New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Sparks of a Rebellion.

Kell

"I agree, only one way to find out, don't worry Voota, stick close to me and we'll get out okay." He nods, but in reality he's only heard about the Hutts in the negative. Hopefully it will be okay.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sian Jobl

Sian shakes his head.

I'm not sure that it'd be a good idea to have me in the party that goes to meet Barda. There's too much of a risk of him recognizing me. I'd be more than willing to help in any other way I can though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Doctor Kast

With an affirmative nod, Thomas Kast drags over a chair to get slightly more comfortable. He's just feeling a wee bit dizzy from all that running around, and the quick treatments, but he mumbles out to whomever might ask that he's as well as can be expected. Almost as if a fluke of luck, Barda the Hutt becomes the centerpiece of conversation.

"With that kind of attention, there's no way for you to run around planet side without some kind of cover, Sian. Heck, I'm not sure if there's anybody on this hunk of metal junk that could rig up a few fake IDs and maybe toss some cosmetics on you. Of course, I always thought that blonde wigs really brought out your cheek bones." this last is said with a guffaw.

4. - Top - End - #154

Sian Jobl

And pumps really accentuate my butt. Sian says, standing on his tiptoes to reinforce the point.

5. - Top - End - #155

Bob Morlich

Bob can't help but crack a smile at the back and forth banter between the two.

6. - Top - End - #156

Shannon laughs at the talk going on between the group. Finally however she decides its time to get going. Putting on a different jacket she quickly steps outside the door and back into the side ally.

She waits for everyone to get out before shutting and locking it. Finally she checks quickly to make sure the door blends in well. After that she quickly walks down the ally and out into the brighter light of the street. Despite being over Nar Shadaa one of the most filthy places in the universe, literally as well as metaphorically the station was incredibly clean. It was an odd contrast to the dark and grey planet it orbited.

After half an hour of walk in silence they finally started to get into the area of the station where it was darker simulating night. Or maybe the lights had just fallen into disrepair as much of the light generated here was from the neon signs of bars, taverns and strip joints. The crowds had also disappeared for obvious reasons. That being no one normal would want to get caught down in these streets.

However it was none of the bars she led them too, walking past a great deal of these she finally started walking down a street leading to the outer sections of the station. As they walked the ground got progressively worse. Here and there it was obvious the station had not been completed as entire floor panels were missing and a fall into the depths of the stations machinery was possible. However slummy buildings still lined the streets and once in awhile you could catch a glimpse of a non human. The walls were dirty and in some places carbon scarring revealed that blasters had been fired back here. The lights were also even worse and many were smashed and broken.

Finally at the end of these crummy homes was what appeared to be a warehouse. It was here the residents decided it was to dangerous to live as much of the floor was missing revealing a lot of the inner workings of the station. Looking down one of these holes it was easy to hear machinery clanking or hissing away at some purpose however nothing could be seen because of the height involved in a fall.

As they entered the warehouse and went into the main hallway in the dim light they could just barely make out a little dim light and two Gamorean guards standing beside the door. They appeared to be bored and not taking the job at hand seriously. Shannon quickly turned to the group.

"Okay I have led you here but in case it is an Imperial trap I am not going to go in. I need you to ask the informant about the meeting with the Hutt. He is very knowledgeable and if rumors are correct he is trying to go in league with the Hutts. That is not the point, he is also in the possession of a very valuable piece of information involving the rebellion. If you can try and get it out of him, although that may be tricky. When your done meet me out here, and if I hear blaster fire I will assume its a trap and meet you back at the hideout."

OCC: Sorry, couldn't get on the forums the other day.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kell

Far from being unsettled by the appearance of the area, Kell actually seems to become more at ease as they get closer to the building. He holsters his new blaster in a more relaxed manner. The guards are intimidating, but nothing his new group couldn't handle, he was sure of it. This would actually all go pretty well with a little luck.

8. - Top - End - #158

Bob Morlich

Bob moves easily and silently over the rough terrain, avoiding the missing deck plates and holes. When they arrive at the warehouse he assesses the two guards from a distance. With a grim look, he prepares to spring the suspected trap with the others.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Voota nods a Kell, taking some comfort in his words before they head out. This place was strange, but gave her the sense of wandering around a much cleaner sandcrawler and she could find comfort in that.

The machinery down below was of great interest, but even Voota had enough smarts to understand the dangers of getting too close or falling down the many hole in this area. Of course, this would make movement very difficult, which would only make the trap that more effective.

Being bait is her favorite idea, but the group seemed ok with it, so what could she do. But her small size might make it easier for her to give them an extra edge. She eyes the Gamoreans, sighing slightly at the familiarity. Stupid, but brutal - the perfect guard. She turns to face the group and presses a small button on the translator, "[Translation] We should proceed with caution." She takes a moment to scan the area, trying to notice anything the might tip the hand of the trap or give her any idea of who might be hiding out there.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (1d20+7)[16]

10. - Top - End - #160

Dando nods to her and say Can do Ma'am. with that Dando confidently walk forward toward the two Gamorean guards.

Perception (1d20+7)[8]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-02-23 at 10:28 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

11. - Top - End - #161

Sian Jobl

With no other options presenting themselves, Sian follows along with the others.

I wonder why they never finished the station here, he muses at one point, looking at the machinery below.

When the finally come to the warehouse, he loosens the blaster in his holster and follows along behind the group.

12. - Top - End - #162

Ill update tomorrow guys.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

13. - Top - End - #163

Awwww crap... I forgot all about this. Damn bus broke and I had to walk from school. That being a few miles, and not being used to this I can definitely say I am in some pain from this whole exercise thing. That and I have been busy with getting into a college so in other words I am so tired I can't update today. I swear I will get around to it tomorrow after some rest and not having to walk miles upon miles!!!

Exile

14. - Top - End - #164

Doctor Kast

"Sian, do you ever get the feeling your careening towards some unknown destination so fast you don't have a moment to pack your things, you've only got the chance to hold on and pray to everything you hold dear that wherever you end up isn't going to be quite as nasty as the frying pot you just leaped out of? Yeah, that was Rhetorical, and I can't remember the last time I saw Gamoreans guarding anything particularly pleasant."

The older gentlemen absently fingers his newfound cheap blaster rifle as discreetly as he can manage. It's not that he was unfamiliar with such things, but that it had been several years since he last had to draw one fast enough to save his life. The sudden likelihood of having to do so in the immediate future had him contemplating the best way to pull it off.

Dando seems a brave enough fella, and though the good doctor is certainly the hero of this tale, he would be lost without an amazing supporting cast such as people who were happily willing to chat up hulking space pigs that could split a clone trooper in twain with an overly violent sneeze. If Thomas Kast was aware of modern pop-culture, he might have committed himself to the idea that Dando was one minority that was NOT going to die this early in the story. But since he is not, he simply committed himself to the idea that Dando was NOT going to die on his watch.
    Last edited by Telemont; 2008-02-26 at 05:31 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

The group gave a slight hesitation and looked down the hall at the Gamoreans. Then they all started ti walk forward. As they were walking forward Dando and Voota scanned ahead for anything that might be of interest in such a deadly situation.

Looking forward they seen the door at the end was open and appeared to lead into a massive and old warehouse that looks like it has been abandoned. Nothing really stands out as truly dangerous about the guards and so they finally step forward enough so they can be seen properly by the guards.

They don't really looked to shocked to see such an odd assortment of beings in the hallway and as if bored wave the group through with a drunk and a squeal. However most of the group is unsure if its safe to go through the door. It was clear these guards were not expecting much to happen.

Exile

16. - Top - End - #166

Sian Jobl

Sian nods as he falls in step with the doctor.

I know what you mean Doc. That's why I find it easiest to keep what I need with me and just try and enjoy the ride.

He eyes the Gamoreans as they enter the warehouse.

'Course, that's not to say that the ride is always enjoyable. I'm just hoping we can all get out of here peaceably.

17. - Top - End - #167

Bob Morlich

Keeping his eyes on the two gamoreans Bob walks through the doors, noting that they look bored more than anything, not the sort of mood one would be in if one were expecting trouble.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Voota follows the group, doing her best to keep her cool. The dark warehouse and the unknown contents inside didn't sit well with her, but she was in this now. Keeping to the middle of the group, she follows past the familiar looking guards and into the warehouse.

19. - Top - End - #169

Upon entering the warehouse it is quite apparent that the lights are almost all but broken. So entering is like walking into an eerie dim, one well lit spot however is a light down the stairs and in the center of the massive warehouse. You would only see the light from your elevated position because scattered around the warehouse are crates, some so big you could stand in them and other small enough for some cover if it was needed.

Looking at the small glow you can see something only the richest of people could dream of using, there was a candle alight on a metallic desk, the glow from the light flows over a computer and some datapads. No one is behind the desk, there are a few chairs in front of it that seem to beckon to be sat in.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2008-02-29 at 03:28 PM.

Exile

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kell

""Well, this is a cheery place." Kell walks forward cautiously towards the chairs, and checks to see if anybody else is about.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[13]

21. - Top - End - #171

Bob Morlich

Bob takes in the scene ahead of them, from their raised vantage point, the dark room with only a single candle. He brings up his rifle and uses the low light sight to scan the room below, looking to see if there are any other beings hiding behind the crates scattered around the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+1)[21]

22. - Top - End - #172

Doctor Kast

The good doctor does as he has done for the past several minutes, with one distinct difference; there is no off-color commentary. While the past half an hour has seen them wandering the station and emerging from the depths of a rebel home there has been little of note occurring besides the Gamoreans. And, while they were certainly threatening, he had seen them in bars on many on occasion and the tried tactic of 'leaving them alone' seems to have paid off yet again. So, it is without further ado that he follows along with the rest of the fellows as he's been doing for a while now.

23. - Top - End - #173

Sian Jobl

Sian casts his eyes over the room, using his natural ability to see in the dark to try and find anything else out of the ordinary.

See anything strange, Bob? Aside from the table and random candle, of course.

Edit: I suppose I should include some rolls.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2008-03-03 at 09:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Scanning the darkness with her glowing eyes, Voota looks for anything that might grab her interest more than an unattended computer and free datapads. The light made seeing in the dark a bit more annoying, but it was worth checking before she dove in to the bounty that awaits before her. She makes small noises of excitement as she moves through the room, watchful and moving toward the desk with purpose.

Spoiler
    Show

Darkvision
    Perception (1d20+7)[20]

25. - Top - End - #175

Spoiler
    Show
    The rolls weren't working in my above post. Here's Sian's perception check.

(1d20+7)[19]

26. - Top - End - #176

Bob Morlich

Quote Originally Posted by Baerdog7 View Post
    Sian Jobl

See anything strange, Bob? Aside from the table and random candle, of course.
    Still panning the room through his low light scope Bob says, That candle does reveal some affectation about this contact. I wonder if the multiple datapads means they were expecting more than one person to show up? How could they know?

27. - Top - End - #177

RIP Gary Gygax. May he roll on a chart to figure out how he rests.

Update tomorrow guys, had a terrible god awful sleep last night and I am heading off to bed early.

Exile

28. - Top - End - #178

Taking a further look around the room you can barely make out the figure of a man over by the desk and candle light. He is in the shadows and its impossible to tell if he is facing away or at the table. Finally in the very dim light of the room you can make out closed doors on either end of the warehouse. It looks like it is just you and whoever the mysterious figure is near the desk.

Finally upon reaching the desk and waiting for a minute it is clear the figure had their back turned on the group. He continues to keep his back turned as he looks for something in a small cabinet. Finally as eyes adjust to the light it is apparent it is a 3P0 series of droid. He is silent as he goes about his task looking through the cabinet.

Exile

29. - Top - End - #179

Sian Jobl

Sian's fingers twitch at the sight of the droid.

NO! No Sian, that droid's not for tinkering with. Get a grip.

He sighs, clears his throat, and raps his fingers on the desk.

Need help with something?

30. - Top - End - #180

Bob

Bob follows the group to the candlelit table, but he allows Sian do the talking, while he continues to keep watch away from the lone droid, scanning the rest of the room, watching for anything that might indicate an ambush.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check (1d20+1)[2]