Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 164
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Combat!

    ((This all directed at Virhan for now, until the bottom, where you may note the rest of you hear stuff.))

    The Gnome
    The gnome crouches slightly and walks under the table to where he can see you, still 15 to 20 feet away, and clasps his hands together and points them in your direction. Some gray sparks rise from his hand and move forward out in a large cone, surrounding you. They vanish where they touch you, but you feel nothing. There appears to be no effect.

    The Unarmed Halfling
    The Halfling who at first appeared to be unarmed is suddenly standing atop the small crate he was pushing, brandishing a dagger. He takes a few steps towards you, but stops just short of your aura.

    The Human
    The human in the common traveling clothes who first spotted you goes from a complete motionless standstill to a sprint in the blink of an eye. He is at you in seconds, and you barely manage to attack him before he reaches you. Your aura manifests slightly in front of his face and moves forward, and it looks like you just broke his nose. He immediately falls to the floor groaning, barely conscious.

    The Elf
    The Elf also makes a dash for you, despite his fallen comrade, and slashes you lengthwise with his dagger, but his blade is deflected by your aura.

    The Leader
    The unkept leader of the group pulls out his longsword menacingly, then glances nervously at the other human, who is currently rolling on the floor moaning and bleeding out of his face. He hesitates, standing on the edge of your aura.

    The Second Halfling (Because of your new initiative, he can go as well)
    The second Halfling grabs something from behind the crate that you hadn't seen: a fiddle. He whips it up and starts playing, fast. It's quite a catchy tune, and he is quite a good player.

    ((Interestingly, due to your readied action and moved initiative, the Gnome and the Halfling with the dagger get to go again before it is your move.))

    The Arcanist
    The Gnome announces to the rest "He ain't a goldcoat." You recognize the slang, it is a term for the guards of the human nation in Atrailaus, due to their official garb. He then steps back to the side, attempting to be inconspicuous, as he clearly doesn't wish to approach you. His yell however can be heard by the rest of the party, as can the fiddle.

    The Rogue
    The Halfling with the dagger bursts into a grin as his brother bursts into song. His feet move with the tune of the music as he makes his way to you in quick darting movements to slash at you as well, stepping over the fallen human so as to get close. His attack is also deflected by your aura.


    The rest of you:
    Having heard a shout "He's not a goldcoat" and the sudden playing of a fiddle for some strange reason, you can quickly come to the conclusion that something has gone wrong. The thud of a body hitting the ground a moment earlier only furthers this notion.

    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d6+4)[8]

    Possibly necessary:
    Elf:
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d4)[2]
    Leader:
    (1d20+3)[6]
    (1d8+2)[10]
    Human:
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-03-03 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan yelps in surprise and jumps back{{5 foot step}}. His sessions with Aernac had long since established that he had an intuitive knack for combat, but that was about summed up his combat experience, at least the part he remembered.

    Clutching his book in a practical death grip to his chest, he makes a slashing gesture at the elf with his free hand, for the most part because his dagger looks bigger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+5)[13]
    damage? (1d6+4)[6]

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel looks up and says, "That doesn't sound good...." with that, he pulls his hood off, letting his face show true, and rushes down while drawing his sword. When he arrives he immediately interposes himself between anyone attacking his friend.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    At the sound of the body hitting the floor came down the tunnel, Daggoo spoke the triggering word to complete his waiting spell.
    This should surprise the foe.

    Suddenly, Virhan is in the tunnel where Kel just stood, his aura roused.

    With a grin at Virhan and a quick, "I like your stealth." Daggoo hastens down the tunnel to join Kel.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VENNDOR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Maq quickly draws an arrow and nocks it to his string while running down the tunnel after Dagoo.
    Hasta la victoria Siempre

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    fendrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII

    XVII strides forward and raises his right arm in a fist. Rings of dark purple energy, the same color as his faintly glowing eyes, form around his forearm, and soon coalesce into a solid sheath of dark eldritch energy. Without warning, the energy suddenly pulses forward towards the fiddle-player.

    ranged_touch - (1d20+3)[6]
    damage - (1d6)[2]

    curse my dice karma!
    Last edited by fendrin; 2008-03-07 at 08:39 PM.
    Character Sheets:
    Hideki | Heinrich | Ruhk | Mithas

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    Gilgimesh is stunned for a second and then, recovering his wits, runs forward to join the fray. Running into the room, he skids to a halt and surveys the area. He begins a low chant as his hands move in intricate patterns in the air. His eyes rest upon a lone gnome, standing back from the fray. With a single word accompanied by a flick of his wrist, Gilgimesh unleashes fiery doom upon the gnome.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Kelgor's Fiery Bolt- 1d6 Halved at a reflex save. If I fail to over come the gnome's spell resistance, it still takes 1d6 due to the heat.

    Damage:(1d6)[2]
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan looks around in confusion as the world rematerializes around him. He realizes where he is, and gives a hasty "Um, thanks," to Daggoos comment before running forward with the rest of the party, stopping 30 feet away from the nearest enemy.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel looks about as the world rematerializes around him, looking about he draws his weapon, and says, "I do not intend to harm any of you if you do not intend to harm me, otherwise, you will die." He pulls back his hood and rests his "eyes" on his opponents.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Iron Guard's Glare Stance
    Move Action: Draw Weapon
    Action: Total Defense Action
    Last edited by Valairn; 2008-03-12 at 09:56 PM.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Maqarl leads the way down the tunnel towards the commotion, to see where his assistance is necessary. As he runs, Daggoo begins to make gestures behind him, and Virhan and Kel rematerialize in one another's location.

    Virhan reforms with the others in the back unexpectedly, and his attack is cut short by the surprise. ((I actually need a new action from you. Presumably moving forward 60 ft.))

    Needless to say, they aren't expecting this. The fiddle immediately screeches to a halt. The knife wielding halfling stumbles as the music breaks, as well as the fact that his opponent just gained half a foot and a lot of thickness, as well as armor, and lost a head. He begins to slowly walk backwards, appearing unaware of what he is doing himself.

    The gnome merely stands in stunned silence, eyes widening further.

    The elf recovers fastest, striking out at Kel with his dagger before you have a chance to gain your footing after the teleport. His small blade glances off your armor however.

    Gilgimesh and XVII run into the fray. Sliding to a halt before the combat that is breaking out, Gilgimesh chooses a target and thrusts his hand forward as tendrils of fire spiral into being around his fingers, manifesting together into a small burst of fire which strikes at the gnome's side. He clutches it, clearly in pain, but doesn't appear to be significantly wounded.

    XVII hurls his eldritch blast at the fiddler halfling, and it simply passes over his head. He doesn't even notice, still staring in stunned silence at the baffling warrior that has replaced their old opponent.

    Kel Narokan recovers from his teleport as he makes his statement and settles into an intimidating stance. His words seem to snap the leader facing him down out of his daze, and he scowls and strides forward, slashing towards this new foe. His sword connects with your side. Hard. Red seeps out, staining the shoulder of your robe as his blade bites into your side. You certainly aren't dead or mortally wounded, but you can tell that he almost struck you down in one blow.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo quickly assessed the situation and decided to take a calculated risk. Dashing around XVII, he grabbed into his pouches, glad that he had practiced this so many times he could tell by feel what was where. Finishing his incantation and gestures, he smiled as a wave of slick grease washed over the foe.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Daggoo took a move action to move to a positon to catch the enemy in his spells area.

    Where Daggoo ran to


    Then he used his standard action to cast "Grease" so as to catch the Leader, the unarmed human, and the unarmed halfling in the effect.
    Reflex save: 16

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan takes a cautious step forward, and moves his palm in a pushing motion, sending a blast of force in the elf's direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16]
    [/roll]1d6+4[/roll]

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh


    "And for my next trick," Grins, Gilgimesh as he begins to chant again. With a hand gesture another bolt of fire erupts from his hand, this time aimed at the unarmed halfling's feet.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    fendrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII

    XVII sends a blast of dark eldritch energy towards the knife weilding (previously unarmed) halfling, then steps up to the elf and peers down at him menacingly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    ranged_touch - (1d20+3)[16] + any bonus from the Grease
    damage - (1d6)[2]

    Step diagonally forward next to the elf, providing a flanking bonus for Kel.
    Character Sheets:
    Hideki | Heinrich | Ruhk | Mithas

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel responds in kind slashing out with his sword with a fury.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader Strike to Hit: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[6]
    Healing to Myself if attack is sucessful: (1d6+1)[7]

    Critical Confirm (if threatened): (1d20+3)[20] ignore, not a crit
    Critical extra Damage (if successful): (2d4+3)[7]
    Last edited by Valairn; 2008-03-18 at 06:43 AM.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    VENNDOR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Maq draws the nocked bow and fires at the Human.
    Hasta la victoria Siempre

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo
    Daggoo darts forward, casting his grease exactly as planned, slicking the floor beneath the three foes.

    Maqarl
    Maqarl quickly nocks an arrow to his string, firing it straight towards the warrior battling Kel, however in his careful aim to avoid striking his ally the arrow misses completely.

    The Arcanist
    The gnome quickly darts forward around his comrades, avoiding the grease, and reaches out towards Daggoo, his hand suddenly enveloping in an emanation of sickly gray light which he places straight onto your chest. The sickly glow flows through his hand and into your torso.

    Daggoo: response
    Suddenly you feel a massive wave of soreness and weakness wash over your muscles. You are very tired, and are having a hard time stopping your legs from shaking. ((fatigued: -2 str, dex. Can't run/charge))

    The Panicked Rogue
    The halfling, slashing viciously with his dagger moments ago, continues to keep his eyes wide and locked on Kel, slowly backing up, as if unaware of what he is doing. As he keeps backing, he trips over the bird's cage and falls over onto his back with a thud.

    Virhan
    Virhan steps forward carefully and sends a burst of force towards the elf slashing at his companion. It strikes the elf straight in the face, and he joins his comrade face-down on the slick floor with this time what looks like it may be a dislocated jaw.

    The Fallen Initiator
    The human psionically punched out by Virhan attempts to rise off the now slick floor. As he rises about halfway to standing however, one of his feet slips out from under him and he lands on his face, which probably hurts. A lot. He's stopped moving now, most likely unconscious.

    The Once-Collected Rogue
    Despite the dislocated jaw, drop to the floor, and near death condition, the elf rises fast on the slick floor, feet finding grooves and cracks in the stonework, and makes a leap for Virhan. Snarling viciously as blood drips from the bone jutting from the side of his face, he thrusts his dagger straight into Virhan's chest.

    Gilgimesh
    The fire swirls again around the mage's fingertips, this time sending its burst of fire at the second halfling, striking his left leg and burning him badly.

    XVII
    XVII sends a blast of glowing energy into the chest of the backing halfling, and as he stumbles backwards over the cage it knocks him back, and he tumbles over the top and rolls to the ground on the other side.

    Kel Narokan and the Warrior
    Kel promptly takes his recompense for the leader's attack. His great curved blade rends the soldier shoulder to side, and he immediately falters in his previously strong step, grabbing his wound with his arm before rising up to continue his attack. However, Kel's vicious strike renews his own vitality, as his veins knit together again he stands almost as strong as he was before the near-fatal blow. The warrior hisses angrily, barely keeping his balance on the stone, and slashes out again at Kel, this time thrusting straight through the cloud of capillaries you have for a head. It is extremely painful, but not the most debilitating wound.

    The Fiddler
    The halfling, badly burned, makes a well-coordinated step-leap forwards off the crate towards Gilgimesh, whipping his rapier out of his belt and settling into a fencer's stance.


    rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Mhit (1d20+3)[12]
    Mdam (d8)[8]

    Gtouch (1d20)[19]

    Balance, DC 15
    Elf (1d20+1)[21]
    Human (1d20)[16]

    Ehit (1d20)[17]
    Edamage (1d4)[3]

    Gdam (1d6)[5]
    Hbalance DC 12+damage (1d20+1)[21]

    Lhit (1d20+3)[13]
    Ldam (1d8+2)[6]
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-03-18 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan screamed in agony. Granted, he knew he should be taking notes on this (he had never been stabbed before), but it HURT! He stumbles back away from the elf (another 5-foot step), and takes another swing at the elf, this time creating a blade of force.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d6+4)[5]

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo lurched back away from the blasted little gnome. Nine Hells! He felt like he had weighed a galleons anchor by himself. Quickly he racked his mind for a spell to remove the foul munchkin.

    Wish I had planned for combat, this better work!

    With a snarl his fingers flashed in the patterns of the cantrip, as a orb of acid flashed forth at the gnome.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Daggoo took a five foot step back then cast acid splash at the gnome.

    Ranged touch attack (1d20)[9]
    Damage (1d3)[3]
    If crit (2d3)[5]


  20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    Sweat starting to form on his head, Gilgimesh strains to focus on the halfling with the rapier. Raising an eyebrow at him, Gilgimesh gives a lopsided smile. "Shall we dance?" he says right before making an intricate symbol in the air and muttering several foreign words.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Magic Missle on the Halfing Bard dude thing person...tion. (1d4+1)[5] Oh he gets his Spell Resistance Thing.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    fendrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    XVII

    XVII circles around the elf and then sends a blast of energy at him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    5' step to the SE, flanking the elf with Maqarl.
    concentration - (1d20+8)[11] DC 15 to avoid an AoO.
    attack - (1d20+5)[21] vs. touch AC, includes flanking bonus
    damage - (1d6)[5]
    Character Sheets:
    Hideki | Heinrich | Ruhk | Mithas

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel frowns. The pain courses through him, but he pushes through it, he still has other tricks left. He unleashes another blow against the leader.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stone Bones attack:(1d20+3)[17]
    Stone Bones damage: (2d4+2)[8]
    Crit confirm(if a crit): (1d20+3)[14]
    Crit additional damage (if a crit): (2d4+2)[5]

    If attack is successful grants DR 5/adamantite for 1 round.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo
    The orb of acid bursts forth but wavers and slides sideways, trailing through the air past the gnome to splatter on the floor behind him.

    Maqarl
    Nimbly moving 10 ft to the side, Maqarl presses himself against the wall and sends an arrow, whistling just past Daggoo and the Gnome and to the prone halfling, and driving into the gap between shoulder and neck. The halfling's head slumps down against the stone floor, as blood trickles out around his head.

    The Gnome
    Grinning as the acid moves past him, the Gnome speaks words of power and gestures, but nothing appears to happen. Then you all hear a wild hissing growl of some savage beast coming from behind you down in the tunnel.

    Virhan and the Elf
    Manifesting your energy once again into a weapon of force, you slash at the elf. A cut appears in the leather on his shoulder, but the blow was glancing at best. However, as blood continues to drip from his protruding jaw, his knees buckle and he falls to the ground unconscious before you.

    Gilgimesh
    From the intricate symbol springs a silvery spike of force, which spirals rapidly through the air straight into the chest of the second halfling. A flower of blood stains the front of his tunic, and the rapier slips from his hand to the ground as he slumps over next to his brother.

    Kel Narokan and the Fighter
    Bringing his intimidating blade to bear, Kel slashes down through the armor of the human, once again leaving a massive cut from shoulder to waist. This time however, he stumbles slightly at the blow, and crumples limply in front of you.

    XVII
    It seems that the gnome never gets to see his plan come to fruition, whatever it was. A bolt of rippling purple energy slams him between the eyes and he falls back, knocking his head against the cage, making the bird squawk loudly.


    The Scene
    Your foes have all been struck down. Blood pools in a few places where painful wounds have been dealt out, but you are all still standing. Not bad, for your first skirmish as a group. They appeared to have carried this bird down into the tunnel, as well as the crate off to the side, which is marked with a black stamp on the side: a two-headed axe with a circle around it. Upon closer inspection, the top of the circle reveals it to be a snake, resting its head on its tail above the axe.

    You also notice that each of your opponents has a small glistening black ring on his finger.

    The table they were gathered around looks like it has been here for a long time. However it also clearly does not fit with the surroundings: perhaps they brought it here and use this place regularly. It is a simple and cheap-looking wooden table, and laid out over it are some papers, and a tiny leather pouch with a little marble on it. You can't really figure anything out about what the marble looks like, because it is blindingly bright to look at, and appears to have been the source of light for their group.

    rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Mhit: (1d20+3)[19]
    Mdam: (1d8)[7]

    GB: (1d20)[10]


    .
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-03-29 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valairn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Kel

    Kel lets out a roar. His "eyes" bear on the gnome, and he makes it perfectly evident of his intent. He moves towards the gnome at a run, and brings his weapon down in a crash.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader Strike Attack(hooray instant refreshing moves): (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[6]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+3)[14]
    Crit Additional Damage: (2d4+3)[6]
    Healing to Self, if Attack Successful: (1d6+1)[6]

    Lol rolling at 1 :-D
    Last edited by Valairn; 2008-04-01 at 05:36 PM.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    Relaxing a bit as the last of the enemies drop. Gilgimesh lowers his hands. Exhausted from his constant use of magic, Gilgimesh is sweating a bit. Noticing the papers on the table, Gilgimesh slowly walks over. "What have we here?" He says in a weary tone.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Icewalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the Playground
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    The papers amount to a few different things. The papers on top, which appear to have been in use, are some kind of trade schedule. You can't understand the information in them, as they is clearly coded to some extent. Buried underneath these are maps, most of which are marked in a manner showing your location, as well as a few others with some arrows haphazardly drawn on.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

    (Kairos avatar by Elrond)

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    pseudovere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Virhan tried to examine the paper, but was slightly more concerned with the stab wound in his chest. It appeared that it didn't hurt anything vital, and he would probably be fine in a couple days, but it hurt, and he wasn't used to this sort of thing, and he couldn't help but hope he wouldn't have to. He couldn't help but wish that he had invested in a cure wand rather than a summoning one...

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Gilgimesh

    After looking at the papers, Gilgimesh then turned to the glowing marble. He attempted to see if he knew anything about this item.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(Arcane):(1d20)[2] Wow... There should be a +8 to that roll but I doubt it matters. So much for the studing
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-04-03 at 01:58 AM.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Daggoo

    Daggoo peers over Gilgimeshs shoulder, squinting into the brightlight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+8)[15]


    In an off handed manner, he comments to the room. "Oh, I think that noise was a ruse, that gnome seemed a little desperate in casting it. Like a last ditch effort or something."

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Benevolence (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    If I can, I want to try and use a spell craft check on what the gnome casted. Spell Craft Check (1d20+8)[11]
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •