New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Momento Mori IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Momento Mori IC

Celeste

As one would expect Celeste ate like, well, a princess! She knew the proper placement for everything prepared, which fork to use for what, even which was best for poking peoples eyes out, eating salad. This didn't come off as forced thing, rather it was completely automatic, second nature if you will. She didn't even 'need' to think about it.

As she heard of Mr Press's field of teaching she smiled at the principle. "Well then I'm pleased to hear that, I'll be taking history this year. I do know much of the history of the united kingdom, but I know quite little of American history. It should be interesting"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro eats with equal grace, manners and facility to Princess Celeste. He even manages to keep his white linen shirt free of sauce and other bits of food - food which he eats a surprising amount of for a boy who is so small and thin (perhaps he needs to feed his pimples?).

"American history? Oh. I was hoping for a little world history, and something earlier. Medieval times for instance. I really liked things back in those days, where cities were islands of civilization and just traveling from one city to the next was an adventure. When Italy was a mass of city-states full of politics, as opposed to today when ... well, I guess the politics still exists."

In his excitement over his subject he appears to have lost his shyness, speaking with confidence and passion.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

Politics. Another interesting subject, and a testimony on the outcome of mans attempt to rule himself. Without a true leader, such as the god himself, or his son whom supported him perfectly, any government would surely fail, as all of them have. Nathan could not wait for the foretold kingdom, with the son as the king and the remenant as the people. He looked forward to that time when all of the enemies are placed at the feet of that one so that he could rule.

But those times were not now, that he knew, so he leaned forward in interest. Mainly gods advesary controled such governments, but gods hands could still be seen in their dealings.

Nathan thought of two passages from his holy book, and the Devil said to Jesus: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them (the kingdoms of the world), because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it." and Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Eve

Evangeline finished eating and carefully wiped her mouth. She leaned back in her chair and took another sip of water, while she slowly looked around at all the others at the table. Well, this will be interesting, at least. She set down her glass and looked into Mr. Press's eyes. "So, let me get this straight. You're going to be our homeroom teacher, and our history teacher? Aren't you going to be too busy dealing with the trustees, let alone the faculty and the parents?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

Well, my parents won't be a problem. Nathan thought to him self as he continued to eat and listen.

His parents didn't really care what he did as long as he did not get in their way. Oh, they loved him, and wished to provide him the best, but his father was too busy with his work, and his mother with her clubs and helping with his fathers business. Nathan came second, or perhaps third in their priorities, so since they knew he was safe and in a 'great' school they would not worry unless Nathan reached out to them. Slim chance of that happening. He wondered if the tohers had simular cercumstances, though he thought they might.

Schools with live in dormatories normally had very little parent interaction.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press nods and clears his throat, ready to answer your questions. Before he can begin, however, his cellphone rings.

Still smiling, though with a slight tinge of embarrassment, he gets out of his seat. “Excuse me.” He says as he makes his way to the corner of the room. He speaks in hushed tones but due to the room’s smaller size he is easily heard by all present.

“Press here… what? Are you absolutely sure? …Yes…I…no…no I don’t think so. We’ll just have to accelerate the project… yes… yes I have them right here… yes… I… I understand sir.”

He places the cellphone back into his pocket and turns to face the teenagers arrayed before him. He sighs, as if a great burden has just been placed upon him.

“I’m afraid you must come with me. I have a limo parked just outside. I’m sure you all have questions and I assure you, I will answer what I can, but only after we’ve made it to the vehicle. I do apologize for the inconvenience.”

OOC: I'm just gonna let everyone write a response and let me know they're still on the band wagon.
    Last edited by Paper_Bard; 2008-02-27 at 11:41 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

Nathan blinked and put down his half eaten roll.

"Excuse me sir, but should we get our things or is there no time? Will we be coming back?" he asks in a calm voice as he stands up from his chair looking ready to go.

Project? Interesting. What do you have in store for me?he thinks to himself, a little embarrassed about ease dropping on the conversation that was obviously not meant for him.

He saved that question for later since they were now, it appeared, in a rush.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

Overhearing the Principal's converstion on the cell phone and then his exhortation for them all to leave in a hurry, Vincent couldn't help but think of movies like "The Skulls". It's probably some weird rich-kid initiation ceremony that is supposed to throw us off guard. I think I can handle it. He stands up and says, "Alright, sounds important I'll be right there." He trots off to the front desk of the hotel with a slight smirk on his face. "Well, Cindi, looks like we're going to blow this popsicle stand. Could you please have my things forwarded to BridgeCrest and I'd like my ball back as well please." He flashed her a winning smile and when she gave him his ball he thanked her and went to go wait for the rest of the group at the front doors of the hotel. Maybe this will be fun after all...
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Evangeline

"Press, dude, you have 15 seconds to convince me to drop everything and come with you, or I'm going up to the room and getting into more comfortable shoes. I'm not interested in your 'project' and I can protect myself better outside your limo. No offense, but if this is your idea of a joke, I'm not laughing; I quit 'going along with things' since the last time I had to eat monkey brains." With that, Eve wiped her mouth, leaving a smear of lipstick on the hotel linen, and stood up. She looked around the room to see if any of the hotel staff were visible; if they were, she looked to see if they seemed upset about anything.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Ethan

Ethan let the other students ask their questions first, knowing that if he waited for his own he was more likely to get an answer with out having to repeat it. Sampling a bit of this and that Ethan started to get the sense that something weird was going to happen, and as he was about to mention his own question to his new principal, Press's cellphone began to ring.

His conversation with whoever was on the other side of the connection didn't strike Ethan as odd in any way, after all his parents would mention project this and project that all of the time due to their own work.

Not having to worry about his things, or 'being comfortable' Ethan grabbed his trench coat and prepares himself to follow Press to the vehicle. Monkey brains....can't be any worse than tree bark...
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro looks around, a little uncomfortable. Hmmmm. I've seen this game before. This is when da muscle shows up and things get funny for a while. Why is Mr. Press so nervous?

Well, Celeste has her own muscle here. If they give us a thumbs up, I'm sure it is OK. They are the professionals after all.

Alessandro puts down his fork, stands up, and hurries to pull out Celeste's chair for her before her bodyguard can get to it.

Where are we going to, Mr. Press, and is there any urgency?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press smiles at Nathan. "Don't worry, somebody will pick up your stuff later."

With Evengeline's comment, Mr. Press's smile becomes much more strained. "My dear, while I have great faith in your ability to protect yourself, I must inform you that you are in mortal danger and I am taking you someplace safe, probably the only safe place in all of America. If you don't come with me, I assure you... you won't live to regret it."

He turns to Allessandro "Yes... things are somewhat urgent."

13. - Top - End - #73

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    No I'm not dead really! A catch up post this is taking into account various things said. It'll be noted at the end when it's in the present.

Celeste
    While others were worried over the word 'project' initially Celeste saw it much as nothing. The word project could mean anything:The Dorms being prepared, some sort of welcoming party, or even just some fancy science project for later in the term. Her mind did not jump to strange ideas, and worries of tests from that.

What DID fill Celeste's Mind with strange ideas, and visions of Ill was WHY everything suddenly had to be so rushed. Naturally the first thing that jumped into her mind was a wall of cameras waiting outside having found out she was staying there, and jumped at the chance, the idea making the her sigh muttering "not again"

She was a bit surprised at some of the students reluctance though, the urgency was strange, but nothing to worry about right. She glanced at Eva as she spoke out in defiance of the word 'project' "I'm.. sure it isn't something so horrible" She smiled softly "It's likely some sort of surprise that had in store for us new students at the school... and things haven't gone quite as planned.. I can understand the stress from something like...." Celeste slowly went quite after that, her body guards strangely quiet themselves as Mr Press spoke, glancing to each other and nodding quickly double checking their firearms which became pretty apparent to most in the room now.

Present

Celeste blinked saying the mans words to herself aloud ".. Mortal.. Danger?" her mind going on a few trips around paranoia lane. Much of them involving: Princess+Terriost+Hostage+Bomb. Whatever it was going on it was all her fault was her greatest worry that much caused her to look down, and away as Jacob, and Rose stood behind her Jacob now very serious, and composed spoke to the group "If Mr Press says it's Urgent: it is. We'll be going with him Princess. Sorry for interrupting the dinner" to which Celeste looked up to him and Nodded, Rose looking to the other students Particularly Eva of course "Please try to act like Adults here alright?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro blanches at Mr. Press's words, and talks as he hurries along to the limo. "The only safe place in all of America? That must be an exaggeration! What is the danger and can we warn our families?? Or are only we in danger ... in which case ... why us, from what?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

Waiting towards the front of the hotel, Vincent notices some of the group finally heading his way and he overhears part of Alessandro's comment as Vincent walks towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by KuH View Post
    "The only safe place in all of America? That must be an exaggeration! What is the danger and can we warn our families?? Or are only we in danger ... in which case ... why us, from what?"[/color]
    Vincent is in a playful mood and decides to go along with it.

"Whoa. Did you say we're in danger?!? We'd better do what Mr. Press says then, he's got to know what's going on and how to save us..."

Vincent does his best to keep a straight face because he truly thinks the whole thing is just some kind of initiation ruse. They used to do the same kinds of things to new kids who joined the football team.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Bluff" - (1d20)[14]

Then Vincent says, "Where is everyone else? Listen, you go on to the limo and I'll go make sure everyone else is coming. Just don't let the driver leave without ALL of us, okay. I'm counting on you."

He then rushes off back towards the restaurant to see if he hurry along the rest of the group. He feels a little bad about trying to fool the kid, but he knows its all in good fun and that one day he'll be able to look back at it and laugh.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Evangeline

Vangie glared at Press for a few seconds, then continued in a colorless voice. "Either you are telling the truth, in which case we have no time for arguing, or you are playing some bizarre elaborate game, in which case there will be revenge. If not by me, by my famiglia. Is there time to collect my duffle? I expect it to take 90 seconds or less."

If yes: kick off shoes, and run to room. Grab backpack, grab boots, grab toothbrush. Run back down.

If no: open purse, take out cell phone, call father's bodyguards and repeat, exactly, what Press has said.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

There will be revenge ... by her 'famiglia'? Even in his current rush, Alessandro looks at Eva a whole new way ... though perhaps none of you notice.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

Nathan had never been in mortal danger before, other then walking across a busy street, and the feeling was not much different.

If this was out of his hands, then he would trust the road presented to him.

He placed himself directly behind the principal, ready to be lead to where ever he would lead.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The principal looks to Evangeline. If you ABSOLUTELY NEED it, I suppose you can go get your purse..."" He rolls his eyes slightly.

Alriught everyone, please follow me to the vehicle."

He leads you all through the doors and out into the front of the hotel. Just like he promised, a long, black limo awaits you. He waits for everyone to catch up, then ushers you all into the limo. Celeste's bodyguards hang back.

"See ya princess!" They both say, their eyes getting a little misty. "You're in his care now."

Mr. Press nodds to the bodyguards, who make their way back into the hotel.

The interior of the limo is luxurious, to say the least. To some of you, it's no different than any other limo you've been in, to others, it's amazing.

You all pile in, with three of you sitting in the back and two at each of the sides. Mr Press sits on the other side, alone.

As the Limo gets rolling, he smiles. "So now, you can ask your questions..."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Evangeline

Still feeling paranoid and more than a little ticked off at the high-handedness of the "principal" (whose credentials she had never checked, she reminded herself with irritation), Eva grabbed her stilletto heels and raced to the elevators, one of which was just closing as she got to it.

Key card in hand, she sprinted to her room door and slammed it open, then dashed in and zigged to the left in case this was some elaborate ambush. Finding the room empty, Eve dropped her shoes on the bed and ripped open the closet door. Mortal danger, huh? Well if I'm going to die today it's not going to be in Dolce & Gabbana.

Making a quick check that her hiking gear (and more importantly, warm comfortable clothes) were still in her backpack, she grabbed her favorite pair of boots and stuffed them into the pack. On top she tossed her kit bag from the bathroom and her dress shoes. She grabbed her warmest coat and slung her backpack over her shoulder. She took ten seconds to carefully stow a photo, a worn book, and a set of prayer beads from the bedside table into her purse. For you, Nani. Thinking of her family reminded her, and she sent a quick text to her parents and siblings. "Bridgecrest boss sez trbl, limo ride to save fr _mortal danger_ WTF? Lvng hotel now. ETA unk. Call me."

Slinging her backpack, Eva dashed to the elevator. Couldn't be that lucky twice, she thought, as the lights indicated the cars were floors away. Still barefoot, she scampered down the stairs to the lobby floor and joined the others.

Once in the limo, she plopped her backpack on the empty seat next to Press, reached in and pulled out her shoes, carefully replacing them.

"Questions? Yeah, I have questions. Where are we going and why the ---- should we trust you?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press smiles, lounging languidly on his seat.

"I think the first question I'll answer is why you should trust me. Yes... that seems like a bit of a problem..."

He stretches, smiling still, than suddenly his face becomes serious and he leans forward. "You should trust me because your families paid me quite a large sum to assure your safety. You should trust me because I'm saving your lives...."

He nods to the driver, and you hear the doors lock.

"You should trust me because about 25 nuclear bombs are headed our way, and I'm taking you to the only place that's not going to be bombed into the next stoneage!" He almost yells, plainly annoyed at Evangeline's reluctance.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

Vincent follows Mr. Press to the Limo but does not get in until Eve gets back, not wanting to leave her behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper_Bard View Post
    "You should trust me because about 25 nuclear bombs are headed our way, and I'm taking you to the only place that's not going to be bombed into the next stoneage!" He almost yells, plainly annoyed at Evangeline's reluctance.
    Still thinking this is all just an elaborate ruse, Vincent does his best to keep a straight face and act concerned. "WHAT!?! Nuclear Bombs?!? How do you know where they're going? How do you know we'll be safe? What about our families?" He changes his tone from incredulity to quiet thoughtfulness finally trailing off into silence and stareing out of the window.
    Last edited by Thymin; 2008-03-07 at 12:11 PM.

Current Characters:

23. - Top - End - #83

Griffon

Celeste

Celeste as one might expect comes to a dead stop as Jacob and Rose don't follow, naturally a little confused, and a good bit more worried as she noticed the look in their eyes. In the end though with the others waiting, and her Guards already leaving she took a deep breath and waved lightly "May the force be with youSee you too.."

The distraction puts her.. technically third last in the limo, seeing as vincent was holding the door, and Eva took some time coming back downstairs. As she sat she pulled her bag up into her lap, getting in an overly.. straight, sitting position for a luxury limo, half from habit (Proper poster+Princess yo) And half from the nervous feeling she was getting from all of this. Glancing towards the windows with concern she thought What was this really all about?

The questions was answered just a moment after Celeste flinched from the noise of the locking doors. Just staring blankly for a moment, blinking at the words as Mr Pres spoke them. She wouldn't of believed it for an instant if it weren't for the way Jacob, and Rose were acting earlier. "... who..." She muttered at first, he voice getting louder as she spoke, the princess quite not having Eva's bravery for yelling "Who would do such a thing? And Why?! Such an attack would be suicide... no one would.." glancing lightly towards Vincents reaction as he shouted for a moment, and then went quiet...
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-03-07 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Edited to fit with Vinces post.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Nathan

25 Nucular 'bombs'? Why bombs? Ah, they would deply 'strategic' nukes from plains, so in that case they would be bombs. But 25 of them? To what end? Is this the beginning of the end? Nathan thought.

He was both excited and apprehensive.

Being as close to a follower of what Nathan saw as the true relegion, he felt he would be safe, as well as the others around the world, if this was trully the end as the holy book said.

He wondered how long it would take, and when the rulership of the world would be passed on.

He wondered if he would be found worthy of continued life.

His heart did not slow down, but rather his blood presure went up, his hearing seemed impared and he could hear his heart in his ears as his chest started to tighten.

All he could do was look to follow instructions that may be directed to him, and look at those directions as devine intervention.

He wondered where their final destination was, but figured it would have to be close. If bombs were being used, then there was only a short time available. Even if other means of delivery for the bombs were in use, it would still be very short.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press sighs, and shows a look on his face that resembles someone who realizes they've said too much.

He clasps his hands together and sighs once more before answering your questions.
    "After the events of "Nine Eleven", the US government started a research project on Armageddon survival techniques. Unfortunately, with the war in Iraq, the research was put on hold."

"The Noverra organization, to which I belong, took over the research, using our considerable funds to back the project. We selected at random seven families of considerable wealth to be part of the program. We only had enough money to fund seven units, so we had your parents choose a child to put into the program. They chose you. We had no intention of putting you into Bridgecrest, but we found it one of the only ways to get you in Rochester without any fuss. This is a private venture and we would like to keep it that way."

"Don't worry, your parents are en route to a seperate facility, where they will also be safe."

He smiles ruefully at Nathan.
    "My organization has the official backing of the eight most wealthiest countries in the world. Trust me, we know. We've been surveying the nucleaur hotspots for some time now."

He smiles at Celeste.
    "I know you yourself are a Brit by the pruest definition, but you must understand, the United States government has spent the last two decades angering just about every nut job out there. China. North Korea. Iran. Just to name a few. We don't know who exactly is launching the bombs, or if even it is only one country, but we know they're on there way. They haven't et been launched, but they will soon. We offered one of the spots in the project to the royal family as a... token of good will."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

Alessandro trots along out to the car, and looks around with a smile as he ends up next to Celeste, and across from Eva.

When Mr. Press comes out with his incredible statements, Alessandro looks shocked for a moment. As more follows, he listens with a frown. Selected seven families "at random"? I should say not!! Papa would have more influence than that. Maybe ... that explains ... that excitement three months ago ... but I guess he didn't trust Mr. Press that much ... so he only sent me and not ...

Alessandro looks nervously out the window for a moment and then back around the car. He suddenly, embarrassingly, starts to perspire on his forehead and his lovely white linen shirt gets damp under the armpits.

He looks around again, eyes squinting slightly as he evaluates every member of the group one by one.

"Tell us more ... Mr Press. Tell us about Noverra, and your plans." And in the telling let us see how comfortable you look, and whether your eyes turn up in the sign of invention ... and betrayal.
    Last edited by KuH; 2008-03-07 at 06:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Ethan

Ethan sat quietly absorbing what was being said, he figured he would learn just a much no matter what he did. Mr. Press's story although highly improbable was not totally unlikely and would explain some things that had been happening at home.

Ethan's father, although being retired, had been leaving the house a lot more often than he had been since his retirement. And Noverra organization was a true organization, or so he assumed as he though he remembered one of his parents saying something about it before or it might just be deja vu, in either case the name seemed familiar.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Mr. Press smiles.
    ""Just a second.", he says, as he turns to a set of controls beside him. He presses a button, and a pane of what looks to be glass slides up to seperate him from you.

He smiles disarmingly as if nothing was out of the ordinary.
    "The Noverra organization was started by a European multi-billionaire by the name of Aurthur Noverras. With his money and influence, he moved to the United States, setting himself up as an entrapenuer. He bought out small companies and expanded his own, which eventually lead to the massive empire the Noverra organization is today. We offer many different kinds of services and goods, from weapons to furniture to home electronics. Arthur once claimed, 'If it's out there, we sell it.' His real interest, however, was research."
    He straightens up, and says proudly "Noverra is at the forefront of technological research. The CC units, which you will become very familiar with, were his pride and joy. Unforutnately, we were only able to make seven of them before he died. You see, he was the head of the research department as well as the head of the company. When he died, unfortunately his secrets died with him. He was very eccentric near the end of his life."
    "How this all relates to you... that's what you want to know. Congratulations! You have been selected to test our state of the art Cryogenic Containment units. You will be frozen and kept asleep until the fallout has run its course."

He smiles even wider, as if what he just said was not, in fact, positively ludicrous.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Alessandro

"Frozen? And kept asleep with cryogenics?? What sort of a nutbar are you??!!!" screams Alessandro, as he launches himself at the glass, and bangs futilely against it.

Seeing as how his puny blows have made no impact on the glass itself, he falls back to the bench, settling awkwardly against Eva, and then pulling away a bit as he murmurs scusati unthinkingly. He looks around, intensely frustrated, to see the reactions of the rest of his classmates ... his face on the edge of blushing yet again.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Vincent:

Random families? Not likely. Cryogenically frozen? Us? Not likely. He's got the little guy all riled up though. Surprising, since the whole thing is so unbelievable. But, might as well play along, it'll be no fun for anyone otherwise...

"Wait a minute! You expect me to believe that we were all chosen at random? She's the bloody princess of England. I don't know why any of the others are here, but I don't believe that we're just here out of dumb luck. And then, to top it all off, you just want to throw us in a freezer? How do we even know those things are safe? And what about you? You're just going to freeze us all and then die yourself? I just can't believe this..."

At the end of his tirade Vincent throws a single punch at the divider before sinking back into his seat.

Current Characters: