Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 60
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    The sun is beating down mercilessly upon the baked clay streets of Rhuves. Striding down the main throughfare are people of all descriptions heights and ages. You see boys running about playing tig whilst the girls and doing something with a rope strung between two of them and a third jumping over the top. Market vendors hawk at you as you walk through the city trying to sell you some stuff, most of which looks tacky, but every now and then something glints and catches your eye.

    The buildings look to be mostly wood but the bigger buildings which are obviously more expensive are starting to be clad in stone. The only true stone building in the city is more like a marbelite structure, but it has veins of pink and purple running through it. Massive pillars hold up balconies and arches are spread throughout looking like something out of elfish legend. The windows have glass in not hide skins as some of the buildings in the city have and there are even rich purple curtains in most windows. Whatever people may say about the royal family, they will never say they are poor. It is of course the royal residence and where you have been requested. Your meeting is at mid-day after Prince Saech has finished the latest convening of his fatherís council.

    The massive wrought iron gate is flanked by a pair of elite guards dressed all in black trimmed with crimson. They do not move and allow you access as you walk past and through.

    {{There is about a half hour till the meeting, role-play meeting each other, talking to the guards anything. You can do your walk through the city as well if you wish}}

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Steve arrives first. Finding himself in the antechamber with nothing to do, he takes a seat at a table laid out with a chess board and begins experimenting with a new opening he's trying to master.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Elora had made the promise to the prince, but despised the thought of entering the capital. The stone roads and oppressive walls of buildings made her uncomfortable. She walked to the edge of her beloved forest and headed through the pastures and farms to the capital. She looks out of place, but walks confidently through the town; women avoid her generally, pointing at her back and whispering. Occasionally, men gaze at her transfixed by her cold blue eyes.

    She arrives at the home of the prince and enters quickly; a bird which had been circling the area lands on her shoulder just as she enters--a majestic, if small, eagle. Her hand goes to pat the eagle on its head and she asks it, "Ready?"

    Once she enters the room with the others, she finds a nice corner to sit in and practices tricks with the bird.

    The others in the room notices the young woman is quite beautiful, though dingily dressed. Her long white-blond hair is unkempt and falls past her shoulders. Her skin is pale but dirty. Her eyes are a penetrating clear blue and it is hard to see anything but her eyes.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Drenzen feels ill at ease today, possibly rightfully so. The price has a scheme going on, and those usually justify him being ill at ease... even more so when the man keeps it a secret. What makes things worse is that Drenzen has been on a week long rest because the prince said "You'll need it." Although he doesn't like to delegate his duties, the short reprieve was a nice chance to catch up on a few things with some locals he can't usually waste time with. Now that was at and end and Drenzen will finally be able to see what the prince is coming up with.

    Leaving most of his weaponry with his horse at the stable, Drenzen approaches the royal residence with just a spear and his armor. Most of his clothing is dull gray or brown except for his cloak, a dark green cloak with red trimming, the uniform piece of the King's Spears mounted bodyguards. He walks down the street from where he was staying, salutes the guards as he passes by them and goes into the palace.

    Drenzen leans up against the wall next to the council chamber door, his spearhead making a small clink as it hits the stone. He takes a quick look at the two that have already arrived. Chess player. Possibly a decent match. Woman training an eagle inside of a building... interesting. Making a quick assumption of why Elora would be there, he turns to her and asks, "So you would be the woman the prince sneaks out to see?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Worl had been up, as usual, since the early morning. He sat in the inner courtyard of the temple, meditating on the mission ahead of him. Map the island and see what's out there. That's a good job. Needs doing, and sounds interesting. Wonder who else is going? Saech will pick good people. This is going to be fun.

    He sat in the sun, absorbing the light of Ra until almost noon. Sighing, he stretched his arms high and faced the full glare for a moment. Time to go. Carefully checking over his clothing for cleanliness, he straightened his holy symbol and walked the short distance from the temple grounds to the palace. He left his armor and weapons in the temple.

    "Good day, guardsmen!," called Worl as he approached the gates. "How goes it for you this fine day?" The cleric chatted with the guards for a few minutes, trying to gauge their level of tension, but he soon moved inside to the meeting rooms. Spotting the others who had arrived, he nodded at Drenzen and Elora and went to sit with Steve.

    He declined to play with a laugh. "Now, Steve, you know you can whip me at chess. Don't even ask. Do you know anything more about this job?"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    "Might I suggest that you should pay less attenion to the gossip at court, Sir Drenzen. We both know what that is worth." Dante said as he strode into the room. He was a tall man if on the lean side. His clothes are well made but plain. The only adornment on him is the royal crest over his left breast. He kept his jet black hair cut short and well groomed. Small clerks glasses were worn before his dark brown eyes. A the momment those are flicking from Drezen to the person playing chess. Hoping that Drenzen would take the hint. "If one that did not know you well heard such speech they might wonder of your loyalty."

