Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 86
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    ”All right, Charlie Company, form up! We are leaving tomorrow. Get your crap together, and be ready to leave at 0400 hours. Platoon Leaders, disseminate the maps and battle assignments to your Squad leaders. Dismissed,” barked your Company Commander, Lieutenant Colonel Bruchier.

    You all left with your squadmates, all new recruits, and eager for battle and help in taking back the planet that was being slowly taken from you. You head to your barracks, more like small shacks, in what used to be downtown Mexico City. You are still uprange, the battle currently being waged right on the former Panama Canal. You will not be going there, however. Your Squadleader, Sergeant First Class Munoz, meets you in your squad’s shack.
    “Echo Squad, here it is,” he says sitting down on a footlocker. “We ain’t goin’ t’ th’ front lines, so get that dumb idea out o’ your skulls,” he continues. “We’re going t’ what used t’ be Brazil. We’re goin’ in via a submarine. We’re takin’ a plane from here t’ New Orleans Air Base, boarding th’ sub, and getting t’ th’ coastline. From there, Charlie Company disembarks, and we hit ‘em from th’ side. Once we set up a base of Ops, we hit ‘em and bug out. Then we do it agin and agin. We hit ‘em enough t’ get their attention. Then, when they turn our way, the boys and girls on th’ front line push forward and take the Panama Trench, and make their way inta Venezuela. They’ll push southwest meeting up with our company, and then we'll push east and south. That's th' plan anyhow. We'll see how that holds up, though. Well, enough o' this crap. Go get some rest, troops. In the morning, pick up your gear at the armory on your way to the flightline."

    You all got to sleep, woke up, and put on your M.L.B.H. uniforms, grab your dufflebags (treat as Explorer Outfit; containing basic toiletries, undergarments, extra uniforms, etc...but no actual combat gear), and head off to the armory. Sergeant Kelton, the armory NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) issued you all standard infantry gear:


    Spoiler
    Show
    You all get the following gear (some have choices, so pick one if it has an or next to it. Keep in mind encumbrance and required feats):
    Light Weapon: Beretta 92F or Glock 17 and holster
    Heavy Weapon: AKM/AK-47 or Baretta Light Fifty or M16A2 or M4 Carbine or Baretta M3P and shoulderstrap
    Ammo: 5 full magazines or boxes of ammo (depending on if you have a rifle or shotgun) for your heavy weapon and 2 magazines for your light weapon (make sure you include weight of magazines in your encumbrance)
    Grenade: 40mm fragmentation x2 or Fragmentation Grenade x 2 or Smoke Grenade x4 or thermite grenade x 1
    Melee Weapon: Knife or metal baton or bayonet or machete
    Armor: Scout armor or Light Combat Armor
    Random Gear:(take all or none of any of these, but remember: Encumbrance and a way to carry stuff)
    Range Pack
    Ghillie Suit
    Portable Satellite Radio (think phone, but larger for military purposes)
    PDA
    Walkie Talkie
    Night Vision Goggles
    Demolitions Kit
    Duct Tape
    Electrical Tool kit (basic or deluxe)
    First Aid Kit
    Steel Handcuffs
    Instrument, wind or string
    lockpick set
    Mechanical tool kit (basic or deluxe)
    Medical kit
    Multipurpose tool
    search and rescue kit
    surgery kit
    binoculars (standard only)
    chem light sticks (any amount you want to carry)
    climbing gear
    compass
    flashlight (penlight or standard)
    gas mask
    GPS receiver
    Mesh Vest
    Duracable
    Sleeping Bag
    tent (2-4-or 8-person dome)
    MRE's (Military Meals Ready to Eat)
    Laser sight
    Scope (standard only)


    You felt a little strange back then, putting on all that gear, and getting it packed, having not have had to lug this much gear around since your basic training. The past years you all had been training in the swamps of southern Florida, preparing to have to fight in the Central American jungles. The training was tough, intense, and both mentally and physically demanding, but worth it, knowing that it was the training that would probably save your lives one day.

    Heading out to the air field, you took one last look at Mexico City Airbase, knowing that you probably won't be seeing it for a long while, if ever again.

    Boarding the C-5 Galaxy with your squad and platoon, you saw several other C-5's being loaded with the other 3 Platoons. No hummvees, Abrams, or APC's are being loaded. Only troops and their gear. After the long flight, you arrive at New Orleans Airbase. Immediately, you were loaded onto a bus that took you to the docks. You all remember looking out at the docks, seeing many, many submarines, ranging from vintage diesel subs used primarily during the Korean War of the 50's to the newer nuclear subs used in the late 90's and early 2000's. You were given box lunches to eat while you waited in line, and were loaded onto the subs, feeling claustrophobic every second you spent on that underwater boat. The ride was long. At least it felt long. After 2 weeks of cramped quarters, all the while being silent as the grave, knowing that the advanced technology of the Craeons would pick up any extra noise, you finally landed. You unloaded into inflatable rafts, one squad at a time, getting to the beach under the cover of a cloudy night sky. Your squad was the first to make the beach. SFC Munoz ordered you all to fan out and do a perimeter sweep of the dense foilage. Finding nothing, you reported back to him. More and more of the craft were landing, hundreds of men busy pulling any evidence of their presence into the thick jungle. That was when it happened.

    BOOM! SPLASH! WOOSH!


    From the water, behind all of the parked submarines, emerged a hulking, 4-legged machine. It began firing upon the subs. Explosions filled the air. The Company Commander began yelling for the troops to get into the forrest to find cover. Your company, already in the forest, ran further in. The forest lit up. The hulking machine began walking onto the shore, firing indiscriminately upon the now helpless troops. Somebody yelled for thermite grenades and Rocket Propelled Grenades, Anti-Tank weapons, anything to help take out this thing. The calls were answered. After a short, but decisive battle, with many casulties, it was eventually destroyed, enacting the typical tactic of defeated Craeon vehicals by self destructing. This did nothing more than inflict more heavy casulties.

    Your squad was one of the few lucky ones, relatively unscathed from the battle. Of the 800 troops that landed on that beach in Operation Backstab, only 31 remained: 2 unscathed squads, 3 partial squads that quickly reorganized themselves into complete squads, and the Batallion Commander. SFC Munoz, being the highest ranking person other than the Lt. Col, was given a field promotion to Lieutenant, and made platoon leader. Unfortunately, there was only 1 platoon remaining. The commander contacted HQ and asked for direction. His orders: Procede as planned with extreme caution. Additional supplies would not be possible until the later stages of the operation. Units are ordered to be self-sufficient. Conserve ammunition. This is going to be a
    bad day.

    The next week is used salvaging anything of worth from the battlefield, to include weapons, body armor, uniforms, ammunition, food, and whatever else that could potentially be of use, and setting up some kind of basecamp. Someone happened to stumble upon some ancient underground ruins. Somebody made some kind of 'Indiana Jones' refrence, but nobody laughed. After another 2 weeks, you all had an established base with one squad protecting all of the supplies, and the others doing patrols or recon, systematically working your way out from the base to get a lay of the land. Your squad was selected to go on your first long-range recon patrol. You are to go up the Amazon river and see if the intel reports you are getting from back home have any credit, that tell of a small Craeon base.

    Interestingly enough, nobody has ever seen a live Craeon. All of the Craeons you have ever 'seen' were inside vehicals or powered armor of some kind. To do their major 'grunt' work, they have robots, ranging from animal-like units that do most scouting, to more advanced humanoid robots.

    This small base is said to have a small factory that makes the smaller, dog-like robots, but is guarded by four of the humanoid robots. You'll have your work cut out for you.

    We begin our story with you, the heros, after having travelled through the hot, humid jungle, and just having found the Craeon base. It is in a clearing, about 30 feet from the jungle underbrush. The building is made of some strange combination of an alien metal and stone. You are approaching from the south side, and the ovular building runs east and west. The only entrance you can see is a double metal door on the west side of the building. A thick, black smoke eminates from a single smokestack in the top center of the structure. You neither see nor hear any wildlife as you look upon the structure.


    OOC: Everybody roll a spotcheck and listen check. Check the following spoiler for the posting format I'd like:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Your Name at the Top in Bold

    "Pick a color to speak in!" says the GM. Regular text needs to be black.

    Dice rolls need to go into spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dice rolls here! (1d20+100)[13](113)
    Make sure that if you choose to use an action point, you need to use it before I declare the results of the roll. This and the confirmation of critical hits are the exception to the double post rule, so don't hesitate to doublepost to confirm or use an action point!


    Any questions, please post them in the OOC thread!
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-25 at 11:37 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vazzaroth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sac Town, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Kell Lebrecht

    Es ist zu heiss... Kell mumbles to himself as they come upon the clearing. He is pale, with red spots on his face from being exposed to the sun, and has short brown hair, just starting to grow back from the military shave.
    So, vhat is da plan?

    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-01-25 at 11:44 AM.

    I'm quite proud of this:

    WAAAGH!


    Secret Option F, The Steam Group!



  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Mirian

    Mirian looks over to Kell, smiling slightly. "Better than freezing in Antartica though, no?"

    Mirian slips the big Barret off his back and pulls the scope from his bag, attaching it. "Plan is the same thing as usual. Kill 'em all and don't die in the process. As for anything more in particular, I want a better look at this damned place first."

    He pulls the binoculars off his vest at this and considers. "Just take a peek I wonder, or scope 'em and shoot 'em?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+2)[13]
    Listen:(1d20+2)[13]

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Trulhammaren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rath
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Robert "Silent Q" Smith

    Never go in blind. Robert said more to himself than anyone in particular. Eye's sweeping the building and what was visible from the squads vantage point Robert silently began forming some semblance of an attack plan.

    One way or another we need to find out what is on the north side, we don't want any surprises. Robert thought to himself. He watched as one of his squad mates armed his Barret Light with a scope. Hmmm, perhaps that will work.

    "I suggest that we split into two groups and group one will head towards the west and make sure that door is secure or not, and group two head east and circle around to meet up with group one. It might take a bit of time, but I want to know what is on the north side of this thing. Plus, there might be another door that might be a better entrance, or perhaps exit if we have to worry about that."
    Robert spoke up at last. Unshouldering his own Barret Light Robert looks carefully at the target area, paying keen attention to the eastern front.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: (1d20+6)[20]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[8]
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-01-25 at 10:06 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Donald Tran

    "Sounds like a decent plan, who should go which way?"
    Donald kept his eyes more on their general surroundings than the building, the building wasn't likely to ambush them...

    Spoiler
    Show
    listen - (1d20)[3]
    spot - (1d20)[14]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    an kobold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Erik Carlson

    Erik wipes sweat from his forehead while taking in the area and the squads' conversation. There is a worn look to the man which is not helped by a noticeable bald patch in the stubble on his face.

    Let's just get this thing over with. This silence is giving me the creeps.

    Spoiler
    Show
    listen - (d20)[15]
    spot - (d20)[14]
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    an kobold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear some tell-tale actuator sounds of a robot coming from your right. You look, but don't see the source.


    Neo|Phyte
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't hear anything of note, but you do see that not all wildlife has forsaken this place. The misquitoes seem to have stuck around. Good thing you got your malaria vaccination before you left...


    Trul
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't hear much more than the sounds of your companions and your breathing as you all duck down in the foilage. You are sure, though, that you saw some kind of metal glint to your right. It's about 45' away, and just inside the underbrush on the far right side of the clearing.


    Lochar
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't hear anything of note, but you do see that not all wildlife has forsaken this place. The misquitoes seem to have stuck around. Good thing you got your malaria vaccination before you left...


    Vazz
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't hear anything of note, but you do see that not all wildlife has forsaken this place. The misquitoes seem to have stuck around. Good thing you got your malaria vaccination before you left...


    The map (sorry, it may not be the best, am on a work computer. Hope you like ASCII):
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXX#############################XXXXX
    XXX#############################XXXXX
    XXX###/---------------------------------\###XXXX
    XXX###|---------------------------------|###XXXX
    XXX###|---------------------------------|###XXXX
    XXX###|---------------------------------|###XXXX
    XXX###|---------------------------------|###XXXX
    XXX###|---------------------------------|###X@@
    XXX###\_____________________________/###X@@
    XXX##############################XXXX
    XXX#############################XXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXNATLVXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    LEGEND
    XXXXX=TREE LINE
    #####=FOILAGE
    N=NEO
    A=AN KOBOLD
    T=TRUL
    L=LOCHAR
    V=VAZ
    @@@=where Eric pointed.
    PLEASE NOTE: MAP NOT TO SCALE
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-27 at 07:40 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Mirian

    Damnable bugs. Mirian thinks to himself as he attaches the scope to his rifle.

    He carefully points the gun down towards the facility, trying to get a bead on anything there.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Range is 180', takes an attack action to aquire a target. Currently just sweeping the area looking for anything.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and roll another spot check, this time with a +2 bonus.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+4)[15]
    Watch me roll a 1!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    an kobold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Erik Carlson

    Sneaky sonuvagun Erik thought as he brought his rifle to bear on the direction he heard the noise come from, looking for the source. Then, in a whisper to the rest, says:

    I hear one of them on the right, but I can't see worth a darn through the jungle. Keep an eye out.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Lochar:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You see some movement in the foilage in that direction, but nothing of note. It's hard to tell if it's the breeze or something else.


    an kobold:

    Spoiler
    Show
    When I said, "from your right," what I meant is between your 1 and 2 o'clock.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-27 at 07:35 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The direction Erik/kobold pointed out?

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Everyone:

    You see Erik pointing to somewhere approximately everyone's 1 and 2 o'clock.

    I have the map updated to let everybody know where north is, and the aprox area you heard/saw something.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Mirian

    Mirian carefully readjusts his aim, pointing towards the direction he saw movement.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking time to setup, taking 20 on a spot if at all possible. This will take up to 2 minutes. If he finds something, he will take aim, but not shoot. Tell me if/when he does.

    Rolling for first spot check, if he doesn't see anything he will take 20. (1d20+2)[6]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Trulhammaren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rath
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Robert Smith

    I see I wasn't the only one to notice something. Robert takes a quick look at his squad members again. Mirian seems to have a handle on things here, the rest will probably make all sorts of noise. Maybe the trucker will be able to pull things off, at least I know he's wearing camo.

    Keeping his voice down so as not to give anything away to...whatever this things that they had noticed was Robert spoke to his team. "Keep your eyes and ears open, I'm going to take Carlson here and try to get an angle on this thing, maybe figure out what it is. My walkie is set to 4.5 hertz. Keep in touch if things get hairy." Turning to Erik, "Erik, with me and try to keep as quiet as possible.

    Robert then slowly went into the trees his eyes and ears going into overactive mode, scanning everything in sight and listening for anything out of the ordinary. All that he knew was that whatever it was had a reflective surface, probably metallic. Robots....

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+6)[22]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[13]
    Hide: (1d20+10)[13]
    Move Silently: (1d20+8)[19]

    I already added in the extras and the armor penalty.
    EDIT: God those are some bad rolls, I'm glad I have such high points in those skills. Anyway, for tac map purposes I figure that we (kobold and I) are starting out going 4 o' clock and try to head 2 o' clock ish to get at least to the 3 o' clock of the @ area, the furthest we will go and the ultimate goal is 1 o' clock from the area.
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-01-27 at 08:57 PM.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vazzaroth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sac Town, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Kell Lebrecht

    Got it. Kell pulls out his Walkie and fiddles with it.
    Lets see... Vier... und funf.
    He is particularly careful to check that the volume is low.

    He also turns on the laser sight on his Carbine, mostly out of habit.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-01-28 at 01:23 AM.

    I'm quite proud of this:

    WAAAGH!


    Secret Option F, The Steam Group!



  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    an kobold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Erik Carlson

    Got it.

    Here's to hoping I don't screw up. Miss my APC, I should be behind a wheel, not hoofin' it here. Well, this dude clearly knows what he's doing, just follow his lead.

    Erik makes the sign of the cross before following Robert through the jungle, his eyes scanning in the direction he heard the noise.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Thanks for fixing the direction for me, DM77. Sorry about that.

    Anyway, here are the rolls, with bonuses and penalties added in.

    Hide - (1d20+5)[16]
    Move Silently - (1d20+3)[9]
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Donald Tran

    So we've found a friend...

    Making one final swat at the mosquitoes, Donald unslings his M16A2, training it in the indicated direction.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Alright folks, it's INITIATIVE time!

    Let's roll those beautiful d20's (plus modifiers)!
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vazzaroth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sac Town, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Kell Lebrecht

    (1d20+3)[11]

    I'm quite proud of this:

    WAAAGH!


    Secret Option F, The Steam Group!



  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Donald Tran

    initiative - (1d20+3)[10]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Spoiler
    Show
    Init:(1d20+4)[14]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mr.Bookworm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Paul Lawson

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[7]

    5 bucks that the evil robot looks like a dog.

    EDIT: My Initiative bonus is +3, not +4, so treat the roll as a 6.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2008-01-30 at 10:15 AM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    an kobold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Erik Carlson

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    Last edited by an kobold; 2008-01-30 at 10:20 AM.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    an kobold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Spoiler
    Show
    first one didn't work, trying again

    Initiative - (1d20+4)[18]
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Initiative Order:

    Please post your actions, and I'll resolve them as they come up in initiative.

    Eric: 18
    Mirian: 14
    Kell: 11
    Donald: 10
    Chunks o' XP: 9
    Paul: 6

    Let's get our actions posted, please.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    We have to know what happened, where they are, etc. Otherwise, I don't know if I've already got a lock on it, if it's in range, or anything.

    More info please!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Sorry about that...
    Spoiler
    Show

    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░$-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░@▒▒▒▒▒T▒
    ▒▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░@▒▒▒▒▒A▒
    ▒▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░@▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒NLVM▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

    ^
    []
    []
    []
    NORTH THIS WAY

    ▓=BUILDING WALL
    ░=OPEN AREA
    ▒=TREE LINE
    A=AN KOBOLD
    T=TRUL
    N=NEO
    L=LOCHAR
    V=VAZ
    M=BOOKWORM
    @=ROBOT(S)
    $-=DOOR


    You are all looking out at the treeline, but the robo's were too well hidden. They didn't come out fast, but they did come out in a slightly more unexpected way than you expected. A laser sight eminates from the side of their heads. They are about 3' tall, using treads for locomotion, and has, what you are sure is, a laser gun on one side of it, and a grasping, clawed 'hand' on the other side. It's body can be compared to that of a 5 year old, except heavily armored, and a head that looks less like that of a humanoid, and more like 3 cameras laid together, 2 on the bottom, one on top. They are painted in a woodland camoflauge pattern not unlike your uniforms, but instead of rounded patterns, theirs is a digital-like print (like the modern U.S. Army's, but woodland, not that greyish-green).
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-02-11 at 10:04 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vazzaroth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sac Town, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Earth Group

    Kell Lebrecht HP:22/22 Def:17 (21 W/ 1/2 Cover from Tree?)

    Here ve go!

    Kell moves to the edge of the trees and towards the bots. He stops to fire while looking for cover.

    M4 (+1 more if within 30 Ft and can see laser) (1d20+3)[6]
    (2d8)[5]
    ((Move north to treeline (Taking cover behind a tree?) and east towords robots, attack with Carbine.))

    I'm quite proud of this:

    WAAAGH!


    Secret Option F, The Steam Group!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •