New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Thing: A Werewolf Game (Day 5)

((I urge Medium to contact me as soon as he or she gets the list of Bushranger scries. That would help team Grunt quite a lot, I think.))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

The shot rang out through the entire base.

I could see smoke curling from the barrel of Ominous' rifle, and the wall behind him was spattered with gore. Ominous was lying on the middle of the floor, the top of his head missing.

Even Mordokai, who was the first to lead the accusations against Ominous, looked shocked.

For a while, we all stood around in stunned silence. Then finally, Vavaara spoke. "Sh-shouldn't he have got up by now, if he was an alien?"

I looked at Mordokai, who had gone pale. "But ... but he told me..." he murmured.

I was over in a second, shoving Mordokai hard against the wall. I threw my arm against his throat. "WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU HEAR? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!"

He was gasping for air, and I had to lessen my grip. "One of those spooks with Psi-Nine ... he told me he had looked into ... into Ominous' mind ... read his thoughts ... he knew he was one of those Things ..."

I pointed back at Ominous' corpse. "DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A THING TO YOU?!" I screamed.

Several men stepped up to pull me off of Mordokai. In that moment when everyone's attentions were turned, no one noticed gnome_4ever moving towards Ominous' corpse, placing her hand on his chest.

That's when Ominous split open.

His chest splitting open as easily as one might pull down a zipper, Ominous' ribs suddenly burst out his body, and for a moment it looked like a set of fangs closing down on gnome4ever's arm. She screamed, and suddenly blood was ... erupting from Ominous' body, and we watched in horror as she was pulled down into that gnashing, gnawing mess.

We watched in horror as Ominous' head, with the top of its skull still missing, suddenly rose in the air on a neck that was far too long to be anything natural. It gave us a gory, grotesque smile.

"None of you are getting out of here alive," it said, in a gurgling, muddy voice.

We turned the flamethrowers on it a minute later, and watched it and gnome's body burn away. As I stood there, watching the fire and panting, Mordokai strode up to me and threw his fist into my jaw.

"As a matter of fact, chief, that definitely ****ing does look like a Thing," he said.

Ominous was lynched. He was, of course, a Thing.
    gnome_4ever was autolynched. She was a Grunt.
    Night 6 will now begin and end on Thursday evening, around 10 p.m. Mountain Time.

Player List:

Spoiler
    Show
    Darth Solice
    Freshmeat
    Raiser Blade
    Keris Rain
    Bushranger
    Vavaara
    Travelling Angel
    Ominous
    Mustiado
    Fleeing Coward
    Haruki-kun
    Mordokai
    Onasuma
    Banjo1985
    Emperor Demonking
    topher
    Aemoh
    Irbis
    I'm da Rogue!
    Doseki
    Darkbane
    coolgaelbert
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    KerfuffleMach2
    pankake
    MadHatter
    Dr. Bath
    Eita
    Eksar Lindisfar
    Eldritch Knight
    Kay
    JMK
    Someonenonotyou
    Zombie pixe
    DemonicAngel
    Fin
    Ranna
    Ramebriz
    gnome4ever
    Shadowcaller
    LeoMan
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-03 at 10:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Mordokai... good job." said DA as he looked away from the bloody mess which was once Ominous, just a minute before they burned him.
    "But now, we cannot trust you, as you will be infected soon enough.
    I am sorry."
    DA looked at Mordokai... maybe he was already infected?

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

None have shadowcaller for a while, but since he cant move away from the base he must be around here somewhere...unless he went of into the frozen wastes and froze to death.
    ((role-playing a player that have gone insane and paranoid have its downsides...you dont get any monolog, or dialog for that matter...))

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Smacking captain over the jaw felt good. A little too good perhaps. I looked upon him with apologetic smile and said to him:

"Sorry chief, my nerves aren't as good as they used to be. But do me a favor. Next time you start choking me, do it good. Or perhaps you won't have another chance to try it. You see, me geting choked usually puts me in bad mood. Don't know why, but it does."

