New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Momento Mori IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Momento Mori IC

Alright, well here's the IC thread. I don't have the time to post a bunch of junk, as my break is nearing its end. If you guys want to post your entrance into the city and what you do for the first day (classes begin tomorrow). Your parents have set you up with a couple grand in chump change and a high-class hotel (You're all staying in the same hotel, incidentally enough. In fact, your rooms are all next to each others.)

Use this to establish some relationships with each other, perhaps some personality. I like letting my players set the story in motion instead of me. It's your game, have some fun.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Momento Mori IC

Alessandro

Alessandro looks around his room in the hotel. Well, here he is. A room all of his own. No Tony jumping out at any moment to make life hell for him ... and you know, it's kinda lonely too. Sure, there are 150 channels on the satellite TV ... but life is about more than that .. isn't it?

He wonders what his fellow students are going to be like ... if he's going to meet anyone who treats him like a human being. He sighs, and makes a motion as if to push his glasses up on his nose ... and then he stops and remembers: he just had that laser eye surgery. Best clinic in Moscow - the original one where they invented the procedure and all that. No more glasses. Maybe it will make him look like less of a dweeb.

He wanders aimlessly around for a moment. How can he meet anyone here? There's no ice machine or vending machine on the floor - everything he wants is here in the room - no excuse there. He's not old enough for the bar, that's for sure. After a moment of indecision he wanders downstairs to the lobby. Maybe he can hang out there and read a paper or something ... meet someone ... maybe even a girl ... nahh. No girl would ever look at a short little pimply-faced dweeb like him. Anyway. Gotta do something.

He heads out into the hall, walking along towards the elevator in that eerie silence which always seems to exist in hotels where the doors are thick, the carpets plush and the lighting low.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathanial

Unpacking his things into the dresser, he closed his suite case and placed in the spot reserved for it in the closet, next to his shirts ties, pants for everyday wear and the 10 identical uniforms that he would wear once at the school.

He looked around the room, seeing the neat bed, the dresser, and the bathroom with his toiletries neatly placed next to the sink.

Everything was in its place.

He was worried about the next morning, but today he was in a good place.
    Nothing he could go about that now in any case.

Anyway, worrying never helped anything. What did it say? Something like: who by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Something like that.

Walking into the unnecessary sitting room, Nathan walks to the mirror and checks out how he looks.

Much the same as always. His unremarkable brown hair was looking like it normally did, the hair in back a little higher then shoulder length, the hair on the sides of his head and on top short looking like a rip off from MacGyver, his brown eyes looking through thin framed glasses that he really did not need.

His shirt was a nice forest green today: one of his brightest shirts, and his pants were kaki. His tie was brown and tans and greens all in complementary shades to those of his pants and shirt. It bared a scene of antelope running in a field of grass with a forest in the back ground.

He nodded to himself and glanced at his watch. He had plenty of time on his hands. He may as well go out and see what or who he could talk to.

He opened his wallet to verify he had the key card to his room, and replaced it in his back pocket, creating a second bulge in his pants, his other pocket filled with a small book he tried never to leave behind.

Confident he had anything that he may need; he confidently walked out of his room, heading for the lobby. Even if he did not find anyone there, at least he could watch the people.
    Last edited by Mithreander; 2008-02-08 at 10:42 AM.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Evangeline Suivi

A slender young woman with deeply tanned olive skin stood at the concierge desk, every inch radiating exhaustion and irritation. Dressed in a weather-worn heavy rain jacket over stained t-shirt, grubby khakis and worn shoes, she leaned against the counter. Thick black hair peeked out from a battered ball cap. A large grey duffle lay at her feet. The stench of sweat, dead fish, and mildew perfumed the air around her.

"Look again," she growled.

"Miss, we have no registrations for the name Evangeline Jones," sniffed the hotel clerk, glancing up and down at her and sneering. "I'm afraid we have nothing at all for someone of your... station. Unless you can pay cash, of course. In advance." The hotel lights gleamed from the artificial highlights as the clerk tossed her carefully coiffed hair in disdain.

Muscles bunched as the other woman gripped the edge of the desk, obviously trying to control her temper. She spoke calmly, but with a definite edge, "Look, 'Cindi I'm here to help you', my uncle Vittorio told me I had a room here. My uncle Vittorio never lies. Check again. While you're at it, look for Evangeline Walker or E. C. Smith." At the clerk's raised eyebrow, Eva sneered, "Don't tell me I'm the only one to use a fake name in one of your hotels. Just look for the freaking registration and do your damn job. And if you tell me one more time to leave I’ll kick your ass."

The clerk sniffed, and declared, “This is a quality establishment. I don't have to take language like that. I'll get the manager. Maybe HE can help you out the door."

Evangeline turned away from the desk and surveyed the room for a moment. Her eyes were intelligent and wary as she searched for a familiar face. She shrugged off her jacket to reveal well muscled arms and hands heavy with calluses. Although a fairly attractive girl, her nose had obviously been broken and poorly set some time ago, and a series of faint scars ran down her neck to disappear under the fabric of her t-shirt. A geometric tattoo ringed her right bicep, and the top of another, one of some feathered creature, could be seen at her collarbone.

Eva pulled a phone from her pocket and pounded the keys in frustration. "Daddy. They say I don't have a room. I don't give a sh--, uh, sorry, Sir. I don’t care, but Uncle Vic said I had a room paid for and don't like letting 'em get away with --." She paused. "Yes, sir. Yes. No, Dad." With a sudden flare of anger, "The chica lost us the race, Dad. We had a trophy in sight and the moron let go of the damn line! I coulda drowned her myself, that--." The flood of cursing stopped abruptly. "Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

The manager, accompanied by two security guards and Cindi the hotel clerk, approached her. “The manager just showed up with two goons. I think they want to throw me out. No, Dad! I didn't! Well, maybe a little, but she deserved it! And I didn't actually DO anything, I swear! Gotta go, Daddy. Love-you-lots-call-you-later-hugs-and-kisses.-mwah."

Evangeline closed the phone with a snap and then interrupted the manager’s polite eviction speech. “Dad says to tell you my real name and to add that he would be personally grateful if you could find me a room. I’m here for some doofus school named Bridgeport or Crestwood or some other stupid thing.

“Bridgecrest School?” the manager asked, a smile on his face. “That would explain it. The school put all the registrations on a special list. You’re all on 10 east. May I have your name and some identification?”

My name’s Evangeline Suivi,” Eva added in a soft voice.

The manager’s smile faltered for a moment, and then he asked pleasantly, “Suivi? Does your family have anything to do with the, ah, hospitality business?”

Eva muttered, “You could say that. Dad said to say if you were ever in Vegas to look him up…” She looked coldly at the clerk. “You too, Cindi. I’m sure Uncle Frank could find you a job. Now, if you’ll just give me my key, I need a hot shower and some clean clothes. Have my luggage sent to my room; it should have already arrived. Do I have any mail?” With a sardonic look, she added. “Check under ALL my names.” She took the key from the manager, ignoring his apologies, grabbed her duffle and headed for the elevators.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathanial

Nathanial whistled a little tune as the elevator made it down the 10 floors to the ground.

When the doors opened, he saw a very dirty and smelly girl... about his age, he supposed.

She seemed impatient and the look she gave him was not exactly pleasant either.

Smiling to her, he noted that it was indeed the first floor before making his way out, giving her plenty of room with a kind smile and a "Good evening!"

She looked at him again as she made her way past, but even though her gaze held an intelligent look, it was obvious she was looking through him rather then at him: a girl with a lot on her mind.

"The world challenges us all, but it never gives us more then we can handle. If it seems tough, then it's only because you are strong enough to deal with it!" he says a little loudly as the door closed to the elevator with the girl on the other side of it.

*sigh* I hope that was encouraging, and not as cryptic as it sounded to me. God, I am trying.

He looked at the to hers there staring at the elevator door and recognized the staff of the hotel and wondered if they were the source of the girls disgruntlement. If so, it appeared to have been mutual.

Such is life in this world. he thought as he started to make his way through the small collection of people with smiles and apologize for needed to get through.

Finally making it to the lobby, Nathan sat down with another sigh

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

"Jacob it's quite alright you don't have to carry it all....." The princess words of concern falling on deaf ears as always. The agents her parents had sent with her on the trip marched into the room, carrying along the armies worth of luggage; half of which Celeste didn't even pack herself, all pre-prepared for her. They carried it up themselves; granted the hotel had staff for that, but their had been cases before of the princesses luggage being rummaged through before then, and they weren't going to risk it. She had originally insisted most of it be left in the car, after all they'd just have to drag it all out again once her dorm room was prepared at the school, but it was always insisted by others that the princess MUST have everything she needed within arms reach.

Celeste's attire could be compared to that of a librarians right now. A white dress shirt with a black bow (I swear what I'm thinking about has a more specific name then that...), a buttoned up brown jacket, and matching skirt that looked like they could very well be part of her school uniform. Long white socks, and dainty black shoes on her feet. A large light brown purse at her side, the one piece of luggage the agents had let her carry. Her blonde hair waved behind her as always, kept in place only by a black hair-band as she watched her two protectors go about their work.

Jacob, a tall man, with the darkest of brown hair dropped the bags finally. He was wearing what he saw as 'steriotypical' American attire:A brown leather jacket, A white T-Shirt, and Jeans. With the weight off his shoulders he went about checking the room out for hidden bugs or cameras, while his partner Rose standing guard at the door.

"Princess...." He said not turning to look at her as he continued to search "there's no need to worry about us. You're as kind as always, but you know why we have to go through with this every-time...."

The princess stayed quiet for a bit, she hated seeing people deal with so much work over her"But.. we're not 'in' Brittan anymore, surely there is less reason to be so cautious, the papers here care far less about me... don't they?" she said... watching Jacob move about, barely believing her own words.

Rose was quick to turn that suggestion down "With everything that's happened we can't afford to take any chances. Do you remember what happened last time?" Jacob heading to check the shower the minute he heard Rose's words. The mature women muttered "Bloody perverts... " under her breath as Celeste blushed at the mention of it, and immediately sat down at the small table in the center of the room.

After a few minutes of watching them put so much effort into it all she let out a sigh, looking to Jacob first ".... If.. it would be alright, I would like to go out into the lobby, and read a bit...You have no need for me to be here..." She smiled just a bit "I... almost feel as if I'm getting in the way being here" Jacob glanced to Rose who replied with a shrug "I'll keep an eye on her while you finish up here. Go ahead and watch a bit of the telly once all affairs are in order" Which Jacob quickly counterd with "... American TV? You MUST be joking...."

Not to long after that Celeste, and Rose were out in the hall. The Red headed women keeping an eye out, trying to look like a relative or friend simply in Celeste's company, though it wasn't hard to note the two didn't look at ALL related. Heading towards the elevators the first person they were to encounter was Alessandro, to which whom Celeste nodded to, giving her bright smile as always greeting him with a pleasant "Good Evening" as the elevator made its way up to their floor.
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-22 at 12:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default In the elevator

Evangeline leaned against the walls of the elevators as the doors closed. The boy's words finally registered. Yeah, he got that right. Stand up straight, girl. No time for whining. Eva pulled her jacket on and hauled her duffle bag up to her shoulder, wincing at the complaints of sore muscles and windburned skin.

Here we go again. Another fun year ahead. You'd think somebody could bother to see me off. She suddenly felt hot tears starting. NO! No tears. Crying is for babies. Vigorously wiping her eyes, she sniffed hard and tried to settle her face.

As the elevator slowed for the tenth floor she readied herself. When the doors opened she stepped out, stopping suddenly as she saw the crowd waiting for the elevator.

"Uh, excuse me," Eva said, a few inches from Rose, who had stepped in front of Celeste when Evangeline barged out of the elevator. Eva rubbed her face, trying to look fierce. "Can I get by? I need a shower."
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-01-21 at 10:35 PM. Reason: bad grammar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Miles

He unpacks his bags and puts on some casual clothing (a pair of jeans and a simple black t-shirt). It has only been five minutes in the room and he is already bored. He walks over to the window, looks out, and sees the bustling city below. The scene is only entertaining for a few minutes so he goes back and sits on the bed.

This is just as boring as Seattle was and the hotel gym HAD to be in the middle of remodeling this week... He sighs out loud Maybe there is a movie theater or something around here.

He gets up and grabs his wallet ,with key card inside, and leaves the room. Walking down the hall he sees some people around the elevator. Wonder what they are doing. He walks closer and the people are still blocking the entrance to the elevator. He sees a small sign over a door that reads "Stairs". Don't want to intrude...so I'll just take the stairs. Plus i need a little bit of exercise.

He enters the door and begins to run down the stairs. As he gets towards the lower floors he begins to breathe heavily. The second floor passes by, then the first, but he doesn't stop there and continues lower. The stairs stop at the basement and Miles goes through the door.

Umm...this isn't the lobby... He looks around and notices the drab grey of the walls. Guess i went to the basement... He turns around and tries to open the door but the door won't open. Just my luck.....wait... He looks around to see if anyone is there. Then checks again just to make sure. He steps back ten feet then starts sprinting at the door. At the perfect moment he jumps and kicks the handle of the door breaking it off. The door flies back and slams against the wall with a loud crack.

He hears someone yell out behind him "What was that?!" He doesn't even take the time to look and runs up the stairs. He shoves open the door on the first floor and rushes into lobby panting loudly with sweat dripping down his forehead. Everyone in the lobby turns and looks at him. He starts to blush.
    Last edited by cranie; 2008-01-22 at 05:42 PM. Reason: minor errors

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

After settling into his room, which consisted of tossing his duffel bag on the couch, Vincent changed into some more comfortable clothes and decided to go downstairs to see if he could spot some of his future classmates. Wearing track pants and a long sleeved Under Armour workout shirt that accentuated his muscular build, and carrying a worn football tucked into his forearm as if it were a part of his body, Vincent grabs his room key card and starts to leave the room. As he's walking out, he overhears part of a conversation from the elevator. He hears a girl saying that she needs a shower, and decides to introduce himself. When he saw the dark haired athletic looking girl, he was a bit taken aback, not because of her muscular physique or messy appearance, but because despite her attempt to look intimidating, she seemed to have been crying recently. "Hi. Since you're on this floor I guess you must be coming to Bridgecrest as well. Have you been a student there before? Or are you dreading this as much as I am? I overheard you saying that you needed a shower, and I don't want to stop you from getting one, but if you want to chat or anything I'll be going down to the lobby to see if there's any other future classmates there." He smiles in a friendly manner to try to convey his sincerity. Then he politely excuses himself and waits for the elevator.
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-01-22 at 10:59 PM.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

10. - Top - End - #10

Griffon

(Best to post now I guess. KuH next post will have to respond to a few things that have happened thus far but not too much.)

In a fancy hotel like this there's a sort of.. standard of people you expect. Dirty looking women who may very of had just crawled off the street wasn't one of them. Sadly making a similar assumption as the clerk downstairs (all be it with completely different concerns such as 'why' such a women would be here....) Rose stepped in front of Celeste and ended up in a short staring contest with the girl, though it was stopped by Celeste before she could say anything. "... Oh Rose the poor girl looks exhausted, lets not make a fuss of this, and let her on by?"

Rose stepped aside finally, guiding Celeste away a bit so the stranger didn't have a direct path to her, not that it mattered much as Eve passed by, Celeste giving a quick apology "You must forgive us it's our first time, in Newyork so we're a tad on the nervous side...."

They both headed into the elevator, Rose letting out a deep breath as Eve went by, glancing at the princess wishing she was more cautious at times. Newyork was by no means a 'safe' city in her mind. That could of been easily some poor women who snuck into the building to pilfer things from the rich. To say the least Roses faith in the hotels staff wasn't all that high, but with things that had happened at other places the princess had stayed this wasn't surprising.

At the same time Celeste thought the oposite, that poor girl was clearly tired, Rose's short stand off likely just made her bad day worst. Celeste couldn't help but wonder if she could of done something more for the poor girl, but that would of likely made Roses job all the harder. Besides she was just a stranger, the best thing she could of done was what she just did:Let the girl pass by.

While Rose wanted nothing more to get the elevator moving, Celeste kept the door open, looking to the boy (Alessandro) "Are you going down as well?"
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-22 at 05:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro blushes when Celeste first addresses him. She's talking to you, dummy. Say something. Say anything. Make it good. Now it's too late. You have to make it really good. Maybe if you don't say anything at all she'll think you didn't notice. Damn. You blew it!! IDIOTA!!!

He moves on past the elevator, trying to pretend that maybe he was just walking down the hall. However, when Celeste stops the elevator door, he hesitates, and looks up at her, taking in her hair for a moment. He stutters, flustered for a second, and then speaks. "Um, ah, y-yes. Come down? I mean go down? Um, ah, yes." That was great, now she'll think you're a real idiot. And who's the older woman?

"So, ah, hi. I'm Alessandro. A student here. Bridgeport. Are you going to be there too?" Please say yes, please say yes, it would be so amazing to have such a cool girl in my class. And my god, look at her hair. Maybe Bridgeport is going to amazing after all. Ooops. Did I say BridgePORT? It's BridgeCREST. I'm such a DUMMY!!!

Up close, you can see that he seems like a desperately shy, but reasonably nice guy with a serious pimple problem. His clothes are surprisingly good - a fine white crisp linen shirt, with not a crease, and styling that looks like it came from the continent, and crocodile skin loafers that wouldn't look out of place in Monte Carlo. It's ridiculous - the clothes just don't fit the image you have of him ... and they look like they belong on a thirty-year old, not a thirteen-year old, which is what he looks like, especially being so short with that funny squeaky voice.
    Last edited by KuH; 2008-01-22 at 11:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Soap, then soup...

Quote Originally Posted by Bribri View Post
    Rose stepped in front of Celeste ... "You must forgive us it's our first time in New York so we're a tad on the nervous side...."
    Eve glanced from the older woman to the younger, a slight smile on her face. "She thinks this is bad. She should try The City. Rochester is nothing." Evangeline stared quizzically at Celeste for a second. "I know her from somewhere -- but where?" Shrugging slightly, she moved past the princess with a brusque nod. "No prob. Scusi." As she walked down the hall, she scanned the numbers looking for her room.

Eve noticed the young sportsman coming her way and hesitated. Her experiences with star athletes had been varied; some were devoted friends while others were despised enemies. "Not bad looking. Not too preppy. Maybe he's human," she thought.

Up close, a knowledgeable person could recognize that her clothes, while filthy and well worn, were top of the line LL Bean sports gear. Although she stank of sweat, the usual stench of the homeless was absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thymin View Post
    Vincent:
    ..."Hi. Since you're on this floor I guess you must be coming to Bridgecrest as well. ... Then he politely excuses himself and waits for the elevator.
    "Yeah, I'm checking into Bridgecrest. Another new school to get used to..." Suddenly Eva smiled, white teeth gleaming, "But at least this one is on the water! Maybe it won't be so bad..." As Vincent headed for the elevator Evangeline waved good-bye. "Okay, see ya 'round. Maybe I'll see you in the dining room."

Eva unlocked her room and looked around, pleased to see the hotel staff had delivered her luggage. She carefully bolted the door, pulled out one of her "nice dresses" and the ancillary equipment, and then headed for the shower.

(OOC: Eve will spend about an hour in her room before emerging in a designer dress with heels, jewelry, and understated make-up. To use the vernacular, "she cleans up nice.")

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

"Sir, is there anyway you could possibly hurry this up, we are going to be late." Ethan's mother asked the cab driver for the umpteenth time.

"Look lady, there isn't a damned thing I can do about the traffic around here, much less when idiots pull some stunt like this. The cab driver, having answered this question several times, said in a very irritated manner.

"Ma, I'll just hoof it, the place can't be to far from here."

"Out of the question Ethan, I will not stand for such things."

"Whatever." Ethan said as he looked out the window. He could see the building from here, heck with how much time they have been stuck in traffic he probably could have walked the entire distance from the airport with all his luggage in a lot less time.

Man this sucks, stupid cities.

In the back of his mind Ethan could hear his mother start gabbin' again, annoying the cab driver even more. This is ridiculous! And with that Ethan opened the door to the cab and stepped out.

"Ethan Dartanian Wilding! Get back in the car!" His mother yelled at him.

"You said it yourself mom, we're going to be late. I'm already dressed up and the building can't be more than a five minute walk from here. I'm sure that you won't have any problems getting my luggage in my room when you get there. If you get there. I'll be fine. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself for a few blocks."

"He's right you know, mam. It might possibly be hours before we can get moving again, not to mention the hotel is a lot closer on foot thanks to the grid." The cab driver chipped in.

Ethan's mom took a few breaths before speaking. "You are right, just be careful and I'll get your things to you as soon as I am able."

"By mom." With that Ethan grabbed his dress coat out of the car and closed the door.

Walking down the street Ethan was pretty much left alone. Apparently a lot of people find him somewhat intimidating to look at, which is to be understood. Ethan isn't exactly a small kid by any means and when he is out in public he almost always wears a full length red leather trench coat, that somehow makes him look even bigger. Besides not to many people are going to mess with a man dressed the way Ethan was. He wasn't just stuck in a generic dress suit, his mother took the liberty to take Ethan to Bermini Customs and have him fitted. A dark red velvet shirt accompanied by a black tie and well cut pair of black slacks, not to mention the dress coat that Ethan carried over his arm. The ridiculously expensive and totally useless dress coat, so Ethan had said when he was fitted for the thing.

As he entered the lobby area of the hotel Ethan thought to himself, Well, heres to two more miserable years of pointless babble. Reaching the front desk Ethan noticed a kid, probably a couple years younger than he sitting in the lobby, as well as another similarly aged kid that looked like he had just run a marathon.

"Can I help you sir?" The lady at the front desk asked.

"Wilding, I guess I'm supposed to be on the Bridgecrest list."

Cindi, the lady at the desk, looked Ethan over before checking the computer for his name. "Wilding, Ethan yes? Here's your key card. Tenth floor, east hall. Enjoy your stay."

"Yah, thanks." Ethan absentmindedly said as he took the card and walked away. Once his back was turned Ethan could have sworn that he heard Cindi say "Bridgecrest is attracting some interesting people nowadays," or something along those lines.

Not really wanting to head upstairs only to head back down in a few minutes Ethan took a seat across from the kid and gave a polite nod. Ethan then sat back, content to relax for a bit before the 'festivities' began.
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-01-23 at 01:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by KuH View Post
    Alessandro
    "Um, ah, y-yes. Come down? I mean go down? Um, ah, yes." That was great, now she'll think you're a real idiot. And who's the older woman?

"So, ah, hi. I'm Alessandro. A student here. Bridgeport. Are you going to be there too?" Please say yes, please say yes, it would be so amazing to have such a cool girl in my class. And my god, look at her hair. Maybe Bridgeport is going to amazing after all. Ooops. Did I say BridgePORT? It's BridgeCREST. I'm such a DUMMY!!!.
    Celeste just gave a polite smile, stepping back as Alessandro walked into the elevator, and Rose got the elevator moving, keeping a glaring eye on the short kid. Celeste... not being utterly blind could tell the boy was nervous, Rose was scarring him maybe...? She had a habit of doing that at times but she only had good intentions, Celeste knew that. Or... maybe he knew who she was. Far more likely Celeste thought, she may of not been that big of a deal in the states, but she was still know.

As he mentioned school Celeste brightened up a bit up a bit her voice having a tint of excitement to it "..Oh really? This is highly unexpected, I'll be going to that school as well! Is this your first year? I've been ever so curious as to......" she paused, suddenly realizing her 'mistake' blushing a bit ".. oh wait.. you said BridgePORT didn't you? Oh I'm dreadfully sorry, I'm actually going to BridgeCrest" she laughed shaking her head before looking back at him with a smile "I feel quite silly now, I guess the trip here has left me with a bit of a light head." Another pause and she nods to him "It's nice to meet you Alessandro, my name is....."

Quick Glancing incentive from Rose....

"..... Adelaide" Rose almost face palming when the girl simply uses her middle name. Great cover princess.

Rose puts her hands on her hips, her mean eye looking at the boy "I'm Rose. her aunt, her folks sent me along on the trip to keep an eye on her."

And with that, the Ding of the elevator was heard, and the doors swooshed open to the lobby floor.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

"Um, that's what I said ... uh, meant. BridgeCREST. I'm going there too. That'll be so great, having someone so nice as you in my class. Um, if you are in my class.

Her name is ADELAIDE? That's so dumb! I bet her friends call her Addy. Sounds like a poisonous snake. She can't be poisonous though, she seems so nice.

Oh, and pleased to meet you Tia ... I mean Auntie Rose."
    Alessandro holds out his hand to Rose as if to shake it.

Spoiler
    Show
    If she takes his hand, he will bow and kiss it. Well brought up after all.
    Last edited by KuH; 2008-01-23 at 12:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

She seemed nice enough. She seems pretty athletic too. "Oh, yeah, maybe I'll see you downstairs later."

When the elevator came Vincent got on and went down to the lobby. When he got off he spotted a couple of people that appeared to be his age sitting in the lobby. He headed over there to see if he could start a conversation, walking right past the princess and her handler without even noticing them. As he passed people in the lobby, he unconsiously switched the ball to the hand furthest from the people. The ball had become such a part of him that he performed these routine actions without thought, but that was the reason for the drill. When he got a little closer he noticed that there seemed to bit a bit of an age difference between the two guys. Maybe they're brothers? Then he noticed how big the older one was. I bet this guy could play some ball. "Hey, you guys here for Bridgecrest? Forgive me for my assumption, but you fit the bill. In either case, my name is Vincent." He smiles and extends his hand to each of the young men. "You mind, if I sit?"
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathanial

Nathan watches in interest as one boy about his age comes out of the stairwell looking just a little winded, and another comes through the door in a red leather overcoat (London Fog style, I'm guessing) with a nicely fit shirt, tie and slacks.

Two more teenagers come out of the just opening elevator with an older lady who seems to hover over the girl/woman in the group. Another elevator opens to submit yet another teen in well made cloths, and Nathan nodded.

If there were so many well dressed teens in this hotel, at the same time, either there was another reason for their presence, or they were there for the same reason that he was. It would make sense that the school administrators would have a central location for new students to meet before heading to the school (at least in a school like Bridgecrest).

He looks back to the boy in the overcoat and blinks as he heads over and sits in front of him with a nod.

"Hello!" he says, noting for the first time just how intimidating the boy looked. He had acknowledge Nathan though, so may not be an intentional look, rather just a side affect of his clothing and size. "My name is Nathan. I'm here to meet a representative of Bridgecrest School to attend my first year there."

Nathan extended a hand to the stronger looking boy across from him in a way of greeting.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

Nathan, smiles at the new comer form the other elevator and switches from offering his had to the strong looking teen to the one who had just introduced himself.

"Vincent? Nice to meet you! Nathan here. Yes, I am going to Bridgecrest, though I have not got that admission from our fellow here." he says motioning with a smile and a nod to the boy in the overcoat.

"Please, do have a seat!" he says, motioning to the plush, overstuffed, leather seat next to him.

I wonder if he was named after M. R. Vincent? Probably not, very long shot indeed. Even if he was, that is not the sort of thing he would necessarily know or care to know. he thinks to himself, his mind racing as always.

He notes the football the guy is carrying and nods to it, "You look like a ball player. You planning on going out for the team?" Nathan asks. He himself had no such aspirations. Not that he was not agile enough, or strong enough, he just had no desire for that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Mithreander; 2008-02-08 at 10:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Griffon

"...oh.. now I feel even more silly" The girl laughs to herself lightly again "... Well then Alessandro, I hope we have some of the same classes as well. What courses might you be taking this year?" She starts to walk out of the elevator as she talks, she can't hardly keep the thing occupied after all.

Rose, at first, doesn't even realize the boy is reaching his hand towards her. Though she does eventually accept his hand rolling her eyes as he kisses it "Well at least you know your manners..."

The boy was clearly a shy one, at least thus far it seemed. So the kiss of Rose's hand surprised Celeste a bit. Manners, and dress Celeste believed she may have to thank his parents for. He certainly wasn't the first nervous boy she had spoken to before though, the trick to them she found was to find their topic of interest, which any person is more then happy to speak about. For now though... it seemed best to stick to the topic they both had in common:the school.

Our good princess, and her guide, start walking towards the lobby likely with Alessandro following unless he decides to go elsewhere (in which case I'll edit my post to fit). "... oh, and to return to my previous question: is this your first year? I've been wondering what the school is actually like, those pamphlets can be so misleading at times... though I am sure it is a very nice school either way"

Celeste chooses an empty rounded table, taking a seat, neatly laying her purse on top of, Rose making it a point to sit right beside her. For the record they're about a raised voice away from the three boys chatting right now;Ethan, Vincent, and Nathan. Near enough to be seen, but not understood unless someone speaks with some volume

Rose, just in case you're all wondering, is a women who looks to be in her mid or late 40's, though by no means looks fragile; more like an athlete who's reaching their later years. Her hair is Red, though a keen eye can tell she's been dying it to keep it that color. Her outfit is similar to Jacobs:Jeans, a Red t-shirt in her case, and an aviators jacket (think leather jacket with fluff at the top).

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro looks up at Celeste after kissing Rose's hand, and suddenly blushes. I didn't kiss Addy's hand - and Dio mio, how can I offer to do that now?. He stands stock still in the elevator for a minute and then rushes after them. He starts to say something to Rose, and then cuts off as Celeste speaks.

"This is my first year here at Bridgecrest" got it right that time "I'm from Canada. My dad's in business up there, and wants me to go to Harvard ... even if I'd rather do engineering at MIT. So I'm studying, well, math of course, and science and history. We're still fighting over economics which I think is stupid to study now - but I don't want to give up chemistry for economics. They'll just teach it to me all over again when I get to Harvard. And I think everyone has to take English here ..."

"English. Your accent is funny. Let me guess, are you English? Or maybe from New Zealand or somewhere?"
    . He pauses for a minute and then stutters out in a horrible imitation accent of some sort of hodgepodge of American regional accents overlaid on broad Canadian. "You sure ain't from around here, honey." You think he's trying to make a joke. And he seems so embarrassed over his futile attempt it is almost painful to look at him.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

Vincent takes Nathan's hand and shakes it before he sits in the chair next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithreander View Post
    He notes the football the guy is carrying and nods to it, "You look like a ball player. You planning on going out for the team?" Nathan asks.
    When he hears Nathans comment, he absently looked down at his off hand, as if he had forgotten that he was holding a football. Then after realizing what he was talking about he responded to Nathan, "Oh, yeah. I'm a running back, and the game just sort of 'clicks' for me you know? Do you play any sports? You look like you could be a baseball player. Coaches always wanted me to play in the off season to stay in shape, but it's just not my sport. Anyway... I'm looking forward to the new school, but I'm not really sure what to expect." He looks around casually, to see if there are any other prospective students and sees a beautiful girl and a pimply boy sitting at a table along with an older woman. They could be students, they're the right age, I guess. I wonder if that's his mom. Vincent smiled over in their direction, and then continued to converse with Nathan and the larger, and upon a closer look, noticeably older guy. "So what about you big guy? You going to Bridgecrest too?"

Current Characters:

22. - Top - End - #22

Griffon

Alessandro
    "English. Your accent is funny. Let me guess, are you English? Or maybe from New Zealand or somewhere?"[/color]. He pauses for a minute and then stutters out in a horrible imitation accent of some sort of hodgepodge of American regional accents overlaid on broad Canadian. "You sure ain't from around here, honey." You think he's trying to make a joke. And he seems so embarrassed over his futile attempt it is almost painful to look at him.
    Celeste listened to the boy with a smile, staying quiet, not trying to interrupt him as he described the classes, and parental of issues of note (something she could related to...). Rose at this point was mostly just siting back in her chair, keeping an eye on the surroundings. The Nerdy kids whining didn't really concern her.

"You are quite correct. My family is from London." she said with a tint of pride. "Though I've always wanted to see more of the world, I haven't had much as chances to travel as the rest of my family; this is my first time really..."

As Alessandro made his poorly thought out imitation, the first response he got was from Rose, who only heard one word which she didn't sound to happy about "Honey?"

Celeste was quick to make her response before Rose decided they should head back to the rooms. "Oh, I reck'en it's my first time all'right" The princess says, purposely trying to sound as silly, and off as Alessandro's own imitation. It left Rose sighing, and shaking her head "Kids...." Celeste just laughing lightly at their poor attempt at foolishness.

It was difficult to talk to people with Rose, and Jacob around at times, though Celeste would no longer be in their company when she started class, the school having it's own protections (or so it promised anyway).

Resting her hands on the table, her attention focused on Alessandro still the princess said in a cheerful voice "I.. must say I can related with you somewhat. My own parents do tend to dictate how my education will be dealt with. It's not to say I don't enjoy the topics they insist on, or that they don't have their reasons, but a little more freedom would be appreciated a times..." She paused for just a moment, leaning back in her chair, and looking at the people passing by idly for a few moments before bringing the topic back to the boy "So you mentioned you had an interest in engineering? I'm just curious on what aspect of the field you're interested in."
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-23 at 08:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

She laughed! I can make her laugh!! She's soooo nice. And beautiful. It's not fair - she'll probably fall for one of those jock types - like those two big guys over there. Well, I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.

"You're from London? Wow, why come to school over here? I thought people from London always went to school in Switzerland or something, not upstate New York. And that's really nice of your Auntie Rose to come all the way over here with you to make sure you get settled in."

"Why engineering? I dunno. I guess I just like figuring out how things work."

He looks awkwardly for a moment at their chaperone, and then seems to decide he should stop ignoring her. Of course his comment gives away his thoughts oh so transparently.

"When do you fly back home to England, Auntie Rose, and leave Adelaide here?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

Nathan relaxes back in his chair and smile contently.

"Sports? Oh, I like to play most sports, though only recreationally. My time is spent in other pursuits. I do think sports allows people to show the glorious abilities that humans can ascertain to when they desire, but on the whole, I would rather concentrate on what I think is more important." he says, looking at the silent large boy/man across from him and Vincent.

He also watched the beautiful girl and another kid sit at a table nearby: the same ones he had noticed in the elevator recently.

The woman next to the girl seemed very protective, which Nathan admired. In this world, you could never be too careful, especially with a looker like that girl.

God has his plans, but he leaves room in them for time and unforeseen circumstances. he thinks as he leans over and pulls out his holy book from his rear pocket and starts to flip through it, his attention completely on that. Ah, here it is. ...nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all. Better to be ready for such things. he thinks to himself as he puts the holy book back into his rear pocket.

He looks up to Victor and nods to his look. "Yup, my main pursuits are spiritual. I certainly hope that it will not matter too much in the new school."

Nathan knew it would, but he was not afraid to show his convictions and beliefs, though he would follow the holy books advice and read day and night in an unodtrusive manner.
    Last edited by Mithreander; 2008-02-08 at 10:39 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Griffon

Alessandro

She laughed! I can make her laugh!! She's soooo nice. And beautiful. It's not fair - she'll probably fall for one of those jock types - like those two big guys over there. Well, I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.

"You're from London? Wow, why come to school over here? I thought people from London always went to school in Switzerland or something, not upstate New York. And that's really nice of your Auntie Rose to come all the way over here with you to make sure you get settled in."

"Why engineering? I dunno. I guess I just like figuring out how things work."

"When do you fly back home to England, Auntie Rose, and leave Adelaide here?"
    "I Don't" Rose said, leaning back in her chair now arms crossed, glaring back at the boy. The words fell like a hammer hitting an anvil... if that Anvil was the boys head anyway. "... I'm in the city on business. It'll be months, if not longer" She explained Shattering the nerdy boys hopes and dreams, though Celeste does make an attempt to repair them

"Though, You certainly 'won't be going to class with me Aunt Rose, I would say you're a bit old for high-school now" to which Rose responded to with a laugh, and mirth that Alessandro hadn't seen yet "Hahaha, Old? I'm 29, and holding! You already know that" apparently more tolerant of Celestes bad jokes then she is of his. The young girl now playing with her hair as she thought up her reason for being 'over seas'

Spoiler
    Show

(Just trying to show Rose isn't all GRRR . She's over protective for a few reasons, one of them being:it's her JOB. Also she isn't so oblivious to what Alessandro is thinking (you seem to act as if it 'should' be obvious) unlike Celeste who generally just believes he's 'shy'.

"... It.. struck me as odd when my father first mentioned it as well..." Celeste said trailing off a bit, twisting a strand of hair around her finger "The Dean of the school is an old friend of the family, and the topic of my education came up during one of their conversations. I had always mentioned how I would like to see more of the world, so it seemed like a perfect fit in his eyes..."

(Bluff bluff bluff the Nervous nerd!)

The Girl let out a sigh, shaking her head looking a little unhappy "I really hope it doesn't lead to me getting special treatment, I would much rather Excel through my own merits, and effort." She finally left her hair alone with that, brushing it back as she looked up her smile returning. "But It should all turn out well. I have yet to even go to the school, and I'm already making friends there after all"

Spoiler
    Show

After words, Using her latent Psionic powers Celeste takes notice of the group of three boys not far from them, realizing that they are all somehow plot relevant unlike the other NPCs, and Extras that Dot the lobby. Sadly she has yet to take any levels in Psion so she has no idea how to use said talents. And so getting Grief killed for that one hahaha. Just kidding folks, I'd be doing the same if Celeste didn't have someone to chat to right now
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-01-24 at 05:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

When Nathan offered his hand in greeting, Ethan enjoying the look of the hotel lobby, didn't notice what was going on until another boy that looked like he might be a similar height and girth as himself arrived and introduced himself, diverting Nathan's hand from it original target. Not that Ethan minded at all, it wasn't that he was being impolite, he was just trying to regain his mind. Dealing with his mother on any level was taxing at best, and Ethan was always at his best when he has time to gather his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent
    "Hey, you guys here for Bridgecrest? Forgive me for my assumption, but you fit the bill. In either case, my name is Vincent." He smiles and extends his hand to each of the young men. "You mind, if I sit?"
    Unfortunately. Thought Ethan as Nathan answered Vincent.

The two started talking and Ethan closed his eyes, just taking in what he could. His keen ears where picking up small bits of the conversation happening at a nearby table. Nothing to detailed, but he was able to get that they were Bridgecrest bound as well. Ethan opened his eyes to see who is was that was talking.

Hmm, a crag face and a looker. If thats, her aunt then she must not be blood related, they look nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent
    "So what about you big guy? You going to Bridgecrest too?"
    Raising his voice a little, so that he could be heard by the trio at the table, Ethan answers. "Yep, I'm purgatory bound as well. To bad Bridgecrest won't allow for pilots to get any flying time in. The jerks." Ethan decided that he probably wasn't going to get to collect himself much more sat up a little. "And no, I've never been much for traditional sports. Could never really get the hang of some things."

It was starting to get a little warm, so Ethan stood in order to take off his jacket. Unfortunately, doing so also somehow snapped his hair tie, causing his knee-length mass of raven black hair to flow free from its binds and the now broken elastic band to shoot off towards the table dwellers that had been talking about Bridgecrest.

Well, crap... Ethan thought as his hair encompassed his face. He dug through his jacket pockets looking for a replacement.
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-01-24 at 06:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Evangeline took a last look at herself in the mirror of her room as she applied a whiff of expensive perfume. Maybe it’s too much. She spun in place, making sure that everything was perfect, from her gleaming hair to her three inch heels. No, I need to show off a little. Grinning, she stuck out her tongue at the reflection. Mama would say I’m engaged in Dominance Posturing to demonstrate my Tribal Worth. Ha! It’s just simple revenge, Mama. She adjusted the designer dress to better display the phoenix tattoo rising from her cleavage. The colorful design, a phoenix rising from a pile of rocks, almost camouflaged the ugly surgical scar on her sternum. Thick black curls cascaded down her back, and expertly applied makeup disguised the crooked bridge of her nose. A slim gold watch, some diamond earrings, and a gold crucifix completed the ensemble. Eva slipped her key card into her evening bag, checked the locks on the room safe and the windows, and with a last look around left the suite.

Elevator doors opened and the impeccably dressed young woman smiled wickedly at Cindi. Take that, sweet cheeks. Looking around the lobby, Evangeline noticed the other students grouped around a few tables. Heels tapping lightly on the parquet, she approached the others just as Ethan’s hair broke free. Eva laughed heartily and reached into her bag, pulling out a sturdy black hair band. “Here,” she said, handing it to Ethan, “This will hold in anything short of a hurricane. Trust me, I know.

With a wink, she moved on to the other table. Completely ignoring the bodyguard, she held out her hand in welcome to Celeste and said, “We haven’t been properly introduced. My name is Evangeline Suivi, and you look oddly familiar. Have you ever been to the casinos in Nice?

28. - Top - End - #28

Griffon

Celeste, as one might expect, was a bit surprised when the women suddenly greeted her. Keep in mind I say a 'bit' surprised, considering who she was this was hardly something that rare. Roses mind on the other hand simply brought up 'bah another one' changing focus to this girl, not recognizing her as the girl in the elevator... at first anyway.

Celeste of course didn't have that difficulty cheerfully greeting her "Ah Hello again! I'm afraid I can't say I have ever been to a Casino, this is my first time in the country" She accepted the hand shake of course "It is nice to meet you Evangeline, I'm Adelaide" She waves her hand towards Rose once their hands part "This is my Aunt Rose, and this is" She motions towards a certain nerd "Alessandro. The two of us are students at BridgeCrest, or...will be once classes starts"

At this point Rose had figured out who this girl was, and was strongly considering they head back to the room now. Jacob would of finished checking the place out by now. Celeste could just read up there.

The young princess kept talking though, smiling as she often did "You certainly seem in better spirits now then when I first saw you. You really looked like you had been through a lot."
    The princess wanted to be careful on that topic, best not bring up events of the day the girl didn't want to think about, but on the same coin she might very well be interested in ranting about her day. Different ways of venting after all...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

As Alessandro sees the broken hair elastic darting towards them, he reaches out his hand to catch it ...

(1d20+2)[3]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

... and although he seems to have his hand perfectly timed to catch the elastic band he didn't notice the flower arrangement on the table, which he catches in a perfect arc, sending the vase crashing over. He desperately switches his attention to attempt to catch the vase ...

(1d20+2)[6]