New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Powers and the City [IC2]

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, right then. For now, we'll say that Eddie/Jack is at his new apartment given to him by Checkmate admiring his new weaponry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

Number of Awesome Points Won: Serious

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Checkmate was at the docks, awaiting a response.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Tin in the apartment, giving SLEA an update on his status. He doesn't mention his new mission with the others, per their request.

Oh, and I (the real life I) am having weird router issues, so my access to the Internet is unpredictable at the moment. Just a heads-up.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Sorry I haven't posted, this is just an apology statement as well. Its been a.. busy week.)
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Alright, here's a serious post, thanks for your patience everyone. I think it might be better to do it this way, so I've arranged for certain more cinematic and interesting. Here we go. Welcome to the next big thing. I hope.)
    A great hole of fire in the sky appears, blotting out the night sky. Great objects begin to fall. You hear the sound of crashing. For some reason though, they don't seem to shake any of the buildings that your in or around. This city was clearly built to last. As the objects continue to hammer inward, there are loud sirens. Those of you who have lived here awhile know the drill, all supers at the ready, everyone else take cover from the destruction.
    (The Objects are pods that unleash some kind of creature that lashes onto humans and controls them. Their relatively easy to dispatch individually, and can simply be plucked right off if it really bothers you. However there are a lot of them. Oh the creatures are kind of moss-like in texture and their solid red.)
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

War is about to respond when the rift opens. "Looks like we're needed. Hopefully this will convince you of my loyalty." Just then, a pod comes crashing down, toppling his pyramid a moment after he jums off. When the pod opens, War immediately blasts the creature that comes out.
    "I reject your reality, and subsitute my own" -Adam Savage

7. - Top - End - #127

Eddie looks out the window and grins widely.

"Alright, some action." He goes into his closet and changes into a white dress shirt, navy blue dress pants, and a brand spankin' new navy blue wide-brimmed hat and overcoat. He finishes off the outfit with a black leather belt, gloves, boots, and a purple Comedia del Arte mask. Grabbing his weapons, he opens his window and runs down the fire escape. After being greeted by one of the pod creatures he shoves his rapier up into where he thinks their face would be.

"I think my favorite thing about a costume is it gives me an excuse."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

"Great. I make a false ID. Find a job. Live a nice quiet life, and then the sky open up and rains down the leavings of swampman. The universe just doesn't like. It is all about me, oh yes it is."

While muttering to himself Escher puts on his warface and goes outside to rip the little buggers to shreds. Concentrating on the facehuggers he starts to head toward one of the pods.

9. - Top - End - #129

Hacking his way through the pod creatures, covered in what he can only assume is blood of one kind of another and chuckling to himself, he eventually comes across Escher.

"Hey, there, Esch! Great day for killing, huh?"
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Escher's hair took on a decidedly pointy aspect. He pulled a cigar out of his pocket, "Bub, there are three thing that I don't like in this world. One," a bone claw shot out from between his knuckles, "watered down beer. Two: people who make fun of Canadians, eh? Three: alien face huggers who try to conquer this mother copulating planet."

Two more claws erupted from his hand. Escher sliced away one of the drones and bit into it. Storing the blood sample in a small blister for later analysis he called up Continuity. "What's happening gorgeous?"
    Last edited by Podger; 2008-02-28 at 10:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

"Funny, Esch, funny. Although the shapeshifting still makes me uneasy, I'm beginning to see the entertainment opportunities in it. I don't have anything in particular against them, but they're in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I know all too well what the consequence is for that--"

The Saint takes out one of his knives and carves into a pod-person, cutting up the stomach, in the middle of the ribcage, and jerking out after biting into the lower jaw.

"And look! Now they do, too!"
    Last edited by MisterSaturnine; 2008-02-28 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain