New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild HQ IC #2

Matthew:
    Well perhaps I was being over theatrical when I said "break in", Zan. We won't break anything. It's a good question though. The reason is that it's not good enough for us to all know the old Doge was assassinated; we need to convince others. There may be some small clue on the body that was over-looked.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-05-10 at 07:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zan bowed his head. "Yeah, I understand, now."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default You called?

Sharn

Sharn walks into the room, with an expressionless look. Apparently he had been standing just outside the door the whole time. He takes a piece of parchment from a pocket and lays it on the table. "The note. Many are the possible reasons why the Doge cannot be raised. While Necromancy is one... perhaps... he feels his time here is over, and does not wish to return. If that is the case, there is a spell that will allow us to speak with him... in a sense. You see, when someone dies, their soul moves on, but an imprint stays behind with the body, in case it is ever called on to return. A priest with enough power can animate the imprint and ask questions to the body, and it will reveal any information it knew in life. I've seen it done before, not very cooperative, rather cryptic in fact. An interesting experience, very fascinating." He pauses and looks about the room. "Though... some find it quite terrifying, or so I've been told."
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

4. - Top - End - #94

Default And that poses... what?

Zan was practically passed out now on the table. Who knew why he was so tired, but he was getting a bit irritable.

"... Can YOU do this?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

The fighter looked with concern unto Zan.
    "Are you alright, Zan? Need some sleep or some spiced cider or something?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    which reminds me, do we have a coffee-analouge during this time frame?

"In regards to spaking with our friend, the Late Doge, access isn't our biggest worry - that spell sounds like could fetch a pretty copper or several. Do we have the funds?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

6. - Top - End - #96

Matthew studies the translation of the note. Written in Elvish and not in Druidic then. Perhaps for the benefit of the clerics of Obad-Hai

Omorna,
    The Broken Mountain erupts again, but this time with an army, not fire. Some devilry is spawning goblins unnaturally. The orcs refuse to do anything about it. The wrath of Obad-Hai shall be swift. I have captured some of the goblins on scouting missions in the woods north of Fishleap Shallows, and they seem to believe they are destined to conquer the Seven Cities of the Great Valley.
    My spies have also just returned from the south. The False Road of Garl has made a pact with those who would manipulate Nature, through which they hope to enslave the Great Valley to themselves in Zarif.
    I know not how the goblins and my reports from the south are related, but I fear time is short. Go quickly to Maghlemuel and if he does not already know of these things, give him this letter, then do as he bids.
    Earth's blessings upon you.
    -Aurelia
    The Broken Mountain ... I wonder if it used to be an active volcano. The city library might have something on that. ... the townsfolk at Fishleap mentioned Orcs too. They gave me the impression that the Orcs are the native population out that way, and keep themselves to themselves. The woods North of Fishleap -- that would be across the river since Fishleap is on the South bank -- that's is my best guess as to where team Adder was when they stepped through the portal created by the "power". it's between Fishleap and the Broken Mountain. "Zarif" is the old name for Bridgeport of course and "Maghlemuel" is the high priest off Obad-Hai here in Bridgeport.

It's a bit confusing but it seems there are multiple factions referred to. The goblins and the "devilry" that is "creating" them and then in Bridgeport the "false Garl".

I wonder if Argos is a follower of Garl.

At any rate it looks like it would be a good idea to get this note to Maghlemuel without delay.

Do we know if the guildhouse is being watched yet?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte

"Probably." Kyte answers in response to Matthew's question about Argos being a follower of Garl - his first words yet in the meeting.

Spoiler
    Show
    For reference, check this post from Badger IC.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-05-11 at 12:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Spoiler
    Show
    You mean "Probably" in answer to, "I wonder if Argos is a follower of Garl."

Matthew:
    What's all this about a "false Garl"?

9. - Top - End - #99

Default What, false gods?

Zan twitched an eye and turned to Matthew.

"Have citizens sunk so far as to create false gods? ...." Sighing and trying to give the friendliest shake of a head to Shiela, Zan tipped up the flask and began chugging. He remained silent and drinking until the flask was empty. When it finally did empty, he capped it in a bit of irritation but seemed to have calmed down a little.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...

Shiela

With a slight delay, Shiela mused over the message and the theories being bandied about.
    "It sounds more straightforward than that," she responded quickly "The letter states "The Flase Road of Garl" Assuming that the Garl in question is, in fact, Garl Glittergold, it may be one of two things.
    One, it could be nothing but mere religious differances. I'm no expert, but these Druids seem to worship Obad-hai, maybe they see Garl Glittergold's church as a "false Church". Would anyone here happen to know if thats the case?"

She pauses for the span of a breath before ocnituing on
    "Two - which I think may be more likely, is simply that these men are not going down Glittergold's path, but a "false Road". There is a high priest en route to Bridgeport to chastise Garl's worshippers which Cougar is making prepeartions to intercept. Reason being, the Head Priest-guy of bridgeport used to be a Cleric of Obad-Hai, but the new Doge replaced him with the Head Gnome in Charge of Garl's churches down here. In other words, the number one guy to get a tongue-lashing.
    This theory suggests that the Druids out there know Bridgeport's worshippers of Garl are straying from the Pah, and are heading down a "False Road".
    We really need to speak to Maghemuel."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #101

Shiela:There is a high priest en route to Bridgeport to chastise Garl's worshippers which Cougar is making prepartions to intercept.
    Matthew:
    How do we know that?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiela

"Bruce didn't say, just 'I have learned Fortugeld intends to sail to Bridgeport in order to chastise followers of Garl for their erring ways'. Thats actually, probably a slight misquote, but he didn't relate how he came upon the intel. Cougar is to intercept and warn him that he may be in danger." the fighter relates in an off-handed manner.
    "So, I guess "we know" becuase Bruce said so... Hey! I rhymed!"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

13. - Top - End - #103

Default At least I'm useful.

Zan sighed and straightened himself in his seat.
    "I have a minor understanding of what's going on, here. However, I'm going to most concern myself to aiding the team. That's what I'm here for, after all. Well, then, with that highlighted, it is my understanding I'm attending the foray into the tomb of the Doge."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Knowledge Religion Check - (1d20+6)[7]

Sharn sifts through his memory attempting to recall any text referencing animosity between the church of Garl and Obad-Hai. But for some reason, he can't seem to focus and is constantly thinking of his old friend Carl.

((OOC: Terrible roll))
    Last edited by Jensik; 2008-05-11 at 09:16 PM.
    It is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

GM of Narutod20's Team 7
    Sharn Vankessel, Cleric of Team Cougar

15. - Top - End - #105

Matthew:
    Hey isn't that new guy -- the gnome who turned up with a spade one day -- Markov, Marko ... Marko Something -- something like that -- isn't he a sailor? I think he came from the Gnomish isles. He might have some useful tips.

16. - Top - End - #106

Default A long shot, yet...

Zan closed his eyes and had his arms crossed, trying to remember something when Matthew suggested that they ask Marko. Though it was an improbable shot due to Boccob's uninvolvement, Zan tried to remember anything himself about Garl in terms of relationships with gods that might help them all.

"Knowledge-Religion" - (1d20+6)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

((Are you kidding me!? Roller, why has thou forsaken me?))
    Last edited by MK Kilmarnock; 2008-05-11 at 09:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Balthazar

"Knowledge:Religion" - (1d20+3)[23]
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

18. - Top - End - #108

The adventurers can think of no historical animosity between the deities Garl and Obad-Hai. Only in recent years, in Bridgeport specifically, has there grown to be friction between the Church of Garl and all the other churches because of converts leaving their ranks to join the growing movement in the Bridgeport Church of Garl. Possibly worse in the churches of Obad-Hai and Ehlonna because they see their religions dying out, while the churches of Pelor and Yondalla can afford to lose a few people and still stay strong. Small sects of niche deities such as Boccob haven't lost anyone to the new Garl movement.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground

Durx

Know:Religion - (1d20+6)[18]

The few dwarves that worsh'ped Obad-Hai set up there own smaller villages in the mountains. And Any'un worsh'ping Garl was either livin' with th'nomes, or an entertainer or prankster. Yeah, Marko's on my team, and he's a sailor. I'll remind him to come to one of these meetings

I'm Durx by the way, if anyone's new to these meetings. Say, anyone have anythin' t'eat'r'drink? 'sides Zan.