    With that he turned to the others and gave the a comforting smile. "Thank you for coming. The prince will be a while yet but a small snack and some drinks are on their way. Please make yourselves at ease. Madam, Would your eagle wish something to eat? I can have kitchen bring up so strips of meat if you wish."
    Last edited by Turbit; 2008-01-27 at 05:21 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Drenzen gives an annoyed but amused shake of his head as Dante smooths over his question with pleasantries. Dante seems to have a way with occasionally annoying Drenzen. In fact, Drenzen is pretty much certain that the information about the prince sneaking off, and how damned long he's been going unnoticed, came from him one way or the other. Either Drenzen is about to punch him or he's doing his job better than could be expected.

    Regaining his usual focus, he turns to Dante and asks, "Well I don't suppose you have any information on this plan of his? He's been keeping all of the Spears and especially me in the dark about it."

    Then realizing that Dante was hinting that he should be talking gracefully and nobly, he apologizes to Elora.

    "I must apologize for being so forward. It's my job to make sure the prince doesn't get in over his head in danger."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    The double doors to the antechamber come gliding open, and out steps a man. A rather tall man with a bald patch on the top, he's dressed as a butler with a black suit and hat under his arm. Noticing the group he walks over and intone's

    "The Prince will see you now.

    I would tread carefully his father is feeling worse for wear and the council meeting didn't break up with good will towards everyone there."


    As he turns around you see a name tag on his left lapel entitled "Jeeves" and he strides back up to the door to wait for you. Once you follow he leads you down a thickly carpeted and well ordered hall way with pictures on the walls at regular intervals which all seem to be aristocratic people with a fairly boring air about them. All posing in one way, you assume the royal family.

    He stands ouside a thick oak door and knocks politley. A deep voice you all recognise as Seachs answers

    "Enter"

    And walking in you see him in a richly appointed study. Oak bookcases lined with leatherbacked books behind him and he is on a formally rich chair behind a massive teak and polished table.

    "Welcome friends. I would have some formal speech prepared but basically im too run down to do so. There is not much time left and ill give you the basic facts. Up on what we class as the border there have been sightings of 'things'. They look like humans crossed with dogs which then bred with goblins. Castle Ormek has sent out patrols that have never returned and what was once a mighty empire is stagnating. I want you to go up there, and fully map everything out. So we can find any mines or minerally rich deposits, any other people settled here we can trade with and just information as much as you can get. I give you one chance and one only here, if you want out say so now. I do not pretend this will be a walk in the park for any of you. I would accompany you but i am needed here, i know each of you individually and well and know you are all up to this task."

    With this he leans back and a comfortable glint that you are all used to seeing settles into his eye and a faint smile creases his handsome face.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    "Does the prince really have to sneak anywhere?" Elora responds to the man in metal without looking up.

    When beckoned, Elora taps her shoulder and the eagle hops from the ground to her knee and then to her shoulder, facing backwards. Elora stands and walks down the hallway into the study. She looks around and reaches out to touch the shelves; the warmth of the formerly living material pleases her. Even once cut from the ground, wood is never cold to the touch the way stone or metal are.

    Elora appears distracted by the shelves during the speech, but she promptly answers back to the prince when he is finished, "Do you have a way for us to communicate back to you?" Her words affirm she plans to go on this expedition.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Steve responds in a rapid monologue, "I mean no offense, my Prince, but if the patrols have not returned... then we do not know what we may be up against. If it were coming from anyone else, I would assume this was a suicide mission. What gives you confidence that we will succeed? Do you have other information which, for good reasons no doubt, you cannot share? Yes, that must be it. I'm in."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    The prince turns his steely blue eyes on Steve.

    "The main reason why the patrols failed, is dissension. Those who support the court's side against my father are arguing that we should never have left the old land. That we should never have sailed to this island. I know you all personally and i believe that this will not be the case with this group. If it is, then that is most unfortunate for yourselves because it is your lives, not mine."

    Turning his gaze to Elora she sees the familiar smile directed at her and herself alone,

    "Well I wouldn't send you out there without something now then would I?"

    He leans down and opens a drawer pulling out a fist sized blue crystal. He hands this to Worl.

    "The power of the Sun God is infused into this crystal they work as pairs, whatever you say into this will be repeated in the other. I hold the other and have it normally set so only i can hear it. You must think your thoughts into it as well as how loud you wish them to come out and how loud it will be speaking back to you."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Dante shrugged his shoulders at Drenzen but the enterence of the servant stopped him from saying more. He followed the servant to the study.

    As the Prince spoke he watch the response of the other. carefull noting thier reactions. To what the Prince had just said Dante merely shook his head before readjusting his glasses. "My answer hasn't change since I first said it, M'Lord. The Jerkins boys will handle your schuduel well enough and I have left the other matters in capable hands."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Drenzen listens to the prince's plan and the objections and thoughts given by the others in silence, thinking them over in his head. He finally says to the man, "This is all well and good, but it still leaves you a man behind on your guard. The roads are perilous with predators, maybe caused by these wolf-monsters you describe. I assume you've already picked out someone to fill in while I'm gone?"

    Drenzen then softens his expression and gives a sly grin.

    "I'll assume you've already thought of any other objections and have found ways to convince us otherwise."
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2008-01-28 at 03:17 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show


    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

    Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl's normally sunny expression turned grim as his prince spoke of the dog-monsters. For a moment, memories of the last sight of his parents clouded his vision.

    He leaped up in frustration. "It's stupid to waste time with 'woulda coulda shoulda.' We're here now. I knew there were whiners, but I didn't think it was this bad. Blessed Ra, shed some light on these idiots!" The priest folded his arms and glared in the direction of the council chamber.

    Suddenly realizing he had been asked a question, Worl relaxed his angry stance and smiled at his friend. "Of course I will go on this mission, my prince. It's a good thing, and it'll help us all to live in peace and prosperity! As far as dissension, I don't think that will be a big problem. I love you like a brother, and I think that goes for everyone else here too."

    With a sweeping gesture, Worl waved at the others in the room. As his eyes met Elora, a blush slowly spread over his face, eventually turning his ears an interesting shade of crimson. "Ah, er, yes, everyone ... friends ... work together ... sitting down now" With an embarrassed thump, he dropped into the nearest chair.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    The prince sweeps his gaze across all of you, his gaze lingering on Elora's a moment longer than the rest.

    "Very well assuming there are no more complaints or questions, you are free to leave. I want a report when you reach Castle Ormek, or earlier if anything catches your attention, remember this area has only be roughly mapped and we don't tend to stray too far off the beaten paths, so call in earlier if you find something that looks intresting"


    [[If none of you mind a fastforward we'll go straight to the first intresting thing, if you do ignore everything below and we'll go with what you want]]

    Sun and landscape passes by for a few day's with absolutley nothing of intrest or note. You pass a few travellers all bound in the opposite direction and after nodding your heads and smiling at each other they are forgotten when it comes to the end of the night. However when you come to within 10 miles of Wornach and are about to start the northward leg of your journey, you spot a stack of smoke raising its way into the sky directly north of your position. From the city it would be hidden by a ridge of hills but from where you are it looks to be about 20-25 miles, and if what Elora remembers is right, it is in the middle of some form of woodland.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Elora had been drifting on and off the path; the hard road is good for booted feet, shoed horses and carts, but the soft grasses on the side of the road were more pleasant to her. Her eagle is perched on her shoulder for most of the day but takes the occassional flight, especially to catch a small creature or even to play in the updrafts of the warm days. The bird calls out and returns suddenly to Elora, drawing her eye to the black smoke rising in the north.

    A familiar feeling of fear and dread comes over Elora and for a moment she looks quite sad.

    "Worl, it might be a good time to notify the prince. There's a large fire in the forests north of Wornach." Elora's face maintains a look of concern.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Steve squints at the smoke, trying to gauge the size of the fire. He also tries to recall the recent weather and assess whether a naturally occurring forest fire is likely.

    (OOC: size of the fire meaning "small campfire" versus "huge bonfire" versus "OMGEVACUATE!", for example)

    Rolls, if needed:
    Spot: (1d20+5)[18]
    Knowledge (nature): (1d20+5)[16]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Dante grimaces at the sight of the smoke.He had hope that the situation was a product of the council's scheme but this didn't look like something they'd do. Shrugging off his doubt he drew one of his long knives before looking back at the others. "I think we'd best be alert friends. I doubt that smoke is a welcoming bonfire. Elora, you'd probably know this area best. What's in that general area?"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Quote Originally Posted by oliana0 View Post

    "Worl, it might be a good time to notify the prince. There's a large fire in the forests north of Wornach." Elora's face maintains a look of concern.
    "Yeah, you're right. First let's see what we can find out from here, and then I'll make a report. What can you sense of the forest, Elora? You're much better at it than I am." Worl stared at the sky for a moment, and then turned in a slow circle, looking for any other odd happenings.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless a Survival +4 check will do something, Worl's got nothing but the Mk1 eyeball and common sense to help with this. Spot +1, Search +3, and Listen +3 are all untrained.


    [I have no problem with zipping ahead, but I had some housekeeping issues I'll cover in the OOC thread.]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Micheal

    Micheal was very quiet during the meeting knowing his duty was needed and wanting to have his first real adventure instead of being couped up in a castle. Micheal wears the same uniform as Drenzen, except for one differences instead of a spears on his chest, there is a shield with a picture of a hawk with 2 swords crossed behind it.
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-01-30 at 09:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Okay, what can Elora know? The area is a wooded area north of Wornach, there is a forest surroudning Wornach. What time of year is it? Are forest fires common in this time of year? Has it been dry? Windy?

    survival - (1d20+7)[9]
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    Elora knows that in this particular forest live mainly doe and deer and many varaities of wild plants and smaller animals. If her eagle happens to be about with her, she gets a strong strong feeling of horror from it through her empathic link.

    To your memory the recent weather has been fairly hot, but it has rained nearly once in every 3 days, infact it rained 2 days ago, and it was a fairly substantial downpour which happened.

    Worl sees atop a hill close to the wood which appaears to be a fire what would seem to be a blood red flag flying atop a flagpole. {{Dang nat 20 on what i rolled for you :)}}

    It is currently around spring just coming into summer, and the wind at this current time is not all that substantial. Not even enough to barely rustle the branches of some of the taller trees.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl pointed at the hill top and asked the others, "Hey, does that look like a flag to you?" He then turned and took a good grip on Donk's reins, just in case.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-01-30 at 01:04 PM. Reason: grammar & spelling

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Elora considers the situation and the weather recently and replies, "It's a good forest, lots of animals, no settlements. I would suspect that fire is not a natural forest fire. The weather recently has not been too dry or windy. And I just feel like it is being burnt maliciously.

    "We are a day's walk away from it now, if we are not slowed by hunting. I would like to get there quickly. Are any of you opposed to extending our walking time today to arrive there without stopping?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC: What time of day is it. How long have we been walking? Do you play by the Forced March rules?
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-01-30 at 02:12 PM. Reason: the color purple, except green
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    Its roughly 11 o clock in the morning.

    You could turn up as fast as you can push yourselves, forced march i play with yes, specially with the monsters.

    You set off at about 9am this morning only been walking for a couple of hours.

    Now that Worl points out the fluttering pennant you can all make it out and as soon as Elora's eagle looks at it, Elora feels a feeling of dread and horror permeate her through the eagles empathic link.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Micheal
    Spoiler
    Show
    if I can make a knowledge nobility I will

    nobility(1d20+8)[26]



    Micheal looks at the flag trying to think of who the banner belongs to. He scratches his head and saysThats strange in all my study I have never seen a herald as that one. In my opinion whatever banner it is, the owner is not human, or from are parts
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-01-31 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    It would appear that you have not seen this banner at court before. Ever. Infact you don't even know of a single human noble that uses this red background with two crossed swords against an upraised mailed fist.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Unease began filling Dante. Fire now seem unlikely to have bin started naturally and now this flag. "I think it would be best if we exercise caution in this, Friends. I might suggest that those of us that can move without being noticed should scout ahead to see what we face. I am able to do this myself but I would welcome company."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Micheal

    who ever goes to scout better have send a signal if any enemys of the crown are near.
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl glared at the discomfiting flag and declared, "We need to go look at that hilltop. We need to get there as quickly as we can. I'm not going to let some other family be burned out of their homes if I can help it!"

    Worl looked around at the others, looked at the distance they had to travel, looked at Donk and Butterscotch, and said, "Right. We need to be smart about this. Scouts. Well, not me, that's for sure. But Sir Mickyle's right, the scout needs to have a signal or something in case of trouble. I don't have a useful spell for that, and I didn't bring a whistle, so I hope somebody else has a good idea."

    The priest shrugged, trusting that somebody, probably the ever-dependable Dante, would have a solution. "Plus, I'm worried that whoever scouts might get separated from the group. Whatever happens, I figure it's going to be well after dark before we get within a mile of that flagpole, unless Sir Mickyle can go faster."

    Worl turned to Donk and rummaged in the packs for a while, emerging with a feed bag and waterskin. Loosely tying Donk's halter to a nearby bush, Worl fed the mule and then composed his mind for the communique.

    Let's see how this works. Think and then talk, right. I want it at normal volume at both ends. Okay, so just talk to the rock... Clearing his throat, Worl spoke slowly in a slightly stilted voice, "Ah, Prince Saech, this is Worl with a report from the mapping party. We're about one half day's travel from Wornach and we've spotted a major fire in the woods to the north, about a day's travel north of the road. Ah, there's a flag on a hilltop, near the fire. Nobody here recognizes the flag. We're going to go check it out. Oh, uh, the flag is red with a mailed fist over crossed swords. Uh, did you get that?"

    Worl waited, feeling a little embarrassed to be talking to a rock (even if it was a magic rock), to hear if his prince had a response.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-02-01 at 12:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •