Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 81
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    DM
    The sun is beating down mercilessly upon the baked clay streets of Rhuves. Striding down the main throughfare are people of all descriptions heights and ages. You see boys running about playing tig whilst the girls and doing something with a rope strung between two of them and a third jumping over the top. Market vendors hawk at you as you walk through the city trying to sell you some stuff, most of which looks tacky, but every now and then something glints and catches your eye.

    The buildings look to be mostly wood but the bigger buildings which are obviously more expensive are starting to be clad in stone. The only true stone building in the city is more like a marbelite structure, but it has veins of pink and purple running through it. Massive pillars hold up balconies and arches are spread throughout looking like something out of elfish legend. The windows have glass in not hide skins as some of the buildings in the city have and there are even rich purple curtains in most windows. Whatever people may say about the royal family, they will never say they are poor. It is of course the royal residence and where you have been requested. Your meeting is at mid-day after Prince Saech has finished the latest convening of his father’s council.

    The massive wrought iron gate is flanked by a pair of elite guards dressed all in black trimmed with crimson. They do not move and allow you access as you walk past and through.

    {{There is about a half hour till the meeting, role-play meeting each other, talking to the guards anything. You can do your walk through the city as well if you wish}}

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    XiaoTie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Ian Dasmith

    Ian is a young man of an average built, having a slightly long black hair that is kept in a braided ponytail that goes down a bit under his neck. His eyes have a honey like color, which match with the haft of the longspear he carries with him using the blunt end as a walking stick, even though his legs are perfectly fine. His body is covered by a long brown cloak over a set of leather armor; while a brown leather pants covers his legs. The leather trousers are covered by a reddish skirt that goes down up to his knees.

    On his back he carries a brown, visibly heavy and stuffed, backpack. Ian also carries a green backpack that hangs from the right side of his waist.

    He walks pass the door greeting the guards on the way in with a simple and polite “Good morning”. By looking at the sun he realizes that he is still early and decides to wait outside for the others that were summoned by Prince Saech. Ian leaves the manor passing through the guards, and waits for the others a few feet of the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile


    Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zimmia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the prison of my mind
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Katryn

    With a billion last things to do, Katryn and her maid are a flurry of activity in her rooms of the residence. Her pack sat open on the table, and she was deftly turning away things her maid felt she 'ought' to take with her. "In all honesty, Mimi, why on earth would I take a formal gown on a mapping expedition?"

    "A woman of your station needs to be prepared for everything otherwise it looks poorly on the crown," Mimi answered her with a serious voice. The two women had been close for years, and Katryn was abundantly aware of Mimi's displeasure that she was going on this little trip at all.

    "Since this trip is for the crown, I think I'll be forgiven for not wearing silk as I eat dinner in front of a campfire," Katryn replied sarcastically. She finally finished packing - the backpack close to its bursting point - and took a final look at herself in the mirror. Her dark red hair had been brushed out of its coils and intricate braids and hung in one massive braid down her back. The clothing she wore was of the finest quality but it was most certainly designed for outside wear and someone had taken pains to ensure that it didn't "look" new. She hefted the pack and then held out her arms. "Give us a hug Mimi," she said with a smile.

    "Surely you're not leaving so soon," Mimi responded as she hugged the princess tenderly.

    "No, but if I'm going to fit in with this group, I don't want to be the first time they meet me to be at His Highnesses side. It'll be easier to blend in if I'm just one of the gang."

    Mimi shook her head again in that way of hers but opened the door and followed Katryn downstairs and then down into the kitchens. From there it would be easy enough to slip around the side and meet up with the others. "Wish me luck," she said with a twinkle in her eye. Obviously this was the most exciting thing she'd done for a while.

    "May the gods look after you," Mimi responded and watched Katryn disappear out the passsageway with a tear in her eye.

    Appearing at the back gate, Katryn passed through and then made her way to the main gate, in order to meet her fellow travellers.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

    I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dabone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Cumanus stood up and stretched himself. “All right Karsa lets go.”
    The tall savage looking human stood at the door waiting for Cumanus to make the last preparations for the journey.

    Cumanus was wearing leather pants and shirt. Which covered his chain shirt.
    Above that a long black coat, covering his body from the neck to the knees.
    A warhammer is strapped on his back, and after the last check of his equipment, a backpack is slung over the other shoulder. He put on his hat and walked to the door, joining his friend.

    Why do I have a bad feeling about this? It should be the same as all other jobs. But still something is going to happen, and I don’t think its something good.

    The walk towards the residence would take them through the market. Cumanus already prepared himself for the worst. All those people trying to sell them useless stuff, and it wouldn’t be the first time someone try to mislead Karsa, and if Cumanus knew something, it would be to never try to mislead Karsa. People get hurt when that happens.
    While together they walk towards the royal residence they discuss their next assignment.

    “Karsa, please try to control yourself. You know what happens when you get angry. The last time that happened we had to work in that bar for three days. And you know how I dislike bars.”

    Ra, if you hear me, please let my new companions be good honest people. It would be a very hard task when only three of us would remain, and give Karsa the strength to stop any evil we will encounter on our journey. Give Saech the wisdom to rule and Cheddel the power to survive another day. Please give me your blessing and never let me stray from the rightful path.

    After some time of silence, Cumanus spoke again. “Karsa keep your eyes open and your hand on your haft, while we on our mission, I really don’t know what we will encounter on our journey. And not only the unknown is something to watch for Karsa, the most dangerous enemies are those that you expect the least. Saech chose our companions himself but still… you never know. Sorry Karsa, you know how I am, always thinking the worst. It will probably be nothing.”

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Maredan

    Maredan is aware of the stares he draws as he passes thorough the city, though he is known to the guards enough that his strange appearance doesn't cause him much trouble. On his way through the market he exchanges some of the fruits he brought with him from the wayside for farmers' produce, curious to see the quality of the crop reaching the city. The cool juice of the apple is a pleasant contrast to the hot street under his bare feet.

    When he reaches the palace he sees he is still early, though one person has arrived before him. He finds what shade he can and stands with his gray cloak cast back to cool off, revealing a well-worn leather jerkin over plain brown cloth tunic and trousers, and an assortment of pouches and gourds hanging about his waist. At his hip hangs a short, curved sword, the only metal visible on him besides the ring on his hand; his hand lightly holds a long, sturdy staff. He stands, face turned up toward the sun, looking as though he has taken root.

    After a moment he looks back down from the sky and reaches into one of his larger pouches, drawing out a fruit and offering it to the other man waiting.

    "Apple?"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    XiaoTie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Ian Dasmith

    With a sincere smile on his face Ian approaches the man and stands besides him on the shadows. He then reaches out for the apple with his right hand, shifting the longspear to his left hand, “Thank you very much”.

    After taking a bite of the apple Ian speaks, still with his mouth a tad full of apple “Ahre yoou heer foor the expeditchun too?”. He smiles and laughs when he hears the sound his voice made when speaking with his mouth full, “I’m sorry. Are you here for the expedition too?
    Spoiler
    Show

    Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile


    Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Karsa Orlong

    As his close freind and long time companion got up, Karsa preseded him through the door. Walking through the streets Karsa looks with interest at everything the haekers put in front of him, but after a little shake of the head from Cumanus, he suddenly becomes much less inviting, giving a low growl at any of the vendors comming to close.
    With Karsa in such a mood, not many of them dare come to close though, since Karsa is quite an intimidating sight. Standing a full 6'6" tall he towers over most men, his flaming red hair and beard are streaked with little stripes of white from which you can tell the scarrs lying underneath. His breastplate is shining brilliantly in the hot noon sun and on his back hangs a huge axe.

    Hearing his companions concerns about his temper he simply grunts, he didn't thing his temper would get out of hand, but then again, he never did. As they get to the royal residence Karsa steps in before Cumanus, as always, ready to face anything should it be needed. Though as Cumanus said, nothing was likely to happen in the princes own home.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Maredan

    "Indeed," he replies with a nod. "Though I have few details as yet. I have only just arrived in the city, and the summons here was brief. It sounds as though you have heard more of our purpose, though I suppose we will be fully informed soon enough."

    Maredan thinks to inspect any flags, banners or colours visible around the palace and its grounds to see if he can determine what nobles are in attendance and how high-profile or otherwise this gathering might be. He pays particular attention to any evidence of his family or sister's presence.

    [roll=Knowledge (nobility)]1d20+6[/roll]

    * post roll count doesn't match database

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dabone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Cumanus tallks for a little while with one of the guards, asking him if anything interesting has happened, as always Cumanus wanted to be informed about anything, how more you know how less the chance of bieng surprised.
    As he is finishing his conservation, he spots the two figures standing in the shadow of a large tree.

    "Karsa."

    After that single word, Cumanus turns around and walks toward the two men.

    "A very fine day, isn't it? You may or may not know me, but it's always polite to introduce yourself, I'm Cumanus, Inquisitor Cumanus for strangers. And I'm sure my companion can introduce himself perfectly. Whit whom do I have the pleasure?"

    As always Cumanus speech never showed his true feelings. He was raised as a proper child and was taught to behave always this way, no matter whom you were talking too. The words of Ra, his father would call it.
    Last edited by dabone; 2008-01-27 at 05:13 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Karsa Orlong

    Karsa walks with Cumanus to the two strangers and seeing Cumanus's friendly bearing toward them relaxes. When asked to introduce himself he extends a huge hand to the two and with a wide smile spreading across his face says: "Karsa Orlong, pleased to meet you."
    Last edited by Grishnakh; 2008-01-27 at 05:54 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Maredan takes the axe-bearer's hand when offered, but addresses the first man who spoke. "Maredan," he says simply. If his surname is of any relevance at this point, they probably already know it. "I'm afraid I have no more fruit to give."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Norian Loyalar, Soulborn

    The streets part for him as the man focuses twin blue eyes with a hint of azure in the sclera upon the main road through Rhuves. A brightly polished cuirass adorns his midsection with plates of steel protecting his other vital areas. A curious air of nobility and strength hangs around him that seems almost palpable and is only confirmed by the wondrous six foot blade currently clung over his shoulders with one hand gripping the blade and the other resting across the hilt. The massive weapon seems to be made from gold but for the veins of dark blue that reach across the flat of the blade from the fuller, which itself seems to be a main artery running back to the base of the weapon.

    Hanging upon his back the man carries a steel shield with a brilliant blue eye painted across the surface, albeit without a great deal of skill. Under his shield he carries his pack with supplies and at his hip he wears another blade but one of normal size and common craftsmanship. As he makes his way towards the grand structure carved from marble veined with pink as if in stark opposition to his over-sized blade. Sweat and dirt have turned his hair into a downright mess of sand and black strands but he seems no worse for wear from the heat.

    As he passes through the crowds he seems to be more a force than a man as people simply melt away if only to avoid that ridiculous weapon. His strange eyes were focused entirely upon the residence of his old friend to the exclusion of all else. It was not his way to be rude but he had traveled quite some distance and was not particularly in a mood to stock up on supplies or converse with the local population. As he neared the gates and the last of the rabble flowed away from his path he took note of others waiting under the shade of a tree. He approaches them swiftly and at first it looks as though he plans to attack with the shift of his blade. When it moves with such speed that one would swear it must have felt just as a normal longsword. Instead of leaping out to strike at someone the blade drops to sink into the ground so that the man may lean against it, "Well met, I am Norian Loyalar. I assume this gathering sought under the refuge of a tree's leaves is in waiting for a meeting with Saech?"
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    headwarpage's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Barlak Silveraxe

    A dwarf, dressed in rough work clothes like most of the handful of dwarves in the city, makes his way through the narrow streets of the poorer section of town before finally reaching the thoroughfare leading to the castle. Outfitted for war, he wears a chain shirt and waraxe, as well as a rather incongruous longbow, which juts nearly two feet above his shoulder. Ignoring the vendors and the jostling crowds, he plods along under the weight of his heavy pack. To be sure, he probably wouldn't need half of what he carried, but it was undoubtedly better to be prepared than to indulge in the luxury of a light pack.

    Reaching the gates, Barlak passes through with some trepidation. Despite his long acquaintance with Saech, this was the first time he had actually visited the royal residence. But the guards had apparently been told to expect him, and he passed into the courtyard with some relief. It is with some surprise that he spots the group waiting under the tree - previously, all the requests Saech had made of him had been for him alone. Well, the Prince undoubtedly had his reasons, but he couldn't help but wonder what was different about this time.

    Barlak crosses the courtyard at his typical plodding pace and joins the group under the tree. "Greetings, all of you," he says in a gruff voice. "I am Barlak."
    Your ad here! Call 1-800-SELLOUT.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    DM

    As the group meet and exchange pleasentries under the tree there comes a blood curdling scream from one of the upper balconies. The double window doors and out stumbles a woman dressed in a long elegant cream robe. She has a golden tiara sat upon and nestled within her golden locks of her which tumble down off her shoulders. She is beautiful in a regal way and is the best looking woman for her age any of you have ever seen.

    "MURDER! The old king is dead and by someone else's hand! Poison."

    With this last word she falls to the ground of the balcony unconscious.

    The guards at the gate are visiblly shifting uncomfortabley, and seconds later there is movement in the upper window and you see the Prince, well King now you would guess, still dressed in his court robe of gold and purple with a soft sash around his waist visiblly weeping. When he catches sight of the group his face hardens into what is his crown face to talk to the nobles and he motions you up. The front doors clang open and two guards dressed in the same black with crimson trim as the front gate ones stand across it with halberds levelled. They see you and draw the halberds up permitting you access, as you go past they simply say first floor second door on the left.
    Last edited by stimpius; 2008-01-27 at 09:07 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Maredan

    Poison? Was Cheddel not dying fast enough for someone's tastes?

    Maredan feels a certain grim relief that at least his arrival and stay in the courtyard were well-witnessed. At least it will be hard for anyone to somehow blame him for the king's death. Beyond this thought the implications of the murder matter little to him. Saech will be as good a king or better. The people's lives will continue much as ever. So long as this does not make our expedition impossible, that is still the task to which we must attend.

    He is quiet as the group goes to meet the prince. Once Saech joins them he stirs.

    "My condolences. If it is of any help, I may be able to shed some light on the cause of His Highness' death, if I am permitted to examine the body."

    ((Heal - (1d20+5)[23]. Of course, depending what others say or do before the prince arrives Mar may have something else to say before the above.))

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    XiaoTie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Ian Dasmith

    The young man introduces himself, with a smile on his face, as Ian Dasmith whenever asked.

    The king was dead, the man who had once employed his father as one of the royal blacksmiths, that struck down Ian's joy for the king had been a good man and a good ruler. He follows Maredan along the way to the first floor, visibly sad and with teary eyes. He stood by the group and the Prince, but wouldn’t say a thing while on the room unless spoken to.
    Last edited by XiaoTie; 2008-01-27 at 10:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile


    Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Karsa Orlong

    Upon hearing the scream Karsa immediately grabs his axe. When he hears the cause of the scream his expression darkens even more and a dangerous glint appear in his eye. On his way up to the prince he is still holding the axe in both hands, his knuckles white from the force of his grip. It seems he is eager to put those hands around the neck of whoever did this.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zimmia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the prison of my mind
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Katryn

    The two thoughts reached her head just about the same time. ‘Who in the world would be able to kill Cheddal in his own palace” and “Dear Gods, that means I’m queen now” became jumbled in her head and for a long moment she didn’t stir, save for the tears coming down her cheeks. When she realized that the others were moving, Katryn stumbled forward with the others, and realized that at least some of them looked vaguely familiar. As she reached the top of the stairs she looked to her husband. His eyes found hers and held while a myriad of emotions ran through her head; grief for the man who’d given her a home since the atrocities began, compassion for her husband and a true sense of bewilderment about what would happen now. She had cut the argument about whether or not she would go with the mapping party short simply by making her intentions public despite Saech feeling it was not appropriate. Now even she was unsure if this was the right thing to do, and if she should still insist. For the first time in a long while Katryn didn’t automatically know what she should do, and it scared her. She nodded to Saech, trying to put into that look everything she was feeling and then wiped her eyes.

    Just how did it come about, my Lord?” she asked.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

    I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dabone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    As the party hears the screaming and moves into the residence Cumanus is thinking about what just happened.

    "I knew something bad would happen today, I just knew it.. But this? Really, this is allready out of hand, before it's even started."

    "Prince Seach, can you make sure nobody leaves or enters the residence? If it's a fast working poison, there is a good chance the killer is still in here. If the reason why the king died, really is poison. If not, then there is even more reason to let nobody leave."

    "King Seach, Cumanus, not prince. I have to be more carefull with what I say, Seach will not be on his best mood now and I really don't want to make it any worse."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Norian

    When the scream echoes from above the man whips around with his blade in a single hand looking as though he were waiting to throw it at any threat that might present itself. In that brief moment the veins across the blade shimmer with a golden light and fade into a pure gleaming blade that catches the sun from almost any angle, even in the shade. His eyes narrow at the balcony as the woman feints and he slowly relaxes his stance as he slips the blade over his back to rest at an angle as the length surpasses his height. He says nothing as he moves inside along with the others and seems more concerned about how Saech is handling the death than the fact itself.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    DM

    The prince, well king you guess now walks in after you all into the bedroom and shouts down behind it

    "Lock all the doors and bar the gates. Anyone leaves is to be knocked unconscious if they even attempt it."

    Slamming the door to the bedroom so hard it shakes in its frame the door shuts. The prince, no king you have to get used to that in your head walks over to his mother picks her up and places her on an opulent white chair near his father and then collapses to the floor in a fit of sobbing.

    Now that the door is shut you start to take in some of your surroundings, there is a heavy sickly sweet smell on the air as if the king had been near death for a long time. There are heavy dark oak panels lining all the walls and he is laid in an emporer sized bed with a red quilt covering him. On the floor lay a few books and on the bedside table there are piles upon piles of tissues heavy with mucus and blood. The curtains to the balcony lay open and across from his bed is a large couch which looks as if someone may have laid on it. There is a goblet of some foul smelling brew next to the old kings head and at his feet on the floor lays a bloody dagger.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Maredan

    Maredan gives the dead king a respectful few moments' silence before fixing his gaze on Saech and clearing his throat.

    "The king is dead, long live the King," he observes.

    He then lays his staff by the wall and approaches the bed and picks up the goblet to sniff at it and, depending on what he smells, take a sip or a fingertip's taste. He addresses the prince before going any further in his inspection.

    "The late king's illness was long. How many physicians has he seen? Might this be the natural result of his illness, or some well-intended treatment too strenuous for him?"

    If given permission by the new king he examines Cheddel's body directly and pays particular attention to the dagger, trying to determine if it was a poisoned assassin's weapon or an instrument of medicinal bloodletting.

    ((Heal check rolled earlier [23] to determine the cause of the king's death and/or whether the goblet or dagger have any poison. Spot - (1d20+5)[8] if necessary to cover anything the Heal check won't; Diplomacy - (1d20+4)[14] for any convincing Saech might need.))

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Norian

    While Maredan focuses his efforts on the late King and the dagger Norian moves to assist him by examining the goblet in further detail. As he examines the goblet he looks to the others, "Someone search the room for anything else that seems odd or out of place, especially within containers or under objects. Someone ensure the queen was not injured and that she merely fainted of stress and shock." He really didn't know what else to do or how to help. He was not exactly expecting to be investigating a death within an hour of arriving in the city.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another Heal Check vs DC 10 (1d20+5)[21]
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-01-29 at 02:58 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Grishnakh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Karsa Orlong

    As there appears to be no direct threat Karsa calms down and stops his 'axe-throttling' and puts it away on his back. He feels a bit out of place now, everyone seems to know what to do and investigating all kinds of things, but such things where not among Karsa's capabilities. As he stands there feeling useless, he's almost wishing there was a more physical threat. That one, at least, he knows how to deal with.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    DM

    As far as any of you are aware the king has seen one physician. Looking over the body, which you are allowed to do, there appears to be no actual puncture wound from the dagger, yet there is a green filmy substance on his left thigh. The dagger in particular is serrated and has the same green substance that is on the kings leg and looks as if it could be used to cut someones throat as effectivley as stab them, re-checking the king you do see a faint line that may have been made by this serrated dagger across the back of his thigh.

    Maredan finishes his examination of the king with Norians help and steps over to the goblet and dips his finger in, he sees it is some form of blood red fine wine, and smelling it reminds him of the smell of nightshade mixed with aniseed. With this in mind he takes but the smallest of finger-tips to his mouth and you instantly see a sickly-pale green colour cross his face.

    To Maredan

    Spoiler
    Show

    3 Fort Saves.
    1st at DC15 - if this passes +2 on the next if this fails -2.
    2nd at DC 11 - if this passes +1 on the next if this fails -5.
    3rd at DC 10.
    If you pass all three your on your feet still - make an Int check.


    The queen doesn't look injured and still appears to be breathing, and has apparently collapsed from shock alone.

    {{Knowledge;History rolls please everyone - OOC thread if so desired}}

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sin City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Norian

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rather not double post in the OOC
    Untrained Knowledge Check(1d20+2)[7]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self


    Married a year already? 0.0

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zimmia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the prison of my mind
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Katryn

    Wiping the tears from her eyes she takes a last look at Saech and then moves to the servants in the room. "Was he completely alone?" she asks. "Who was on watch outside the door? Who were the last people to come into the room?"
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

    I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    XiaoTie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Ian Dasmith

    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Know. (History) (Int) check - (1d20+3)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile


    Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    headwarpage's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Barlak

    Knowledge: History (untrained)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3]


    Barlak had remained grimly silent thus far, unused to interacting with Saech around so many people and unsure of how to respond. Seeing Maredan in distress, however, Barlak hurries to his aid. "That may not have been the smartest move. Try to vomit before your body absorbs all the poison."
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Attempting a Heal check to treat poison and ward off any secondary damage. (1d20+5)[21]
    Your ad here! Call 1-800-SELLOUT.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 1]

    Maredan

    Maredan pales, grimaces, and spits out any trace of the tainted wine to the side. Wordlessly he gestures thanks to Barlak. It takes a moment before he can speak around his numbed tongue.

    "I don't recognize the contents, but they're extremely toxic. No ill or elderly person could possibly benefit from this. Subtlety was clearly not a priority."

    He addresses Saech. "Is the King's physician in the palace?"

    To Norian and the others: "Do any of you recognize this substance on the dagger? It looks to have been used, as well."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •