New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Momento Mori IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Momento Mori IC

Evangeline

Evangeline started with surprise as a divider began to rise up from the floor between the two rows of seats. Without hesitation, she grabbed her bag from where she had dumped it next to Press and yanked it over the quickly rising plexi.

Something was wrong, but there was little she could do about it. Either the principal was a complete nutbar or this was some insane version of a "reality show" and her father would lose his mind when he found out about it. This was Not Good. Ignoring the others, she moved into autopilot. Eve rummaged through her bag, taking stock of what she had. "Damn... no weapons. Didn't even think to bring a steak knife from the table." As the boys pounded against the glass she glanced at the doors out of the corner of her eye to see where the handles were, and looked forward to the chauffeur to see how much attention he was paying to the chaos in the passenger compartment.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-03-21 at 12:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Celeste

With the guards emotional responses earlier motivating her to believe what Mr Press said she wasn't a hard girl to convince. Nukes coming to the USA? Sure why not, there are plenty of nuts out there. That they had been chosen at random (she being the only exception there) for a secret bunker plan? Sure! Everyones paranoid about this sort of thing, and likely went over board with some extremely safe bunker somewhere. That they were to be FROZEN, and thawed out once everything was safe? Uhh not so much. Her worried expression, sad eyes, and quiet voice vanished in an instant. Switch to that of almost a glare then a light chuckle. Though the girl could barely manage to look 'mean' (you'd be surprised if a kitten was afraid of it) ".......Cryogenic Containment units........ " she took a breath "Are we to expect the Doctor to guide us in their use?"

The raising glass was honestly more of a worry to her now then the supposed 'nukes' coming, but she had enough fair in Rose, and Jacob that she wouldn't think they'd 'set her up' for something criminal, this was a prank, and they were in on it. She felt very silly now... Rose, and Jacob would be laughing at her once they saw her again... And their act had been so convincing ugh!

"I'm.. Sorry Mr Press but whatever Prank this is.. I think you let it out of the bag the moment you mentioned we were to be frozen...." the girl brushing her hair back casually, looking to Alessandro, and Eva as she spoke ".. This all was a little overly dramatic don't you think?" finally turning to Vince with a smile, and a quirked brow. She had seen through his acting earlier (Remember that sense motive?) and suspected he had just been skeptical then.. but perhaps he knew all along? "I don't suppose you were in on all this? Or did you just see through it before the rest of us..."
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-03-25 at 03:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Ethan

Cryogenics....THAT'S where I heard the name before....hmm.....Maybe this guy isn't bluffing and this is a real thing.

The hubbub on this side of the glass pane, was starting to get on Ethan's nerves causing him to loose his cool.

"Would you people mind shutting up for a moment..." He said with an obvious 'no nonsense' tone. "Why don't we sit back and enjoy the ride. Press here is obviously doing one of two things, pulling some elaborate prank or giving us a full bill. Quiet frankly I tend to believe him. The Noverra organization is in fact a real group, I know because mother has mentioned the name before and she is head of research and development at NASA. I also know for a fact that she has been working with cryogenic technology for a while, something about long range space missions or some such.

Ethan leans back a bit and tries to get comfortable and continues, "Whether you believe the same or contrary it won't do anyone any good to freak out. If it is a prank then la-dee-da no harm done. If he just so happens to be telling us the truth, then I would much rather be in this little group than outside unknowingly waiting for my own death. At least in a cryogenics chamber there isn't anybody trying to teach me things I don't really need to know.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press simply listens to everyone's complaints. His face is impassive, as if the entire affair isn't fazing him. As Ethan speaks up, he smiles widely.

"Absoultely, my good man. You are exactly correct. As for the random generation, allow me to explain. As I stated earlier, one of the positions was given to the princess here as an act of respect for the royal family. The rest of you were randomly selected form a group of families with enough wealth to fund the project. The company has been stockpiling food, building materials, everything wee need to rebuild our world, and that stuff doesn't come cheap. Your parents paid well for this opportunity. We have numerous bunkers all across the US, and I assure you, all our personnell and your families, will be quite safe. However, it has been hypothesized that a nucleaur fallout could take as long as a century to disperse. We could be stuck in those bunkers the rest of our lives. That's why we've taken young people such as yourselves to test our cryogenic units. If given enough time, we might have made more, but unfortunately, that's time we just don't have."

He leans backward in his seat. "I'm going to be completely honest... you might never see your parents again. We've put them in a seperate bunker, and we don't have time for you to visit them."

He speaks the words with a grim finality. He points to the glass. "This is for my protection... from you."

His features soften. "I'm sorry. I know what this must be like for you. I myself don't look forward to living underground for the rest of my life, but its better than the alternative."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro looks to his left and right for a second, with a little spark in his eye. Cool, what if we really were the last people left alive on Earth. And what if ... well, Celeste ... and maybe even Eve too ... wow!!! Cool!!!! OK, stop day dreaming. This isn't real. But maybe it will be fun to go along for a bit ...

He sits back in his seat, lost in daydreams, and surprisingly quiet for someone who just exploded and hit the window.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

[b]Nathan[b]

Nathan had calmed himself after a silent prayer. He felt separate from the entire incident.

He wondered if all of this was true (which he had a feeling that it was) how it would fit into the prophesies of the holy book.

Pulling out his book, he began flipping through the so called newer portion (only 2000 years old rather then up to 3500 years old) and found a passage where the son of the most high, when on earth to show the way, had healed his friend from death. In that account, he had called his friend sleeping, instead of being dead. Like we will be when we are in the frozen state. he thought. Further, then his friend had been brought back from the dead, he was completely healthy without a mark of the four days he had spent in the death chamber.

Four days... what would that be the equivalency to? he mentally asked himself.

Flipping to another portion of the holy book, he read 'For a thousand years are but like yesterday to you, when they are past'. He flips to another section near the end of the book and reads 'that one day is with the most high as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day'.

His eyes wide, Nathan looked up to the principle and asked "How long do you expect for us to be in this frozen state? A century you said? Just out of curiosity, suppose something went really wrong... would we be able to be woken after... say, 40 centuries?"
    Last edited by Mithreander; 2008-03-31 at 03:53 PM.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press notices Nathan flipping through his holy book. He smiles weekly at Nathan's question.

"I highly doubt that... and If your book is to be beleived, armageddon will most likely have come and gone by then. Besides... not everything in that book is a literal depiction, some of it is metaphorical."
    He raises his hands up defensively. "I'm not talking about the fundamentals, of course, just certain depictions of end times and the like could be mostly imagery, like the dreams of the prophets..."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

Feeling a little bit embarassed that the princess had seen through his ruse Vincent says, "You got me princess. I've been playing along since the beginning. But I'm not in on the joke, exactly. I knew as soon as I heard it, that it had to be some kind of initiation, to put us through some challenge that doesn't have the kinds of consequences that we're told they do, just to make us feel closer at the end of it all. I just figured I'd play along, because I think the ends are worthy of the means most of the time with these things, and I didn't want to take the fun out of it. But I can't believe how much some of these people are still believing this, it's just so... science fiction. It just can't possibly be true. But it looks like we're along for the ride at this point."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

9. - Top - End - #99

Griffon

Celeste

The princess let out a light sigh as Alessandro dove into his little dream world, surprised he was still buying it, but.. trying not to be a judge about it. After all: up until a few minutes ago SHE was still buying it. She kept her eye on vince though as he replied laughing at herself "... Ah... I feel so foolish now for believing it in the first place... If it weren't for Jacob, and Rose's Act at the start... ugh.." she rubbed the bridge of her nose "they'll not let me hear the end of this once we get to the school..."

At this point Mr Press's speech was more amusing then it was scary, and Celeste didn't pay it too much mind. "But.. yes.. we're stuck along either way... speaking of which..." she glances to Mr Press, more or less calm now, lightly holding her purse in her lap, and giving a present, all be it clearly skeptical look "How long until we arrive?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press scowls. "I guess this all so much to take, you've gone and started denial. Fine. Since it seems not many of yu are taking this seriously, and since I'm rather bored of this conversation anyway, I'll show you why I put up this screen..." He grins, almost malicously.

Turning around in his seat, Mr. Press places his hand on the same controls he had used to bring up the screen in the first place. He presses a button, and turns back to you, looking smug. You hear a slight hiss as a green gas starts issuing forth from the ventilation system on your side of the screen.

It takes only a few seconds for the gas to fill the chamber your side has become, and you begin to cough and gag as you can't help but breathe it in. You start to feel dissy, and your vision begins to blur.

The last image you see before your eyes close is Mr. Press' smug grin from the other side of the barrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You open your eyes, and quickly shut them again as a bright, white light nearly blinds you. You feel light, almost floaty, and a soft breeze blows across your cheek.
    After several moments, you open your eyes again. You appear to be surrounded by white. It's everywhere, creating a serene and calm atmosphere. It envelops you, comforts you, soothes you. You see each other, clothed in what looks to be silk, white garments. What's more, their feet don't seem to be touching anything, just floating. You look down at yourself and find the same for you. All anger and resentment is washed away, almost supernaturally. You feel only peace.
    A figure appears among you suddenly, clothed in white as well. His ageless face smiles as his eyes gaze deep into yours, and you feel that he can see into your very soul.

He speaks, and his voice is soothing, but carries an undertone of power, as if this being is one deserving of respect.

"Do not fear, this is but a dream. You slumber deeply, slumber like the dead. A time will come when you will awaken, and I shall return to you then. For now, I can answer any questions you might have..."

OOC: None of you can muster enough anger at him to swear or curse, so Evangeline will have to keep her speach to G-rated.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent

This is a dream? I can't remember ever dreaming a dream that I knew was a dream... Maybe those are the dreams you don't remember... This doesn't feel right, even for a dream. There's something... wrong, here.

"Hello, there? I have a few questions. Who are you? How can you be in my dreams? Why are these other kids here, in my dream? I don't understand... When will it be time to wake up?

Vincent looks down at his empty hands and he feels, alone.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

12. - Top - End - #102

Griffon

Celeste

Even with the Gas there is still a time Celeste thinks this is nothing more then a poorly thought out joke.. by the time it starts to take effect though she's having second thoughts on that logic of hers.. just maybe something else is up here... but by the time she's realized that she's already on her way out, the world fading around her.

in her dream.. or what seems to be a dream Celeste looks around her mind in a daze, as one would be when they just wake up. The light, and the voice are like a soft-blanket but not much more as she regains her senses. ".. what.. is this?" trying to remember, what, where, and who was going on. The car.. yes she remembers that... it didn't really worry her right now, what with the calming effect of this place, but she was still.. concerned lets say. with one head on her forehead as she shook her head.

"... where am I... what happened to the others...?"

Is everyone here? Celeste unsure if she's hearing Vince's voice or not just a tad distracted by the world of light, and God-Like voice tis all(honestly I'm unsure if we're all in the same place, or having this dream individually?) What was this light? ..... And. .this wasn't one of those dreams where you were in your underwear was it V.v?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC: White linen robes, sorry! And yes, you're all present.

The figure smiles at Vince. It is obvious that you are confused... but that is of course understandable given your current situation. In your tongue... I am Miachael.

"As to how I can be in your dream... you must first understand what you are truly seeing. This is not a dream, as such... at least not the ones you are used too. This is what we call a 'Seeing'. Like a collective dream... where we can meet and converse in your subconcious even while your body is asleep. My master, Goel, told me to contact you in this fashion. He has plans for you... oh such wonderous plans. Your cooperation is entirely voluntary, of course, but I do hope you help us, we do so need your help..."

The figure hovers up a few feet, looking down upon you. You will awaken when 'the seekers find the sleepers', that is how the prohpesy goes... yes... it will be fulfilled in short order. As we speak, a woman, a giant, and an underdweller come to your resting place. Do not worry, they are servants of Goel and they will help you adapt to the new world."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Evangeline

Vangie's eyes snapped open. With a hiss, she tried to pull her hands over her face. This was when she realized she was floating? in space? in some sort of goofy frilly nightgown? When the surge of rage and adrenaline she was expecting failed her, she decided this was, in fact, her worst nightmare: tranquilized into a zombie and wearing a hospital gown while some weird dude prattled on about his "master".

She took a deep breath, and thought, "All right then, stay calm. Be prepared. And if anybody shows up wearing a hockey mask, then you can panic."

Eva knew she was on some powerful medication, because despite her best efforts she couldn't seem to wake up. She wasn't quite sure why she thought she was floating, but she remembered that some of the psychoactives had some ... interesting ... side effects. Pinching herself didn't seem to be working, and she couldn't tell whether the others were truly there or if she was having some sort of solipsistic hallucination. She decided to sit tight and listen; right now she couldn't begin to think of a question to ask that wouldn't give away more than she would learn.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro also sits there, floating, accepting, wondering.