New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Powers and the City [IC2]

"I'm in Skyline because I'm worried they'd catch me if I stayed in Los Angeles, and because I figured I might find some supers like you guys to help me out. To be honest, I don't know where he is. Autumn's smart, though. Seems to me like if he really wants to find a way to kill a lot of people, he needs allies. It wouldn't be unlikely that he's attracted a following in Skyline--what better ally than an ally with powers?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

Number of Awesome Points Won: Serious

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

"All right, then." Checkmate sits back and steeples his fingers. "Here's my proposal, Mr. Saint. I erase you. Everything about you. You never existed. I build you a new identity, new social security number, new credit history, the whole nine yards. And you continue your quest to find Father Autumn, with my asssitance, both financial and, well, computational."

3. - Top - End - #63

"...Alright. Deal. Eddie Balthazar is dead, and I become someone else, while the Sinner's Saint goes looking for Father Autumn. But once this whole thing's done, I want to go back to my family."

He stops for a moment, realizing how little he knows about what's happened to his family in his 12 years of absence.

"Oh, and do me a favor. Tell me what's going on with them."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry for my post being terrible. It's early in the morning. ><
    Last edited by MisterSaturnine; 2008-01-30 at 11:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

"Sinner's Saint, you said it yourself, Eddie Balthazar is dead. It has been twelve years, your wife moved on. She married again."

Escher steeled himself for the potential meltdown. Of course the only other option was lying to Eddie and when he found out the truth....

5. - Top - End - #65

"The man's right, Saint," Checkmate said with a shrug. "She remarried a local reporter, she's happy. She works for a computer company out in Los Angeles." A printer hummed to life behind him. "What do you want your new name to be?"

6. - Top - End - #66

Eddie's eyes narrowed and his fists clenched, but his rage was strangely subdued.

"Fine. But I'm still going back. I want them to know I'm not a murderer. And as for a name..."

He stood and thought for a few moments, and eventually came to a decision.

"How about Jack Busoni? Jack 'cause I like the sound, Busoni as in one of the Count of Monte Cristo's aliases. His story is remarkably similar to mine. It's a little disconcerting."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

7. - Top - End - #67

"All right, Jack," Checkmate said as the printer behind him began to hum. "Coming right up, a social security card, a birth certificate, driver's license, all the paper that makes you who you are." He stood, and opened a drawer in the desk. A set of keys and an envelope were tossed over to "Jack."

"That's the keys to this apartment - rent's paid for the year. Ten thousand in used bills. You can use some of the clothes in the back - I keep all sizes here, and make yourself at home." He hands Jack a card, and then passes one to Tin as well. A phone number and a rook are on it. "That's Connie's number. She works for me, she can help you out with information, other things. Yes, she will tell me what you ask about."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Should I be providing you guys with plot hooks?)
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

"Tin, I hope that we can trust you not to mention this to the SLEA. Don't worry, you won't lose your job. Are you going to help us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I changed some of the previous posts so that telepathic laws are no longer mentioned.

We seem to have a plot hook, if you could create a supervillain group for Father Autumn to work with that would be great - or maybe Sinner's Saint really is insane, either way

Voshkod: I think I was misinterpreting your character, I thought of him as similar to Oracle from DC, I'll treat your character a little differently from now on
    Last edited by Podger; 2008-02-01 at 04:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I think I have no choice but to help you," Tin replied. "Now that I know Saint is innocent, my mission here is to prove it." He shook his head, and took a bite of cracker. "I don't know why we can't just use my powers as evidence in court - but I'd like to bring Father Autumn to justice as well." After all, what better way to be a superhero than to catch a supervillain?

"So where do we start? We can't just stumble around the city until we bump into him, especially since we have no idea what he looks like."

11. - Top - End - #71

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for that leave of absence, guys. Things have been really hectic.

After taking the things given to him and changing into a white button-down, a brand new pair of jeans and leather belt, Eddie--or Jack, rather--walked back into the room.

"Technically, I know what he looks like, but it doesn't matter much. He's a shapeshifter. He can pass as anyone. Maybe we could do some good old fashioned interrogation. You know, the kind with brass knuckles involved."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

"The problem isn't how we ask. It is who we ask. Father Autumn went underground, we can't track him. However if you are right, Eddie, he will have made new friends. Powerful, psychotic friends. We look for them. Start in jails, then move on to arrest warrants and dossiers, then we bash the information out of random street punks and we should do it in that order."

13. - Top - End - #73

Spoiler
    Show
    Checkmate's more of Lex Luthor then Oracle. Very powerful, very rich, but not evil (yet).

"Gentlemen, I have some business to attend to. You all have Connie's number, and you can contact me through her. I don't intend to get into a direct conflict about Father Autumn. I'll assist you, and I'll hope you well. If this man is as dangerous as he sounds, he has to be stopped."

Checkmate rises and heads for the door.

14. - Top - End - #74

"Fine. I know your type, Checkmate. Give the tools and do none of the dirty work. Lucky for you, I'm someone who likes to do dirty work. So...yeah. I wouldn't mind taking a visit to the local jail, as long as I'm outside the bars. Shall we?"
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

15. - Top - End - #75

"Believe what you'd like, Saint. Just remember; what I give I can take away. Good afternoon." Checkmate leaves.

Ah, arrogant bastard mode. Always makes me feel a little crawly, he thinks as he heads back toward AIA HQ and home, nanocams surrounding him, watching for threats or shadows.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Wait, wait wait, where are each of you?)
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

((I believe we're all together in the apartment, except for Checkmate, who just left.))

18. - Top - End - #78

(I can still be there, if that's convenient for the GM)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Oh it is is, it is.)
    You hear thudding sounds coming from the walls, thud, thud, thud then it seems to reach an even beat like the sounds of steps. If you look there is a strange creature along the outside wall that you don't recognize, six legs, trilateral buggish thing based around a thin pillarish body.
    Last edited by Fiery Justice; 2008-02-03 at 09:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80

"That . . .," Checkmate says slowly, "is not something you see every day. Connie, can you run that through the database, priority?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Woops, thats legs not Legals... Must remember not to post these things)
    It appears to be the alien from the crash this morning.

22. - Top - End - #82

"Alien, huh? How about I introduce it to some Earth weaponry?"

He raised his pistol in the air, and fired into the center of its pillar-like body with mediocre accuracy.
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The creature makes no noise (in audible range, if Escher has his ears tuned to low frequencies it gives off a long screech) as a bullet rips through one of its legs, crumbling down the side without proper use of its leg.

24. - Top - End - #84

The Sinner's Saint let out a sadistic chuckle. "Looks like our little alien goes down easy." He put away his gun, and took out his brass knuckles, putting them on and approaching the creature. "This should be fun."
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

25. - Top - End - #85

"Jesus, Saint, you ever hear of 'we come in peace?'" Checkmate leans out the window to look at the thing again, reaching out with his mind to feel what sort of technology it might be sporting. "At a minimum we want to take it alive."

26. - Top - End - #86

"Fine. I'll just make it suffer. And peace never works out. You come in peace, and the person who doesn't stabs you in the back. Ever wonder why those alien movies never end with a group hug?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just as a warning, it's unlikely I'll be able to post tomorrow, as I'm working the polls.
    Spoiler
    Show

--Mark Twain

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tin, recovering from the shock he initially felt upon seeing the thing, began to probe its mind - he didn't know if he actually could, but his skills worked on animals, so maybe they worked on aliens, too. And if he could probe it....he could subdue it.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, uh, does the probing work?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The creature is mentally saying something like, "PAIN! MY LEG! WHY!" though translating its thought pattern prevents any details at the moment.

The creature appears mechanically unequipped.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Escher burps releasing the gases he was using to disguise his face at the same instant his face twists into a silver mask. "You know the problem with vigilantes? Besides the funny masks, weird names, and horrible bravado, I mean. You don't understand social and economic problem solving."

Escher slips past Sinner's Saint and holds a hand out for him to stay back. Clambering out the window Escher drops five floors, (if Tin can read his thoughts he's thinking, Ow, my feet, my poor aching feet). He slouches, shrinking into his baggy clothes and sidles toward the alien.

Spoiler
    Show
    He wants to take a blood sample. After all he is by himself an almost fully equipped lab and he has two degrees in biology (Zoology and Molecular Biology let us say)

edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is going to see if a pain killer/knock out drug will work.
    Last edited by Podger; 2008-02-06 at 06:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I've decided that having a telepath be my character was a dumb, dumb idea. Any character whose abilities depend upon the simultaneous actions/thoughts of another character - in an RP, anyway - is a bit hindered. Note to self: do not do in the future.

<<I don't think the alien is hostile,>> Tin says, telepathically, to the others. <<It doesn't seem to understand why you hurt it. I think it would, if it perceived itself as being in a fight.>>