says to the seller. "I'm a traveler from the far east lands. I look for shelter, some food and perhaps a job." He points to the sword strapped on his back. "Would you kindly provide me with some information and the price of perhaps three of your ripe and fine fruits." He says with a smile as he puts 2 silver pieces on the table.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Information - (1d20+14)[16]

Last edited by Random NPC; 2008-02-06 at 11:16 AM.
    Image by Rich Burlew

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

"I....", again a short period of silence. "Many... many... coming in going out. This moment becoming less, becoming more... no numbers... always changing. Many! Everywhere. Above, below, next to you.", the building speaks in the tone of a confused, overstrained child but with the deep, clanging voice of an old man.

The woman at the stand looks up to the pandakin: "I don't know, kind Sir. I'm afraid I don't have the money to pay your while. Down the street there is a tavern. The only one in this area. If you are looking for contacts, I suppose you're most likely to find someone there."
    She takes a close look at the money then starts to search through her fruits hastily, inspecting some of them closely before putting them back or passing on to the next one until she has picked out two pomegranates and three apples, all of them in a deep red. "Only the finest for you, kind Sir.", she says handing the five fruits to Hyorin.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

"Ah. Thank you, fair lady. Your kindness reminds me of my dear white land." He says as he chumps down on one of the apples. He finishes it in one bite, puts the rest on his backpack and heads out to the Tavern.

He looks inside of his wallet, noticing just a few copper coins. "I need to exchange this gold into smaller currency." He says softly in Pandakin, followed by a sigh.

He draws them and puts the 8 copper pieces. "Greetings, kind sir. I'm traveler from the far east lands. I'm looking for something to quench my thirst, shelter and perhaps a hint on where to find a job." He points at his sword strapped on his back.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Information - (1d20+14)[17]

Damn... getting crappy rolls.

Last edited by Random NPC; 2008-02-06 at 12:11 PM.
    Image by Rich Burlew

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Corrath - Group 1 IC

Lathlan watches the pandakin go with a raised eyebrow before turning back to watch Scabi do... whatever it is he does from the shadows of the alleyway.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

*whack slam tuh tuh tuh tuh tuh tap*

Where are the openings from the out to the in of you, Va'ra?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The barkeep, a male halfling with short, messy brown hair, wearing a simple white linen shirt, black pants and seemingly overly heavy black leather boots sits on his bar and smiles at Hyorin with a hint of surprise on his face: "People of your kind are a rare sight around here, Master Pandakin! To be honest, you are the first I have ever seen!", he stands up, now being on almost the same eyesheight with Hyorin and stretches out his hand for a greeting. "If you are looking for jobs, well I can offer you a position as a bouncer, but I'm not so sure if it would suit a travelling swordsman - or should I say swordsbear? - as you are." he chuckles briefly and then continues: "You might find something more suitable for you, if you talk to Burt Redfox. Some interesting stories he's got to tell. Though he seems a bit... off the track lately."
    The diminutive barkeep points at a man with long, messy russet hair sitting at a corner table. He seems to be at middle age for a human, his once handsome traits hollowed and his beard has not been cut for days. While his left hand constantly rubs through his hair, the right hand clings to a tankard of ale, the knuckles white with strain. His eyes seem restless searching the tavern and bearing the signs of terror.
    "I see you seem to be thirsty.", the halfling is now holding the eight copper pieces in his hand. "Or maybe you are just coming from the more central districts of Rynna. You know, around here you can get four mugs of ale of this money."

--------------------------------------

"You are at my shoulder now. Turn to your east and you will find my mouth. Many more mouths beneath.", the building's speech has become much clearer now.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

"Where is the nearest opening of your underground mouth do you know?" Scabi taps to the guild building.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not far from you. Enter from beneath the streets. Not far from you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a spot check

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Hyorin

The pandakin smiles broadly. "I have to decline in your job offer, but I'll take the four mugs. Three for me and one for you!" He says as his face gets closer to the Halfling. "Drink for glory and for the good days." He winks.

Once he gets his three mugs of ale, and saying thank you to the Halfling, Hyorin puts one mug of ale in front of Burt Redfox and two on the other side of the table, where he sits.

"What troubles thee?" He asks as he position himself in a way for his sword to be seen by Burt. He chugs down on one mug, almost finishing it.
    Image by Rich Burlew

29. - Top - End - #149
    Banned

Scabi glances about at the street, momentarily seeming to come out of his trance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot= (1d20+9)[16]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Scabi
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see an entrance to the sewer at the corner to a side road. The lid does not seem to fit entirely

"Yes..." Va'ra clangs.

--------------

Hyorin
    Burt regards Hyorin with a quick look before he goes back to nervously examining the tavern.
    "They are... are... they got them all. Scorg... Jain... Ben... Lann... they got them all... they... they're dead..."