Hearing DA speaking to me I answered to him:

"Well, I guess that is the closest thing to apology I can expect. Not that I need it, seeing another of those aliens dead is good enought for me. But please, don't give them any ideas. I'd prefer to keep my thought for myself and an alien sharing them... that is really not something I'd want."

With that, I went for sleep, not knowing what to expect.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground

"hmmm...Mordokai is not infected I believe, in fact, whoever told him that Omnious was a thing, he was right...so we can trust him for now...talking of which DA, since he has a chance to know who is a thing or not...why do you suggest we have to kill him?..."

Eksar looks at DA and keeps his flamethrower ready...
    Aoki Neko avatar by Quinsar (thanks a lot)
    Eksar avatar by Shades of gray(thanks a lot)
    Full-plated Eksar by Qwernt (thanks a lot as well)
    Thanks to Meynolds for additional avatar
    Thanks to all those who nominated me for Leeroy ITP
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

So Eksar.... are you suggesting DA might be a thing?

8. - Top - End - #278

"hmm...that will depend on his answer, he might be right as well..."

Eksar sits

"thinking about it...if the thing was a smart being and Mordokai was infected, he wouldn't mind to make Mordokai to kill another of theirs to make us trust him and eventually eat us, then again, they might be using him through an infected psi to make us think that last part and start killing us each other at the sacrifice of a thing for each one of us, thinking that there is few of us left, the thing might infect two each night, sacrifice one, and make us kill one of us...we are few anyways, so it might be a plan to get rid of us quick..."

"so...DA...what is your answer?"
    Last edited by Eksar Lindisfar; 2008-03-05 at 10:14 AM.
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

9. - Top - End - #279

"My answer? I am no Thing, but still, I cant shake the feeling that now, Mordokai knows who is one of the psi-9, I believe he will be infected... and no, I am not saying kill him on the spot, but just take it into your consideration." DA says and looks at Mordokai "Hope I didn't offend you... but my prime goal is to survive this little mission gone terribly wrong." he says to the now asleep Mordokai, or atleast thats what he looks like, and then goes to the side and starts throwing one of his combat knife at the wall, training.

10. - Top - End - #280

"then we will have to keep him under surveillance..."

Eksar sighs...

"ok, time to think...what do we know about this things? aside that they can hide in one of us, allowing them to keep their memories, and there is a chance that their knowledge as well, and they can be burned like paper?"
    Last edited by Eksar Lindisfar; 2008-03-06 at 10:42 AM.
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Thing: A Werewolf Game (Day 7)

Several hours after Ominous' death, I went to see Mordokai in his quarters. He was sitting on the edge of his bunk, as though expecting to see me.

"I can take you to the Psi-Nine member who contacted me," he said. "But he'll only meet us if you and I go alone."

"I don't much like that idea," I said. "What if you've been infected, and you're leading me into a trap?"

Mordokai frowned. "If I was an alien, why would I give up Ominous?"

"To make us trust you," I replied.

"Well, how do I know you're not an alien?"

I did not answer at first, but finally I let out a resigned sigh. "You're right, Mordokai," I said. "Either one of us can be infected. But if we don't trust each other, I'm not sure if we will survive this place."

Mordokai was silent at first, then rose to his feet. "Come on," he said simply, walking out the doorway and down the corridor.

We retrieved our winter gear, and Mordokai led me to an abandoned part of the outpost: a small tool shed where the door had been broken in. The wind had picked up and was screeching as it whipped around us.

Mordokai went into the shed. At that moment, I was unsure; all I had was my handgun, which I knew was useless against the aliens. If he wanted to kill me and replace me, this would be the place to do it. Despite my doubts, however, I pushed in.

Mordokai was standing in the shed with another person, whose face I could not see within the heavy hood that turned his face into a shadow. No, there was something else; it was as though I couldn't make my eyes focus enough to see him, like something was urging my mind not to accept what was in front of me...

"Psi-Nine, I presume?"

The figure nodded. "Captain, you must forgive my secrecy, but if I were discovered, the aliens would come for me without hesitation. And if I were infected, all that I know would be used against you."

"Do you know how many of my men have been replaced by the alien?"

"At least six. I suspect their numbers are nearly finished growing; they wouldn't have disabled the other helicopters if they expected to infect us all. But they are not our only concern. One of the Psi-Nine has turned traitor."

"What do you mean?"

The figure hesitated, and his voice was full of doubt. "The power that we have ... it is a dangerous and terrible weapon to wield. Many of those who discover they have psychic abilities are driven insane. Before they were killed, the others confirmed what I had been sensing for days: one of us has allied himself with the aliens, believing them to be superior."

I was aghast. "Can't you do something? Kill him? We need that traitor gone!"

He shook his head. "I don't know he is. Our secrecy is a weapon, but it is also a weakness. But if I find him, rest assured he will be taken care of."

"A lot of help you people are! You're supposed to be on this side, not the ****ing alien's!" For a moment I was too angry to speak, but then I remembered Bushranger and the others who had been burned to death. "Who's the one roasting my men, then?"

"That I can help you with. I knew the Assassin was a psychic, but I never knew —"

He suddenly stopped mid-sentence, as though his throat had clenched up. Then, his hands were at his hood, and he was tearing it back. It was Darkbane, and I could see his face was blistering red.

Mordokai and I ran over to him. He was as hot as a burning coal, and we tore off his coat. His skin had turned as red as his face, and there were blisters raising all over his flesh.

"What the hell is wrong with him?!" Mordokai shouted, terrified.

Somehow, he found the strength to grab my arm.

"LISTEN!" he gasped. "Can't get infected! Knows that! Power ... too strong! Only way to be sure ... we beat the Thing ... is to KILL EVERYONE IN THIS BASE!"

He then began to scream, and before our eyes, the entire length of Darkbane's body burst into flame.

We ran outside, looking for Darkbane's killer. We found tracks in the snow alongside our own, and then leading back to the exit we used out of the compound.

"The Assassin! We lead them right to Darkbane! Damn it! DAMN IT!" Mordokai shouted, sinking to his knees in the snow.

Darkbane was killed. He was the last of the three Telepaths, excluding the Traitor.
    Day 7 will now begin and will end on Sunday evening at 10 p.m. Mountain Time.

Player List:

Spoiler
    Show
    Darth Solice
    Freshmeat
    Raiser Blade
    Keris Rain
    Bushranger
    Vavaara
    Travelling Angel
    Ominous
    Mustiado
    Fleeing Coward
    Haruki-kun
    Mordokai
    Onasuma
    Banjo1985
    Emperor Demonking
    topher
    Aemoh
    Irbis
    I'm da Rogue!
    Doseki
    Darkbane
    coolgaelbert
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    KerfuffleMach2
    pankake
    MadHatter
    Dr. Bath
    Eita
    Eksar Lindisfar
    Eldritch Knight
    Kay
    JMK
    Someonenonotyou
    Zombie pixe
    DemonicAngel
    Fin
    Ranna
    Ramebriz
    gnome4ever
    Shadowcaller
    LeoMan
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-07 at 02:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Thing: A Werewolf Game

This is the night I will not forget soon. Even if I somehow manage to survive this whole ordeal, uninfected, the memory if Darkbane will haunt me forever. He trusted me and that's what got him killed. It was my responsibility and it will be a burden I will have to carry from now on. Perhaps he was better of. I mean, better to be dead than be one of those things, right? I wasn't so sure about that anymore.

In any case, I figured the least we could do to honor the memory of Darkbane was to kill some of those things. I had one name to cling on, one last name he gave me before dying. That name was Freshmeat. He was right with Ominous, I decided to follow him on this lead as well. I stepped up to Freshmeat, pulled the gun out of holster and said to him:

"If there is any humanity left in you, tell us of the other Things you know. Tell me who they are and I'll make sure you die quickly. Don't think I'm enjoying in this, but I'm doing this for the good of my fellow grunts, for the good of humanity and for your own good. I'm sure the real Freshmeat would prefer to die, rather than be a vessel for some horrible alien. So, if there is at least a spark of humanity left in you, help us. Help yourself."

((What I'm going to do now will take a great amount of trust, but I think this is the best way for us to win. I'd like Commander and Medium to contact me. Possibly The Twins as well. Commander knows all the other Psychics so he will be our link and will serve to verify others identity. Medium should ask FoE for scans of Darkbane. I have his list and will compare it, if it matches you're in the clear. The Twins, each of you send a PM to me and your Twin at the same time, this way we'll know for sure you are the real Twin and not the assassin or the traitor. When I have your identites we will lynch assassin and traitor. Traitor is obvious and assassin posses more of a risk to us then benefit. On a long run he is more of a hazard for team grunt than anything else. The sooner we kill him, the better. With this, I'm making myself a good target for tonight kill, so please, do this ASAP. I will make some deductions and forward them to the commander, with the Darkbane list, so he will have same info as I do. Forming a network is our biggest chance at the moment and since the Things haven't used their infections for some time I think you can trust me that I'm still human.))

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think its time to follow Mordokai's Lead here. Freshmeat, what have you to say about it?

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

((Don't really feel like roleplaying at this moment. Yes, I'm a Thing, and I'm done for anyway, especially since last night's narration even specifically stressed the fact that Mordokai is a good guy.

I believe I'm supposed to give a long-winded bad guy speech here, but since that'd spoil some of the surprises, and since a near-miracle would have to happen for the grunts to lose this anyway, I might just as well skip that part.

Now a more practical request: can all the Things whose identity I don't know of yet send me a PM? If all of us at least know eachother's identities, we can avoid mistaken-identity and friendly-fire issues.))
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-03-07 at 09:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #285

As Mordokai points his gun against freshmeat a thin and bleak shadowcaller comes out from the shadows

I..I..cant hide anymore, kill me now you monsters i cant live like this..

he suddenly stops when he see that mordokai is pointing a gun against freshmeat

Wait..one of you cant be a thing, you *points at Mordokai* are not a thing?..

((vote for Freshmeat_ as thing in the playground))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-03-07 at 10:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286

((Roleplay will come later, no time.))
    a point forFreshmeat_)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Thing: A Werewolf Game

*point at Freshmeat_*
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

The ghost of a certain Telepath continues floating around, hoping the Medium will notice his presence at some point.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #289

Vote for freshmeat
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

*points at freshmeat*

21. - Top - End - #291

Eita walked up and punched Freshmeat_ in the face, "Why won't you b*stards die?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Freshmeat*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

23. - Top - End - #293

points at freshmeat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

MWAA!

The pyro grunt wakes with a start. How did he sleep for over twenty four hours straight? Who knows. He gets up, rubbing his head.

MWOO MWAA NWEMWE MWAAMWE MWEMO MWEMEME? MWA MWY MO MWE BWAWAENG?!
    <Who're these phychic fellows anyway? And why do they keep dying?!>

He throws his arms in the air and stalks off, brushing angrily against Freshmeat on the way out.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Dangit, another day where my semi-useful vote analysis goes unneeded... CURSE YOU, EASILY FINDABLE THINGS!!!))

*Vavaara points at Freshmeat*
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I thought the things were doing fairly well? Six things remain even with the ones we've lynched and Freshmeat going down tonight leaves five. There's still a lot of things out there with recruitments. ?:/ ))

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Goodbye then Freshmeat.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

((I must say I'm dissapointed people. I didn't got a single reply to my last request So I'll ask again that commander, both of the twins and medium to get in contact with me. Trust, or we can lose this game yet. Please, send me a PM as soon as possible.))

29. - Top - End - #299

"well...if Mordokai is alright is one thing less, if not, he goes down as well"

Eksar points his flamethrower to Freshmeat
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

30. - Top - End - #300

*points at Freshmeat*

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show