(@Doc, If I can't post right now, then disregard this post, and I'l post again when I can, I also forgot I got 4 skill points per level b/c of my Int, instead of 2, so I am putting ranks into Knowledge (Religion) and Craft(Blacksmithing and Weaponry)

20. - Top - End - #110

Default 'cept me?

Zan shrugged.
    "Um, I can go run and grab a mug if anybody's got one, and I'll gladly pour you a swig. I'm generous, you just can't drink directly from the flask. S-sorry if it offends you, I don't want it to."

21. - Top - End - #111

No problem at all, y'carry that 'round everywhere, I wouldn't want some'uns spit on it too.

He laughs.

You can't live with dwarves all yer life and not have a mug on hand.

It's true, Durx pulls out an old copper mug.

22. - Top - End - #112

Default Hey, really?

Zan had a heavily amused look on his face as he stepped over and poured a generous amount of the ail into Durx's mug. "You were around Dwarves for a significant portion of your life? Really?" Zan's amusement was also from his own being raised by a dwarf. He had truly never considered it, but perhaps that was why he was such a heavy drinker.

23. - Top - End - #113

Actually, since I was young, I came to this town 'month ago. I'm Durx, of Clan Ironbeard, I was surprised when they accepted me as one of their clansmen m'self.

24. - Top - End - #114

Default That's cool, but... weird. Still, cool.

Zan finished rubbing the back of his head and took his own sip of ale before capping it and returning to his seat.

"Um, we were a bit off topic just now... but I only know one dwarf while we're at it, so my knowledge bases of dwarven culture are good unless we're talking about whole civilizations. For all intents and purposes, um.. well, I guess you're basically a dwarf in a half-orc body. N-neat!"
    Zan looked about nervously, knowing he should be getting back down to business.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    No problem at all, y'carry that 'round everywhere, I wouldn't want some'uns spit on it too.

He laughs.

You can't live with dwarves all yer life and not have a mug on hand.

It's true, Durx pulls out an old copper mug.

The dwarf panics, and then bolts out of the room.
    I knew I forgot something! My mug! Damn!
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

26. - Top - End - #116

Matthew:
    Balthazar..??

Uh well anyway.... that's what Adder was up to and I think we covered what the Cougars were doing. Where did team Dingo disappear to so suddenly? And did team Badger get anywhere with the Halfling uprising thing? Well we know the weapons were nothing to do with them now but did anything come of it?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kyte

Kyte shakes his head but says nothing, allowing one of the other Badgers to fill in for him. Instead he decides to listen.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by DavidByron View Post
    Matthew:
    Balthazar..??

Uh well anyway.... that's what Adder was up to and I think we covered what the Cougars were doing. Where did team Dingo disappear to so suddenly? And did team Badger get anywhere with the Halfling uprising thing? Well we know the weapons were nothing to do with them now but did anything come of it?

A friend of ours's kidnapped, by our former teammate Finde, s'well as some others. Speakin'f which, we might have some sailors for hire by the guild, but we have to talk it out first.

29. - Top - End - #119

Default Yeah, about the uprising....

Zan sighed.
    "As far as the uprising is concerned, I hardly learned anything thanks to a little trip taken to West Bridgeport." He didn't go any further than that, though he noticed when Balthazar suddenly left the room.

"...R-right."

30. - Top - End - #120

Matthew:
    Oh by the way. If anyone hear's anything about people creating magical portals or people looking for people like that, we need to know about it.