Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 60 of 60
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Steve chimes in, "Oh! I brought a whistle.". He pulls on a cord necklace, that had been completely obscured by his cloak, and reveals a simple wooden whistle.

    He continues, "Dante can take this. I think he's the only one here with any real skill as a scout.

    "Since the flag is many hours away, I suggest that we continue to travel together for awhile--and bring the donkey. If Dante gets that far ahead, we won't be any help if he's discovered. A forced march may leave us fatigued and in no condition to face whatever challenges may be ahead. I suggest we travel as far as we can today and make camp for the night. Tomorrow we can close the rest of the distance, refreshed and alert.

    "Once we get with a half mile or so, Dante can reconnoiter and see what there is to see. Perhaps he can keep some short distance ahead of us throughout our travels though. If the owner's of that flag are unfriendly and have scouts of their own, it would be good if we can spot them before they can spot us.

    "Speaking of which... Elora, can that eagle of yours fly circle above us and alert us if anyone approaches?"

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    "She could, but that would be kind of noticeable. Travelling through the woods, she would do better to move from tree to tree, and not circle above us. Out here in the open, it would make her a target, unless there were other birds around."
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    Some crackling travels through the crystal to your ears and a voice replies just at above a whisper, which you all recognise as Saechs immediatley

    "Do you really need to bellow into my ears? These things are sensative you know. Anyway sorry about the time lag reply I only just got out of a meeting with the council, and they all heard you. So yeah, the consensus is that you go and investigate, no noble recognises this banner or flag, but one did mention about it being seen on some of the monsters shields near Ormek. So proceed, but with all caution. Report back in when you know whats happening there, end of tomorrow at the latest or im going to come looking for you."

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Quote Originally Posted by stimpius View Post
    DM
    "Do you really need to bellow into my ears? These things are sensative you know. "
    "No, your highness, I didn't know," grumbled Worl in an irritated whisper. "I hope this is better." He waited for a few seconds to hear if there were any more complaints, and then continued, "We'll go up there and look around. We should be on the move again in a quarter hour or so. Ah, goodbye?" Worl glared at the crystal for a few more minutes, waiting for any further instructions.

    Once he was certain the messaging was done, he carefully returned the stone to its wrappings and replaced it in his pouch. Standing up, he dusted off the seat of his pants and walked over to where Donk was finishing lunch. Worl rubbed the mule between its ears and looked over at Drenzen. "So, King's Spear, any suggestions? On the one hand, I don't want to push Donk here past his endurance, but on the other hand I don't want to sit on my duff and drink tea while someone's home burns down. An' I really don't think its a good idea to camp in the path of a forest fire, so if we could figure out which way that fire was moving that would be a good thing. I didn't pray for any water spells today, and I'd rather not be burned to a crisp." While waiting for a plan to form, he put away the feed bag and water and offered Donk an apple.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    A voice comes cascading back across the crystal, rather quietly

    "Yes well now you do. Also about that banner one of the men says he remembers something like it near the castle, but can't remember what exactly. It would appear that you will need to go looking but be careful. I want you to report back in when your done investigating and not before. There will be a pair of fire control squads there from the city by mid day tomorrow - be ready for them if theres anything wrong."


    With that the crystal goes dead.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    "Well there we have it. We have till midday tomorrow to find out about what's happening. I would suggest we get moving so as to get there in time. We can talk further while were moving." With that Dante adjusted his pack on his back, turned and began to walk toward the smoke.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    "Then we hurry today." Elora looks pleased with the decision.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    "Yes, let's go!" Worl wrapped Donk's lead over his arm and began to move after Dante. "Elora, do you have any suggestions on helping Donk? I don't really know what I'm doing here." Worl's face flamed red, but he plowed on, determined to make his point. "I mean, I do know what I'm doing in the service of Ra, but I'm not too up on what to do with a mule. Feed the mule, water the mule, brush the mule ... am I missing anything here?" The young priest walked on, steadfastly not looking at Elora as the blush slowly ebbed from his face.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    Knowing the pace to set and trudging along playfully passing banter with each other or loosing yourself in your own thoughts, much of the journey looks the same. The same wavy greens and browns of the grasses stroking the calf muscles as you trudge through them and night sets on, and the wind whistles through your hair as early evening comes around.

    The smell of woodsmoke gets heavy and heavy in the air and you see the large black roiling cloud overhead, turning a corner in the trees as you reach a tree line, you find a sight that horrifies all of your eyes, especially Elora's.

    There is a HUGE space been cleared in the forest you can see it extends at least 2 miles back roughly and about 1 and a half across, all the trees are in a massive pile in the centre being burnt on a massive bonfire. There are trees that would be hundreds of years old with their limbs now sloping down and burning away, you can hear sap popping inside and leaves burning to a crisp and floating away on the air with the ashes. What has struck Elora dumb now strikes you all, every single kind of animal you could imagine lays slaughtered around the fire, limbs and entrails galore most spread into grotesque wierd shapes.

    What surrounds this is what is creepier, there are 4 or 5, what you would call human's, except 4 are bone white, dressed in silver robes dancing around the fifth chanting and gesticulating. The fifth is dressed in a golden robe with a sceptre in its hands, and looking up it see's you. It has no normal eyes but they are a deep bloodshot red and they stare hungrily at you.

    Initiatives please; there are 5 'things' roughly 200 feet away now.

    To Elora

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will Save please m'dear

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    "Dante, what kind of scout are you?", Steve says. "We're approaching through a forest, which means there's plenty of opportunity for concealment. On top of that, those... those... well, whatever those things are--they're near a gigantic bonfire which means their night-vision is shot and all that crackling has got to practically deafen them to boot, and you can't alert us about them until we're on top of them?"

    Steve scowls, while peering at the creatures, trying to see if recall anything about such creatures from the many tomes he has studied (OOC: I'm not sure about the Type of these creatures, so I'm not sure which Knowledge skill to roll here. DM?).

    Initiative: (1d20+7)[24]

    On his first action, Steve moves behind the nearest large tree in order to gain some cover and/or concealment and casts Mage Armor. If the nearest large tree is with 5', Steve also loads his light crossbow.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Elora politely educates Worl on the proper way to keep a mule happy to participate. She's glad he asked, because the mule had been packed unevenly which might have worn out the mule and possibly injured it. She also pets the mule and makes friends with it.

    When the group arrives at the bonfire, Elora is horrified, "My goodness."

    Spoiler
    Show

    WildEmpathy - (1d20+4)[5]
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[3]
    Will - (1d20+5)[17]
    Glad I rolled the Will last!
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-02-05 at 07:12 PM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Initiative: (d20+2)[6]

    Blessed Ra, shine your light on us in this our hour of darkness. Let not the smoke of these unholy fires cloud our vision.

    Worl quickly wrapped Donk's reins around the nearest branch, hoping that would slow the mule's headlong rush away. He pulled out his crossbow and checked the load while he stared at the creatures, hoping for understanding.

    Knowledge(religion): (d20+4)[17]
    Knowledge(arcana): (d20+2)[5]

    Does Worl recognize these creatures? Undead? Extraplanar? Something else?

    OOC: Clarification, please: is it still daylight? By my calculations 11 am + 7 hrs = 6 pm, so it should be, but...
    Also, can we travel with crossbows loaded?

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    "What type of idiot keep following the scout when they near their objective?" Dante hissed, "Now shut up before they notice us." He drew his other long Knife and stepped back in to the darker shadows allowing them to envelope him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initative:(1d20+3)[10]

    Hide:(1d20+6)[14]

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    {{Two things; first waiting on Drezen. Second please post 2 rounds of actions. First IC second in the OOC so i can do two rounds but adapt your actions as needed for the second round}}

    Looking closer at the creatures they all look human, but bone white, almost as if they have been kept indoors for way too long. Worl recognises the spell that appears to being weaved as some form of summoning spell, to a god called Set or Seth or something along those lines, exactly what he is unsure about.

    They seem to have noticed the group, except Turbit, the 4 outer ones seem unperterbed but the fith, moves out of the group and walks slowly towards you in a shuffling gambit his red eyes piercing you all the time.

    Elora feels nothing at all is still living from the natural forest around her, and is lucky to have overcome the immense feeling of dread which passed through her.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    de-trick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    where dreams are made
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Sir Micheal
    and so it begins...
    First he will un lock his guantlet so able to grab sword later

    He will charge going 190ft and attacking the robed figure(got to get the caster)
    When in range to dectect evil will do it if evil Smite it
    inititive(1d20+1)[14]

    (1d20+6)[14] if evil +3
    (1d8+3)[8]x2 +1 if evil
    Spoiler
    Show

    sig by Bitzeralisis

    Old Avatar by Simius

    new Avatar by Qwernt


    Tiger Paladin of HALO

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Elora stands, frozen in her gaze as an uneasy feeling nearly overcomes her, but she manages to shake it off, but not before the paladin and everyone else has a chance to react to the situation.

    Deciding quickly she shoes away the eagle who alights and moves away from the group into the woods, and moves with the rest of the party towards the party of foul creatures.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move with group. Get no closer than 30' of the creatures before changing actions as specified in OOC.

    EagleHide - (1d20+3)[18] Good golly I hope there's a bird in forest hide modifier.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Worl gulped and said to the others, as quietly as his nerves would allow, "I think they're human, and they're summoning something for Set. There's a lot of death here. We need to distract them --" Suddenly realizing that Sir Mickyle had kicked his horse into a charge, Worl continued in a slightly louder voice, "Or we could just throw Mike at them. That'll work."

    Crossbow in hand, Worl ran towards the golden robed creature, fervently thinking, "Don't hit the paladin. Don't hit the paladin. Blessed Ra, please don't let me hit your paladin in the butt with a crossbow bolt. Unless, of course, you want me to.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-02-06 at 11:21 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    OOC: The second action that you wanted.

    IC: Dante cursed undr his breath at the armed fools impetuence. Ducking low he move as quickly as he can with out giving away his position. He tries to stay in te shadow as much as possible as he circles the enemy group so he can take them from behind.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dante takes 2 move actions for 60ft. Circling around the right of the enemy.
    Move Silently: (1d20+6)[9]
    Another hide check if needed: (1d20+6)[23]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    Steve responding faster than anyone could even anticipate runs behind a tree close by and casts a spell on himself, it takes the form of a slightly shimmering blue cover, covering all his clothes. He sees religious symbols covering the golden robe yet the priest of Ra could make nothing of them, only the name Set seems to ring bells, perhaps if he wracked his brain.

    The 'human' with red eyes walks out to about 75 foot away from the group, spots who he believes to be most deadly, then changes his mind as soon as he notices Sir Mickyle Branson on horseback. Levelling his hand at the paladin he says

    "Your kind is an abomination to my lord, you will make a good sacrifice"

    then a small purple missle appears on his fingertips oscilliates and then flies full force smack bang into the middle of his chest.

    The other 4 continue their chant and the darkness seems to start to gather around a central point.

    Sir Mickyle Branson spurs his warhorse forwards and casting detect evil all 5 come back as very very evil, but so intent is he on checking the other four out as he levels his lance to strike at the golden robed figure he didn't seem to place it right and the lance seems to go over his shoulder as if pushed away by some invisible shield.

    Dante steps backwards into the shadows close by and seems to vanish from sight, everyone was watching the other figures and the shadows of the trees seem to want to take him in futher than normal as if hiding him from the 5 'humans'.

    Worl finally realising that the paladin has gone off on a headlong charge rushes after him stopping when he gets to about 40 foot away and readies his crossbow for an attack.

    Elora moves to follow Worl after sending her eagle to hide, she gets an empathic feeling back of extreme safety and comfort, then noticing her surroundings stops and readies her quarter staff to charge in shortly about 10 feet infornt of Worl.

    Drenzen almost coming out of a trance and finally realising the rest of the party has moved charges his horse forward turns as he comes to within about 30 foot of the paladin and golden robed figure and throws a spear which hits.....


    Nothing. His shot was so bad the spear flew out of his hand and shattered mid flight.

    --------------

    Steve noticing his friends in trouble moves forward and casts enlarge person on Sir Mickyle Branson, hoping this would give him an edge in the fight with the golden caster now.

    The caster responds in kind, gesturing towards Sir Mickyle Branson again and instead of a purple missle, this time a smal green orb comes flying from his hand and seems to somehow hit his now enlarged frame, as if he can't dodge out of the way in time.

    The other 4 caster's now move in and surround the shadow, linking hands a green pulse passes around all four of them and then they are thrown 15 feet backwards and to the floor as the shadow spins, and starts to slow down as if it is about to form a black window into another world.

    Sir Mickyle Branson, vaults from his horse whilst grasping his bastard sword in two hands and brings it crashing down onto the head of the golden robed magi, yet he hits him and seems to only open a cut up along his shoulder, as if all the effort went into hitting the enemy.

    Dante sneaks silently along and around the enemy till he is directly flanking the golden robed magi and two of the others.

    Worl runs past the fighting opponents, and as they seem to have moved back towards the party a little as he gets past them, he looses a bolt at one of the downed summoners, on the opposite side to Dante, nailing him right in the forehead and as the bolt comes out the other side you see no blood but a huge pink brain comes sliding out. {{Gotta love 3 20's in a row for an attack roll.}}

    Elora cast's a spell upon her quarterstaff turning it green and shimmering and pulsating with magical energy and potential.

    Drenzen decides to play it safe and drawing another spear throws it with all his might impaling the second summoner next to the one Worl nailed and pinning it to the ground, it twitches once or twice but that is all.

    {{Sorry for th eslow reply i couldnt get on yesterday at all, remember 1 action IC here - another in the OOC thread so that i can adapt as needed. And yes it is still day time, although the sun is starting to sink in the sky now. }}

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    To his companions, Steve says, "Try not to kill them all--we're definitely going to need some questions answered!".

    Steve watches all the magic flying from these magi and tries to understand the cosmic forces at work, and fires a crossbow bolt at whichever magi he can get a clear shot at. Steve tries to maintain a safe distance from the fighting, and reloads his crossbow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC details:

    Steve prefers to shoot the magi in the golden robes, if he can get a clear shot. If not, he readies an action to shoot at whichever of the other magi stands up first and he has a clear shot at.

    Crossbow attack roll: (1d20+3)[12](15)
    Damage, if needed: (1d8)[7]

    Spellcraft checks to identify the spells:

    the small purple missile: (1d20+8)[18]
    the small green orb: (1d20+8)[20]
    the green pulse and black window: (1d20+8)[25]

    He gets an extra +2 on anything from the Transmutation school.

    Was Steve able to identify these human-like-but-white-as-bone creatures using a Knowledge skill check?

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Dante drops into a low crouch before charging toward the golden robed enemy. As he reaches the his enemy he thrust one of his long knives at the robed enemy, hoping to bury it deep in him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20)[1]
    Comfrimation(if needed): (1d20)[5]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Sneak attack damage (If needed): (1d6)[6]


    After striking at his opponent he calls to his friends. "We need to take one alive so don't kill them all."

    OOC: Dante will use a full attack against his current opponent if it's still there other wise he'll move onto the next nearest.

    edit: Ouch
    Last edited by Turbit; 2008-02-08 at 01:23 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Seeing that the main 'bad guy' was surrounded, and knowing that the magic was beyond her, Elora concentrated on the henchmen.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move into melee range and attack the nearest henchman that is still standing.

    Since I don't know how far Elora is from anything, or where people are situated, I don't know to roll. Elora has +3 to attack and 1d6+4 to damage with the quarterstaff. She uses the quarterstaff as a two-handed weapon, but only uses one end.

    Next round: Same thing, unless drastic something changes.
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-02-08 at 04:27 PM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Feeling both triumphant and a little queasy at the decerebration effect of his first crossbow bolt, Worl looked around. He was certain of two things: whatever these creatures were summoning was not something he wanted to see, and this guy in golden robes needed to be quashed.

    Worl reached into his pouch and pulled out three sling stones. "Holy Ra, please put your power into these stones so that they might crush your enemies. Help my aim to be true." [casting Magic Stone] He carefully slipped the enchanted pebbles into a handy pocket ready for use, and then reloaded his crossbow.

    He had turned so as to be able to watch both the ember-eyed opponent and the tower of darkness. The spell seemed to be progressing even without the caster's assistance. Remembering he had a flask of holy water, Worl searched his brain for any way to disrupt the spell before the summoning was complete.

    Spellcraft: (d20+2)[13]
    Knowledge (religion) (d20+4)[18]

    Insert: Suddenly he noticed the entrails and corpses seemed to be arranged in a specific pattern. "Ra save us! It's a summoning circle!" Worl shouted, as he moved towards the circle at his best possible speed.

    Edit: Please forgive me if I have stepped over the line, but what with having to steal time to read the posts between shuttling children about I completely missed an important point until I went back and read the DM's post again. (Doh!) Having done so, I beg permission to edit my original post as indicated by strikeouts and insertions. I will, of course, abide by my original post if you so rule, and with no whining, neither.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-02-08 at 09:03 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    {{Just one round - because something happens and seen as people said if something major they want to change what they had - so looks like you will have to. Sorry folks. }}

    Steve not able to get a clear shot becuase of the mellee swirling around the golden robed figure, instead looks over the spells and decides to attack one of the two remaining henchman, piercing his leg with a crosbow bolt and watching a fairly large amount of blood pump out and onto the floor, obviously having the henchman bleed to death. It seems as if the spells were a magic missle, and a minor acid orb.

    The caster noticing 3 of his 4 useless seeming henchmen drop, steps back 15 feet and releases a handfull of coloured sand at the paladin, having swirling patterns jump through the sand and into his eyes {{I rolled your save - nat 2 fails. Sorry. }}

    The final henchmen decides that this fight looks much too tough for him, but instead of running away he pulls from beneath his robes, a small spiked star of some description which he throws full force hitting Steve in the arm, causing a spasm of pain to cross his face and then subside as the star drops from his arm. {{Rolled a 19 for the save :D}}

    Sir Mickyle Branson, snores.

    Dante charges into melle standing over the paladins body, seems to slip and almost impales himself with his own knife, completley missing the robed figure.

    Worl stares at the portal fully realising what it is and imbues the power of his god into some stones. He recognises Set as a god of great evil and assumes therefore holy water must somehow affect whatever in the 900 hells that are commanded by Set is going to come through will get hurt by it.

    Elora staff gripped tightly in hand goes rushing full speed into the final henchmen and smacking him as hard as she can across the head he crumples to the ground as if hit by a giant not a druid.

    Drenzen seeing his spears have had no effect against the robed figure, decides its time to try a different tactic. He wheels the horse slightly, dismounts and draws a spear as he goes before throwing it full force at the portal, just as the spear hits......

    The centre of the portal collates. The swirling purple blackness condensces on a single point and from within steps a hideous figure. Well you actually assume it would be hideous but you can see nothing of it, so cloaked in shadows it is. The haft of Drenzen's spear is visible in its shoulder, and it lets out a terrifying roar.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Damage; Steve 1. Everyone else; nothing.
    Okay - actions now and info in the OOC thread as well, going to need to have a willsave as well please boys and girls.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Worl continued to move forward towards the circle. He knew he must disrupt the spell, and could only hope that his limited abilities would be enough. "Holy Ra, guide me!," he prayed as he rushed to the swirling darkness, "Shine your light upon me, O great one, that I might succeed." At the edge of the pattern*, he let his crossbow fall and brandished the holy sunbeam of Ra at the swirling darkness. "Begone! By the power of Ra, I pronounce you banished back from whence you came. Let the Light of Ra burn you! Let the power of the Great God destroy you! Let the One who will shine His light upon the world pierce the darkness! Begone, I say, begone!"

    * OOC: or however close he could come at normal movement

    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Turn Undead: (d20+1)[12]
    (sun domain granted power)

    Will save: (d20+5)[21]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Just before that thing comes through the gate, Steve muses out loud, "You know, Worl, focusing your positive spiritual energy just might disrupt that gateway...".

    Will save: (1d20+5)[17]

    Steve, apparently a little slow today, suddenly has a flash of insight. He rapidly once again takes in the scene at hand, and acts accordingly:

    If the creature appears to still be in the gate,
    Spoiler
    Show

    Steve shouts to Worl, "Focus your positive holy energy into the portal. It might cause it to collapse--and take that foul creature along with it!".

    Since the golden-robed magi has backed away from melee, Steve fires a crossbow bolt at him, then reloads his crossbow.

    Crossbow attack roll: (1d20+3)[4](7)
    Crossbow damage roll: (1d8)[1]


    If, on the other hand, the creature is through the gate, with the gate still open behind it,
    Spoiler
    Show

    Steve shouts to his fellows, "I'm going to try to distract whatever that thing is. Drenzen, try to charge and bull rush it back through the gate with your horse. Worl, focusing the positive energy of Ra into the portal may disrupt it and cause it to close. Get ready to blast it as soon as this foul beast is back where it belongs!"

    Steve moves in range and casts Color Spray to hit the creature, and the remaining magi if possible (Will negates DC 15; exact effects depend on HD of creature).

    (OOC: If I did the math right Drenzen's horse gets a total of +9 on the Strength check for a bull rush (+2 for charge, +4 for size, +3 for horse's strength). I'm not sure if the Color Spray will give the creature any penalties on it's strength check or not, but it will at least prevent attacks of opportunity--if it works)

    If the creature is through the gate, and the gate closed behind it,
    Spoiler
    Show

    Steve curses, and decides to let the more durable types deal with whatever that things is. Since the golden-robed magi has backed away from melee, Steve fires a crossbow bolt at him, then reloads his crossbow.

    (OOC: rolls under first spoiler above)

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    DM

    Can everyone check the OOC thread please, fairly important message there.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Okay boys and girls im back! Lets get these actions in so i can do an update before bed. The trip was brilliant - sorry for making you wait so long.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Elora

    Elora blinks at the monstrousity. She looks around at her companions, briefly and makes a prayer to the gods of earth and sky to protect her land should she fall. She then steps forward to attack the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I like this character too much to see the thread die. Was waiting on a description of how far everything was from everything else, but I guess I just guess.
    Attack +3, 1d6+4 damage, if she is in range.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shadows Across Etouli [Group 2]

    Worl

    Worl stood, hands raised, holy symbol presented. He felt the power of Ra flowing through him, and waited...

    Spoiler
    Show
    So, DM, I know that's four players looking to restart... How 'bout it, huh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •