Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 164
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII also can determine nothing about the ring or amulet (They are of unique make, none of you know anything about them).

    As to the temple itself, you can understand from the description of the aura that it was clearly a center of religious significance, but, being a temple, that isn't surprising. You cannot figure out anything about the religion which used the temple however.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    Unable to think of anything related to these two items, Gilgimesh sighs in defeat. "Perhaps we should bring these with us?" He says as he looks around for anything else, perhaps a corridor of some kind.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    fendrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII

    "I see nothing of significance here. Take what you will."

    XVII returns to the tunnel entrance.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    "If there is nothing else here, maybe we should check the hole?"
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    "Sounds like a good plan to me." Daggoo pockets the items he's found and heads down the steps of the temple. "Did you find anything interesting about the pillars?"

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan looks at Daggoo, then at the pillar, and back at Daggoo. "No, all that I can guess is that they seem to have served a primarily decorative purpose. Could you show me what you found? I want to have a look at it. Don't worry, I can look and walk at the same time."

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    With a smile, Daggoo hands Virhan the small sack he had put the items he had taken from the temple; the old potions, the ring, the amulet, the herbs, and the diadem. "See what you think of them. Oh, I forgot this." From his belt he pulls the sacrifical knife. "Careful, its still sharp."

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan accepts the bag and knife. "I want to see if I can see anything you didn't. You can have them back when I'm done." He begins to stare intently each of the items in turn ((detect magic, GO!)). After several seconds of this, he waves a hand in the direction of the cavern. "I can walk and analyze at the same time. Go on ahead."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using knowledge (history) for each one in case I can make a connection to the purpose of these things through historical context. Feel free to regard/disregard them as you see fit:

    Dagger:
    Spellcraft:(1d20+10)[28]
    Knowledge (Arcana):(1d20+10)[19]
    Knowledge (History):(1d20+5)[24]

    Diadem:
    Spellcraft:(1d20+10)[27]
    Knowledge (Arcana):(1d20+10)[15]
    Knowledge (History):(1d20+5)[14]

    Herbs:

    Spellcraft:(1d20+10)[14]
    Knowledge (Arcana):(1d20+10)[29]
    Knowledge (History):(1d20+5)[7]
    Knowledge (Nature):(1d20+5)[14]

    Amulet:
    Spellcraft:(1d20+10)[14]
    Knowledge (Arcana):(1d20+10)[21]
    Knowledge (History):(1d20+5)[8]

    Ring:
    Spellcraft:(1d20+10)[12]
    Knowledge (Arcana):(1d20+10)[20]
    Knowledge (History):(1d20+5)[24]

    Potions:
    Spellcraft:(1d20+10)[27]
    Knowledge (Arcana):(1d20+10)[29]
    Knowledge (History):(1d20+5)[21]

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    You recognize the knife and headpiece to be non-magical, although they still have a slight aura clinging to them. Seeing the temple, a bloodied knife, altar, and surroundings, you realize what this may be. It was probably a temple of some group from the island of Tezca, to the east of Atrailaus. The style of the temple is similar to theirs, and you see many aspects of their religion. The blood is a pretty strong implication. Lots of sacrifice in the Tezca religion, mostly human sacrifice. The dagger was most likely the High Acolyte's sacrificial dagger. The headpiece most likely belonged to him as well.

    You cannot identify the herbs, but they seem to be your common household (well, in a household like Aernac's) magic components. The potions are long since dried and barely even contain any of the magic they once had, although some of them appear to have not been magical originally.

    You manage to get nothing more out of the ring and amulet than Daggoo did inspecting them earlier.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-02-14 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo peers down the tunnel, trying to see anything unusual. "So, whos the lucky lad who wants to go first?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check (1d20)[18]

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo, peering into the tunnel, sees very little. There is some dead plant life which has blown into the tunnel. It appears to grow dark quite quickly, so you can't see very deep into it. It moves downward underground in a ramp.

    [hr]
    ((He hasn't been able to post yet, so I'm posting for him. I'm also setting him a color, as he hasn't talked yet.))

    "Hey, I found something."


    Says Maqarl, leaning over something in the middle of the clearing. When the others come up to him he continues.

    "Tracks. Looks like...three people. Two of them were carrying something heavy. The third was unusually balanced, probably an elf or monk or something."
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-02-18 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    "Perhaps I can shed some light on this situation." Gilgimesh chuckles as he begins chanting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Dancing Lights in the shape of floating orbs. There are 4 of them.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    The tunnel appears as a simple stone construction. It flattens out a little ways beneath the surface, and continues far out of the light you create.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    "Well, shall we?" Gilgimesh motions for the others to go first.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    fendrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII

    XVII waits for the others to enter, then takes his position anchoring the rear.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan quietly takes his place in the group as they walk down into the tunnel.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel takes his position at the front and begins to make his way down.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo falls into step next to Gilgimesh. "Tricky." Daggoo grinned. "What do you think Aernac put down here, he was your da after all?"

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    The six of you enter the tunnel in the marching order chosen ((going with fendrin's wide area one, seems good)). The dancing lights proceed ahead in front of you, letting you see the tunnel. The tunnel continues as a simple stone path, and the amount of planet detritus begins to decrease as you move away from the entrance.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    You all hear a noise in the distance down the tunnel. It is a loud cry, somewhat reminiscent of a rooster, but somehow more intimidating. It is followed by somebody shouting. You can't make out the words, but they are clearly angry. There is a slight rattle of metal.

    You can also see a pinprick of light far down ahead.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel puts his hand up signaling to stop. He turns around and speaks quietly, "I'm not particularly good at moving quietly, but if any of you are, if you could go ahead and see what's up there it would be best to know if its dangerous."
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    "I have many talents, stealth is not one of them however."

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    fendrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII

    "I am also not trained for stealth."

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan gets an enthusiastic expression on his face. "Oh! I've never tried being stealthy before! I could try!"
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-03-01 at 07:45 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo slaps Virhan on the back. "Well, there is a first time for everything. Go ahead. We'll follow at a distance."

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    {{Well, since nobody seems to be stopping me... or doing anything for that matter...}}
    Virhan:

    "Alright! I'm sure that it can't be that hard!"

    Clutching his notebook in to his chest, Virhan makes his way down the hall with almost comically exaggerated tip-toeing steps.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently=[roll:1d20+2]
    Hide=[roll:1d20+2]
    Listen=[roll:1d20-1]
    Spot=[roll:1d20-1]

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo turns to Kel. "Be ready. If he gets attacked, I will place switch the two of you."

    Daggoo then turns and focuses on Virhan, ready to magically switch him out if neccessary.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Daggoo readies an action to cast Benign Transposition (sc 27) to switch Virhan with Kel if Virhan is attacked.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently=(1d20+2)[13]
    Hide=(1d20+2)[17]
    Listen=(1d20-1)[15]
    Spot=(1d20-1)[2]
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-03-03 at 04:25 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    ((Retcon: the bird sound you hear is more of a shrill squawking. Also, probably a good thing you readied that spell. I think you can pull it off before the first attack hits if they do attack.))

    You see six men standing in the tunnel. There is a light table in the center of the corridor. The six are standing around the table. Lastly, you note a small metal cage with an extremely brightly colored bird inside of it. The cage is of rough construction, and quite crude.

    The light source is coming from a small marble sitting on a tiny leather pouch in the middle of the table.

    The first of the six is a quite imposing human, back to you, with a studded leather vest dyed black. There is a sword strapped to his waist, and he appears to be addressing the rest as a leader. The rest aren't exactly hanging on his every word, but they aren't ignoring him. He is quite tall with long straggly and very unkept dark hair. He looks quite annoyed at something.

    The next is a tall elf, lounging against the wall casually, also in black dyed leather armor. He is spinning a dagger on his finger as he listens.

    The third you almost missed at first, as he is mostly concealed by the table. A gnome is standing on the other side of the table. You can tell from his body language he is bored. He is in casual green traveling clothes with a small cudgel in a loop in his belt.

    There is a notably average-looking human standing almost perfectly straight in front of the table. He also is wearing casual traveling clothes, his brown, and appears to be unarmed but he could be concealing a weapon, you cannot tell.

    Lastly, there are two halflings who do actually appear to be ignoring the apparent leader. They are quite similar in look, both brown-haired in dark brown leather. They are joking and talking quietly with each other, one punches the other lightly in the shoulder. One has a rapier at his side, the other appears unarmed.

    "Hey, Flin, Ghal, shaddup! I want to get rid of this damn thing!" the imposing man says irritably at the halflings. The brightly colored bird squawks loudly again, and he curses and kicks the cage, clearly only bothering the bird further. "Look, just pass over your shipment, take the damn thing and go." He gestures towards the halflings.

    The two of them drag out a box and begin to push it over towards him. Suddenly both of them stop. The elf catches his dagger. "I think I saw something move over there." the unarmed halfling says quietly, gesturing in your direction. "Yeah, I think I saw something move." Says the other. "I'm pretty sure it was just a rat or something." The elf frowns slightly. "Sounded like footsteps to me."

    Then you see the second human, the unarmed one facing in your direction. He is silent, still, and looking directly at you.

    After a short pause, he says slowly to nobody in particular: "Unahm. Witness."

    The second human's head snaps up and around towards you, spotting you quickly.

    ((Roll initiative now, Virhan. The rest of the party is unaware of what is going on, having heard mumbles at best. You can take a suprise round type action while this occurs. Such as running, yelling, or even a quick attack or some such. One standard or move action.))
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan glanced at the faces of the group with a surprised expression. It appeared that sneaking was harder than it looked. He would have to take notes on this in his book... er, but not now. He silently drew on his energy to prepare an attack should things turn for the worse...

    Virhan took as step back away from the group. "Um, er no, I am not an Unamaba... er... that or a witness. I guess I'll, er, find another, tunnel... to plot... and stuff." Hmm. This lying thing was harder than it initially sounded too...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative(1d20+2)[4]
    Bluff(1d20)[20]-circumstance penalties
    Diplomacy(1d20)[13]-circumstance penalties

    Virhan has materialized his aura (free action), taken a five foot step back, readied an attack at anyone scary who steps within his reach, and has proven himself a horrible liar. Leader person was in his reach before the step, but now is just outside of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •