Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 69
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    "All hands, to battle stations. All hands to battle stations," blared the intercomm. The M.L.B.H Fleet Carrier "Hope" recalled as many of the unltralight fighters as it could. The M.L.B.H. Colony Ship "New Earth" was under attack by enemy fighters, and needed assistance. Together, the two ships engaged their induction drives, knowing that the enemy would be hardpressed to give chase. Just as the last enemy fighter was destroyed, but before the Craeon Armada realized what was happening, both ships engaged their hyperdrives, in search of allies to help in the fight for their planet and lives.

    History had told us that there were potential planets that could support life similar to that of Earth. The course plotted was to take you all straight there, but something happened. The sensors detected a structure in their way. The ships stopped only to find that floating before them was a massive spacestation. It was spherical in the center, with 4 branches coming out like spokes, connecting to a large ring. The station must be at least 2 miles in diameter, and roughly 6 1/4 miles around at its widest. You see no windows, and no distinct markings. Scans do pick up 4 docking ports, all at the end of one of the 4 branches on the outside of the outer ring. Knowing that you are now thousands of miles from Earth, and that there was never any record of any kind of deepspace vehicals outside of the Voyager probes, and surely nothing this large. Even stranger is the absence of any planetary bodies. There isn't even a solar system within hundreds of thousands of miles.

    The captain called out to your explorer crew.

    "Our sensors and analasys tell us that it's not human made, and more importantly, advanced in technology. We can't seem to tell if there are any lifeforms onboard or not. This is where you come in. You are to take the "Explorer" and check it out. Now, since we no longer have Earth to supply us, we are limited on what we can supply you all with. As it is, as a precaution, I have already ordered rationing of food, though thankfully all of the spacecraft run on induction engines, so we don't have to worry about fuel. The engines also produce enough extra energy to power the batteries of the ground vehicals that run in the cargo bays, so that is less we must worry about. We have plenty of ship ordinance to last us any kind of battle that we have a hope of winning. Our largest hope, other than accomplishing our primary mission directive, of course, is finding any kind of alien technology that will assist us in furthering our primary objective. That all said, I am leaving you to your own devices, with a modest rationing of weapons. Again, due to the space program getting the almost exclusive use of energy weapons, powered by powerpacks, which we can recharge. The only catch is that we cannot afford to either lose or have destroyed any of our weapons. We have few people that have the capability to fix or construct new ones. We do have some "traditional" weapons as well, but don't have an unlimited amount of ammunition, so if you chose to use those weapons, keep this in mind. In case you hadn't seen it, the "Explorer" is a prototype scout ship, called a Ranger-Class scout ship. It's pretty advanced, even compared to this ship, so try to keep it in one piece. Get to the armory, get your gear, and get to that space station. Dismissed."

    Heading to the armory, you meet with Petty Officer Kinto, formerly from Japan. He gets you all outfitted.


    Spoiler
    Show
    You all get the following gear (some have choices, so pick one if it has an or next to it. Keep in mind encumbrance and required feats):
    Light Weapon: Laser Pistol or Baretta 92F
    Heavy Weapon: Laser Rifle or Laser Sniper Rifle or Tangler Gun and shoulderstrap
    Ammo: 2 powerpacks and/or 2 magazines per weapon (i.e. if I got the Baretta 92F and a Laser rifle, I'd get 2 powerpacks and 2 magazines, but if I got a Laserpistol and a laser rifle, I'd get 4 powerpacks)
    Grenade: Concussion Grenade x4 or EMP Grenade x2 or Smoke Grenade x4 or thermite grenade x1 or Tangler Grenade x2
    Melee Weapon: Knife or metal baton or stun baton
    Armor: Scout armor or Light Combat Armor
    Random Gear: (take all or none of any of these, but remember: Encumbrance and a way to carry stuff)
    Range Pack
    Portable Radio Earpiece
    Computer Card
    Spray on LCD
    UNICOM
    Sonsor, Motion
    Sensor, GeoComp
    Sensor, Chemicomp
    Walkie Talkie
    Night Vision Goggles
    Demolitions Kit
    Duct Tape
    Electrical Tool kit (basic or deluxe)
    First Aid Kit
    Steel Handcuffs
    Instrument, wind or string
    Intellipicks
    Flash-seal
    Fusion Torch
    Portable Glowlamp
    Mechanical tool kit (basic or deluxe)
    Medical kit
    Medkit Advanced
    Multipurpose tool
    Solvaway
    Antitox
    surgery kit
    binoculars (standard only)
    chem light sticks (any amount you want to carry)
    climbing gear
    compass
    flashlight (penlight or standard)
    GPS receiver
    Mesh Vest
    Duracable
    Sleeping Bag
    MRE's (Military Meals Ready to Eat)
    Laser sight
    Scope (standard only)


    You are all a little nervous, having been selected as the Captain's go-to team, getting choice equipment, and getting to fly a prototype scout ship. If the seriousness of your ship's and planet's situation wasn't so prevalent, you'd probably think that this whole thing was really cool.

    We begin our story and your adventure with you having successfully managed to fly the ship out of the bay, and towards the strange space station. You pull up to the docking port without incident. A small remote controlled robot is let up to the door, which opens when presented with magnetic fields. The sensors on it reported that the air beyond was breathable, filled with a mix of oxygen and nitrogen, very similar to the mix that you breath on the ship and on Earth. The cooridor in front of you is 10' wide, and goes on for over 50', which is as far as the light behind you in the ship goes. The cooridor is smooth metal, without seams or weld-points, all the way around. At the end of the light, you think that you may see an intersection, but you'd have to get closer with a lightsource to be sure.


    OOC: Everybody roll a spotcheck and listen check. Check the following spoiler for the posting format I'd like:

    Spoiler
    Show

    Your Name at the Top in Bold

    "Pick a color to speak in!" says the GM. Regular text needs to be black.

    Dice rolls need to go into spoilers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dice rolls here! (1d20+77)[16](93)
    Make sure that if you choose to use an action point, you need to use it before I declare the results of the roll. This and the confirmation of critical hits are the exception to the double post rule, so don't hesitate to doublepost to confirm or use an action point!
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    As 32 exits the ship, he checks his equipment again, and mentally goes over the locations of everything he took from the armory. His pistol is already out, and he sweeps the room carefully. Once reasonably sure the room is clear, he moves to the corridor, positioning himself just at the corner, already picking out the most advantageous spot to be in case of combat. "This looks like the only way in. I can't see too far, but it looks like there's an intersection."

    At first glance, the team member introduced to you as Moreau X2G-32 appeared to be a giant rat standing upright on its hind legs. A second look confirmed this to be exactly the case. He has light brown fur, long narrow feet, big eyes, and small pointed ears to go with his elogated snout. When in the presence of his officers he carries himself with stiff military decorum, but once out of their sight he relaxes, taking the graceful stance one might expect of a gymnast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20)[1]
    Spot - (1d20)[14]
    Character sheet is updated with the requisitioned equipment. Let's get this show on the road!
    Last edited by SithLackey; 2008-01-26 at 08:51 AM.
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    For 32:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see further, and see that there is, indeed an intersection. The coorridors that come off of it, a 4-way intersection, all of the cooridors are 10' wide, and the 'corners' are rounded. Past the intersection, 10' beyond, you see a closed portal. It could be a door as there is a kind of frame and a subdued 'door,' but you see no seams that would separate the door from the frame.


    For Everyone Else:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't notice anything of note. You don't hear any kind of sound other than that of your ship behind you.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-25 at 10:33 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Valzoa Umbra

    Following his fellow team members, Valzoa Umbra files in towards the middle of the group, rifle raised. "If I get to see any action so be it but I would prefer to examine this ship." Valzoa whispers to himself in a calm manner.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen:(1d20+1)[19] Spot:(1d20+3)[20]
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Trulhammaren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rath
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Amethyst Ivory

    Tailing the rest of the expedition crew, Amethyst keeps her ears open for anything unusual, but her eyes are glued to the Geocomp and Chemicomp sensors in her hands.

    First things first...data. Anything that may be useful to us. Amy thought to herself as she scanned the walls and surrounding air of the spacecraft for anything that might be harmful or useful, anything at all. Hmmm......

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+1)[6]
    Search with Geocomp: (1d20+19)[24]
    Search with Chemicomp: (1d20+19)[38]
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Cameron Blackwell



    "One small step for man..." Cameron says, without finishing the rest of the expression, as he steps out of the ship and into the tunnel.

    There's a sound similar to the quiet, high-pitched whine of a camera flash as he switches on his nightvision goggles, peering into the murky darkness of the corridor.

    A laser pistol is holstered at his side, but he seems more focused on adjusting the goggles at the moment than arming himself, following 32 up towards the corridor.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wichta, Kansas ICT

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Terran Highwind

    Pulling out 4 radio ear pieces along with his Lazer Rifle and scope. 32 come back please and put on this com link if you don't already have one.Handing an ear piece to everyone who doesn't have one and synchronizing themThis is a foreign ship that we have no clue about. Lets take a moment to active all our sensors, motion, GeoComp, Chemicomp, take the scans and then move in. I don't mean to be over cautious but we have no information about this and size of the hallway has me worried.
    I love and honor my deity but he is only a guide to help me to what is in my soul. Follow your own path and make your own choices.Town Character is Khelendros

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    "You should be able to reach me on my UNICOM. And I'd rather leave the scanners to you. This place makes me nervous." 32 taps the tiny earpiece he already has in and peers down the hallway again. "Yep, definitely an intersection. There's also a door, or at least it looks like one. It's recessed, but there's no seams." He pauses, waiting long enough to make sure one of the others hasn'e picked up anything on the scanners, and then slides his own night vision goggles up to his face and activates them. Then he walks slowly down the side of hallway until he can see around the corner on the other side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The description of a UNICOM is pretty vague, but it seems like it would come with some kind of headgear, and you'd be able to reach 32. Also, because there's no reason not to; Move Silently - (1d20+11)[26]
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Checking the scans, you notice that they come up with nothing of note on the scanners, other than the aformentioned mix of oxygen and nitrogen present in the atmosphere of Earth. After proceding further, light seems to come from nowhere, like the walls, floor, and ceiling, but no obvious lightsource. It is as if the strange metal the cooridor is made of suddenly became luminescent.

    ((OOC: I know it isn't perfect, but I don't have access to my drawing tools. Here's an ASCII map.))

    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHH$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHH$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTVHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
    ----------------------------/===\---------------------------------
    /\
    ||
    ||
    ||
    NORTH THAT WAY

    NOTE: MAP NOT EXACTLY TO SCALE, BUT ONE LETTER/CHARACTER=5'

    LEGEND:
    HHH = WALLS
    XXX = UNOCCUPIED SPACE/HALLWAY
    $$ = STRANGE DOORS
    --------/===\------- = YOUR SHIP/DOCKING BAY
    K = KHEL
    T = TRUL
    G = GNARNIA
    S = SITHLACKY
    V = VOTH

    Positions were assumed based on text since no marching order was given.

    Voth:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You thought you saw something dissappear around the corner to your left before the lights came on, but you aren't sure.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Valzoa

    "Did anyone else just see that?" Valzoa says in a startled voice. "I could have sworn I just saw something move down to the left. Is anyone picking anything up on motion?"

    Drawing his gun, Valzoa proceeds cautiously after the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently(1d20+4)[9] Listen(1d20+1)[9] Spot(1d20+3)[20]
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    Seeing the walls begin to glow, 32 slips his night-vision goggles back down, making sure they're switched off, and continues slowly down the hall to the intersection, where he peers around the corners, ready for any sign of trouble.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20)[16]
    Ready an action to shoot at the source of any obviously hostile creature.
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Cameron Blackwell

    "I didn't see anything, but it's not like these goggles give the best field of view" Cameron says to Valzoa as he takes them back off.

    "But listen, first impressions are everything. We're in someone else's space station right now... can we stow the pistols and rifles for the time being? We already have one technologically advanced alien race bent on the destruction of all humanity... I don't want to weigh our fates if we bump that up to two ;)"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wichta, Kansas ICT

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Moving somewhat to the back and keeping an awareness out for danger, Terran sneaks behind keeping as quiet as possible and making sure to not only keep and eye on the sensors but and eye out for the surroundings. Maybe we can find a computer terminal that would give us star maps and even a Xeneology on other cultures.
    I love and honor my deity but he is only a guide to help me to what is in my soul. Follow your own path and make your own choices.Town Character is Khelendros

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Valzoa

    Holstering his pistol, Valzoa scans the hallway once more before giving a sigh of defeat. "I could have sworn... Ah well." he mumbles under his breath before falling back into position.
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-01-29 at 11:26 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    32 obediently holsters the pistol, but his thoughts give a different message. And we also don't know what's on this station. If it's Craeons, I'd hate to meet them with my pants down. As the group nears the corner, 32 begins to fidget uncomfortably in the absence of a weapon.
    Last edited by SithLackey; 2008-01-29 at 05:54 PM.
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Khel:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Please don't forget to put your character name in bold at the top!


    OOC: I'm assuming that you all are proceding to the end of the hall, to the intersection:

    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$-$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓[]$▓▓▓$$▓▓▓S░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓K-G▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓T-V▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    --------------------------------------/===\-------------------------

    ░=FLOOR
    ▓=WALL
    $$=DOOR

    MAP KIND OF SORT OF TO SCALE. ▓=5'

    Moving to the end of the hallway, you notice that the intersection doesn't have any real "corners" per se. All of the walls round off when it turns. All of the walls are perfectly symetric.

    32:

    Spoiler
    Show
    When you peek around the corner, you notice that the hall to the left has 2 more doors that both go south, and the door to the farthest south and west is partially open. Though you don't hear anything, you see it opening and shutting over and over again. It is almost like liquid metal, spreading from the frame and then opening again. You see a small box-like object in the middle of the doorframe.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Valzoa

    Looking up and down the corridor, Valzoa scans it for any signs of movement. Hand hovering over his pistol, Valzoa speaks softly."Is it just me or is anyone else starting to get weirded out by this place." Looking back over his shoulder to make sure they aren't be followed he adds, "Shouldn't their be someone around here?" Turning to Amethyst, Valzoa whispers. "Are you sure your not getting anything on motion?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check (1d20+3)[12]
    Listen Check (1d20+1)[17]
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-01-30 at 02:22 AM.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    "Interesting. There's a few more doors down this hallway, and there's something in one of them. It looks like the door's made of... Liquid metal." 32 tries to look closer at the object in the door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20)[2]
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wichta, Kansas ICT

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Terran

    Liquid Door? Is your motion sensor picking up it's movement?
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2008-01-30 at 08:07 PM.
    I love and honor my deity but he is only a guide to help me to what is in my soul. Follow your own path and make your own choices.Town Character is Khelendros

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    "No, I can see it. There's something in the door, so it keeps opening and closing. It's... Smooth, though. There doesn't seem to be any mechanism at work."
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Map Update:

    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$-$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞSΞΞΞΞΞ$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓[]$▓▓▓$$▓▓▓K-G▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓T-V▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    --------------------------------------/===\-------------------------

    ^=grate in the floor
    Ξ=mucus trail

    None of you hear anything, and nothing is showing on the motion detector. Now that you are closer to the corner, you notice a trail of some kind of slime or mucus on the floor, leading from your right, and heading off to your left to what you can now see are two grates on the north and south wall of the far west hallway.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-30 at 11:01 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Cameron Blackwell

    "Let's hope we don't have to find out what made that", Cameron says, gesturing towards the slime trail. "Might as well take a look around."

    With that, he walks down the left hallway and towards the first door (the one that's not opening and closing).

    If it doesn't open at his approach, he'll listen at the door for any sounds on the other side.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Valzoa Umbra

    Taking a moment to stare blankly at the slime trail, Valzoa quickly looks around and then follows after Cameron. "I've got your back." He whispers quietly to Cameron, his hand hovering over his holstered laser pistol.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check [roll]1d20+3[roll]
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-01-31 at 07:00 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Map Update:

    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$-$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$░░░░░░░░V░░░░░░░$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓$ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞGΞΞΞΞSΞΞΞΞΞ$▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓^▓▓[]$▓▓▓--▓▓▓K-░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓T-░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░||░░▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    --------------------------------------/===\-------------------------

    As Cameron walks towards the southeastern door, he notices that to get to the door, he almost had to step into the mucus trail. He notices that it is very fresh. Walking up to the door, he notices that it doesn't respond to his proximity, however, when he puts his ear to the door to listen, the door 'spreads' to the doorway, revealing a room beyond. In the room, you notice a narrow 'hallway' down the center of the room to the far wall. The 'hallway' walls are made of what look like a clear greenish-blue crystal. It is completely transparent from the east side of the room to the west. The room was originally dark when the door 'opened,' but the luminescence from the walls in the outer hallway spreads to this room as well. It is then you notice movement 'inside' the crystal from both sides. From the angle you are currently standing from, you can't see what the movement is, but are sure that it is some kind of hologram. At that point, you hear a voice:

    "ΩβЉЉЊЋ Щф ҖЩЖЊЩβ ΔΩβΘβЋ Щ ҖΛ ФΔҖΔщЊЩ ЊΛβgҖф ΞβЩΔΘҖЉ ΞЊΛΠΣΔβΘ. ΦΩЊ ҖΘβ ЖЊΣ ҖЩΨ ЗΘЊΛ ΦΩβΘβ ΔЊ ЖЊΣ ΞЊΛβЋ"
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    ((ooc: Does the voice seem to be coming from the hologram, or from some other source?))

    Cameron steps a short distance into the narrow hallway, trying to get a better view.

    "Hello? I can't understand you. Do you speak English?" he calls out to the strange alien speaker.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SithLackey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    X2G-32

    32 shifts uneasily as he steps out into the hallway. He continues to look around, and remains suspicious of alien attack. "What'd you find in there?"
    Avatar by Threeshades.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wichta, Kansas ICT

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Terran


    (Do our communication devices reach the ship? If so...)I shift to the side out of sight of the door and report back that we have found something "Terran to home, Terran to home we have found alien life it seems. Friend or Foe unknown. Alert ship defense just incase. End."
    I love and honor my deity but he is only a guide to help me to what is in my soul. Follow your own path and make your own choices.Town Character is Khelendros

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    OOC:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can reach your ship for now, at least, via commlink, and the ship can relay messages to the Fleet. All you get for a response is:

    "Copy that, Explorer. Procede with caution."

    As for the voice, it comes from the hologram.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains
    Games I'm In: TRON Awakening

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Voth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Valzoa

    Approaching Cameron, Valzoa whispers. "What have you found?"
    The Emperor Protects

    Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

    Of course you can click here and I explode.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Alien Invasion: Colony Ship Group

    Cameron Blackwell

    "Beats the hell out of me. It's some sort of holographic generator, but I can't understand a thing it's saying. It seems to be safe enough if you want to come take a look yourself."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •